Posted

Gran Turismo Sport PS VR bundle launches today

Includes PlayStation Camera and PlayStation VR Worlds

Can you believe it’s barely been a year since PlayStation VR first immersed us in spectacular virtual worlds? Since October 2016 over one million PS VR headsets have been sold, with over 100 games and experiences now available to enjoy.

And so, with Gran Turismo Sport releasing today, we’re happy to announce the Gran Turismo PS VR bundle, that’ll get you race-ready*.

Included in the bundle is a physical copy of the Gran Turismo Sport standard edition, PlayStation VR and PlayStation Camera. Also in the bundle is a copy of PlayStation VR Worlds*.

Gran Turismo Sport VR

PS VR immerses you in Gran Turismo Sport like never before in a ‘behind the wheel’ experience with a hyper real 360 degree view. Every single race track in the game is playable in VR, so whether you’re roaring around the race track of Nurburgring, competing 1 vs.1 against an AI driver, or admiring the realistic interiors of over 130 different cars that are playable in VR Tour, you’ll appreciate the authenticity of Gran Turismo Sport in a whole new way.

The bundle will join the two other high value bundles currently available:

• PS VR headset + PlayStation Camera + PlayStation VR Worlds game: €399.99 RRP
  • PS VR headset + PlayStation Camera + PlayStation VR Worlds game + Move Controller Twin Pack: €449.99 RRP

With these bundles, you’ll have everything you need to start your PS VR journey, straight out of the box.

With games such as survival horror Resident Evil 7, sci-fi shooter Farpoint and super hero sim Batman: Arkham VR, there’s already a huge variety of fine titles to get stuck into. And with the likes of military shooter Bravo Team, psychological thriller The Inpatient, fantasy epic Skyrim VR and the fast-paced Doom VFR coming soon, there’s never been a better time to pick up PlayStation VR.

*Availability may vary per country. Please check with your local retailer.

*Copy may be a physical disc or digital voucher. Please check with your local retailer.

38 Comments
2 Author replies

The VR content in this game is incredibly lackluster.

1.1

As much as I love both my PSVR and GT Sport I find it weird that they bundle a title with so little VR-value instead of others like RE 7 or whatever. Maybe this is a sign that they will add more VR content to GT Sport in the near future, but I wont hold my breath.. ;)

1.2

would that be because an RE7 bundle would limit purchases to 18+ as per the game’s PEGI rating?

xscapeguy2007 18 October, 2017 @ 11:40

I hope they add more content very soon. This is very bare bones.

I would like also once again to ask what is happening with the VR anniversary sale that was started for N.a. region last week???

This is a massive insult and false advertising. The game doesn’t even have full VR support, just some pathetic 1 on 1 mode.

No thanks, I won’t be buying that game until it gets FULL support.

I look at it like it’s a free bonus if you buy it for the main game.

3.2

It really isn’t.

3.3

They didn’t need to add VR to GT Sport for it to sell copies. Most PS4 games don’t come with any VR content so it’s a bonus.

Yes PD could’ve padded the game out and sold VR separately like Driveclub VR but maybe they’re testing the waters see how many people are interested.

Remember when the first Ridge Racer came out on PS1, that only had one track and it was classed as a full game back then. We’re only a year into the first real VR generation and we have stuff like this, Farpoint, Resi 7, Dirt Rally VR etc. I don’t think it’s too bad.

Show more replies

Think this is a good idea. GT will sell some VR units. And promote the fact GT can be played in VR.

Hopefully it also means the VR parts will get added to.

MiseryPrincess 18 October, 2017 @ 21:36
4.1

They kind of need to add something more to the VR section if it’s going to be a promotional tool for this. If the current VR content is as minuscule as is suggested it would cause a big dose of buyers remorse when they couldn’t play much with their new expensive headset. Otherwise this bundle is kind of a bad idea.

LetoAtreides82 18 October, 2017 @ 13:37

I can imagine someone buying this bundle and eagerly starting up GT Sport to experience the glory of GT in VR only to find out it’s just a glorified demo. I hope they don’t give up on the PSVR because of this.

