Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and Batman: The Telltale Series join PlayStation Plus in January

PlayStation VR shooter StarBlood Arena also joins the line-up as a bonus title

Good afternoon, folks! To those who celebrate it, we hope you’re having a very merry Christmas, whatever you’re getting up to and, to those who don’t, we hope you’re enjoying a very well-earned seasonal break.

Between all the new games Santa dropped down the chimney this week and the hundreds of sweet deals currently available in the PlayStation Store January Sale perhaps you figured you had enough games to be getting on with. Well, perhaps, but it is the season of excess – so here are a few more for you to get stuck into.

Here’s January’s PlayStation Plus line-up, available for download from 2nd January:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

Brought to you by a voice so rough and gritty it makes even sandpaper blush, we have the continuing adventures of Swiss army security specialist Adam Jensen.

Hot off the back of his adventures in 2011’s Deux Ex: Human Revolution, the ultra-augmented corporate henchman returns to Prague as tensions between humans and ‘augs’ reach boiling point.

Building on the hybrid stealth-action gameplay of the original, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided holds true to its gritty tech-noir roots, taking a Jensen (with all his trademark reluctance) through another explosive story of corruption, greed and subterfuge.

Batman: The Telltale Series

Sticking closely to the theme of brooding antiheroes who’ve got more needless gadgets than an Amazon wish list, we have the big man himself: Bruce Wayne.

Last year, Telltale Games brought their inimitable comic-book style to the DC Universe, delivering a completely original story driven by player choice, branching narratives and careful investigation.

Taking on the alternating roles of billionaire playboy and caped crusader, work to uncover the culprit behind an escalating tide of crime that’s gripped the city, contending with familiar foes like Catwoman and The Penguin as you prowl the night.

Told in five successive episodes, the outcomes are dictated by how you choose to play: cowled avenger or charismatic businessman, there’s more than one to be the Batman.

PS Plus Bonuses: StarBlood Arena and That’s You!

January’s PS Plus line-up also plays host to two further bonus titles: StarBlood Arena for PS VR and That’s You! for PlayLink.

StarBlood Arena places you inside the cockpit of a miniature battle pod and invites you to test your mettle in a lawless competition where only the most skilled pilots earn a shot at intergalactic glory.

Developed exclusively for PlayStation VR, StarBlood Arena places you at the centre of the action, trading shots with your enemies in a wide open arena that allows for 360-degrees of movement. Take part in Carnage deathmatches, Team Carnage deathmatches for up to four players, or Invaders co-op mode – everything you do will earn you glory, credits and a shot at intergalactic fame.

As with months previous, PlayLink title That’s You! will also continue in the monthly line-up for those of you who haven’t had a chance to grab it yet.

An irreverent party quiz for you and up to five friends or family, That’s You! invites players to find out what they really think of each other. With your TV, PS4 and a tablet or smartphone in hand, answer over 1,000 funny questions, take part in daring doodle challenges, snap selfies for photo challenges and more.

Anything else?

Yup, just like always, January’s line-up will be rounded off with two additional titles each for PS3 and PS Vita. The final rundown is as follows:

• Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PS4)
  • Batman: The Telltale Series (PS4)
  • StarBlood Arena (PS Plus bonus – PS VR required)
  • That’s You! (PS Plus bonus – PlayLink)
  • Sacred 3 (PS3)
  • Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS3)
  • Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness (PS Vita)
  • Uncanny Valley (PS Vita & PS4)

All the above (except for That’s You, which is available to download now) will be available on PlayStation Store from 2nd January. That gives you a few more days, if you need them, to pick up December’s titles:

• Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition (PS4)
  • Kung Fu Panda: Showdown of the Legendary Legends (PS4)
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood (PS Plus bonus – PS VR Required)
  • That’s You! (PS Plus bonus – PlayLink)
  • Xblaze Lost: Memories (PS3)
  • Syberia Collection (PS3)
  • Forma 8 (PS Vita & PS4)
  • Wanted Corp (PS Vita)
0 Author replies

Nice selection and glad to see more PSVR titles!

