Posted

Your PlayStation Plus games for August are Just Cause 3 and Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry

Super Motherload, Snake Ball, Downwell and Level 22 also join the line-up

Greetings one and all and welcome to the red-hot reveal for the PlayStation Plus July line-up. We hope you’ve all had fun dodging saw blades, meat-hooks and the occasional backstabbing in this month’s macabre selection of titles? We’re happy to confirm we’ve got all manner of mayhem coming your way on 1st August. Without further ado, let’s take a peek.

Just Cause 3

If last month’s slightly more slow-burning mood left you hankering for something a bit more bonkers then look no further. An over-the-top cavalcade of pure, destructive chaos, Just Cause 3 delivers an open-world third-person romp with all the catharsis and tongue-in-cheek dialogue of a classic ’80s action movie.

As Rico Rodriguez, it’ll be up to you to sire political change in your troubled homeland of Medici through a thoughtful application of rocket launchers, wingsuits, grappling hooks and high explosives. Revolution is never easy, but as the old saying goes: if at first you don’t succeed, tie two helicopter gunships together with a grappling hook, cover them in C4 and smash them into an oil refinery… (you can actually do this).

Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry

If, on the other hand, you’re hankering after something a bit more stealthy – and have a soft spot for the high seas – then the mast-straddling, throat-slitting adventures of Assassin’s Creed: Freedom Cry could be just the very thing.

Set several decades after the piratical exploits of young Edward Kenway, this standalone expansion to Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag places you into the boots of shipwrecked sailor and Brotherhood assassin Adéwalé as he goes head to head with a cadre of French slavers. Expect death-defying acrobatics, copious bloodletting and a few pesky Templars trying to do something dastardly.

As per usual, our PS4 games are joined by four other titles on PS Plus this August. Your full line up looks like this:

These titles will be available to download from 1st August, meaning you’ve another few days to download July’s titles:

194 Comments
2 Author replies

Not too shabby. But a add on for Assassins creed!!! Really???

darkswabber 26 July, 2017 @ 16:34
1.1

Stand alone expansion*

those are like a minor stand alone game that add something extra when you own the original game.

1.2

It is not the first time they give a stand alone DLC and at least it is a good one.

supersmith2500 26 July, 2017 @ 16:37
1.3

It’s also a standalone game meaning you don’t need the original game to play it. Some games do that.

Show more replies

ohh wow great.

tombraiders 26 July, 2017 @ 16:36

Pretty good month. Just Cause 3 is a great pick, however why not just offer the actual full game of Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag. I mean come on, it was a PS4 launch game. You could offer the DLC as a discount. Also isn’t Downwell Cross-buy with PS4?

Matthew Groizard 26 July, 2017 @ 17:14
3.1

Yes, I can confirm that Downwell will be Cross-buy on PS4.

3.2

The majority of people would have bought black flag by now as it was a great game! The standalone dlc is great, I’d rather that as you can’t find a physical copy of it

Decent. Might actually download these ones for a change

Just Cause 3 is a great game, same can’t be said for the rest of the selection though. Shame I’ve already got Just Cause 3.

Just Cause 3? Really? That broken game that recieved an update that made the game run worse?

Dear lord, i really hope that Downwell is crossbuy…

6.1

Works fine on the pro

6.2

Runs “better” on the pro and not everyone (aka the majority) has a ps pro.

Sad times where the “fixing” a fame is to purchase a better version of the same console…

6.3

*game

Show more replies
supersmith2500 26 July, 2017 @ 16:38

Just Cause 3? This game is really WORTH checking out if you love open-world games and destruction. Highly recommend it. Too bad I already bought it last year on my birthday.

andrewsqual 26 July, 2017 @ 17:07
7.1

You sound like all the Youtubers that harped on about it before launch even it though it turned out a giant unoptimised mess then. So IS the game fixed now is all I want to know? :)

7.2

Nope still not fixed :/

7.3

Runs fine on the pro

Show more replies
joshuahardz001 26 July, 2017 @ 16:44

We already had “That’s you” has a bonus title for July

Eric Whelan 26 July, 2017 @ 17:12
8.1

That’s You! is remaining available to Plus members for the next while.

bigsolofish 26 July, 2017 @ 16:44

Looks good to me. Only thing I could complain about if I were being pessimistic would be the two main games are both 18’s so nothing for the kids in the house, but I am not! I am really looking forward to JC3

bloodthirst_80 26 July, 2017 @ 16:45

at last a good little selection looking forward to it

Just Cause 3 is awesome but you need the season pass as half the best content is in it.

