Posted

5 big new PlayStation Store releases you need to check out this week

Destiny 2’s first expansion Curse of Osiris, The Jak and Daxter Collection and more...

This week, PlayStation Store welcomes Bungie’s first expansion for Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris, letting you explore Mercury as you try to bring down the Vex alongside the mysterious Warlock Osiris. Alternatively you can reunite with old friends as Jak and Daxter return to PS4 with The Jak and Daxter Collection,

Elsewhere you can battle the undead hordes with Frank West in Capcom’s Dead Rising 4: Frank’s Big Package, stitch magic hats in the adorable and witty platformer, A Hat in Time, and find your beat in Avicii’s stylish rhythm game Invector.

1. Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris

On Mercury, the Vex plan to reshape the universe in their image. Meet Ikora Rey’s mentor, Osiris, a legendary Warlock who was the most notorious Guardian in Vanguard history before he was banished. Fight alongside him on this journey through time and space and prevent the Vex’s nefarious plans.

2. The Jak and Daxter Collection

Reunite with the platforming duo in a trio of action-packed adventures in the Jak and Daxter Collection. Experience four PlayStation 2 classic hits — Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Jak 3 and Jak X: Combat Racing — fully remastered in high definition and in stereoscopic 3D.

3. Dead Rising 4: Frank’s Big Package

The heroic war photojournalist is back, as Frank West returns to the site in which Capcom’s comedic zombie battler began: the Willamette shopping mall! Tackle the undead in an open world using any and every item you can get your hands on!

• Why you should play it: Thanks to a generous selection of costumes that offer a warm nod to the publisher’s iconic back catalogue, transform Frank into your favourite Capcom hero and unleash a wide array of zombie-crushing – and instantly recognisable – moves.
  • More info: Dead Rising 4: Frank’s Big Package is coming to PS4 on 5th December
  • Available: Wednesday 6th December

4. A Hat in Time

A Hat in Time is probably the cutest 3D platformer you’ve seen in awhile. Hat Kid is a tiny space-travelling girl with a big top hat. When her fuel, the Time Pieces, is lost and scattered across a nearby planet, she goes on to stitch special hats and use their awesome powers to collect the Pieces back. With its witty writing, over the top voice acting, and adorable characters, A Hat in Time promises you a fun-filled and colourful adventure.

5. Invector

First announced two years ago at Paris Game Week, Invector is now ready to take off! Avicii’s stylish rhythm game will take you through stunning worlds across multiple tracks from the acclaimed DJ.

psvita

PS4 DLC

5th December

6th December

Enjoy!

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store on your mobile, tablet or computer.

What did you think about this story?
35 Comments
0 Author replies

Any date for Va1ha11a on the vita

thanks

Can anybody help me with contacting SONY suport? I have problems with setting up VR. When I try to add permissions for family member (in playstation network portal) after choosing the family member and choosing ‘allow’ for this permission I simply get an empty page with “ERROR OCCURED” in the middle (no other explaination). There is COMPLETELY NO WAY to contact suport on the PlayStation Network portal. You can only choose from categories from which NONE APPLIES to my problem. I have found somewhere that you can post the question on twitter but I DO NOT USE TWITTER.

I AM FURIOUS! THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE AN ENTERTAINMENT? First 6 hours waiting for updates to download, later no possibility to login (‘are you a robot’ wanting me to work for 20 minutes as a mechanical turk choosing road signs) and finally when I have reached the correct PlayStation network portal: an ERROR message with completely no explaination.

And completely NO WAY to contact suport.

Please contact me at my email ...

Show full comment

And completely NO WAY to contact suport.

Please contact me at my email address damago1@gmail.com with any instructions on how to report a ticket in my case.

interstella5555 05 December, 2017 @ 09:37
2.2

Pick up a phone. Also probably not the best idea to put your email address up pubically

He’s too FURIOUS to google the number

Show more replies

A hat in time! This has been a long 2 months from the PC release and 7? From the initial kickstarter. Yay

Carnivius_Prime 04 December, 2017 @ 21:17
3.1

I may get that. Looks charming.

