Posted

5 essential new PlayStation Store releases you need to check out this week

Including Secret of Mana, Fe, Crossing Souls and more...

This week you can dive back into revered Square-Enix classic, Secret of Mana. Entirely rebuilt with modern 3D graphics and offering a re-recorded soundtrack as well as voiceover, this three-player action RPG offers a fresh spin on a familiar legend.

Elsewhere, Fe lets you explore a vibrant Nordic forest full of secrets, Pop-Up Pilgrims drops you into a multi-layered 2D world in PlayStation VR and tasks you with a rescue mission, Crossing Souls delivers an epic adventure inspired by classic ’80s comics and films, and you can reenact Chinese history in the latest instalment of the famous hack-and-slash franchise, Dynasty Warriors 9.

1. Secret of Mana

Secret of Mana is the perfect opportunity for new fans to discover Square’s classic masterpiece for the first time, and for existing fans to adventure again with Randi, Primm, and Popoi. Fully rebuilt from the ground up and faithfully adapted, this remake takes the beloved story and its top-down gameplay to a new level with modern 3D graphics, new controls and a gorgeous re-arranged soundtrack.

2. Fe

The Nordic forest awaits you in Fe, a mystical land filled with secrets and curious creatures. The Silent Ones are threatening this magical world, so it’s up to you to save the forest and discover the secrets of Fe’s origin. Climb, glide and dig to explore its living ecosystem and befriend animals to unlock special abilities and reach new areas of the forest.

• Why you should play it: Carefully crafted by the Swedish studio Zoink Games, Fe is a stylish platform adventure that will leave you in awe.
  • Available: 16th February

3. Pop-Up Pilgrims

Pop-Up Pilgrims features a whole world of pop-up islands inside your PlayStation VR! Multiple layers of lush 2D islands unfold around you in a wrap-around 3D space. Help the pilgrims fight off enemies and go from platform to platform through more than 50 stages.

4. Crossing Souls

Follow a band of misfit heroes through their adventures as they discover a mysterious stone that allows them to travel between two realms. Chris, Charlie, Joe, Matthew, and Kevin each have their own specials skills, which will come in handy as they tackle a conspiracy that threatens their small town.

5. Dynasty Warriors 9

Relive history with Koei Tecmo’s latest instalment in the Dynasty Warriors franchise. Based on real historical events and figures, Dynasty Warriors 9 follows the epic story of the Three Kingdoms era, from the Yellow Turban Rebellion through the ultimate unification of China.

• Why you should play it: With its open world and brand new State Combo system, Dynasty Warriors 9 delivers epic fights with a versatile array of combat options.
  • Available: 13th February

PlayStation StoreOut this week

ps4

• Mr. Massagy
    14th February

• Slice, Dice & Rice (Not in Bahrain, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Israel, Kuwait, Lebanon, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Russia, Saudi, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine, UAE)
    14th February

• Bleed 2
    14th February

psvita

PS4 DLC

13th February

14th February

16th February

Enjoy!

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store on your mobile, tablet or computer.

What did you think about this story?
49 Comments
0 Author replies

Secret Of Mana, a nice week for PSVITA supporters.

Carnivius_Prime 13 February, 2018 @ 07:24
1.1

Been a nice 2018 so far for a supposedly dead machine. Am enjoying Iconoclasts on my Vita. :)

MiseryPrincess 13 February, 2018 @ 18:24
1.2

Another good thing they could do is actually sell the console again for the first time in forever.

Secret of Mana is pre-ordered so just waiting for that to install and unlock.

TMNT coming tomorrow is a nice surprise. I expected it to be the last Tuesday of the month since no date had been given.

I’m getting Secret of Mana For PS4 on disc on eBay because disc vision cheaper than digital vision can’t wait to get my hands on it 😊 also might try Fe .

Kingdom Come: Deliverance will receive a separate introduction as it too big for a list. Right?

No Knockout League on European store this week?