Infinite jet pack, mech suits, airships and tons more of the coolest stuff is behind the pass.

Stonesthrow 26 July, 2017 @ 18:17
11.1

Goty would’ve been nice if available. Too bad they never include dlc..

I think the dlc is on sale at the moment.

Just Cause 3 is perfect for Plus and I already have Freedom Cry, the rest is just so bad…

Played loads of jc3.

No idea if the actual gamelan is any good because I just play around with the wingsuit.

That’s awesome no need to use any other vehicle

13.1

The vehicles became even less useful if you did the first bit of DLC to get the Jetpack. Just letting you fly round the map at high-speed.

Então porque no Brasil está aquela merda daquele jogo de nave ? Cadê o Just 3 para nos ? Pagamos tão caro quantos os outros países. Tem que ser o mesmo para todos!!!!

14.1

Umm… I agree??

I moaned last month because of the never-ending interactive story kinds of games we were getting so I’m more than happy to come on now and say these picks are interesting. I have Black Flag so happy to get Freedom Cry, although if you DON’T have Black Flag I can understand you might feel a bit short changed perhaps? Just Cause 3 has been given free in Asia recently so I think we deserved that. In which case, I think we may get Killzone and Gravity Rush in the next few months as well.

All in all, a good month for me. No idea about the other games to be fair though. Are any of them cross buy do we know?

Oh, and I played some of those interactive games I moaned about and I actually quite like Life is Strange and Until Dawn (although I hate horror so haven’t played more than the beginning through fear). Still don’t ‘get’ Telltale games though. Nothing will change my mind on that I’m afraid.

15.1

Never was arsed with those telltales either but I gave GoT telltales a shot and man I loved it. Considering it was free and apparently worst of the series. I felt attached to the characters and loved the scenes where you can be a lord.

If you haven’t tried it then give it a whirl I’m glad I did now I understand why people like it.

15.2

Freedom Cry is the standalone DLC rather than an add on for Black Flag owners so no short changing for anyone.

Seriously how can a game like Just Cause 3 be allowed on plus? The game is a complete mess!!! It runs terrible and I find it to be unplayable! I couldn’t last 2 hours before I deleted it. A patch came out that made it even worse!! Anyone who says it isn’t bad is just delusional… A game like this should not be allowed on plus IMO until the devs fix the mess they made… Easily the worst month ever on plus IMO.

Stonesthrow 26 July, 2017 @ 18:21
16.1

I’m gonna give it a try and add my opinion on that as well as I generally have really high standards when it comes to the technical aspect of a AAA. From what I hear it’ll be unplayable for me but maybe people are overreacting..

ziggy-mandias 26 July, 2017 @ 19:29
16.2

I bought Just Cause 3 on sale a month or two ago and I haven’t had any issues with the game. People have said about frame rate drop… I’ve not seen any. This could be because its Digital and not Disc based.

Blubberislife710 26 July, 2017 @ 19:50
16.3

That might explain some of it.

Show more replies
X_Blood_Curse_X 26 July, 2017 @ 16:58

Level 22 looks terrible, but I’m going to guess it’s more cross-buy PS4 padding rather than something for Vita owners?

17.1

Level 22 is available on the PS4, PS3, and PSV, but it’s not crossbuy. Just Downwell (PS4/PSV) and Super Motherload (PS4/PS3) are crossbuy titles this month.

After Until Dawn, terrible games. One additional package, the other one is not working stable and totally crappy game. I’m waiting september.

Carnivius_Prime 26 July, 2017 @ 17:07

eh is ok I guess. Not really fussed about the big two. My fave game out of the lot here is Downwell but I already own it. It’s a lot of addictive arcadey fun though.

19.1

I never got how a game is supposed to be addictive. Not even Tetris back in the day was addictive to me. Where regular people get addicted, I just get bored.

