Posted

Gran Turismo Sport limited-time demo goes live on 9th October

In-game progress will carry over to the full release

Greetings Gran Turismo fans!

Now that we are in the final countdown to the launch of GT Sport, we thought there was no better way to show our appreciation then by giving the PS community a head start on their racing journey. We are excited to announce a GT Sport 4-day demo, via PlayStation Store from 9th October 10am (BST) through 12th October 2pm (BST) with pre-download available from 7th October at 10am (BST).

You won’t want to miss this limited time demo, as your earned in-game credit (up to $1MM) is transferable to the full game when it launches October 18th.

The GT Sport demo will give fans an in-depth look at some of the new features, geared to define the future of motorsports for all levels of drivers, from first timers to 20 year veterans of the franchise. You drive and tune on your own terms, while the new matchmaking system ensures you’re always racing against others of similar abilities.

At the start of the demo, drivers will have the option to experience a taste of Sport, Campaign, or Arcade mode. New features such as the innovative Scapes Photography mode and Custom Livery Editor are also available for the very first time.

Gran Turismo Sport

In Sport mode, drivers get to prove just how fast they are by putting down their fastest lap time. At the end of each qualifying session, it’s an all-out battle against drivers with similar performance abilities ensuring each race is equal, fair, and highly competitive.

Gran Turismo Sport

Campaign mode gives players the chance to improve driving skills across numerous challenges, missions, and circuit experience. Each of these modes play a key role in making every driver better prepared for racing online against others. As you complete various trial and Daily Workouts, you will be awarded with numerous vehicle unlocks, in-game currency, and Experience Points, furthering your Driver Profile and personal garage.

Gran Turismo Sport

For those looking to just jump in and drive, the Arcade mode offers a wide range of vehicle classes on 3 pre-selected circuit configurations with different terrains. Whether you want to go for high-speed oval racing on Northern Isle, hone your technical skills on Dragon Trail, or drift sideways through the corners in rally, race on your own terms as you choose from multiple driving aids including braking and or steering to hone your skills. You can also race against a friend offline in the classic 2-Player Split screen mode.

Gran Turismo Sport

The True HDR workflow and physics-based rendering tech of Scapes must be experienced firsthand to be truly appreciated. This is not your traditional photo mode as each photo location contains all the light energy information of that scene, enabling you to place your personalized car in hundreds of real world locations.

To round out the demo experience, the Livery Editor allows you to add your own personal touch of customization through numerous logo designs. You can also change the color of the car, wheels, mirrors, hood, spoiler, and much more.

That’s all for now, but not everything GT Sport has to offer. Be on the lookout for more insider information and videos from Kazunori Yamauchi through our GT Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram channels.

What did you think about this story?
62 Comments
0 Author replies

Rather than making a demo, I’d much rather that time and energy went towards a PROPER CAMPAIGN MODE!

And also won’t let you delete the useless demo from library,

No thanks, not until you make a real campaign and add FULL VR support, not a pathetic 1 v 1 mode.

I’ll try, but already know I won’t buy.

Just sort out what the fans are asking for hint campaign mode hint.

3.1

I played the Beta, did 3 races hated it. I already know I don’t even want to touch the demo, let alone a full priced “game”.

RustyTachikoma 03 October, 2017 @ 15:47

I hope that e-sports money is better than sales money, because I don’t e-sports is what most players are looking for in Gran Turismo…

mattikake2010 03 October, 2017 @ 15:57

Great news. After the bugged release disaster of Project CARS 2 I will most definitely be checking this out. Good chance to see if you will actually like the game. I suspect I will anyway. Then gives you the confidence to sign up for the pre-order.

xscapeguy2007 03 October, 2017 @ 16:15

Will the demo give us a taster of the VR mode as well???

Real single player offline content gameplay campaign or nothing, I don’t care much for online for racing games. This is not campaign this is fake low effort campaign with trials

Demo with VR Support ???

NO ! A full VR GT game will do ….. rather should do today the techs available, give us what we want, a full on grand turismo vr game , sick of this online s***

Génial trop heureux de voir que Polyphony respecte ses engagements….La première ère PS4 GT est en marche…Accès pour tous, et surtout ceux qui respecterons l’adversaire,…Merci Kaz la team GT Fever est prête pour relever le défis.

