Posted

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy update coming to Uncharted 4 multiplayer

New skins for Chloe and Nadine, Asav as a playable character, Survival Arena, and more

Just in time for the launch of Uncharted: The Lost Legacy next week, we’re excited to announce a new update for Uncharted 4 multiplayer that adds new Uncharted: The Lost Legacy character skins, an all-new playable character, and a new cooperative challenge mode: Survival Arena.

Arriving in time for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy on 23rd August, the update will introduce new skins for Chloe and Nadine featuring character models and outfits pulled directly from Uncharted: The Lost Legacy. We’ll also be adding Asav, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy’s antagonist as a playable villain character for Multiplayer and Survival, complete with his own uniquely menacing VO.

TITLE

It will also include Survival Arena – a new take on our cooperative Survival mode that adds over 100 new waves with new enemy types, new Siege zones, and all-new wave modifiers. Survival Arena offers thousands of potential encounter combinations for you and up to two additional players to take on. For your efforts, you can also earn our new Savage Starlight Skeleton skins, unlockable exclusively through Survival Arena.

TITLETITLE

Best of all, the update will be available for both Uncharted 4 owners and for those picking up Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, which comes with all Uncharted 4 multiplayer content. The community is also unified, so regardless of which game you own, you can team up and play with your friends.

TITLETITLE

Last but certainly not least, this week Uncharted: The Lost Legacy Stickers for Apple devices arrive on the App Store. Get the message across in your conversations with a little help from illustrated versions of Chloe, Nadine, and Asav—from OMW to YAS QUEEN and plenty in between.

In the meantime, follow Naughty Dog on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram to get the latest on Uncharted: The Lost Legacy.

32 Comments
4 Author replies

Will the pre-load of Uncharted The Lost Legacy work for those who’ve bought Uncharted 4 Digital Deluxe? Or is it just for “real” pre-orders?

I asked this to Playstation, to Naughty Dog, to Fred Dutton and to Playstation Ask. No one would give me an answer.

It’s really annoying

1.1

I’ve done some digging on this for you and got an answer. In short, yes, you’ll be able to preload The Lost Legacy as you would with any other game. We’ll be detailing how to get it going in the coming days and I’ll post another response here as soon as that post is live.

1.2

Our FAQ can now be see here: http://play.st/TLLfaq

The “Free” option, listed in Step 2 of the doc, will appear for users in the coming days. Don’t have an exact ETA yet, but I’ve been told it’ll be in time to preload the game.

Jacko_the_lad 15 August, 2017 @ 20:59
1.3

I have a similar question to this:

Will those of us who bought the Explorer Pack be able to pre-load too?

Show more replies

“Best of all, the update will be available for both Uncharted 4 owners and for those picking up Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, which comes with all Uncharted 4 multiplayer content.” This is a great idea and the best way to unify the community. Looking forward to come back to the MP.

Carnivius_Prime 16 August, 2017 @ 07:43

Loooove Uncharted. The MP is still my ‘default PS4 game’ that play most days whether it’s a single match or a several hours long session. I think the only thing I wish ND would do to improve things would be to up the frame rate of Survival mode. It’s fine when you get used to it but it does seem hard on the eyes if you switch to it after playing so much of the regular silky-smooth Multiplayer mode. Maybe it has to be that way on a regular PS4 but I got a Pro now and I’m sure that could do it. :P

Also at first glance I thought the pic at top (before you click it to play the video) was some real guy super-imposed onto the game background. Uncharted’s character models are just that good I guess. :P

Will Uncharted The Lost Legacy be available as an add-on for Uncharted 4?

Carnivius_Prime 16 August, 2017 @ 13:21
4.1

Not sure what you mean. It’s a standalone game.

4.2

I think its going to be a “free” purchase for people with the Season Pass. But yeah. that question makes sense.

Like will somebody with the Season Pass and Uncharted 4, already installed on their PS4, have to download a 45gb game with The Lost Legacy, which makes them pretty much having to download Uncharted 4’s multiplayer and all its updates again to their console?

Carnivius_Prime 16 August, 2017 @ 15:04
4.3

Ah right I see. :)

Show more replies

Ok.

I even love that new art of Chloe hanging on that was released last week and is in the background of this article. Looks very like Drake at the front of Uncharted 2 :)

The lack of co op at launch made me put down the game after finishing the campaign merely once. Enjoyed its 2 predecessors way longer because of it. On the other hand I didn’t like the controls that much in U4 anyway, so maybe not that much of a loss.. But I def would’ve invested more time in it.