Carnivius_Prime 26 July, 2017 @ 17:42
19.2

It’s called gameplay. Something that’s often shoved aside for loooong talky cutscenes in most AAA games. But hey if even Tetris couldn’t work it’s magic on you then yeah that’s unusual.

19.3

@Cronos: Then it’s time you gave up gaming. If it doesn’t excite, pique your curiosity or addict you then gaming just isn’t for you.

Show more replies
damienmcnugget 26 July, 2017 @ 17:10

Now that’s how you do it – between this and Until Dawn last month you’re on the way to redemption, Sony. Congratuwelldone! :D

20.1

Do people REALLY have such a short memory?

Stonesthrow 26 July, 2017 @ 18:13
20.2

The only way they might be redeemed in my book is to separate online costs from PS+ or drop them altogether. And even that wouldn’t make up for the years I was forced to sub just to play online,regardless of whether you actually ever get anything out of PS+ by itself.

Keep your standards up, people. It will empower us all.

20.3

@Cronoss69

“between this and Until Dawn last month you’re on the way to redemption”

-It’s called reading. The user specifically mentioned between this month and last month with Until Dawn, that they’re on the ‘way to redemption’. Aka…They’re headed towards that, as they’ve been solid for 2 months in a row. It doesn’t mean they’ll stay solid, but that they’re on the right path.

Is this so difficult to comprehend or do you just like to hate?

Show more replies
andrewsqual 26 July, 2017 @ 17:13

I don’t care for a game like Just Cause 3 because it didn’t share the same success as its previous game that I enjoyed i.e. a game that ran incredibly well on its last gen consoles it was brought to, as well as PC. THIS game is supposed to be all over the place with its optimisation though and I always avoided it even when it was in bargain bins.

But I still have to laugh at all the other people complaining, the same people that probably always complain when they say “why isn’t there AAA retail releases on Plus”, well now you got it. Like when Xbone got the hot dumpster fire called Thief (that runs even worse on that console), you all went crazy that you wanted something like that too (I still have NO idea why). Well now you got it lol. What’s the problem?

21.1

What’s your point?

There’s good AAA and bad AAA the same way there’s good indie titles and bad indie titles.

Next month is Just Cause 3 that runs like crap, few months ago it was Broforce (and others).

ziggy-mandias 26 July, 2017 @ 19:32
21.2

@CyraxPT their point was very clear. People moan about wanting AAA games on plus and when they get them, then they moan about how crap the AAA game is.

21.3

Except the game doesnt run like crap Cyrax. But you keep telling yourself that…

DoYouLikeMyID 26 July, 2017 @ 17:23

Good stuff!

I’ve been wanting to try Just Cause 3 and Freedom Cry for a while. And I remember playing the flash-version of Motherload a loooooong time ago, as well as the trial for Snakeball near when the PS3 first came out. So there’s a good deal of nostalgia right there! And I’ve heard good things about Downwell too. I don’t really care much for Level 22, by the looks of it, but hey 5/6 is pretty good!

Was looking forward to JC3, but the technical problems some of you are highlighting have tempered my expectations.

Stonesthrow 26 July, 2017 @ 18:05
23.1

Same here..

23.2

Just try it. It’s *free

ziggy-mandias 26 July, 2017 @ 19:33
23.3

I ain’t had an issue with the Digital version I bought a month or 2 ago in sale.

Show more replies
MGPKiller_02 26 July, 2017 @ 17:32

Do this games will be to every psn accounts or just in USA. positive case, what about brasilian psn

I’d really like to know if JC3 actually runs acceptable on PS4, or if it’s still a glorified slideshow?

And who the heck chooses the Vita titles? I can’t even remember the last time something decent was offered. Was it Golden Abyss or Gravity Rush? Long ago, anyway.

25.1

Performance is a mess on Just Cause 3 on PS4 and they still haven’t fixed it

25.2

I havent had any problems when i played

ziggy-mandias 26 July, 2017 @ 19:34
25.3

I’m with punkkid120 … I haven’t had any issues with Just Cause 3 either. People probably haven’t played it in that long or at all and just jumping on the “band wagon”

Show more replies

“For Free-to-Play, Dreadnaught, launching in open beta on August 1st, will be offering a $20 PlayStation Plus pack starting August 15th. All PlayStation Plus members will also get the Ravenswood Plus Pack free.”

