Posted

Knack and Rime are your PlayStation Plus games for February

PS VR shooter StarBlood Arena will also be available all throughout February

Chin up, everyone: as of tomorrow January is officially over. From here on in the days get longer, nights shorter and, with any luck, people will stop asking if you managed to stick to this year’s resolutions.

Thank goodness! It’s time to look ahead to February, which is already peppered with some fantastic game releases, but – as ever – no month is complete without a fresh line up of PS Plus games. So, let’s dive in:

Knack

In the infamous words of Jurassic Park’s Dr Ian Malcolm, “well, there it is.” A fan-favourite of early PlayStation 4 adopters, the loveable shape-shifting Knack has been a hotly requested PS Plus title since the very beginning of the generation. Next month, he’ll finally get his time to shine.

For the uninitiated, Knack follows the action-platforming capers of loveable title character Knack as he fights to defend mankind in an ongoing war against the Goblins. Spawned from the mysterious power of an ancient relic, Knack has the unique ability to take on extra mass as he moves around the world – starting as a three-foot tall platforming pip-squeak and growing all the way into an earth-shaking titan.

If you have fun with it, why not try out the sequel, which launched late last year?

RiME

Next up is the stunning platform-adventure RiME. Tequila Works’ ambitious production finally arrived on PS4 last year to a great deal of very hard-earned and well-deserved praise.

Taking inspiration from classics like Journey and Shadow of the Colossus, RiME conjures an aesthetically breathtaking world for you to explore. From lavish beaches to sunken temples; ancient structures to dizzying cliff-sides, each new environment unfolds seamlessly from the last, pulling you ever deeper into its tale.

PS Plus bonus: StarBlood Arena

Continuing from January’s line-up, you’ll be able to pick up PlayStation VR multiplayer shooter Starblood Arena all next month as well.

StarBlood Arena places you inside the cockpit of a miniature battle pod and invites you to test your mettle in a lawless competition where only the most skilled pilots earn a shot at intergalactic glory.

StarBlood Arena places you at the centre of the action, trading shots with your enemies in a wide open arena that allows for 360° of movement. Take part in deathmatches for up to four players, or check out Invaders co-op mode – everything you do will earn you glory, credits and a shot at intergalactic fame.

Anything else?

Here’s how the full February line-up looks:

All the above will be available to download on PlayStation Store from 6th February, so in the meantime, why not check out January’s line up and make sure you didn’t miss anything:

112 Comments
0 Author replies
rayna-monique 31 January, 2018 @ 16:31

Knack is boring

Knack is life

rayna-monique 31 January, 2018 @ 16:36
1.2

No it’s not it’s not a bad a game but it’s not a good game but I got bored of it

LittleBlueAlien 31 January, 2018 @ 17:02
1.3

you’re boring!!!! :P

Show more replies

HERE COMES DA MONEY

European_Gamer 31 January, 2018 @ 17:53
2.1

Knack is fun, especially with a friend.

rayna-monique 31 January, 2018 @ 16:32

But wanting to play rime

It’s finally happened then. Knack is a PS Plus game. :P At least it’s done now for those who haven’t got it, and out of the way at last for those who already have or do not want it.

Might try RIME but the games it mentions it’s inspired by (Journey and SotC) are not games I enjoy so I may not like it but I’ll try it anyways cos it’s free. :)

Oh! Vita version of Exile’s End! I loved it on PS4 but was disappointed it wasn’t crossbuy. Now I get Vita version for free so I’m happy. :)

Grand Kingdom is definitely not for me but fans of tactical RPGs will probably love it.

4.1

Rime is definitely worth playing. I loved it.

One of my favorites from last year in fact

4.2

Just finished Rime. What an amazing work of art. Loved every second of it.

haha

Meh. Grand Kingdom it is then…

Finally the people who wanted Knack on PS+ will have a new campaign, Knack 2 for PS+!

Cold! Not Knack… oh wait…

I’ve wanted to play RIME – finally a game I want to play that I’ve not bought already! :)

IT’S KNACK BABBBYYYYYYY

9.1

IT’S A MASTAHPIECE

KNACK BABY also rime is good

Grand Kingdom is a nice surprise

Knack isn’t.

“Knack has been a hotly requested PS Plus title since the very beginning of the generation”

Lol I’m pretty sure it’s a meme because it’s so bad. You sure squeezed every penny out of it before you gave it on plus, 5 years after launch and here it is!

11.1

4 years and 2 months does not equal 5 years lol.

