Posted

PlayStation Store’s Summer Sale starts today

Our Summer Sale is back on PlayStation Store! We have a massive selection of PS4, PS3 and PS Vita titles available on offer until the 16th of August, with up to 60% off*!

TITLE

You can save big on favourites such as Battlefield 1, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, EA SPORTS FIFA 17, Ratchet & Clank, TEKKEN 7 and more in the Summer Sale.

If you are looking for great deals on add-on content, we have the likes of Bloodborne The Old Hunters, Fallout 4 Season Pass, Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass, Tom Clancy’s The Division – Season Pass and more available on offer.

You can even experience something new with discounts on select VR content such as Batman: Arkham VR, Robinson: The Journey, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, PlayStation®VR Worlds.

The Summer Sale list is huge, so we’ve included a selection from each category below, all you have to do is head to the PlayStation Store Summer Sale page for the full list and pricing details! Don’t forget, some games will only be on offer for a limited time, just visit the title on Store for details and don’t miss out!

*Some titles may not be available in your region

Summer Sale

PS4:

DLC:

PS VR:

59 Comments
2 Author replies

It’s great guys <3

StevenJamesHyde 19 July, 2017 @ 10:49

Cracking price for The Witness

Same old, same old! Come on guys, give us some discounts like the rest of the world get. The US got Shadow of Mordor for $3.99 recently, we get it as a ‘deal of the week’ for £9.99?! Asia get Killzone, Gravity Rush, God of War 3, Just Cause 3 for FREE with Plus and we still get charged £10-£11 for most of them.

There are some cheap deals for stuff like Inside, Abzu, The Witness, Oxenfree etc but they scream PS Plus at some point.

3.1

Agreed. I haven’t spent a single penny in PS Store this year. Discount prices for the majority of AAA and AA games are pretty boring. Nothing expetional. I can easily find cheaper used Disc copies of these games. And even some new Discs cost less than discounted prices in PS Store! It looks like I will only be buying physical copies of video games for my PS4…

madmanwithabox12 19 July, 2017 @ 11:06

“We have a massive selection of PS4, PS3 and PS Vita titles available on offer until the 16th of August, with up to 60% off*!”

Would it really hurt to show us those PS3 and Vita (I’m assuming by extension PS1 and PSP classics) titles too? I don’t get why this blog seems intent on delivering as little information about a given thing as possible.

Eric Whelan 19 July, 2017 @ 11:11
4.1

The list of discounts in a sale like this is huge, so we only list a selection. We specifically called this out in the blog:

“The Summer Sale list is huge, so we’ve included a selection from each category below, all you have to do is head to the PlayStation Store Summer Sale page for the full list and pricing details!”

We’ll keep it in mind for future posts but sometimes it’s just not feasible given the sheer number of titles.

madmanwithabox12 19 July, 2017 @ 11:21
4.2

Sure, but the PS3 and Vita aren’t even prioritised over DLC. That’s bad form.

4.3

Do you really expect them to “push” sales for “older-gen” systems when their current-gen system is already approaching 4 years old? Although beneficial for you (a small minority), they would prefer to market their newer stuff. They are a business after all.

Show more replies

FIFA 17 is still showing at £44.99 so when is this going to drop?

Bestperson2002 20 July, 2017 @ 12:54
5.1

When you decide to get better taste in games. If you want a good RTS then look to the Command and Conquer series.

CHAD-THUNDER-C 21 July, 2017 @ 21:21
5.2

>Guy asks about Fifa

>Insult him and tell him to play Command an Conquer for some reason as if they’re similar.

Poor form.

Alucard6769 19 July, 2017 @ 11:17

Really impressed by this sale. I have now finally grabbed Job simulator and Batman VR. Very happy with both the prices and my patience in waiting for them to be at the right price 😁😁

Eric Whelan 19 July, 2017 @ 11:19
6.1

Batman Arkham VR is still one of my favourite PSVR experiences. Enjoy!

Why was Tekken 2 removed from the store?

Got to agree with Madmaninabox. While we all know you don’t give a damn about Vita owners anymore, it’s pretty ridiculous that a system you’ve made that still has a sizeable fanbase – and that you’re still selling games for – gets completely ignored in this post in favour of highlighting DLC.

Incidentally, “a selection from each category below” is blatantly not true, as not every category (PS4, PS Vita, PS3, PSOne classics, DLC) is shown in this selection.

In 12 months time the PSVR will be getting the same treatment!

ZombieMeat666 19 July, 2017 @ 11:44

Pretty poor sale as usual, its either your standard sale price that its been in the many many previous sales…. Overpriced or overpriced!! Seriously how can you have a sale and still charge more than a physical copy? And PS3 games should be dirt cheap not these silly prices, I mean I can pick up most of them for 50p-£1!

