Posted

Introducing the Sunset Orange Dualshock 4 wireless controller, out 14th November

Vibrant two-toned special edition is the latest to join our Dualshock 4 range

We are excited to share with you the latest addition to our Dualshock 4 wireless controller range.

The special edition Sunset Orange model will be available at retail in select markets across the region from 14th November – just in time to bring a little gaming heat to the winter nights ahead.

Sunset Orange Dualshock 4

The controller’s two-toned design offers a stylishly contrasted look as the vibrant orange of the controller’s front is complimented by the dark purple buttons, sticks and back.

Sunset Orange joins a wide range of special standalone Dualshock 4 models available now, including:

• Gold and Silver
  • Destiny 2
  • PlayStation F.C.
  • Crystal range
  • Gran Turismo Sport

Sunset Orange Dualshock 4

Sunset Orange Dualshock 4

Let us know what you think of our colourful new addition in the comments, and check out the full range of controllers here.

TITLE TITLETITLE

*Sunset Orange Dualshock 4 wireless controller not available to purchase from UK and Ireland, France, Poland, Russia and Middle East and Africa.

97 Comments
1 Author replies

I have to have it!

Hmmm, as I am Dutch… I kinda like it and… WANT it :P

How about introducing us finally the winners of the wipeout remix competition? Would be faaaaar more interesting!!!!!

3.1

We haven’t forgotten about this! Announcement of the winners is coming soon.

Finally a information. Thx

This controller looks so amazing! I need it in my life!!! JUST TAKE MY WALLET!!!

So where is it available for purchase?

5.1

“Sunset Orange Dualshock 4 wireless controller not available to purchase from UK and Ireland, France, Poland, Russia and Middle East and Africa”

So not here unfortunately :(

YousefAhmad24744 21 October, 2017 @ 16:00
5.2

Why ??? Only For The U.S

It’s coming out in Australia!

Show more replies

That sunset orange is a great colour scheme, really like it and it looks much classier than the usual coloured controllers.

O_Aphex_Twin_O 19 October, 2017 @ 16:03

So why is this not gonna be available to purchase in the uk????

Bizarre decision – it looks great – I would have bought it.

I’m guessing that voting “yes” is starting to pay off…

Just a simple controller colour and its the most epic limited edition controller or console you have released all year. Orange you glad you this?

So this is not available in the UK….USA only…but its posted on an EU blog… The Uk Consumers say….Cheers!

It will be available in the EU with the exception of those countries!

Well it does just list a few countries, so presumably it’s available in others. I’d be utterly astounded if it’s not for sale in the Netherlands!

It’s not USA only.

U say cheers, I say “Brexit”, better get used to it…😂

Show more replies

Nice… I just wish these controllers wasn’t so expensive

10.1

I agree. They do cost a lot, but its their revenue stream.

What they need to work on is the reliability of these things.

Why? They can just keep coming up with these new controllers that we’ll buy to replace them when they break. Except we can’t. We have to replace them with the equally bland selection we already had!

10.3

Touché

Yey! Look at the shiney thing I can’t have. I suppose you’ll have to buy one from the Netherlands and import to the UK.

THE_GHOUL_REAVER 19 October, 2017 @ 16:25

Which retailers will carry them? Please send Fred Meyer some!

O_Aphex_Twin_O 19 October, 2017 @ 16:34

IMO this not being available in the UK is racist

13.1

It could be many things, racist isn’t one of them. Unless David Dickinson has suddenly become a race.

Would love to buy it but can’t as i’m in the UK. Seems like an odd restriction to me :(

I really want that Sunset Orange. Bring it to all the countries

Le Creuset FTW.

Why is this not available in the UK?

Poor show Sony :(

I like it.

I don’t like the regional release pattern.

But as soon as I see it anywhere in the world where its available, I’ll buy it.

As ugly as it is, why is it not available in the UK?

renaultmilton 19 October, 2017 @ 19:17
19.1

Why do you think it’s ugly? IT’S so cool!

Love the color, especially from the sides and top. Really attractive color combination.

I would be happy to purchase 2 blue crystal controllers, but they are not available in the UK.

Nice color scheme, looks really good!

What is Sony’s problem with releasing controllers in the UK? It’s getting silly now.