I would’ve preferred a delay and co op at launch, but releasing half a product, even in AAA, seems to be norm now.

Carnivius_Prime 16 August, 2017 @ 16:47
7.1

half a product? You’ve gotta be kidding… I would have considered Uncharted 4’s story mode the FULL product especially in comparison to other AAA games (many of which even cost more and aren’t half as good) and multiplayer was a bonus to extend game life and co op then added more and next week we get another mode added on too. I still tend to play the competitive modes far more than the co-operative ones anyways. It’s just more fun having human opponents.

7.2

Show full comment

Stonesthrow is on the money here. Just because one likes to play MP over co- op, doesnt mean that ALL fans of Uncharted shouldnt have choice on release. On the MP tip Three PvP modes alone on Day One is urine poor, even by ND’s standards. I used to be an ND apologist by drawing the ‘story mode/FULL product card’. I love Uncharted like both Prime and Stonesthrow, but it is glaringly obvious what has changed between U3 and U4 in terms of the distribution of Day One content. A delay too many, based on Neil Druckman’s loose lips at the E3 panel, didnt do the game any favors in my opinion. The first Survival Mode we got 7 months after Day One. UTLL’s Survival Arena were getting 14 months later. No co-op adventure as yet, so I understand Stones’ frustration. A decent amount of MP content would garner a decent crossover of MP gamers. If it was reversed where co op was featured and released with PvP multiplayer being released 7 and 14 months AFTER day one, Prime my friend, you would not be singing that song, just saying. Wait until The Last of Us 2 rears its head with the same bovine faecal matter, mark my words – Same money, smaller portions PS Plus subscriptions are just the tip of the slippery pole. And we thought microtransactions, preorder ‘bonuses’ and Season Passes were bad : /

I put 800+ hours into Uncharted 4 MP between May and November last year and it wouldn’t matter if ND gave me 100,000 of their gold coins, there’s no way in hell I’m launching it again. I imagine it’s changed beyond recognition since that time anyway.

I’m presently scouring the blog to see how triple pack owners go about pre-loading the game. I realise it can’t be done until 24-48 hours (I think) before it becomes available, but there were some considerable screw ups for EU triple pack owners last year due to lack of coordination between ND, SCEA and SCEE and it wouldn’t surprise me if something like that happens again. Like, I foresee buyers of the standalone title being able to pre-load but a spanner being tossed into the works for TP owners. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Not that the events of last year left a lasting impression or anything.

Like those 500 Uncharted Points for Triple Pack owners that most of the EU playerbase never recieved right?

Preloads don’t usually go live until 24-48 hours before release like you said, but you should be able to queue it up whenever and it’ll stay in your list until it’s ready to download, like any other pre-order. All that needs to be done is a “pick a version” selector added to the Lost Legacy page on the store, with the Free version requiring either A. the Triple Pack, B. Explorer’s Pack, C. Digital Deluxe Edition. It’s really not hard to do. (which is exactly what ND described as how to preload the game for owners of the above and has been functioning in the US store since their live stream.)

Just came back from pre-ordering The Lost Legacy. Triple Pack owner here, price was changed to Free for me.

Did you get the theme also?

There’s no way to know. Unlike the intelligent system in the US, where pre-order themes are available, downloadable, and usable the very moment you complete your purchase, the EU uses a stupid system where themes don’t show up until the pre-load starts, and locks them behind the same timer as the game itself for some arbitrary reason that makes no sense.

9.3

Thanks for mentioning this. When I tried a few days ago I was being denied access to the page. It’s good to see your name again Lathiel-. I remember you from last year. :)

Thanks for your help. Just pre-ordered my copy now as was wondering how to do that as bought the explorer pack.

“Survival Arena offers thousands of potential encounter combinations for you and up to two additional players to take on.”

Still in glorious 30 fps. Only Naughty Dog makes it possible!

I have U4 digital on my HDD. So what will happen if I download TLL, will the multiplayer data downloaded again and I will have it as a duplicate? You know what I mean.

Another question, what’s up with the pre-order bonuses for those who has the triple pack?

PricelessBeauty1 24 August, 2017 @ 01:27

Does co operative requires PlayStation plus? I want to play with a friend offline. It will not let me. Can someone explain to me what i am doing wrong?

The best game ever ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history