ジェネリック・トロイの木馬は、ポ-フォニーを尊重します….トゥース、エストゥート-ーアウト、セーヌクワイ、敬具、アドバンテ…メル-セデス・ベンツ・チームのGTフィーバーは、レフリ-・デフィシスを実行します。

So when will you be announcing you are fixing the guaratuan oversight of including a standard GT campaign in your GT game by releasing a proper free Campaign addon later? A month after launch? 2 months? Early next year?

Regardless, that’s it for GT this gen, you botched this up royally for us all.

Oh and “limited time demo”. Really brings home the online only thing. Hopefully the poor people who are going to buy this game that still don’t know it won’t have a campaign will figure it out with the demo.

SPCStarFighter 04 October, 2017 @ 11:23
10.1

I was actually just getting ready to order the “Gran Turismo Black Edition PS4 PRO” & the “Gran Turismo Sport Collector’s Edition” when I found out about the “No Campaign” situation. Have dropped the PS4 Pro & while I will try out the 4 day demo, not sure I’ll bother with the game as CAMPAIGN was what I was most looking forward to, but GT5 style with full “24HOUR of Le Mans / Nurburgring” races not GT6 “24 MINUTES of Le Mans / Nurburgring” races.

I have EVERY SINGLE GT game PLUS all the Playstation consoles (and they’re all still working) so was really looking forward to adding GT Sport to the collection …… Now …………………………………………………………….-…… Not so sure !!! Very sad day !

So come on guys, get your act together, surely the comments on here are telling you something ? ie WE WANT CAMPAIGN MODE & FULL TIME RACES !!!!!

...Show full comment

10.2

Ditto, SPCStarFighter…..All the Consoles, virtually all the GT Releases and Variants (Japanese/US/UK Releases of the early games) with relevant Consoles. Was thinking of splashing out on a GT Sport Ltd Edition Silver PS4 & Controller, then realised it wasn’t a PRO !! Also recently discovered the lack of Single Player off-line Campaign Mode. What a cop out !! Polyphony thought…Hmmm eveybody keeps complaining about the poor AI in the opposition cars..but rather than improve that, like they’re ALL expecting..We’ll surprise them and get rid of them, forcing everybody to go on-line to race. Perhaps IF EVERYBODY had a great Internet connection speed or nobody else in the entire Household was on-line, that would be a fair-enough proposition. However the Real World doesn’t work like that. :-(

The game is already in my shopping basket, but one question remains: Which content is pre-order / edition exclusive and cannot be earned via gameplay? With different versions, you can get multiple cars, a chrome helmet, a dynamic design, vehicle livery stickers, avatars and more. Is all that stuff exclusive to those editions? I won’t buy a game about cars when some cars are unavailable if I don’t spend 150€ for the most expensive edition. I know there is a edition overview on the GT Sport page, but there is no information on exclusivity of the contents.

11.1

The only extras are early access to vehicles you can earn in game, some unique liveried cars like the Chrome Line in GT5 or Anniversary cars in GT6 and some in game credit. It’s not worth the extra, just buy the standard edition and save your money.

Can we please have AI opponents while racing split-screen? Just playing 1v1 in split screen gets boring really fast, because usually the game owner is a lot better at the game than his split screen companion.

Might have to hold out for a sale, considering the focus on online. I know I’ll get it eventually as I enjoy the technical aspects and controls but so tired of games putting their online and social aspects over a proper campaign or even combining both in an always online type of game, especially with how access to online is no longer free and being forced on us via PS+.

13.1

Don’t forget if the servers are turned off after 3 years like with GT 5, then this new GT game is virtually unplayable in the near future lol.

13.2

Does this rule apply to games like Overwatch, Elder Scrolls online and PUBG? ……I thought not.

13.3

Doesn’t that just say more about Sony or Polyphony Digital then lol? I just made a very plain and clear contrast to GT 5’s online portion being shut off after 3 years when it was replaced with GT 6.

This rule, as you call it, however DOES apply to PS4 exclusives such as The Tomorrow Children, Kill Strain and Gravity Rush 2…….. I thought so.

Show more replies

Thanks! I was mentioning a demo at your previous post, thanks for giving us one even if its time limited.

Yeah not really interested… I was until I found out it would not have Full VR support..

Ah! Great! Thanks Polyphony!!!!

Thank You! It will be a great game, with fantastic details – Digital Deluxe preordered!