Its so bad? No, you have just been led to believe that. Its actually fairly okay with some

great platforming

actual skill required combat unlike QTE garbage like Ryse

great voice cast with Travis Willingham, Jennifer Hale and Laura Bailey who all reprise their roles in the sequel because, again, the series isn’t as bad as you people apparently want it to be.

amazing presentation and fast loading times (for example, if you die you don’t have to wait a minute to start playing again like Witcher 3 or Bloodborne, its literally 2 seconds.)

drop in drop out couch co-op

UH OH BABY HERE COMES KNACK

ZombieMeat666 31 January, 2018 @ 16:40

PS plus back to been absolutely terrible! All of those games are absolute trash… And shame on you for yet again putting a game (Knack) on plus that is currently on sale!! Why do such a thing?

Rime is awesome and you’re not ps+ so quit whining.

13.2

Your absolute trash.

LittleBlueAlien 31 January, 2018 @ 17:04
13.3

‘absolute trash’ – dramatic much?

Show more replies

Finally, Knack! This game took forever to show up on PS Plus.

Knack is kack, but Rime is absolutely brilliant. Well done.

KNACK BABEE!

Was about to buy rime the other day so chuffed with that too!

Knack isn’t great but, like many others have said, I’ve wanted to play Rime for a while now. Another platinum to add to the collection.

Hey, its pretty good!

people are happy about knack , lol

Excellent work reward for adding a game (Knack) that is currently on SALE for 7$!

LittleBlueAlien 31 January, 2018 @ 17:06
20.1

why do you care? You’re not PS Plus??

I am. Dunno why it doesn’t show it. Maybe privacy settings.

icecrasher_zero 31 January, 2018 @ 23:03
20.3

You will get it for free. What’s the problem?

Show more replies

You guys, I have to admit something… I don’t actually like Knack.

Knack…

The meme that never dies.

LittleBlueAlien 31 January, 2018 @ 17:03

quite happy with this selection!! Thanks!!!

Played Knack a while back when it got cheap and never finished it. I just remember the game feeling very repetitive. You start off small, grow to a giant & then the mission ends. then repeat all over again with different scenery.

Rime I have not played though so will give it a try.

24.1

Rime is a great game in my opinion.

Knack is very repetitive, the sequel is much better

24.2

Crash Bandicoot is very similar but you don’t grow before the end of every level. You might not like RIME either. You run around and jump alot in that game too.

Crash is different though, crash has that tough challenge side to it that makes you want to try harder next time. That and the missions are very short depending on how good you are so gives you a fair amount of variety.

And im not against games that run & jump. Ratchet & Clank aswell as Jak & Daxter and many other platformers I enjoy so long as they have some form of progression.

Rime is a great game. Bought it last year and couldn’t put it down.

Knack is finally on plus so thank God people will stop guessing it on PlayStation plus threads lol

25.1

Correct… if you don’t count the obvious switch to Knack 2.

What a Knacktastic lineup this month!

CoolRichy007UK 31 January, 2018 @ 20:19
26.1

Well that joke was knackered lol

Yey, a stupid meme was realized, everyone now rejoice because you can play a mediocre game!

On the other hand, Rime saves the month…

Knack is OK for anyone who still hasn’t tried it, it would have represented much better value to have reached Plus a couple of years ago though.

Rime is an interesting addition 😊

Rime and Grand Kingdom for me!

Finka_Karfein 31 January, 2018 @ 17:52

Awesome month for me. I was waiting for Knack to come to PS Plus and was interested in RiME since it’s similar to ICO.

I played Grand Kingdom beta on PS4 and would love to play on Vita. If time allows, I’ll also check out Mugen Souls (it’s cheap) and the sequel from PS+.

I was just on the verge of buying both Knack and Rime. Been thinking of Rime for quite some time, and already have Knack 2 so why not? But then I thought it would be stupid to buy them this late in the month. Because you never know what pops up on PS Plus, and now this. :-)

European_Gamer 31 January, 2018 @ 17:57

I got RIME immediately when I saw it was it was discounted last month. Well, never mind.

32.1

I would suggest not buying Indie games and smaller projects, resisting the urge saves money.

32.2

Yeah. I got burned by Titan Souls. I’ve moved on to Switch for indies.

I would be much happier with Sony if they would stop putting the next PS+ games on sales for the last 30 days.

I have subscribed to it from day one, and It’s a long time coming, and finally I can admit it without bias or petty excuses, but PS Plus is an absolutely useless pile of dog poop. I have six months until my sub ends, and will definitely not sub again! /popcorn

33.1

Cool story. /popcorn caretaker

Where’s the “thumbs down” button?..

