Posted

The Sims 4 is coming to PlayStation 4 on 17th November

Different editions of EA's returning life simulation franchise detailed

Greetings Simmers! I’m thrilled to announce that The Sims 4 is finally coming to PlayStation 4 this 17th November!

The Sims 4 | Announcement Trailer | PS4

Up to speed on your Simlish?

Get practicing for when The Sims 4 comes to PS4 on 17th November: http://play.st/2w0KNDb

Posted by Sony PlayStation on Wednesday, 26 July 2017

Over the last couple of years, we have heard from many of you about how much you want the game to come to console, and I have been right there with you. I love our PC game, but what I’ve really wanted is to plop down on my sofa, and play with my Sims at a larger than life size. And in just a few months, you can do just that right alongside me on PlayStation 4.

Sims 4

For those of you unfamiliar with The Sims, it is a game that gives players the imaginative power to create and control virtual people and play with moments of their lives. You can create and customise who you want; find your first love; land your dream job; build the perfect home; start a family; and more. The Sims offers you a sandbox for you to tell, observe, or influence life’s little dramas, while offering one of the most sophisticated character creation tools in the market.

Sims 4

And soon, you’ll be able to jump into the game to create yourself, your friends, your family, or maybe something a little more out of this world on your PlayStation 4. The only limit to what you can create is in your imagination.

To be clear, this is not the first time we have brought The Sims to console – but it is the very first time throughout the history of the franchise that you can experience the gameplay and content that the PC game offers. The current generation of hardware has enabled us to translate code to PlayStation 4 without any major system changes, so that it is no longer about which platform has the superior version, but where you like to play.

Sims 4

Right now, the team is currently preparing for launch (looking for bugs, and making little improvements that will ensure this is the best Sims game EVER on console). It is certainly no small task to try and bring a PC game over, but we are doing a lot of iteration and testing to make sure we meet your high standards and deliver an experience we will all enjoy for years to come.

In the meantime, pre-order The Sims 4 Standard Edition on console and get The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff Pack*, offering hot tubs, more fashion, and bonus décor to customise your Sims experience with.

Sims 4

And for those looking for even more fun, pre-order The Sims 4 Deluxe Party Edition* to get the same great Stuff Pack, as well as:

• Unlocking early access to the full game, up to three days in advance of the worldwide launch on 17th November
  • Life of the Party digital content, featuring the Flaming Tiki Bar and sleek, stylised outfits for your Sims
  • Up All Night digital content, featuring the Laser Light Show, fun decorations, and outrageous party costumes
  • Awesome Animal Hats digital content, featuring a collection of fun animal hats for your Sims to wear and show off

We are so excited to share more with you over the coming months, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts when you get to experience the game on PlayStation 4 this autumn.

Happy Simming!

*Conditions and restrictions apply. See www.ea.com/the-sims/the-sims4/console/disclaimers for details.

24 Comments
0 Author replies

So how much of the base content is going to be cut out in favour of shafting it to us in paid expansions?

CoolRichy007UK 26 July, 2017 @ 20:35
1.1

Nothing will be cut look up ps lifestyle website and the sims4 post it is 100% Identical to the pc version with all free updates i been waiting 4 this for ages

1.2

I don’t need a kid telling me that EA is inevitably going to screw us over yet again.

CoolRichy007UK 26 July, 2017 @ 21:16
1.3

Well im gonna pre order deluxe edition because ea said they will deliver a awesome game with nothing cut out :D ea has never been wrong yet i trust them nuff said (drops da mic)

Show more replies

Wow! I’m so happy to see that our consoles are finally powerful enough to get an entire Sims game!

CoolRichy007UK 26 July, 2017 @ 20:35
2.1

Woooooooooo

Simulacrum_AT 28 July, 2017 @ 21:17
2.2

There are two Sims3 games on PS3 and they have been pretty good. Also had PS exlusive content. Questlines and the Karma system for example. Loved it. Way better than on PC. <3

CoolRichy007UK 26 July, 2017 @ 20:36

The sims4 ps4 version will be identical to the pc version with all free updates i read about it on ps lifestyle website

The PC version of The Sims 4 was a COMPLETE disaster….. NO THANKS!

CoolRichy007UK 26 July, 2017 @ 21:17
4.1

The ps4 version might be way better im giving it a chance

ste_the_legend 27 July, 2017 @ 12:55
4.2

@CoolRichy.. so you say that the PC version will be identical to the PS4 version but the PS4 version “might be way better”? How does that work?

Nice to see the sims is coming to consoles again. I take it from this article that it’s going to be as close to the pc version as possible, but I would like to know if you’re doing anything for people like me who enjoyed previous console sims games where we were able to take a more hands on approach in what our sims do, directly controlling them?

5.1

I’m so in if we can control our Sims using the joysticks like in The Sims 2, I put countless hours into that and loved it. I dropped Bustin’ Out, Urbz and TS3 pretty fast because I couldn’t get into the cursor style point and click gameplay on console and tbh I won’t buy TS4 if we can’t directly control them.

AbandonedTrolley 27 July, 2017 @ 11:47
5.2

No there is no direct control over the Sims, dev replied to same question over on the US blog, I’m interested to see if they include KB+M support though.

5.3

Ah ok, that’s a shame, I won’t bother purchasing it then. Thanks for letting me know.

“For those of you unfamiliar with The Sims” haha are you guys taking the mick?

I agree with the person above. I used to love the Sims games back in the PS2/PSP days that allowed you to walk around with the left stick. To me it felt like you were actually controlling them as opposed to giving them instructions from the sky.

Either way provided the game is good I will give it a purchase

Simulacrum_AT 28 July, 2017 @ 21:19
7.1

That GBA and GC games were also pretty awesome.

ste_the_legend 27 July, 2017 @ 12:56

I spy microtransactions galore :/

I never thought this would happen, I’m so excited!

EASY TROPHIES!

I like how there are NO WHITE MALES in any of the promotion pictures…

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history