Batman: The Telltale Series + Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness. Nice line-up for me.

Wish everyone has a happy end of 2017 and best game life in 2018.

That’s a good month all round. Do we get the Warframe bonus like US?

I already have Mankind Divided, but as a long-time fan of adventure games, I’m happy with Batman, Book of Unwritten Tales and Psycho-Pass! Sacred 3 also seems worth a try, so no complaints here! Happy holidays!

It is indeed a great month and even though I already have the game I’m happy that others get to experience it through PS+. I am disappointed however that we no longer get discounted DLC when a game is given away. This always happened when Ross McGrath was head of PS+ and was a nice consolation for those who already owned the games being given away. I distinctly remember buying the Deus Ex Human Revolution DLC in these circumstances. Any chance you can start doing this again please Sony? It’s an olive branch to those who supported the game by buying it early in the first place, right? Thanks for listening.

Batman from Telltale, the first season, is currently discounted with the second season, as a bundle, on January Sale. Getting greedy again, Sony…?

Greedy? That’s funny coming from someone who is only paying around £4 per month for their subscription and is still expecting full price games… 😉

Did you understand my message?

Sony promised, a few years ago, they won’t be giving games to PS+, which are currently on sale or were on the last sale, just before new IGC.

And Batman is on the January sale, with the second season, but still.

When did they stopped being greedy?

I already have some of these on Xbox One, 360 and PS4, but still a good month. Far better than this month.

Thumbs up then.

Great month, need to finally play human revolution. Are we going to get psycho pass on both ps vita and ps4? On Us blog it says they re getting it in a cross buy, and I wonder if it s a mistake or if we ll get it like that as well.

Certainly can’t moan. Good selection. Already played batman and I have deus ex on disc but okay games for ps3 and psycho pass for vita! Chuck in starblood arena for VR as well. Need to quickly flog my sealed copy of that

Won’t Psycho-pass be available for ps4 as well?

Anyway, great month. Will definitely try out uncanny Valley, and hopefully Psycho-pass.

Psycho Pass PS4 is now available for free in the US so it should be free here soon too.

I’ve got Batman but I will be very happy indeed to try Psycho-Pass and Deux Ex. For me personally, this justifies the price hike. Thanks Sony.

Disgraceful. When I commented before it said Psycho Pass was on PS4 as well. Now you’ve edited the info after posting. Underhanded and disappointing.

This just isn’t True, I saw this post yesterday when their was 0 replies and the first thing I asked my Mrs was ‘did you buy psycho pass on vita or ps4?’ She said ‘vita’ and I said damn we are getting the vita version on ps plus next month but no sign of ps4′.

And 1 min before your original post someone replied asking about PS4 version because they never mentioned the ps4 version in the blog.

I also remember PSYCHO-PASS being originally announced as a cross-buy title with the PS4 version included.

Even the video on YouTube mentions that.

Show more replies

Happy with this selection. The VR game Starblood Arena is one I’ve had my eye one but not picked up, so looking forward to that.

Will also be checking out the Batman game. Deus Ex I’ve never really got into but that’s just me. Looks good.

In the USA PS blog they say that Psycho-Pass will be available also for PS4. Why in EU it does not?

Wow, saves me a whole 10 euro’s on Mankind Divided :o If only the season pass would go on sale.

Great start of the year but I got Deus Ex Mankind and not instrested in batman telletales game. Is going be ps store update next week. Anyways happy new year hope 2018 be another great year for PlayStation Games agian 😀

Meh, but most people seem happy and i am drowning in great games. Its all good.

Already got Deus Ex, Telltale games are just rubbish. Let me know when they learn to make real, COMPLETE games.

And stop trying to push that Playlink rubbish, it’s a pointless gimmick that clearly isn’t working.

You sound like a fun guy. I bet everyone loves to hangout with you.

PlayLink games are actually pretty fun. They are pretty dependant on having real friends though so they may not be right for you.