Just seen the reddit post about knockout league from grab games. They’re hoping for an EU release by the end of this month due to the certification process. It sucks cos i was looking forward to it as well. Kingdom come deliverance should keep me busy til then i suppose. That & Moss :)

Ah thanks for the info, looking forward to getting it – and yeah Moss looks great :)

No probs lad. Happy to help as much as I can 😊 hopefully it will be here soon

We need an update for PSNOW with the Yakuza games like in USA. Not sure when we will get one.

Out of the 5 psvr games releasing this week we get 2 . Why does this not surprise me ?

Really looking forward to sprint vector vr this week.

Missed opportunity to not include ‘online’ co-op for Secret of Mana.

My real life friends aren’t gamers

MiseryPrincess 13 February, 2018 @ 18:41
9.1

You can do local co-op online via shareplay if both of you have PS+.

9.2

Sadly Square Enix blocked Share Play :(

MiseryPrincess 17 February, 2018 @ 22:55
9.3

That seems a bit random and silly.

Then again it’s the same company who keeps letting Tetsuya Nomura make games while firing all the decent staff members. They’re pretty silly.

Kingdom Come Deliverance is probably the biggest game of the year, and it didn’t make it to the list? And No 1 is an awfully looking Secret of Mana remake? (love the original, btw)

Hmm, okay

10.1

You seriously think Kingdom Come is the biggest game of the year? Wow. It’s not even the biggest game of the year so far, let alone the entirety of 2018.

Carnivius_Prime 12 February, 2018 @ 19:50
10.2

i not even heard of kingdom come.

It may not be the best game of the whole year. But it definitely one of the biggest and most interesting games. (Especially for open world rpg fans). And it is very surprising it did not made the top five of this week.

Show more replies
Carnivius_Prime 12 February, 2018 @ 19:51

I am very interested in Secret of Mana (the original SNES game is one of my all time faves) but I can’t afford it at moment. Is it Crossbuy AND Cross-save?

11.1

it’s a square enix game, so of course it’s not cross-buy. don’t know about cross-save though.

Katana_Strikes 12 February, 2018 @ 20:38

Hi, can you tell me when Dragon Sinker is released? It came out last week in the US.

Pintstripe and The Fall Part 2 are better together than those 5 in the article.

Surprised to see no love for Dynasty Warriors 9 in this blog post :(

MiseryPrincess 13 February, 2018 @ 18:22
14.1

Maybe if they didn’t remove co-op it might get some.

It will release for the Switch today, but other consoles will follow sometime soon.

15.2

Nope…It’s out in America on ps4 but not in Europe from what I can see

Sadly, that’s not true. The developer allready confirmed what I said in my previous comment. The releasedate is TBA: https://twitter.com/DPadStudio/status/962058204115947522

Show more replies

Will try the Stranger Things, err, sorry, I mean Cross Souls demo this weekend and see if it’s worth a purchase. I like the look if it, and I’m an 80s kid. To be fair though, it’s got PS Plus written all over it at some point in time.

16.1

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking but thought same about axiom verge and hyper light drifter and both of them are not on it yet lol

Well, I will try demos first then buy the best one. However, I would like to see more juicy offers for non PS Plus account. I even deleted Binomo http://binarnye.ru/vhod-v-lichnyj-kabinet-binomocom-i-registraciya . I would be glad to see The Banner Saga Package with bulk deal..

You know its bottom of the barrel season when Dynasty Warriors makes top 5!

MiseryPrincess 13 February, 2018 @ 18:21

See, as someone who actually plays the Musou/Dynasty warriors games with friends (they’re trashy fun), I wont be ever getting this one. Because they’ve decided like the “stars” game and Sanada (neither of which I bought), to not include any co-op at all, online or local.

Seems a bit weird to remove the biggest selling point, but still.

Carnivius_Prime 14 February, 2018 @ 10:17

Can we have a Valentines Day sale at all? :P

20.1

No further sales until next week by the look of it save for this week’s Deal of the Week. (NBA 2K18)

Carnivius_Prime 14 February, 2018 @ 15:17
20.2

boring. none of my wishlist ones are in a sale at moment.

killeronline22 14 February, 2018 @ 20:05

Where is knockout league it’s on us store but no eu

Thanks for blocking Share Play on Secret of Mana – I really appreciate this.

Edit history