I purchased the Steelbook in Australia with the Europe Theme Pack.

I’m missing the Liveries, the Chrome Helmet and the $500,000 bonus credit that was supposed to come with the Europe Theme Pack.

Many users are reporting missing or duplicate DLC… https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/collectors-edition-extras.362688

6.1

Thanks for the heads up. We’ve got the team looking into getting this resolved at the moment. I’ll update here as soon as I have an answer.

6.2

A small update: Our Customer Services team are now able to help get this sorted for you. Here’s how you can contact them: https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/get-help/

Is this the new VR2 or the first version?

Based on the box image version 1 not version 2 can’t see the headphones

8.1

The earphones aren’t shown on the front of the boxes anyway.

It would be interesting to see how many copies of Dirt Rally VR have been sold. But really this is a kind of week sign that they may improve the VR Tour mode. Even a hotlaping function or at least 1 vs 1 online would be nice. However knowing how many delays they had with the core game…

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 18 October, 2017 @ 16:11

Show full comment

Thank you for this sale but I really have a serious suggestion for you when you do sales: whenever you do sales for games that have complete editions and season passes, especially the games you gave for free through PS Plus, please don’t forget to make discounts on the DLCs and season passes too. I take for example Lords Of The Fallen: What does that mean the main game on sale is 4 € and fuill game is 5 € while Season Pass is 16 €??? This goes for all games you gave through PS PLus like Just Cause 3 and many more. If you aren’t going to give the full games, at least let us get the DLCs and Season Passes discounted when you do sales. It feels like a sentence for getting free games through PS Plus because we are left with incomplete games and we can’t get their full versions either (that is why I don’t play incomplete games you gave each month because I can’t buy their DLCs later because they cost many times more than the full game discounted). So those with no PS Plus subscription have the real advanntage in sales while those with PS Plus are feel punished.

This doesn’t stop here. Whenever you offer a free-weekend or full game trial of game, the system thinks you already own the game and you can’t buy it in discounts or packs.

I really hope you reconsider such limitations (more like handicaps) in the store and the suggestions I made. Thanks.

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 18 October, 2017 @ 16:16

Does this PS VR bundle include the updated PS VR V2 and the tweaked PS Move controllers with better battery?

LetoAtreides82 18 October, 2017 @ 19:36
11.1

Based on the box art this is not the updated version of the PSVR. I don’t think this bundle includes Move controllers.

I read this game is mainly an online game.

Very disappointed because I always liked the single player aspect of GT so I need to skip this game unfortunately.

12.1

It’s an ALWAYS online game, not even the photo mode works offline – what a disappointment, you can keep this PD!

When is the new PSVR model and updated Move controllers coming to Europe?

races are 1v1 and only 2 laps, no time trials no races, just a VR cash grab

What about a 2tb harddrive ps4 slim. When’s this going to be released? And more to the point when’s the bravia PlayStation laptop and a Xperia PlayStation phone coming out!?

StevenJamesHyde 19 October, 2017 @ 13:19
15.1

2TB Slim isn’t going to happen. There is absolutely no sense in Sony making their range of products more complicated when external USB hard drives solve the problem perfectly well

Is this the new v2 PSVR which supports HDR pass through that was announced about 2 weeks ago? HDR pass through is essential to me hence why I have not bought the v1 headset.

So how much development time and money WAS wasted on this lackluster VR “mode”?

Erm a year at least apparently…. Down the toilet so I hear. Shame I’ve read what they’ve added is actually quite good. What a waste. It’s a good job they didn’t add much content. Could’ve taken them two years then. 😮

CedricVanDamme19 21 October, 2017 @ 10:52

So you can only play one mode in VR named ‘Arcade’? No multiplayer or local to friends?!

Yeah that’s right. Only the one mode at the moment. All tracks and cars though I believe.

This bundle coming already with new PSVR Model (CUH-ZVR2) ?

what i want to know is if sony is having plans on replaceing the transfer boxes for the VR set

It would really be a good thing if you were able to get the new version of the box (with a bit of payment if necessary)

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history