Posted

Praise the sun! Dark Souls: Remastered is coming to PS4 on 25th May

First details on the long-requested remaster, including PS4 Pro and multiplayer enhancements

Hello everyone, this is Kasumi Yogi from Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc., and we are excited to light the bonfire once again with Dark Souls: Remastered.

What does Dark Souls: Remastered bring to the table for long-time fans of the critically-acclaimed action role-playing game series? You can return to Lordran to re-experience the original Dark Souls in 4K resolution when playing on PS4 Pro.

Whether you’re a die-hard fan of the Dark Souls series, or someone looking to take their first plunge into the series, you can experience an epic, dark fantasy universe stricken by the Curse in stunning, high-definition detail running at 60 FPS. Explore and build your character to create a unique gameplay experience with a wide variety of weapons, armour, and magic. Do you want to mercilessly slash away at your enemies, or devastate them with powerful spells? I say: why not both?

Not only are the graphics getting an upgrade, but fans of the multiplayer experience in Dark Souls are also getting a treat in Dark Souls: Remastered. Instead of 1-4 players, six people can gather to either support or betray each other, finding a home among nine covenants online with dedicated servers. Which allegiance will you choose?

In this world, death is to be expected. From your first steps to complete mastery, refine your skills in battle. Learn to strategise freely and experience the rewarding taste of overcoming fearsome, daunting foes!

We can’t wait for you to roll and fight your way through powerful demons and tricky traps in Dark Souls: Remastered on 25th May, 2018.

Just remember: You are never truly safe in the world of Lordran.

57 Comments
0 Author replies
Gamesgbkiller 11 January, 2018 @ 14:46

60 FPS is not only for PS4 Pro, right?

From what I understand only 4K and HDR is for PS4 PRO. 60FPS should also be on regular PS4.

Doesn’t make sense to me. Regular PS4 is able to render HDR also. Fake news man! 😄

YEEES !!! Now we “only” need news on Bloodborne 2 ;P

No we don’t. I hope the new game isnt BloodBorne 2.

I wouldn’t mind. I rather have BB2 than Tenchu or whatever. :)

But I’m pretty sure we wont see BB2 before PS5 to be honest.

2.3

You mean demon’s souls remasterd

Show more replies

Was looking for the magical word “60 fps”

You have delivered. Day one for 60fps that’s mainly what i care about in remasters :)

Yeah man, Smough in 60fps 😱

What about the DLC? Ist it included?

4.1

Pretty sure it’s included. Dark Souls 2 remastered on PS4 was including all released DLC so it would be stupid not to do the same with this game.

Yes. DLC is included.

Thanks thanks thanks! The best developers of all time! And Yes, the new Bloodborne is very much anticipated….

MiseryPrincess 12 January, 2018 @ 04:09
5.1

You mean the trailer for a “new Bloodborne” that very, very, veeery likely isn’t a Bloodborne at all?

\[T]/

My heart embered again!! 💥

StevenJamesHyde 11 January, 2018 @ 15:18

60fps! Even in Blighttown?

*only when looking at the floor :P

No otherwise it won’t be authentic. 6fps is the way to go!

MiseryPrincess 12 January, 2018 @ 04:52
8.3

By “6” you mean 0.6 right?

It also needs to play a really, really loud PS3 fan noise over everything.

Great news but what’s the chances of a Demon’s Souls Remaster?

StevenJamesHyde 11 January, 2018 @ 15:23

Fingers crossed the trilogy SE is coming west… otherwise I’ll just have to import it I guess… https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/43/434805/3339100-screen+shot+2018-01-11+at+14.44.52.png

10.1

Of course it will. They will miss out on a LOT of $$ or €€ or whatever if they don’t! (I WANT ONE!) :D

10.2

Yeah man, I will sell a kidney and buy the box!

I love you, FROM SOFTWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What about DLC? Will it be complete or just basic game?

12.1

Yup, DLC is included.

Now if only Sony could remaster Demon’s Souls and stop acting like Disney used to act about X-Men when Fox owned the movie rights.

Have the whole series on one system.

Carnivius_Prime 11 January, 2018 @ 15:35

Oh I dunno. I’ve never played Dark Souls but I got Demon Souls on PS Plus PS3 and it was awful and I bought Bloodborne purely just to play 2 player with a friend (before finding out how much of a chore that was to even set up) and hated that game to bits as found it tedious and ugly. So… not sure I’d like this series.

StevenJamesHyde 11 January, 2018 @ 16:01
14.1

Yeah, it’s probably not for you. Not to worry, there’s plenty of other great games out there, you don’t have to like them all

Lol you suck. Dont play games.