They could use an online multiplayer mode. Why limit them to local coop? Especially the trivia type games.

Great month for me personally. Not played Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Have played and enjoyed Batman and just got season 2 for Christmas. Starblood was one title I planned on getting for my newly bought PSVR.

Not bad this month, PS4 offerings are solid, Psycho pass is a good choice for Vita (about time) and might even give Sacred 3 a go.

Be nice if Vita’s games weren’t clearly picked to pad out the PS4’s selection with cross-buy but oh well…

Carnivius_Prime 27 December, 2017 @ 18:04

Ehhhh… not really my kind of thing. I find Deus Ex games pretty horrible, and Telltale stuff very dull but that’s just my tastes. I’ve been having fun with previous months games like Darksiders 2 in the most recent one (which runs fine on my PS4). Got plenty to play from the sales and stuff anyways. :D

MiseryPrincess 27 December, 2017 @ 21:01

For once we agree on something! The Deus Ex games are pretty boring, and this one isn’t even complete (nor is it ever being finished) with the crappy short story ending about half way through.

To be fair the Batman games are probably one of the better Telltale titles though.

Carnivius_Prime 28 December, 2017 @ 14:12

I’ll probably play the Batman one cos at leasts a franchise I like in general (unlike Walking Dead, Game of Thrones and such) but it’s not my kind of game anymore. I had more patience when I was a younger and played Monkey Island and Indiana Jones and all that. These days I like more action. :P

MiseryPrincess 29 December, 2017 @ 22:37

There’s QTEs!

As a fair warning if you’re into the franchise, it’s a “different” retelling of established events, and there are a few times when the established characters go (and start) waaaay off the rails. But it’s probably worth a play during a slow time when you only have energy for a few button presses!

Really good month, only question is psycho-pass is on ps4 and vita in the us , what’s the deal with us not getting that too?

Both Deus Ex and Telltale’s Batman are amazing games, worth playing. Not to mention PS3 owners are also getting something good.

PS. Any chance EU would get Azure Nights that JAP had received some time ago?

Amazing?? You are actually using that word? smh

already got deus ex: mankind divided, the loading times in that game made me quit playing it altogether. but i’ve been meanig to get back to it one day, that day ain’t gonna come though :P

don’t care for batman or tellytally games either..

I have finished and platted it but sold the disc, so its nice to have the game back and maybe i will buy season pass if price go down. Not bad month, not bad at all.

Not a bad start to 2018 with PS Plus.

Playstation Plus rocks last few month thats for sure, sales were dissapointment for me but plus on contrary made me really happy

So an unfinished game which doesn’t even have half the story, includes one use ammo microtransactions and was so badly received the series was cancelled. Then another thing that isn’t really a game (but is mostly good, ignoring certain rather questionable moments).

Oh well, at least Monster Hunter comes out in January.

If talking about Deus Ex mankind your wrong sqaureenix didn’t cancel the game because I look up on games news that sqaureenix going bring back Deus Ex but at moment getting ideas but not doing anything at moment because team doing a avengers game do really Deus Ex not dead.

Not very impressive to me, if you have more than just a Playstation 4 this release is /careface.

So deus ex is not avilable in the saudi arabian store. Are we getting another game instead of it ?

You get; Oppression ;-)

A good selection, I already have the ps4 games but will be easier to have digital Deus ex. Looking forward to psycho pass but sounds like more euro dodgy practices going on

Well pleased with the PS4 selection but they may as well knock the PS3 games on the head at this point and offer more for PS4 and Vita.

Should only be PS4, for long by now. It has the largest public and is the most relevant and modern. But this way they can snag, the what? 1 percent that’s still on PS3 but not PS4 as well, into subbing too… I can see no other sensible reason why the rest of us only get 2 relevant games out of 6 every month, other than making the numbers look bigger…

Am extremely disappointed in Sony, first you put Deus ex for sale pre Xmas which I bought and now you put that [DELETED] out for free !?!? Seriously ???

