Posted

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition coming to PS4 on 16th January 2018

Arcade mode, new V-Triggers and lots more in new update, which will be free for Street Fighter V owners

Hello, PlayStation Nation and Street Fighters! We’re thrilled to announce Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, coming to all our warriors around the world on 16th January, 2018! As the name suggests, this edition includes the highly-requested Arcade mode, but it also includes much much more! If you’ve been spectating on the sidelines or waiting for the right moment to join the fight, you’ll definitely want to check this out. Without further ado, let’s get to what’s inside!

First off, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will come with all 28 characters, which includes those from Season 1 and Season 2 – there’s still one more character that we’ll be announcing very soon. In order to introduce more variety in each match, all characters will receive a second V-Trigger you can choose before the match begins! It’s time to see what else your main character is capable of. We’ll be rolling out more details in the future.

Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition

As previously stated, Arcade Mode will be present, but this isn’t your cookie cutter version. Being the #1 requested addition to Street Fighter V, we’re making sure it’ll be an experience rather than just a mode. As it’s our 30th anniversary year, we wanted to add even more to Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition! Extra Battle Mode, V-Trigger moves, Gallery, and a UI design overhaul are among the features we can’t wait to show you in the future. There’s a lot of information to share with each of these new additions, so keep an eye out as we approach January.

Street Fighter V: Arcade EditionStreet Fighter V: Arcade Edition

Ready for even better news? As we promised in the past, the initial purchase of Street Fighter V is still the only one that you’ll need as the new gameplay-related content in Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition will be part of a free in-game update for current players once it releases! That means if you currently play Street Fighter V, you won’t need to purchase anything else to get Arcade Mode, Extra Battle Mode, etc. – you’ll just need to download the update!

For those who don’t currently have Street Fighter V, you’ll be able to purchase Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition which will include everything we’ve mentioned above. We wanted to make sure there’s something to celebrate for both current and new players alike.

Thank you for your feedback and for supporting Street Fighter V throughout the years! We’re listening and are planning to bring you something we’re really proud of and can finally announce. Here’s to many more years to come for Street Fighter V!

What did you think about this story?
12 Comments
0 Author replies
Carnivius_Prime 05 October, 2017 @ 15:12

I could complain that it’ll have been almost 2 years since release date by time the arcade mode comes out but I’m done complaining and I just want to look forward to it and glad i won’t have to pay extra for the new modes. I like the new UI design too.

Omg you would think they would at least stealth release this so as to save further embarrassment.

Carnivius_Prime 05 October, 2017 @ 17:24
2.1

Nah, at least we know it’s on the way and can reduce a lil bit of the resentment for now. I love Street Fighter and I really enjoy SFV but I don’t really care for Capcom as a company these days. I’m still playing SFV though cos I have a lot of fun and I’m looking forward to the new modes.

X_Blood_Curse_X 05 October, 2017 @ 16:42

So it’s really just a way to avoid the grind for currency to buy the characters?

You’re complaining they give you a way to get dlc for free?

“… you won’t need to purchase anything else …”

This would be the minimum that I could expect, from you Capcom, I already bought the game at release for a full AAA price, and only got half of a game!

diesto_cresta 05 October, 2017 @ 20:46
4.1

Sole reason I buy no games on release anymore.

Play the waiting game and either get game of the year edition or the real “full” version.

DLC used to be full game packs and worth the extra cost.

These days its an excuse to hold back content which should already be in the game.

I think I’ll have to dust off the fight stick for this! Love SF but 5 was a bit underwhelming for me as I suck online and there’s no fun in it when you can barely land a punch

5.1

Ever since online has become a thing fighting game makers have generally been getting lazier and lazier with offline modes, hoping “competitive modes” fill the gap somehow.

The problem really is something like 95%+ of fighting game players (based off trophies) don’t really play online, yet companies refuse to cater to that segment in much of a meaningful way. Most people can’t really be bothered to sit in lobbies waiting for a decent match (not a quitter or laggy or just outright cheap opponent) for hours and would much rather just have fun.

Also, it’s probably worse than that. Online plays is absolutely nothing like real tournament play!!

A good update. It takes to long for character to come out! A roster of 28 characters after two year’s is absolutely rubbish, and there’s still not a stage for each character. capcom you don’t need to make loads of stupid costumes, it’s such a waste of development time and they don’t do SF5 justice most of them are rediculesly bad. it’s not a kids game! when’s a CGI street fighter 5 movie coming out!? A true street fighter 5 game should have all the characters from all 5 main SF games. When’s a SF1 characters pack coming out, there’s not that many! MORE CHARACTERS MORE STAGES! instead of having stupid Halloween costumes, you could of put two new characters in the game roster. all the costumes are so silly, must be for the kids. I’m shore kids would rather play with new characters than make the characters look so radiculas. I think I’ve made my point.

Sr_Livindeath 06 October, 2017 @ 14:47

and this is why I didn’t buy MVC:Infinite, I will pay full price when I get the full game.

Carnivius_Prime 06 October, 2017 @ 21:26
7.1

i didn’t buy MVC:Infinite cos it’s soulless crud.

Edit history