Posted

Monster Hunter: World was the best-selling game on PlayStation Store last month

Check out all the charts for January 2018 and find out where your favourite game landed

Time once again to look back at the movers and shakers on PlayStation Store. On PS4, Capcom’s epic beast-battler Monster Hunter: World tracked down the #1 spot, engaged it in combat and won the day. Kindred spirit Horizon Zero Dawn was not far behind in second place, thanks to a price promotion, and acclaimed anime tie-in Dragonball FighterZ debuted in 13th position.

Read on to find out how all the charts stacked up for January 2018:

PS4 games:

1. Monster Hunter: World (New)
  2. Horizon Zero Dawn (11)
  3. FIFA 18 (2)
  4. Gang Beasts (6)
  5. GTA V (4)
  6. Rocket League (8)
  7. Star Wars Battlefront 2 (1)
  8. Call of Duty: WWII (3)
  9. EA Sports UFC 2 (15)
  10. Need For Speed: Payback (5)
  11. Tom Clancy Rainbow Six Siege (13)
  12. Minecraft (18)
  13. Dragon Ball FighterZ (New)
  14. ARK: Survival Evolved (20)
  15. Gran Turismo Sport (17)
  16. Friday The 13th: The Game (Re-entry)
  17. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (19)
  18. Assassin’s Creed: Origins (7)
  19. Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice (RE)
  20. Watch Dogs 2 (RE)

PS VR games:

1. Superhot (1)
  2. Job Simulator (2)
  3. Rollercoaster Legends (4)
  4. Batman Arkham VR (5)
  5. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim VR (6)
  6. Arizona Sunshine (7)
  7. Everest VR (9)
  8. Robinson: The Journey (8)
  9. Until Dawn: Rush Of Blood (RE)
  10. Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes (RE)

DLC:

1. Fortnite – Standard Founder’s Pack (1)
  2. Call of Duty: WWII – The Resistance (New)
  3. Horizon Zero Dawn – The Frozen Wilds (6)
  4. Call of Duty: WWII – Season Pass (9)
  5. Assassin’s Creed Origins – The Hidden Ones (New)
  6. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege – Year 3 Pass (5)
  7. Rocket League – Fast & Furious ’99 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 (8)
  8. Rocket League – Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Car Pack (10)
  9. Fortnite – Deluxe Founder’s Pack (RE)
  10. ARK: Survival Evolved – Aberration (3)

PS Vita games:

1. Assassin’s Creed III Liberation (1)
  2. Need for Speed Most Wanted (2)
  3. Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth – Hacker’s Memory (New)
  4. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (5)
  5. Borderlands 2 (4)
  6. XCOM: Enemy Unknown Plus (6)
  7. Persona 4 Golden (9)
  8. Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (RE)
  9. Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens (8)
  10. Persona 4: Dancing All Night (7)
19 Comments
0 Author replies
jamie-sixtyfour 09 February, 2018 @ 14:24

Congrats to MH:W!

I would like to know who’s still buying GTA V though. C’mon people…

Carnivius_Prime 09 February, 2018 @ 15:43
1.1

Well there’s new PS4 owners every day and it’s a popular and very hyped up game even now. I dunno. I only install it when I know I’m gonna be playing the online bit with friends and then i delete it cos it’s about 60GB of precious hard drive space.

1.2

Games like GTA V and Skyrim don’t stop being relevant just because they’re older games now. Being on PS4 certainly helps their sales figures though. Between new PS4 owners and people who just haven’t gotten around to them yet, that’s a lot of potential players still. With all these 100+ hour games being released these days, people who have busy lives and not much time for gaming can’t always play them in the year they’re released in.

MiseryPrincess 09 February, 2018 @ 18:36
1.3

You don’t know the numbers needed to get into the charts. MHW could be 50,000 copies, then after that could be 500 copies to get anywhere (it’s not like anything else is going to be massively bought). So I could see those games selling 500-100 copies still!

Looking at DBZ rank, I’m wondering if those charts are for the UK only ? I always assumed it was for the whole Europe but if France, Spain or Italia were included here, DBZ would probably be higher (it’s #2 in the US). The UK on the other hand does not have the same passion for anime, which would explain the DBZ rank here. Can we have a clarification about this ?

Carnivius_Prime 09 February, 2018 @ 15:46
2.1

I used to love anime in the 90s.. always hated Dragonball Z though… maybe it’s just cos I saw so much superior anime first?

2.2

I love anime in general as well but never liked DBZ. Too much steroids and machismo for my liking. I always considered it an anime for younger people.

X_Blood_Curse_X 09 February, 2018 @ 15:41

It won’t sell well on a console they said

MiseryPrincess 09 February, 2018 @ 18:38
3.1

Amusingly it’s already outsold Monster Hunter 3 and 4, and it’s just the first week.

I applaud them for making it more accessible, but it still doesn’t look like my kind of game.

Good on people supporting good games

Monster Hunter is me GOTY so far,even though this is the only game I’ve played to come out this year so far. Well see how Kingdom Kome is next week ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

6.1

There’s Shadow of the Colossus to contend with this month.

Carnivius_Prime 10 February, 2018 @ 11:40
6.2

Iconoclasts is my fave new game of 2018 so far and my friend’s fave is Celeste…which I haven’t got yet cos i fear the precison platforming may clash with my anxiety issues. :P

Id love vita sales numbers like assassins creed at number 1 after all this time is insane

Yeah I think vita sales are entirely dictated by sales now, bar a few exceptions.

Is it simular to the Nintendo titles, that I tried….God did I try to like but could’nt get on with? I liked MH stories though. Any vast changes that I could get on bored with? It seem’s on reading through this post I am a child stuck in a 42 year olds frame….*refraines from M Jackson, J Saville and G Glitter refrances with all might…fingers cramp…more refraining……*

GG Monster Hunter World! :)

Where is Street Fighter V Arcade Edition?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history