MADARA_UCHIA757 05 October, 2017 @ 01:48
17.1

I did also

Sorry but this will be the first GT game I’ve not purchased since the first way back in 98, other than the licence test what else is there to do offline – why no campaign mode. Also with less than a month to launch where are the details of the online part, daily/weekly/monthly events, are there any plans for DLC, monthly subscription – Driveclub got this part right.

This should have been GT7 with a campaign mode and for those who want to race online that’s GT Sport, so this is only half a game.

I just hope Driveclub 2 is revealed at the Paris show (very very long shot) or a remaster of GT4.

18.1

Err well sadly Evolution studio were closed in early 2016 so there will be no Driveclub 2 probably ever.

And a remaster of GT4 just makes no sense. Do you mean a PS2 to PS4 HD upscale re-release? I think with the licensed music in the game, even that is out of the question.

Cool, can’t wait to have another spin before release. Don’t really care for preset race conditions missing from GT:Sport, I do prefer online, lots of fun with GT’s match making. But for those who prefer offline, just create your own race settings & earn some $$ unlock cars!! Who cares bout a lame menu with preset race conditions that you could easily set up yourself, least you can still race offline in work towards getting new cars.

After a SP racing game to keep you busy? Get GT:Sport over PC2. Online? Get GT:Sport, unless you have a nice group of friends to race online against otherwise you’ll mostly be playing GT3 class, sunny weather, day time against people who will likely ram you..

19.1

Me !!!! I care

4 hours you say? That would give us plenty of time to exhaust such a limited number of tracks in the full game. Shame Project Cars 2 come out recently, with the comprehensive selection that offers it would need to be a seriously impressive demo to convince me to pay full price for a prologue… Yea, yea. Not a prologue!

20.1

Not 4 hours 4 day demo! and I take it you haven’t played Project Cars 2 have you? I’ve got Project Cars 2 and that game is a bugfest, the gamma is incorrect on all full motion video so it looks grey and washed out, the game freezes and starts to chug or hang on the menu system and the only way to correct this is to delete car setups and video replays from the PS4 storage, I recommend people who haven’t got the game already to wait for a patch, it’s a good game when it works but I wouldn’t praise it’s so called “comprehensive selection” on single player content over its bugs.

Yes that was a misread on my part! I have played PC2, feel free to check^^. I haven’t experienced a single crash but I don’t bother watching or saving replays so I can’t comment on that front to be honest. I will pick this up for sure as the driving in the closed beta was good, just not at launch as the selection is disappointing!

20.3

It’s having multiple car setups which brings the main menu system to a halt and those extra files like this and replays, ghost data have to be deleted to make the game run as normal, it’s a known issue on the games own forum but if you just play the game without scratching the service then you’ll be fine, not forgetting the incorrect gamma and washed out videos, in order to correct that we all have to download gigabytes of data for the video alone, it’s good when it’s on form but I don’t know who Q&A’d Project Cars 2, if Gran Turismo came out in that state people would scream and cry and file class action lawsuit suits. lol 😂😂😂

geo_opel_tigra 03 October, 2017 @ 23:07

I can’t wait! The king is back! I’m sure that will be a awesome game!

We know that from all the gt games…

Also now all the other racing games is free to copy for one more time the king….

When you say a 4 day demo. Would it be a free demo or paid demo, and would it still be playable (offline) after the 4th day?

22.1

All your driving statistics are saved online (in a cloud) so people can’t tamper with the saves I would guess. So I assume they cut of the link between demo and cloud after 4 days and you can’t play the demo because it can’t upload your results to the profile server.

That way if/when you buy the full game the saves are already in place in the cloud as you boot the complete game.

Will be in game “Drift mode” as in previous games?

What a joke… it’s not a campaign in even the slightest sense of the word, so stop calling it that. It is stupid, misleading and can even be considered false advertising. This game does not offer ANY playability for longtime fans of the series. The last good campaign was GT4…

SPCStarFighter 04 October, 2017 @ 11:32
24.1

Sorry Lathiel, I disagree. Surely you mean that the last good campaign was GT5 not GT4 ?? I agree GT6’s campaign mode was badly flawed, replacing the 24 hour races with 24 MINUTE races ???? STUPID !! TOTALLY STUPID !!!! COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY ….. (you get my feelings about this) but GT4 better than GT5 ??? I can’t see it.