From the US Playstation blog, does europe also gets this or…

Come on admin you’re clearly looking at the comments… Please explain how Just Cause 3 can be allowed on plus when it runs so badly? How can a game like that possible be allowed? I dare you to explain.

Stonesthrow 26 July, 2017 @ 18:02
27.1

Is it really that bad? First time I might consider downloading but if it’s that bad I don’t want to waste my time nor bandwidth..

27.2

I didnt have any problems when i played

ZombieMeat666 26 July, 2017 @ 18:25
27.3

punkkid120 yes you did, we all have the same console so there’s no way you experienced no issues

Show more replies

Just Cause 3 on consoles drops a LOT of frames goes down to 20’s etc very unstable that you have to use PS4 Pro boost mode to make it barely playable, can’t believe they released the game in this state

Assassin Creed Freedom Cry is terrible….

Weak month…

Also you forgot to note Downwell is also cross-buy with PS4

28.1

Never had massive frame drops on my old standard console, actually been surprised to see all these comments.

WOOOOOOW

BeastingBenny 27 July, 2017 @ 08:09
29.1

i like your avatar

I honestly don’t know why you consistently shovel out this rubbish for ps3 and vita. It’s embarrassing.

Carnivius_Prime 26 July, 2017 @ 17:44
30.1

I far prefer the PS3 and Vita games over the PS4 ones this month. Downwell and Super Motherload are fun. :)

Nice, last 3 months were great. Keep up Sony.

terrible month.

According to Digital Foundry latest patch of Just Cause 3 made performance even worse! Look it up on YouTube goes around 15fps in alot of cases disgusting

reggyx3clover 26 July, 2017 @ 17:50

How about giving Vita a game that isn’t indie for awhile…

34.1

I’d really like to see Trails of Cold Steel 2 on plus. It would get interested players to get the first part, too, and I’d get more Trails-goodness. Buuut, won’t happen. At least not until I already bought it.

gnozerwalking 26 July, 2017 @ 17:51

i don’t like this month, bad games.

Stonesthrow 26 July, 2017 @ 18:00

First time I’m genuinely not completely disappointed (besides Puppeteer, which was last-gen)! Just cause 3 is a perfect PS+ fit for me : technically too underwhelming for me to ever buy, but definitely worth a try in general. Already own FC and the rest is shovelware as always.

As always, as far as I’m concerned, to get some of my respect back and make it feel mutual you’d have to drop or separate online costs from PS+ as is the fair thing to do towards all your customers, not just the PS+ loving segment.

Secondly, the last-gen support (shovelware) should’ve been dropped ages ago (or at least separated for a stricktly old-gen public, offering PS3 content to actual PS3 players and stricktly PS4 content for PS4). Right now we merely have 2 relevant choices every month, if that got upped to 6 I’m sure it’d combat some of the utter disappointment this money scheming service has wrought on us.

A loving, but concerned fan.

36.1

Well, strictly speaking, there are folks who own and still use all three consoles.

Cool, Just Cause 3! Pretty sure both Super Motherload and Downwell are crossbuy titles, too. Downwell has got great reviews, looking forward to it!

Another very good PS+ month. Not played any of those games. Loved Assassin’s Creed 4 due to the ship battles. I hope it’s more of the same for the standalone expansion. As for Just Cause 2 never been a big fan of the series. I did enjoy messing around on the Just Cause 2 map so ill be giving this ago.

ZombieMeat666 26 July, 2017 @ 18:28

What annoys me is that because the trash that is JC3 is on we get absolutely terrible PS3 and Vita games. I mean a PS3 game from 2007!!! Seriously? It doesn’t even have any trophies! And anyone who says they didn’t experience issues on JC3 are just lying.

39.1

Sounds more like you are lying to yourself. Just because you claim to have had a bad experience with the game doesn’t mean other people haven’t been able to play the game without any issues.

Sounds more like an issue with your console

Eww, lame o MS paint games for older consoles. Of all the great games on vita and PS3 you pick games that belong in the 80s/early 90s?

For (That’s You)

we in the Saudi Account didn’t get it in the last month even though it was announced for the eu accounts, so can you please confirm/disconfirm whether it is coming or not to the Saudi Accounts ?