Good week I will be getting dead riseing 4 on ps4 on Disc. I got I used own jak and dexter on ps2 but know I got Jak and dexter hd collection for PS3 so I stick to that and also own jak x for ps2 so no need get that agian since no online support for that game.

Will be picking up Dead Rising 4 but not sure digital anyone, know ho much the digital price on PSN will be ?. Cause ive seen online for £28 physical version with free p&p

StevenJamesHyde 05 December, 2017 @ 08:32
5.1

It’s £45 to buy digitally. May I recommend the even cheaper option of not buying it at all, and preserving your memories of when the series used to be good

interstella5555 05 December, 2017 @ 09:40
5.2

Agreed, don’t buy into this rushed release bullcrap. Less than a year to make from start to finish, reused assets and a return to old mechanics.

Carnivius_Prime 04 December, 2017 @ 21:10

As someone who got Jak & Daxter for free (which was odd cos I thought that was just for people pre-ordering Uncharted Lost Legacy, when I got Lost Legacy for free cos I had the Explorer pass or whatever the heck it was I bought on Uncharted 4 last year) I’m wondering which will be the most cost-effective option, Jak 2, 3, X all seperate or the J&D collection

I’m more concerned that the Store simply won’t let you buy the bundle because “Already in your possession: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy”. Which would cause a lot of backlash and displeased customers but would be a typical Sony thing to do.

Sony support will remove a title from your library where such purchasing obstructions exist.

Carnivius_Prime 05 December, 2017 @ 11:18
6.3

Yes I had that happen when I had Sly Cooper HD on pS3 for free and then wanted to buy the trilogy which I couldn’t until I contacted Sony customer support and they fixed it. :)

Show more replies
mschulze01010111 04 December, 2017 @ 22:30

omg we’re finally getting the persona 5 christmas dlc! US got it ages ago!

and there’s additional dlc for DR4?! i thought all DLC would be included!

XtianHawkGamer 05 December, 2017 @ 07:42

The link to Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition takes you to the standard edition of the game. Careful not to purchase it by accident.

Not only excited for Curse of Osiris, but also buying A Hat in Time and Jak and Daxter collection (which I hopefully can buy as a bundle despite owning the first game). Happy Holidays fellow gamers.

Carnivius_Prime 05 December, 2017 @ 11:19
9.1

Refreshingly positive and friendly post. :P

Jak and Daxter:The Precursor Legacy is brilliant (nice art, great humour and a competent platformer) but J&D 2 & 3 are joyless spin-offs that bear no resemblance to the original.

Get J&D 1 @ CDKeys for a couple of quid ;)

10.1

Couldn’t agree more loved the first. Hated the others

SasukeUchihaDono 05 December, 2017 @ 08:57

Can you tell me if the Jak and Daxter bundle will also have dubbing in other languages?(FR, DE, ES, IT)

Odd release dates :S Store updates on Tuesday but some release on Wed, Thurs and Fri ?

Incidentally, we still didn’t get the Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age Eruyt Village Theme

Does anyone know how much A Hat in Time and Tokyo Xanadu ex+ are going to cost?

Dead Rising 4:

Why you shouldn’t play it:

Not even close as good as Dead Rising 3.

14.1

But DR 3 isn’t out for PS4 so it’s an alternative.

I’d love to play DR3 but I’m not buying an Xone Just for the privelage. I’ll buy DR4 on disc too as it’s much cheaper and I’ve read mixed reviews.

14.3

I played 4 on Xbox one. It’s good fun but I gave up about 2 thirds in as it’s just too samey

DAVIDOSCLAY995 05 December, 2017 @ 15:25

Hey! Sony and Naughty dog forgot to put Jak and Daxter the lost frontier and Daxter to the ps4

15.1

Nope. They didn’t make either of them. Plus I’m pretty sure Daxter was PSP only

DAVIDOSCLAY995 09 December, 2017 @ 23:07
15.2

Well I hope Daxter will come back in Ps4 or Psvita

DAVIDOSCLAY995 05 December, 2017 @ 15:52

Hey Sony Playstation can you bring ps2 classic Herdy Gerdy, Fur fighters, Gregory horror show, Ape escape 3, Ape academy 1 and 2, Ape escape on the loose, Ape escape Pumped and prime, and Ape guest to Ps4 please.

Edit history