Posted

New on PlayStation Store this week: Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age, Serial Cleaner, more

Plus, Deadcore, Fatal Fury Special, and the first episode of Minecraft: Story Mode’s second season

A decade after its original release on PS2, Final Fantasy XII returns with a fresh-faced PS4 remaster. Dive back into this landmark RPG with The Zodiac Age, featuring enhanced visuals and soundtrack, a brand new Trial Mode, and a reconfigured Job system. (You can read all about the original and its remaster in our latest Extended Play.)

Elsewhere, Telltale’s popular Story Mode for Minecraft enters its second season, with the first episode hitting PlayStation Store today. Alternatively, why not try and hide the evidence of crime scenes in 70s-inspired stealth game Serial Cleaner, dive into the arcade action of medieval twin-stick dungeon shooter Iron Crypticle, or create intricate machines to solve deranged puzzles in PS VR with Fantastic Contraption.

Here is the full list of this week’s new arrivals:

28 Comments
0 Author replies
Carnivius_Prime 11 July, 2017 @ 11:53

Lookit all that glorious DLC this week! :P

Anyways just Iron Crypticle for me today thank you! :D

CoolRichy007UK 11 July, 2017 @ 13:55
1.1

I pre ordered yonder cloud catcher & Unbox newbie adventure both should be good, in august im gonna pre order knack II everybody golf i did have both pre ordered but had pre orders cancelled just incase release dates are put back

OrbitalFlow 11 July, 2017 @ 12:03

Why did you remove the PS2 On PS4 category from the PS4 PSN store?

CoolRichy007UK 11 July, 2017 @ 13:56
2.1

They need to add it back asap or add it to xmb

2.2

Because it’s the same situation as Move, Vita, etc… it’s already going to the grave, not too long after it was introducted…

teh__pwnerer 11 July, 2017 @ 12:04

Is Shadow of Mordor going to be on sale in Europe? The Official youtube channel advertised the sale a couple of days ago, and the sale is running on Steam, Xbox and US PSN.

Specky_Geek 11 July, 2017 @ 12:25

Not very much this week , .am I missing something seems like a very quiet week on the ps store

Alucard6769 11 July, 2017 @ 12:32
4.1

Its summer. Very few games get released during summer

CoolRichy007UK 11 July, 2017 @ 13:58
4.2

Its summer the slowest time for psn games it will pick up in august with a few games like everybody golf jak daxter collection then September knack II : The game no one wanted lol

Carnivius_Prime 11 July, 2017 @ 14:48
4.3

why are there few games released during summer when so many kids and teens have so much free time and want to not be bored?

Show more replies

Black The Fall looks interesting, i’ll probably get it.

nukualofaperson 11 July, 2017 @ 13:59

I wonder how much those NeoGeo games are selling. They keep pumping them out by the shipload.

Carnivius_Prime 11 July, 2017 @ 14:46
6.1

I’m still waiting for my faves to show up. such as Shock Troopers and Blazing Star…oh and I thought we were promised Windjammers?

damienmcnugget 11 July, 2017 @ 15:28

Black the Fall does indeed look great, if I didn’t have such a huge backlog I would get right on that. Real soon though!

supersmith2500 11 July, 2017 @ 17:44

Such a light week this week.

FFXII was a great game back in the day but I will leave it firmly in the realm of nostalgia. Won’t be supporting Square Enix or the FF brand any more after FFXV.

9.1

I got it yesterday and it’s a great remaster. Better game than most modern RPG’s.

For me FF XII was the weakest of all just because of the battle system didn’t like it and they not improved since I’m not a fan of the action battle system my fave was FF X being able to take your time and plan your next moves 3 or so in advance.

Better than last week but beginning off topic what heard on game news that sqaureenix might relase final fansty collection 1 to 9 games for PS4 . For 30 years of final fansty but it seems not doing it know🙁.

Sin_Kurogami 12 July, 2017 @ 11:40

Just logging in to ask for ps2 emulation again… Bring us Onimusha, Killzone, Dragon Quest VII, the old Fifa Street, Burnout, Sly, Jak and Daxter, Timesplitters…

And ofc, keep making great games like Uncharted, TLOU, Bloodborne, Infamous (we really need a new one)…

Emulation woul be the easy route to keep the old while investing in the new (most proper emulators already have some neat features to help with the jump to hd)

Sin_Kurogami 12 July, 2017 @ 11:46
11.1

Just adding MGS 3 and the Persona games for the wish list and this pretty little idea in the link below: http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1399996

11.2

I don’t think you will get any emulation… especially free one. Sony became so greedy, they forgot what it means to care for your clients…

Sin_Kurogami 12 July, 2017 @ 13:17
11.3

True, Xbox is coming around after getting shot down by gamers for their behaviour a few e3 back, maybe Sony will learn if Xbox X is actually the beast it claims to be and sells like hot cupcakes

Grizzly_Joker_99 12 July, 2017 @ 13:49

Just blown away by this weeks DLC offerings. Absolutely ridiculous when compared to what NA users get.

Hello Fred,

Do you know when Eliza, the pre-order DLC character for Tekken 7, will be available for everyone ?

Regards

I’ll happily pick up FFXII when it comes up in a sale as I’ve already played through it and liked it. But Square Enix and Sony, PLEASE remaster FFIX! That game was amazing!! Still playing through so many older games in backlog

hi

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history