Sony can’t win it seems. I was one to yap about he 16 bit looking games but they’re now giving us PS4 games proper and people are still complaining? I don’t know. If they gave us Uncharted: The Lost Legacy and Crash Bandicoot Trilogy some people would still complain.

Thanks Sony for finally moving PS4 towards the type of titles we got on PS3. I have already owned JC3 and Until Dawn but it’s good to see PS+ is finally moving in the right direction on PS4.

Anyone on PS3 needs to upgrade already. The PS4 is approaching it’s 4th anniversary. If you can’t afford a PS4 then save the money you spend on PS+ and buy PS3 games with it instead, they’re cheap enough now. Vita? We all know Sony gave up on that a long time ago so I did too. Unfortunate, but Sony like doing that and VR looks like it will be getting the same treatment before long.

The_David_Diablo 27 July, 2017 @ 11:10
42.1

It’s stupid. Now people really are being entitled, whiny babies. I haven’t complained about a lineup in months because they are finally providing good quality games. I think some people are just salty that they are moving away from giving indie games every month, while others feel entitled to only games that score higher than 85 on metacritic and have come out in the last six months. Just look at the votes on the bottom of the article, the majority is happy. It’s just a vocal minority complaining in the comments…

And still they moan.

When there was no Triple A, that was a problem.

Now we’re getting Triple A, it’s the wrong type of Triple A, or Triple A with a bad rep, or Triple A that they already bought or, you know, Triple A that they just don’t like and feel personally slighted by its very existence because EVERYTHING IS ABOUT ME ME ME WAAAAA WAAAA WAAAAAA ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME I’M IMPORTANT WAA WAAA WAAAA ME MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME.

I can’t stand co-op games. Last month they gave us Killing Floor 2. GOOD

I can’t stand sims. In May they gave us Port Royale 3. GOOD.

I can’t stand mud. In June they gave us WRC. GOOD.

And why does it not bother me that these games are made available, even though they are not precisely to my taste?

Simple, really. Because I’m aware that I’m not the only person in the [DELETED] world.

[DELETED].

Show full comment

And still they moan.

When there was no Triple A, that was a problem.

I can’t stand co-op games. Last month they gave us Killing Floor 2. GOOD

I can’t stand sims. In May they gave us Port Royale 3. GOOD.

I can’t stand mud. In June they gave us WRC. GOOD.

[DELETED].

Honestly, these entitled little brats simply do not know how good they’ve got it: more games than it is feasible to play, even if all you have is a modest game purchasing budget. Be thankful you were born when you were, tweenies, and not in a time when you’d have to work 20 hours in a fast food joint just to be able to afford one Nintendo cart’ that you’d be stuck with for three months, whether you liked it or not.

You ungrateful little [DELETED].

Hare Krishna.  :-)

xxx

Blenderernz 27 July, 2017 @ 00:03
43.1

This is so accurate

The_David_Diablo 27 July, 2017 @ 11:19
43.2

To be fair, I think it’s just a vocal minority that is now complaining. Most people are happy with this lineup and the general increase of AAA games. Personally, don’t care if it’s indie or AAA, I’m just happy about the general improvement in quality of the games released. You have to admit, we have had some really crappy months in the past worth complaining about.

AlucardTepes_DE 29 July, 2017 @ 02:28
43.3

The thing is now we will be paying 60€ instead the initial 50€ for the PLUS Membership.

But hey, everyone got what they wanted, AAA all the way, now you pay harder you pumpkins!

Blubberislife710 26 July, 2017 @ 19:52

Although JC3 is pretty buggy, I appreciate the wider variety of genres.

People love to complain about getting free stuff. Never had an issue with JC3, but even if I had, I wouldn’t care because I’m not paying for it.

45.1

Whats worse is how many people are in utter denial that people have been able to play the game without any problems. They say people are lying, but it sounds more like they are lying to themselves.

HOLY F…. I’m blown away!! Think I already own Freedom Cry. Just Cause 3 is a game i will be trying out! Thanks Eric

Damn no matter what we get people always find a reason to complain

Lol! I know JC3 has some issues, but its worrying how many people are claiming it was unplayable for everyone.

Pretty sad they cant understand that people will have different experiences, so much they they will lie to themselves about how people couldn’t have a good experience with the game.