24.2

Oh, I did mean GT5. My bad x_x

People who played the Beta already know that the game itself is brilliant…… its just lacking in the single-player content that people who play GT for many years enjoy and love.

People who are excited for this game are either fake accounts or are coming to the game for the first time.

For the first timers you will enjoy it but for people who played it over the years……. I don’t know its something you will have to decide for yourself.

TIL I have a fake account

25.2

What are you talking about? I am excited for the game and don’t have a fake account. It’s about time a racing game tried to do online properly. The beta was good fun and most of the online driving was clean which made the races absorbing.

As Project Cars 2 has proven, you can have all the tracks in world, a huge campaign, but if its buggy, the AI is rubbish and controls like garbage with a pad, then all that content is useless.

The fact the demo is free and people are moaning without even giving it a ago says everything. it may not have the campaign you want but at least give the demo a go so you can see how well it handles compared to the other games, not downloading a free demo and giving it a spin just out of some kind of mini protest is nonsense. Life is to short, download the demo, have a go, you have NOTHING to lose.

Why everyone complaining about. Is game online only with no single play. If so wait in the sale. Try this demo so.

No campaign? No sale ! , should at least have the option, there’s literally thousands of us out there that don’t wanna just play online ( or in my case, don’t care one iota) and not getting the demo because can’t delete from library afterwards, meh !

27.1

Why are people so bothered if something shows in their library? It’s not on your PS4 so i don’t understand the issue.

When you’ve a few hundred things in your library, of which less than 25% is full games you’ve bought / got from the IGC, it’s a mess. Mine is littered with demos and things you can’t even get like PT and long past betas such as the original Destiny and Battlefront.

Fair enough you don’t want to create the potential for people to erroneously remove purchases and later complain they can’t download stuff they’ve paid for, but to have it littered with demos, betas and games you no longer own the discs for is ridiculous.

Are there any prerequisites to get this demo or can anyone get it?

28.1

I think it’s PS+ just to pre-load the demo (43Gb) everybody can download and start playing at the same time from the 9th

I downloaddd it but can’t play not sure why would be because I played the closed beta?

jbeezyTehL33t 08 October, 2017 @ 04:07

Demo Installed! THIS GAME IS BEAUTIFUL! E-Sport Ftw! To the cryhards ……go play your little uglyass forza And NFS. This is Racing!

Why do people say there is no Campaign in the game? Is there no single player content or is there a campaign like the one in GT6 or what? I don’t wanna buy an online only game.

Just played the demo, very disappointed. I now have a useless PSVR, and pre-order for GT-S which I can’t cancel. A super long time fan of GT no more. I think GT have lost the plot. For the record, playing PSVR is so blurry and low res, it is much like the resolution of an old VCR, in an era of 4K this was already a huge disappointment, and to find out the VR content is limited is just rude. This will be my last console, and last console game.

Played again today to see if I would change my mind, no change in mind once the server started dropping out, and telling me it could not save stuff I was doing. Just endless spinning circle trying to reconnect. I tested my connection and it reports ok. Not looking good at all. Also how is a Demo lasting 4 days worth a 43GB download?

montyburnswakey 09 October, 2017 @ 17:58

Shame this demo won’t connect to servers.

Every single time I load it up, I get the “severs are undergoing maintenance” message and can’t do anything with the game.

Tried to run the demo today and the “VR mode” item in the menu is greyed out. That was the only part I care about. I guess every PSVR owner would like to taste at least one VR track to decide if buy the game or not. But it looks Polyphony are either ashamed or afraid to demo us the VR mode…sigh.

34.1

Same here, i even reconnected my psvr just for this ( disconnected since i purchased a 4k tv , still trying to find a decent hdmi splitter to run the psvr and have hdr and 4k on ps4 pro without having to disconnect cables all the time ) and was hoping to give the vr a go. Raced a few of the cars and was quite impressed but felt disappointed. Makes you wonder why vr wasnt put in the demo, is it to get you to buy it or is it that bad they didnt want to put potential customers off from buying it ? I guess we shall see.

Just wasted an hour trying to get into an online race. Spend ages going through qualifying only for the match making to fail. I know it’s only a demo but not looking promising at the moment. Are lobbies meant to be working cause I can’t get into those either.

Edit history