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 31 January, 2018 @ 18:36

Thanks for the games but why isn’t Exile’s End cross-compatible offering the PS4 version too?

34.1

They want you to buy it to get it on the big screen? (Or get a Vita TV, lol)

Great set of games, exactly the caliber of game I want out of my monthly games. Too bad I own them both already.

So very disappointed…. The fake leak had atleast good games. Even tho I already own 1 of those

Remember everyone this article says Grand Kingdom for PS Vita and PS4 when it’s not a crossbuy game so take your screenshots and start complaining next Tuesday.

Yet another bad month for me. I have Knack digital. I have Rime on PC. I still don’t have a Playstation Plus icon.

I’d probably have a better month if I shat in my hand and looked for games in it.

nukualofaperson 31 January, 2018 @ 22:38
38.1

You should do that. I’m going to enjoy these games instead. I’m happy these are games my son could play as well.

38.2

Genuinely the only thing that made me smile since hearing the “free” “games” for feb news. Gracias amigo.:-)

CoolRichy007UK 31 January, 2018 @ 20:18

What rhymes with knack :D and yep another bad month y cant sony add 6 ps games a month and we pick 2 from the 6 or dnt they care about the gamers

Knack has been discounted more times than cheese at Tesco.

First time in a very long time I’m not completely disappointed, either because of no interest or already owning it. Don’t know if I’ll ever give Knack a try but at least it’s a full game that I don’t own yet for a change. But the real surprise for me is RIME. Has been on my list since reveal but it’s pretty expensive for a game I just wanted to give a try (all the more reason I’m surprised to see it here). This is basically the perfect fit for this kind of service for me, and I’m apparently very hard to please. It’s a game I genuinely want to play but haven’t gotten around to even buying it (which is rare for me).

Show full comment

This is the first time since Puppeteer (which was a last-gen title that I still wanted) that I’m actually glad to try something from PS+. I’ve been thinking it a lot lately, and I’m not a fan of indie in general, but I wouldn’t mind seeing some more indies again, especially the more expensive or better looking ones, if only for having a better chance of not owning it… A lot of those look like they’re worth a try but not at that price.

As always, I still plead for you to do the right thing and get rid of online costs or at the very least seperate it from PS+ so those of us who aren’t interested in PS+ can just pay for what we want, and PS+ can be all the better for it for being an optional service.

Really glad to see Rime there! Have wanted to play that game since the teaser/trailer way back when it was announced. Just never ended up buying it. Will definitely play it and bump it to the top of my “to play list’!!

Nobody going to mention Farcry being given away free to “new” members, not really fair to anyone who renews their membership when it actually runs out (1 month ago for me)

icecrasher_zero 31 January, 2018 @ 23:07

Grand Kingdom! I’ve been waiting for this title so long… Finally for free!

A good month Sony, thanks. I’ve barely touched PS+ freebies in the past few years because when good games were given away I already owned them. Not the case this time. I hope your content manager can maintain this level of quality or at least use it as a baseline. I’m a bit concerned about your FC4 promotion for new subscribers though. Don’t get me wrong, I already own the game. I’ll just never understand your marketing department’s obliviousness to the bad feeling this kind of divisive promotion was always going to create among a sizeable chunk of the community. It’s quite obvious from the comments above and also on Reddit, that the inevitable has happened. Why risk that when you could have just negotiated the giveaway for all PS+ users and got more goodwill/better press? Anyway, as I already said, this is a good month and you deserve some credit for it so thanks again.

Good month? Your tripping mate

45.2
Comment deleted

Terrible. Grand Kingdom and Rime are… alright, but everything else is trash.

NorthernFusion 01 February, 2018 @ 10:14
46.1

You’re trash.

Now Knack is out, can we start a campaign to get The Order on PS Plus? Not minded to shell out for a 5 hour game but wouldn’t mind it on PSPlus.

Return of the Knack.

You should remind people who missed it that Psycho Pass became a PS+ game on the PS4 too, in case anyone missed it.

(I mean even I got it and have no intention of playing it, but i’m sure someone out there who does missed it)

49.1

I played it and found it alright myself.

MiseryPrincess 05 February, 2018 @ 11:41
49.2

As someone who plays games mainly for the gameplay and visual/experience based narratives, I just find visual novels really really reeeally boring.

Unless of course I can sit there and poke fun at their ridiculousness with a friend. But i’m not sure anyone cares about this one.

Bag of excrement…🚶👎👎👎⚾️🥉☣️🤹 yet again.

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history