Rastamadeus 19 July, 2017 @ 13:27
9.1

Agree with you 100%… up until the bit about being able to get most PS3 games for 50p-£1 as that’s just a blatant lie.

9.2

If you can get those older titles for that cheap then I don’t get why you are looking for them on the playstation store? You would surely know that they wouldn’t offer games cheaper.

To be fair PS3 games aren’t that cheap here, far from it. But yes the playstation store is definitely overpriced.

Carnivius_Prime 20 July, 2017 @ 12:19
9.3

Most PS3 games I’ve seen for 50-£1 in actual shops have been the many out of date discarded sports games like FIFA that shops NEED YOU TO TAKE AWAY so they can have shelf space back. Other than that the only play I see PS3 games that cheap is at car boot sales or my local charity shop… and again most are FIFA… Did once find Shadow of the Colossus mint condition with art cards only recently after it had come out on PS3 all them years ago at a car boot sale I didn’t enjoy the game so sold it on eBay and made a nice profit since it had only cost me £2. :D

Will there be any additions ? Cause it is pretty weak this way

Kick ass…. Got a lot of the top titles, but still great prices for these games if you don’t have them already.

YTBDean2002 19 July, 2017 @ 12:25

May you guys please add rainbow six siege. I waited until the summer and now it isn’t in the list…

When will the PSN+ Anniversary sale start? The anniversary is this month.

No Horizon? Srsly? Bloodborne and Uncharted 4 were at Summer Sale, even if they had a discount previously

14.1

Awhile ago, a PSN+ anniversary sale was announced.

I think they are maybe saving Horizon for that sale. PSN+ have anniversary this month, so next wednesday?

14.2

Picked up Horizon Zero Dawn yesterday, brand new disc for £19. I would have preferred the digital version but wasn’t too sure when the store will hit that price or lower. Of my 68 PS4 games, its the only disc game I own.

Carnivius_Prime 20 July, 2017 @ 12:12
14.3

I bought Horizon last week for £25. Played a bit and it’s cool but have sold it while disc is still worth money cos I haven’t the time to play it properly and I bought Shadow of Mordor on wednesday in the sale and the combat in that appeals to me much more. Like Hilaveli, Horizon was my only actual disc game and bought cos the digital version was still £50 but may likely buy that when it’s in PS sale. I think I have about 100 PS4 games and now no discs cos sold Horizon (though that’s including small retro or indie stuff that has no disc version)

Finka_Karfein 19 July, 2017 @ 13:54

Some great VR deals to get there! I recommend RIGS (yes, even with just 1 major update), GNOG, Tumble VR, Until Dawn: Rush of Blood, SUPERHYPERCUBE (it’s finally worth the price on this sale), Tethered (great strategy), Robinson (looks MUCH better on vanilla PS4 than many VR games with Pro upgrade, seriously – and it’s an 10h platinum if you’re hunting those), Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin.

I’m gonna finally get Batman and check why it’s so praised. Looking forward to Eagle Flight, Starblood Arena and Statik. Might get some others if my funds will survive that.

You can blame Sony sales, but they are a normally bit better than Microsoft and Sony sales.

I know, because i own all systems so i checked sales weekly for like 10 years in a row now. Easy for me to compare Sony vs others.

One thing is weird. When Sony and Microsoft have sale on same games same week, sometimes the discount is better on PSN, and sometimes better on LIVE. Its all random.

If you own all consoles, you always get the best price weekly either way. ;)

16.1

First of all, anyone expecting good sales from Nintendo (i saw your “edit”) is out of their minds.

Now, the problem here is that the US PSN store has way better deals (in terms of prices, i do realize the EU has more games on sale) than us, even taking into consideration that the taxes are only added in the purchase it’s still cheaper than EU.

For example, Shadow of Mordor was $4 on the US, we have to pay 10€. Is it the taxes? Because on the Xbox it was only 6€…

But let’s talk about Sony:

Normal price: 34.99€

Sale: 14.74€

GoW3 Remaster (US)

Normal price: $19.99

Sale: $5.99

What’s going on here?

I even admit that also being a PC gamer has spoiled me a lot but these different prices in the same system just bothers me, i don’t feel like purchasing anything from the Store, especially digital titles (indies?) because i either end up getting them cheaper/bundles on pc or on ps+.

Having the same price in different sales doesn’t help, i have the impression that some of these games on sale had the same discount last year (or were even cheaper then).

16.2

Yes, its a common thing that US prices on sales is much lower.