I don’t have the slightest clue what some of these people are complaining about. I haven’t picked up JC3 in a while because I got distracted by newer releases, but I put quite a few hours into it and experienced nothing but a great time.

Sacred_DarkSoul 26 July, 2017 @ 22:29

At first glance it looks good, but then you check and both titles have had an average reception.

Anytime a AAA title receives a metacritic of around 70% its usually pretty mediocre from my experience.

Great month. Downwell is such a great game! I hope everyone enjoys it. It’s cross-buy but best on Vita anyway.

I’ll have to give those PS4 games a try as they look pretty good.

I was THIS close to buying JC3, this week in fact, because I loved JC2, I’m so glad I held off.

Assassin’s Creed is my favorite franchise. So I’m really excited about Freedom Cry.

I think this is a great lineup. Well done, Sony!

Bennyfjalar 27 July, 2017 @ 05:19

I do think its awsome game. But my kids at home get sad every month. 18+ game all the time :/ I dont let my kids play 18 game. the last 12 months feel like only 18 game release for ps4 :(

53.1

They have released plenty of kid friendly games on plus, little big planet 3 and tearaway spring to mind.

If you want more go and buy some or take advantage of many of the decent sales on psn

Bennyfjalar 27 July, 2017 @ 15:26
53.2

thats about it 2 games for ps4 i counting now. i buy about 1 game/month i got alot of kids game. My point is that they only releaseing 80-90 % 18 games on psplus yea yea i know its free bla bla bla.

dragonstar9951 27 July, 2017 @ 06:33

All this complaining… the only thing I have to say is FREE if you dont want it dont get it. I myself would download both JC3 and Freedom cry for just that very reason FREE.

Looking forward to next months games. Been wanting to play Just cause 3 for a while now :-)

Good month, don’t understand complainers. Quite fine row of playable stuff recently. Still playing killing floor 2, hell i’ve even platted it !

I already bought Assasns Creed Black Flag , Is this good ?

I’m new with this serious

Got just cause 3 way back as I liked the previous game on PS3.

Never played more than 2 hours as the framerate was very bad in places. Not only that but it was causing my PS4’s fans to become very loud causing concern.

Freedom cry, the same i never played much of it. But will most likely play it again since I won’t have to reinstall black flag for this version :D.

And the Vita selection for a change is terrible

Really happy with those titles, it’s rare to get a ‘big’ title like Just Cause 3 so I’m really happy with that.

One question, where is the deal of the week?

ste_the_legend 27 July, 2017 @ 13:00

At least we are getting “big name” titles even if they aren’t necessarily the best games…

prattville2011 27 July, 2017 @ 14:31

When will PlayStation 4 come out with Detroit?

Sammy______Snake 27 July, 2017 @ 15:15

Fair play on the quality of PS4 titles recently, but stop giving us trash on the PS3.

So, in related news, has anyone else just had an email advising that the cost of PS Plus is increasing by 25%…!

63.1

Yeah, I’m out now. Unless they start putting really good titles on Plus. I’ll just join for a month here and there when it makes sense to do so to get a better discount off a sale item.

63.2

I might grab a year before the cut-off to stack it and work through my backlog, but I suspect that unless they improve the offering significantly, I’ll shift to the same idea. I’m disappointed (but not surprised) that they’ve started sending these emails out, but there’s nothing about it on the Blog.

63.3

I had bought a year’s worth during the last discount. But I’m also thinking of adding one more year before the price hike kicks in.

Heads up everyone. Just had an email that plus subscription cost is going up at end of August to £50 a year.

Just had same email, fifty quid a year, no thanks, unless you include ps now

65.1

And even then PS Now isn’t perfectly or available in all regions. Just use a PS3 to play those games

£50 really very crafty after just discounting it

66.1

Did you go for the discount?

Sony… surely you want MORE people to sign up for PS PLUS? WHy raise the bloody price to £50?!

Bumping up PS+ prices again for a online service that is barely passable? Pathetic.

You better have a damn good reason for increasing it. I’ll give you this, you sure know how to drive loyal customers away.