Loyalty obviously does not pay off when it comes to sony

Solution: Cancel your subscription. You still own the game. Yay, value!

I held off buying anything from the PSN sale for the very reason that some of the games may have been included as January’s PS+ games.

Lesson learned?

Sometimes I buy games from the PS store and a month later an unnanounced PC port is released.

Show more replies

i dont get it my country is actually in asia only 3% is in europe so why do i get the european plus games i want to get the asian plus games it doesnt matter for this month because they get the same but in december they got ratchet&clank/knack and also they get the plus games europe gets usually always couple months earlier .. and yeah sorry for my english its not my native language

Meh…Average stuff. Starblood arena only the highlight for me because new shiny PSVR :)

Great games! Woohoo!😉🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I have to be fair, the PS4 selections are great, but yeah, like usually I own them then… So just another month of overpriced but barely decent online gaming for me on PS4. Once again I beg of you to get rid of online costs, or at the very least stop combining them with this service. Why am I being forced into this just because I want to get online? Just because the PS+ fanboys love your service doesn’t mean the rest of us do. So how is it fair that they basically get it extra on a service they were going to get anyway, and we have to pay for the whole thing, just to get the extra? I still have hope for this company. Please don’t let gaming continue to deteriorate to cash grabs and profits over basic respect for your paying customers and gaming in general. Make a stand that actually betters the gaming market, like you did with PS3.

So Psycho-Pass is cross buy with PS4 in US but not here?

They get a Warframe booster pack, but not us?

What gives? Aren’t we paying for the same service here?

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 02 January, 2018 @ 12:27 Edited

We got Warframe Bootser Pack since November 2016 in the EU store:

Are we sure it wasn’t a mistake in the US PS Blog about PSYCHO-PASS? If they get it cross-buy there and not for EU store then this truly very unfair !

Yes, I am aware of that bundle, but they launched another one this week; the PlayStation Plus Booster Pack II Bundle for warframe.

We don’t have that one here.

Plenty of people on the US blog complaining that PS4 Psycho Pass is not available. There seems to be quite a bit of confusion about it.

Show more replies
THE-PLASTICA-MAN 02 January, 2018 @ 12:26

PSYCHO-PASS is not cross-buy in the store, sorry! Happy new year.

Deus Ex is still a no-show!!!

waiting for it to re-play it.

You guys aren’t getting it.

What do you mean by “You guys”??

and why we aren’t getting it??

cuz that would be inappropriate.

Nothing offensive, just an easy friendly way to describe people in another territory other than mine. I really should’ve elaborated in this case.

I just heard that the content wouldn’t be made available in your territory.

Hi Sony, just tried to dl Deus Ex today, purchased on ps plus, prompted to insert disc? No download ability. Please help. Thanks

Try doing a licence restore, under settings>account management.

That usually works when purchased games don’t wanna play nice.

Try delete your game and then try download again in your libery

Nice – Thanks for Deus Ex :)

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 04 January, 2018 @ 07:01 Edited

PSYCHO-PASS is available now for PS4 in the US region. We need that now for everyone in the EU zone too.

I really hope you would reconsider making it available for us. Thanks.

MonsieurKoala 04 January, 2018 @ 13:35

Great lineup !

However, how could Psycho-pass PS4 be included in the US lineup and not in ours?

No Warframe booster pack II for the EU?

why is the American PlayStation able to play cross-play with psyco-pass game on ps4 and we from Europe can. in your discription said psvita crossplay with ps4 …. do not we pay for the plus subscription on it ????

Psycho-Pass is free for PS4 in US. Why did they not do the same in the EU?

Carnivius_Prime 06 January, 2018 @ 09:42

Tried the Batman game. It’s kinda boring. I don’t like Telltale games stuff.

Deus Ex ain’t fun either.

Yeah this is probably my least fave month in years.

What we got to do for us reseve psyco-pass like the players from US???? Are the Europe players less then they???? We are the same players we pay more and reseve less…

Agus Mulyadi

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history