And lol its not “awful” the one who is awful is you.

14.3

The game doesn’t suck. It means it is not for you and it did not click your buttons.

Show more replies
blacksheepwall_ 11 January, 2018 @ 15:48

This makes me happy.

Never played this on PS3 so will be picking it up. Don’t care about 4K though, still pointless for a system that can’t really handle it properly.

now we just need Demon’s Souls for PS4 <3

17.1

Ooooh yes. I never played that gem 💎

frost-facechilla 11 January, 2018 @ 15:58

So excited. Of course I’m still holding out for Demon’s Souls remaster but a Dark Souls remaster is very much appreciated. My day was pretty boring up until this news dropped.

Will the game downsample for 1080p displays on Pro?

PSYCHOKILLER_77 12 January, 2018 @ 00:30

Souls collection almost complete on PS4. Now about that sweet DeS remaster eh FROM, i know you want it.

SAME TREATMENT FOR DEMONS SOULS PLEASE!!!!

MiseryPrincess 12 January, 2018 @ 04:19

The problem really is, this game hasn’t aged terribly well, and not just because of the graphics. They need to at least add in things that the sequels have added in, like multiple item using, unhollowing wherever, and fix some of the broken mechanics like humanity stacking. Of course i’d rather they didn’t add the “poise” of DS3, and button mashing of Bloodborne, but still, there’s a ton of obvious improvements.

It would also be nice to redo some of the boss fights so they’re not quite so easy and exploitable and fix certain elements. I still want the game, buuut, a “directors cut” remixed game with the enemies moved, items moved and redone (or added) elements and balance would be waaay more exciting.

Great news! I can finally let go of my PS3 which I was keeping just for Dark Souls.

Whilst I would definitely like to see a Demon’s Souls remaster only if it included new content like a 6th Archstone I think it’s better to have fresh games so my hope is still to see a Bloodbourne sequel.

From what I’ve read FROM are actually rebuilding the game in their latest version of their engine from DS3, rather then just a simple resolution and fps bump (unlike the Devil May Cry 1-3 remaster incoming), so with any luck your wishes might get answered!

Looking forward to taking on the Great Grey Wolf Sif again myself, one of my fav boss fights of the series (O&S are a given).

First HDR is mentioned, now it’s deleted.

So… Does this include HDR or not?

Would be cool if it does, as it would make certain areas even more special.

Just what we need, more overpriced last-gen remasters. Just play your last-gen console if you’re up for nostalgia instead of supporting this. The original game always feels better than some remaster made by some other team.

26.1

So you already know the price? Don’t buy it, no one is twisting your arm

JediKnight246 12 January, 2018 @ 17:10
26.2

Who is “we”? If you don’t want remasters just don’t play them and don’t take the choice away from other people. I have Assassin’s Creed Rogue on PS3 and it doesn’t bother me in the slightest that a PS4 version has been announced, it just means more people can play it now. Not everyone had a PS3 or 360 last-gen or wants to have multiple consoles. For some the PS4 is their first console, and they would rather not buy a PS3 just for one game when they can get Dark Souls 1-3 on the PS4 they already own.

26.3

Right, they would rather buy their entire previous libraries over again, just because they’re in HD and got trophies now Oo (eventhough they look and feel worse since they’re made by some remaster developer)… As for the younger people, why would they care about an old game they never experienced? It doesn’t have the nostalgia factor going for them.

I can guess the price’ll be around 30 euros, which is half the price of an actual new, modern game. Anything over 10 euros for a simple remaster (not a remake!) is overpriced in my book. And easy money, since they don’t have to create anything, make up a story or characters, just copy and paste for the most part. And don’t worry, I’m not buying it ;)

Show full comment

Also, I’m not necessarily saying it bothers me or I want to take the choice away from others, I just personally believe those are resources, time and people that could be better spent on new games as opposed to copy and paste remasters (especially of last-gen games that are barely 10 years old and in most aspects entirely the same as current games). I’d have more respect for actual remakes that have to make some changes as opposed to simple copy and paste (like I’d love to see MGS1 remade entirely so it looks and feels like a modern game). That would actually be worth 30 euros.

Show more replies

No one said anything about buying entire libraries again. If a game is an older game now that doesn’t mean it’s not still worth playing. There’s clearly plenty of interest in Dark Souls on PS4. Remasters are often handled by outside studios so don’t take anything away from new games.

Show full comment

hakhakk69

The. Best. Game. Ever. Made.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history