Not only is this a really crap month for me I have everything, I mean everything on offer from PS+ , and now to add more fuel to the fire I get an email today telling me PS+ is going up in price another £10 a year increase, I’ve already cancelled the renewal option when this abysmal term runs out and they want more £ forget it sony, I doubt I’ll be the only one too , especially when they here about the price hike, it’s not worth the money now, never mind a tenner increase, love my PS4 pro and my PSVR, but you can stick your plus up my minus ? :(

Looks decent, but the price increase for PS Plus made me seriously consider not extending my subscription.

Need to add my voice to this. £40 was just too much to be paying to play online, but a 25% price increase with no justification?! How is that any way of retaining customers or bringing in new customers?!

Gamers are probably the most fickle group you will ever find, and a big price increase like this will make a LOT of people cancel their sub and maybe even move to another platform…

And still nothing official from the blog team. It’s easy to hide behind an email to all!!!

ste_the_legend 28 July, 2017 @ 14:01
72.1

There will be zero mention of it on the blog. They just know the comments would not be pretty!

WhiteWolf1166 28 July, 2017 @ 12:58

Ps plus £40 a year and indie games each month with the odd AAA and ppl moaned something serious lol now £50 and no idea whats included in that price i cant wait to read the comments later when everyone has got their email about this lol

Thinking maybe a psvr game for the extra £10

PS+ price increase

Do they even intend to add anything to it?

As some people have suggested previously PS+ should have different subscription tiers 1) those who want online play 2) Those who do not want online play. And yes, I understand lots of us feel that online play should be free.

People either will cancel their subscriptions or will stack them. Either way, fewer will be subscribed to PS+ in future.

Personally, I won’t be paying anything for PS+ after 00:01 BST on 31 August 2017.

ste_the_legend 28 July, 2017 @ 14:01

Why is that when a company says the price is “changing” it always means that the price is going up?

blacksheepwall_ 28 July, 2017 @ 14:12

Hope you enjoy this months games and 25% price hike in ps plus. Love Sony x

MonkeyBrainsToo 28 July, 2017 @ 15:13

The price rise is the final nail in the coffin for PS+ as far as I am concerned. I am out. Luckily I have an XBOX one as well. Will play online on there instead. PS4 started as my main console, with an XBOX one for exclusives. Will be the other way round from now on.

Nothing will happen if we all continue to support sony buy accepting the ps+ price rising (20% up). Or even things can get worse, another price hike maybe. Less quality for more money. Saddly I renewed my ps+ a month ago, so I cant support my words with acts. Disappointed.

Thankfully my sub is over at the end of August. Perfect timing!

I don’t intend to renew this joke of a service, I don’t intend to switch to the Pro (I went back to PC instead) and I don’t intend to support Sony in the future. 27 years was enough.

Goodbye PS4!

CluckNuggets 28 July, 2017 @ 20:23
79.1

Congratulations, you’ll end up with the poorer games like this for a lot less money, and months earlier too. Don’t forget that you can use the PS4 PC Remote Play application (with a decent home network, so you can play the remaining exclusives on your PC… which are all hack and slash games.

Well, no matter how much i wan’t to continue playing Siege and Titanfall 2 on PS4, after february 2018, when my sub expires, i’m done with this ps+ shenanigan….or as someone mention it, let us choose what are we going to pay, just online, just games or the whole package.

And nothing on official blog about this price change….shame on you Sony!

Megatrons_Fury 29 July, 2017 @ 00:14

With the price going up by another £10 I think this is the perfect time to say goodbye to PS PLUS. These past two months aside and an occasional one every so often it’s consistently disappointing for me. Far too many indie games that far too often turn out to be over way too quickly or fail to keep me interested. I genuinely dislike playing the PS4 online as it’s often a hollow experience with all but the top 5 or so games having a tiny community of players, most of whom just don’t have microphones.

Show full comment

The sales on Playstation 4 are often very good so anything I want will eventually hit a fair price. Most of the kinds of games that are AAA are often so damn cheap in stores that sell pre-owned games that they offer very little value on this service where all it is is a glorified long term rental situation. I’d rather pay a couple extra quid and have it forever. What sony offer as subscription services are, for me, just over priced. PS NOW is laughable at best and a bad joke at worst. I’m sure there’s a lot of people who feel the same as me when I say that sometimes it feels like that because Sony are so far out in the lead hardware sales wise they just sometimes seem to phone it all in on their subscription offerings. With an XboxOne next to my PS4 that doesn’t require me to pay a stupid streaming fee to play my previous gen games I’ve always got something new or something slightly older to re-discover every month from Microsoft.

