Posted

Hilarious multiplayer brawler Gang Beasts gets a confirmed PS4 release date

Battle it out with friends in epic arenas and football matches, or go co-op against enemy waves from 12/12

Prepare to scream with horror and delight as gangs of saggy, pugnacious thugs from Beef City punch, kick and slapstick their way across your screen, hurling their foes into hazardous machinery or mercilessly head-butting them into flaming incinerator pits! That’s right folks, the long awaited beef-em-up Gang Beasts is coming to PlayStation 4 on Dec 12th!

Gang Beasts will launch with a whole glut of customisation options  and several new modes, including clumsy-yet-brutal 2 vs. 2 soccer matches, and a cooperative mode where up to 4 players battle against waves of thugs.

TITLE TITLETITLE

Settle all your holiday arguments with a trip to Beef City, where harmless, brutal, violence is fun for all the family! Gang Beasts is heading to your neighborhood on 12th December, until then please enjoy the new trailer above and get ready to FIGHT!

One more thing! If you are heading to PlayStation Experience, Gang Beasts brawls and a tournament await you at the Double Fine Booth!

What did you think about this story?
30 Comments
3 Author replies

ABOUT TIME!!!!! Been waiting for this for like 2 years now lol. Does it have any online modes? Last I read the PC version has online BETA tests?

Carnivius_Prime 28 November, 2017 @ 15:56
1.1

Hopefully or there’s no point me buying it.

1.2

If it’s gonna be on pc then it’ll definetly be on console too

Carnivius_Prime 29 November, 2017 @ 08:33
1.3

I was massively disappointed that Double Dragon Neon on PS3 never did get the online mode the PC version did despite promises (still a great game but I rarely got to play it in 2 player cos of that) but the developer of this game does state below that this has online so yay for us friendless folk! :D

Show more replies

Wasn’t this meant to have VR functionality too ????

Yes, they’ve said it’ll come next year, as free post launch content

Source, one of the devs: https://twitter.com/glumjamesbrown/status/930423561197678592

James Spafford 28 November, 2017 @ 20:09
2.2

PSVR Support will arrive after launch as a free update, more info on that… ‘soon’ :)

jamie-sixtyfour 28 November, 2017 @ 16:39

YES!!! I was literally just on their website checking this out. I’ve had the PC version for ages but the 0.6.0 build didn’t like my laptop :(

PS4 was always going to be the ideal platform for sitting around and having some couch gaming.

If anyone needs a game to fill the time. I highly recommend Human: Fall Flat (currently on flash sale). Slightly different kind of game but still has the whole ragdoll physics fun.

Sooooo looking forward to this one!!! Christmas come early :)

Looked like something I would have got involved with the years ago it was first announced. Now I’ve seen so many videos about it and it’s taken so long to get a final release and what not I’m kinda over it… will remember as it for a potential party game situation but otherwise this was well over promoted and not quickly enough developed. Woops.

I’ll probably buy this, but will there be online multiplayer? :D

Habra online?

James Spafford 28 November, 2017 @ 20:08
6.1

There will be online multiplayer!

Finally

xToY_sOlDiErX- 28 November, 2017 @ 20:39

Can’t wait this game is so fun and addicting!

Will this be on physical or just digital?

James Spafford 29 November, 2017 @ 02:09
9.1

Digital only, at least for launch anyway.

Was getting worried this wouldn’t get a PS4 release. Happy to see a date, and so soon! Always been laughing hard whenever I have watched people play it online. Stupid and silly in all the right ways!

Any idea of the price?

Totally buying this! Played a demo version at EGX Rezzed earlier this year and couldn’t stop laughing. Great party game! Just hope it’s built for online multiplayer mostly and not just a couple of game modes!

Is this a final release (i.e. not beta/early access) and will there be any differences between the PC & PS4 versions?

looks like fun

Will the Rick & Morty content that is included in the PC version be included in the PS4 release?

Cuantos jugadores puede haber en una partida?

qual será o preço no PSN brasileiro?

how much will it cost?

17.1

Not just me who couldn’t see a price then! How much!!??

ArsenalLegend123 03 December, 2017 @ 22:59
17.2

It’s £14.99 on other stores, so likely the same.

Price is 20$ :)

What time will it be available in the PS Store?

Can’t see it in the PS store… am I to assume that the Dec 12 release date isn’t happening?

alexthebeast5310 12 December, 2017 @ 14:51
20.1

Same smh. It seems like it came out for the UK, for £15 or whatever

im still waiting for it to come to the playstation store

NVM IT JUST CAME OUT

Dylanmecca1234 12 December, 2017 @ 19:02

Think this should be free

Edit history