When an online store that let us create and personalize our own Dualshock’s? I know that’s not new and original but it would be great!

Carnivius_Prime 19 October, 2017 @ 17:33

I like it! But I can’t have it. Cos you’re mean.

Of course the UK can’t have it, it would only remind us that we don’t have weather which allows sunsets of this hue.

Poor show Sony.

I just bought a crystal white controller and 2 out of 3 times the left analog stick makes a slight clicking sound when pulling down, due to friction. This little resistance from the shell is also noticeable just from feel.

I’m going to send it back for another one, but are the new DS4 controllers generally that stiff? Because my og DS4’s sticks are buttery smooth.

ShweatyScotsman 19 October, 2017 @ 18:33

Hey, that’s my birthday, you should hook a customer up hahaha.

It would have been cooler if it had an electric blue underbelly, buttons, analog sticks and touch pad instead of black.

Why it’s not available in France? What did we do?

30.1

Where do we begin :P

jason-bridges 19 October, 2017 @ 20:14

Wow that’s lush but not available in the UK :( best I’ve seen since the ps classic I bought way back.

And yet still no Dual Shock 4 PRO controller.

32.1

Dualshock 4 is already PRO by default :)

Is it availabe only in Antarctica?

Would be nice to have it in UK.

Why it’s not available for UK? Plastic is toxic? Or contains some banned bacteria?

Beautiful. You should make a green one with this type of color palette.

Why limited countries? Just encourages grey market imports

Ottolubizabawki 19 October, 2017 @ 23:23

Why it is not available in most of European countries? I am awaiting your comment.

What a load of rubbish show us a brilliant colour controller then tell us its not available in our country makes me wonder why we stay loyal to the playstation brand

Just adding to the frustration. Why is this not available in the UK and Ireland?

You do pop up here, cherry picking which comments to reply to and which to ignore. It’s not difficult to give a straight answer as to why we aren’t getting these controllers? It’s BS.

xscapeguy2007 20 October, 2017 @ 08:27

Seeing as this is latest post can i ask will anybody from PlayStation actually answer some of the questions or just ignore your public? Still waiting on answers about VR sale that America already has had and also will GT sport get more Vr content?

39.1

Dude let it go. AnniVRsary is over. And compared to NA we have much better sales all the time. A Flash Sale this weekend with Uncharted Lost Legacy and Raw Data is still discounted..

xscapeguy2007 20 October, 2017 @ 08:28

Also still waiting to hear about Singstar celebration as this franchise will die if you dont support it this time.

How bout den urnges! Love Orange, it’s my favorite color. Can’t wait!

H-a-v-e-l-o-c-k 20 October, 2017 @ 09:10

Another stupid color choice that I will completely ignore. When are you going to make an elite controller to compete with Microsoft’s? Then! you will get my money Sony.

This is an absolute joke. Posted on the EU blog yet not available to purchase from UK and Ireland, France, Poland, Russia – all European countries.

I’ve got to admit Xbox are much better when it comes to custom/different controllers.

jason-bridges 21 October, 2017 @ 10:18
43.1

Wait Russia is in Europe now? ;)

First the red/blue crystal weren’t onsale in the UK and now this? Come on sony atleast pretend you care about you’re customers.

DreadfullName 20 October, 2017 @ 10:12

What I think would be more exciting for either or both controls and consol would be if they made them anodized alloy in various colours

Then I’d snap one up 😎

asjshvshjajjjshg 20 October, 2017 @ 10:59

Its awesome orange is my favorite color.

AtticusFavs327 20 October, 2017 @ 11:49

Is this available in the states? I didn’t see whether it was or not. I’d get it in a heartbeat.

Argh, why is it not available in so many EU countries? The pad looks really great, however, I probably won’t be able to get it, since if I i import it to PL it will be even more expensive :(

Oo-MrSushi-oO 20 October, 2017 @ 14:44

“Sunset Orange Dualshock 4 wireless controller not available to purchase from UK and Ireland, France, Poland, Russia and Middle East and Africa.”.

So it’s not available everywhere.

Another controller unavailable in the UK. I really want the Red and Blue crystal ones but they’re going for €70 on Amazon IT, FR, DE etc 😡

YousefAhmad24744 21 October, 2017 @ 16:02 Edited
50.1

Like U This Is Ridiculous

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history