Blaming taxes is wrong, because a small tax would make the prices be so different. USA normally have 50% off on sales EU prices. thats just wrong.

As for Nintendo.

I have bought loads of games at 90% off on 3DS and Wii U, so you can’t say they never have big discounts.

Overall Nintendo is still the worst on sales. I agree on that.

Microsoft seem to have better discounts on Xbox One backwards compartible 360 games, but also 360 games than vs PS3 games.

I bought many retail games on 360 for only 2-3$ each.

As for PS4, i think discounts is better more often than on Xbox One.

16.3

Most of them got cheaper, which is expected actually since they are getting old lol

Show more replies

Correction:

“You can blame Sony sales, but they are a normally bit better than Microsoft and Nintendo sales.”

Happy 21st Telltale collection!!!!!

21 times now it’s been on sale!!!!

NorthernFusion 19 July, 2017 @ 16:06
18.1

Cool story, bro.

Is it just me or the Playstation Blog doesn’t update the psn avatar? I’ve changed mine a while back but it’s still stuck with the previous one.

NorthernFusion 19 July, 2017 @ 16:05
19.1

Who cares?

19.2

If you don’t then why do you even waste your time typping that? Unless you don’t have anything better to do with your life which probably is the case. :\

NorthernFusion 19 July, 2017 @ 16:10
19.3

Nah, I do. In fact, first time I’ve commented on here in a long time. Nevertheless, I’ll ask the same question, who cares?

Show more replies

Hopefully Psn anniversary sale will include Horizon, Nier and Little Nightmares

blacksheepwall_ 19 July, 2017 @ 17:09

All them games and just nothing of interest. Was really hoping for a Kingdom Hearts discount.

Any ideas where the ‘Add funds by mobile’ option has gon from the store?

Emperor_Mordred 19 July, 2017 @ 18:16

Finally a decent sales on a bunch of PS VR titles!

No Lords of the Fallen DLC discount? Is like 2 years that is out, and is still 9€

You put Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky and Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea on sale, but not the first part of the trilogy Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk? Come on, i’ve been waiting for a sale on this series for ages now. Please just put its ps3 and vita versions on sale, I want to buy the games, but not when the first part isn’t on sale while later games are!

CHAD-THUNDER-C 21 July, 2017 @ 21:26
25.1

The company that makes those games are the ones putting them on sale in case you didn’t realize, not Sony in case you didn’t realize.

Not to be a party pooper…but just another lame sale with same pricetags last time the same game was on sale.

It’s a digital game, you upload it to a server and we can download it.

No printing covers, making box, creating a disc, shipping or middlehands….start lowering prices and do sales on NEW games.

It’s like the fifth time bf4, AC:black flag and mirrors edge 2 are on sale…for the same pricetag….wth?

26.1

It really is a case of rinse, repeat, recycle.

Walshieblue 20 July, 2017 @ 13:24

Please can we have some sort of PS3 mega discounted DLC clearance sale, so we can complete the stuff we’ve got before us stragglers move onto ps4.

MiseryPrincess 21 July, 2017 @ 20:45

For future sales on the store can we get the normal sort options on the web store? It would be nice to be able to sort it into “fighting games” or “action” rather than go through pages and pages.

The Totally Digital sale page is like that, but not the summer sale one!

firstmanonmars 22 July, 2017 @ 11:57

The PS3 and PS4 versions of Attack on Titan Wings of Freedom are included in the sale, and even some of the DLC, but Vita version is still showing full price. Are you deliberately snubbing Vita owners or are you going to correct your mistake?

ethanhaleyx 23 July, 2017 @ 19:02

How long is the sale on for?

Stonesthrow 24 July, 2017 @ 08:38

Pretty good in terms of quantity and variety (full/indie/dlc). First good PS+ discount I’ve seen since it’s been mandatory for online , for the Witness, but not into puzzles. I don’t appreciate all the PS+ discounts on games that are constantly on sale anyways, like BF.

Indie selection pretty good, surprisingly. Picked up Abzu, Unravel and Among the sleep. Mother Russia bleeds and some others look worthy of playing as well, shame I never get anything like that on PS+

Stonesthrow 24 July, 2017 @ 09:04
31.1

Oh actually the ps+ discount for Witness isn’t that big a deal, it’s on regular sale as well. So scrap that compliment, although it does illustrate a better use of ps+ discounts (extra sale on a sale as opposed to just an insignificant ps+ discount by itself).

Will there be more games added? I would like to buy CoD Iw, Horizon Zero Dawn or Injustice 2.

SensoNoOkami 29 July, 2017 @ 12:32

Anyone with good insight who knows when therell be a Japan sale again? Just got a Vita :))

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history