I can’t help but feel that there’s a better model for them to deliver PS NOW and PS PLUS as maybe a 2-3 level of cost tier service. Considering how they spent years telling us all to never underestimate the power of Playstation, Sony seem to be completely underestimating the growing and established number of gamers who genuinely do want to play that game collection they spent many many years building up on the previous system. I would probably pay the £50 a year if I could access say 2 games (of my choice) from the PS NOW library instead of yet another damn twin stick / puzzle type indie game for the Vita.

Or maybe I am the only person who thinks this way, regardless, I’m not impressed by today’s news about the price hike and a stand alone add-on and a game that only runs properly on a pro version of a console. Good luck to you if you are happy though.

AlucardTepes_DE 29 July, 2017 @ 02:25

Ok we get better tittles form now on, but we are also charged 10€ more in comparison.

Honestly, I don’t really care much about AAA titles, since most of them are just mindless Interactive movies with no gameplay. But I hope we do get some good Japanese titles now and then.

AngryGamer94 29 July, 2017 @ 08:34

another terrible month now with a 10euro bump in price

20% more for less

I am done with ps+.

I’m really pleased about Just Cause 3, it’s one of those things I’ve always wanted to play but never cared enough to buy. I only hope that the quality of PS+ games is going to remain at this standard now that the PS+ prices are going up. More money = better games, right?

Worst.month.ever

Will try AC, as Black Flag was my only good time with the series. And lost my disc copy of JC3 a long time ago so looking forward to getting reacquainted with the game.

They are all really good games can’t wait to play them but what time do they come out it’s august 1st 10:01 am and it’s still not in the store

Every time I and my friend try to redeem Just cause 3 it gives us an error (WC-40363-6). We haven’t owned this game before. Is anyone else having this problem?

Mikey_TheDream 01 August, 2017 @ 18:09

SONY finally delivering more than just indie games and all it took was a 25% price increase! Thanks. Maybe next year it will be a 50% increase and we’ll actually get some decent games on top of that!

tsolakidraf190 01 August, 2017 @ 19:53

Dear Playstation…

I really adire you and all of your games that are being posted in ps plus but i would like to make a request.

Could you please make F1 2016 the monthly game for September or October please?

I would really like it.

Arch-Machiavell 02 August, 2017 @ 12:23

I’m happy with PS4 titles but Sony… PSVita is not doing too great for quite a while and yet you still refuse to give it meaningful games. If not some visual novels then you crap out indies and indies and indies that literally nobody even wants anymore, if you plan to delete Vita and PS3 from lineup as rumors say, then atleast give those platforms games worth playing.

Razor_Boltz619 03 August, 2017 @ 18:32

Hdhdbd

I’m really enjoying Just Cause 3. It’s a good time. I’m having no performance issues that I’m aware of (and if I’m not aware of them I really don’t care), but the ‘logging in’/Squenix server issue is INSANELY irritating and I’m amazed it hasn’t been mentioned here. Is there a fix I’m not aware off? It’s a savage blot on the record of an otherwise quality experience.

Hoping that the last two months and the price increase announcement do mean that Sony start pushing more top-tier games our way each month from now on. Loads of stuff from launch and the first 12 months to pick from, surely?

The-Reaper2008 06 August, 2017 @ 11:40

I’m having problems downloading Just Cause 3, been trying to download it but even though my internet speed is up to par, it seems to notify me that “can’t download at this time”, when I resume it lasts for another hour before it stops, just can’t seem to get past 33gb/40gb. I have tried stopping and deleting the app to re-download it but still has same problems.

Some decent games. JC3 wasn’t as good as JC2 but nice to have for free. The AC ‘Adewale’ add on was something I missed out on before. Let’s hope the the £10 increase a year for PS+ gives other good downloads.

very good

Black_Alpha27 15 August, 2017 @ 13:20

Not bad

Reading all these comments of how broken Just Cause 3 is has prompted me to add my support for the game.

Purchased it on release and have encountered no performance issues at all with the game running on an original PS4.

Absolute blast to play as well.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history