We’ve spent that year working hard on updates. Update 1.3, releasing today, is our biggest to date and will be available for free to all No Man’s Sky players.
Watch the trailer and read on to learn a bit more about what you can expect to discover in the latest update, a lot has changed in a year!
Featuring a new central storyline players can discover more about the universe and themselves, as well as a wide array of new and improved features. Whether you’re a veteran interloper or completely new to the No Man’s Sky universe, there has never been a better time to start your journey.
Here’s a quick run down of the main features:
- 30 hours of branching story and deeper lore
- Procedurally generated guild missions
- Much deeper interstellar trading
- Star Systems have varying wealth, conflict and economies
- Overhauled Space combat controls, weapons and AI
- Portals stargates enable quick travel
- Terrain manipulation for more complex bases
- New farming and mining interactions bring increased depth
- Increased biome variety and Rare exotic biomes
- Analysis visor & discovery improvements
- Galaxy map and many other UI improvements
- New S Class ship designs
- Low altitude flight and the ability to crash your ship
- Crashed Freighters to salvage on planets
- Joint exploration
Our story gives a new context, quest system and branching narrative to No Man’s Sky. In the Atlas Rises story, the fabric of existence is starting to falter. A mysterious new interdimensional race have appeared, and ancient portals have begun to open.
Glitches in the simulation, visualised by strange floating orbs, allow players to see and communicate with up to 16 other travellers and explore the universe together. While interaction with others is currently very limited, this is an important first step into the world of synchronous co-op in No Man’s Sky.
We hope you enjoy this and what follows – look forward to seeing you out there!
This week marks the one year anniversary of No Man’s Sky and on behalf of myself, and the team at Hello Games I just want to say – Thank you for this year. Thank you for playing, providing feedback, discovering, sharing and so much more…
Our journey continues.