Your PlayStation Plus games for March are Bloodborne and Ratchet & Clank

Mighty No. 9, Bombing Busters and Claire: Extended Cut also join the line-up

Welcome, good hunters! What a month February has been for taking down truly colossal foes! If you’re anything like us, you’ll have spent your month crawling up the hairy, hulking backs of The Forbidden Land’s legendary colossi or sprinting through the jungles of The New World with an Anjanath nipping at your heels.

Don’t hang up your hunter’s garb just yet though, March’s PS Plus line-up is ready to show its fangs and we’ve got a few more abominable beasts that need taking down. Here are the titles you can download from 6th March:

Yes, the critically-acclaimed Lovecraftian nightmare that introduced the world to the dark secrets of Yharnam will be coming to PlayStation Plus in March – and we can’t pretend we’re not excited for a whole new swathe of players to get a taste of this incredible world.

A grisly evolution of From Software’s genre-defining ‘Souls’ series, Bloodborne places you into the shoes of an unknown outsider who arrives in the accursed town of Yharnam searching for a special form of healing.

Brutal, blood-soaked and at times truly horrifying, Bloodborne is a one of kind experience driven by slick combat, rich lore and breathtaking art direction. If you’ve never dared set foot into this macabre nightmare before, then you’re in for one hell of ride – it’s time to get a little Yharnam blood of your own.

Ratchet and Clank

From one critically-acclaimed PlayStation exclusive to another – though with a significant change in tone – second in March’s line-up is Insomniac Game’s PS4 reimagining of their classic PS2 platforming hit.

Boasting jaw-dropping visuals, a tongue-in-cheek wit and some of the most down-right bizarre weapons to ever grace a video game, 2016’s Ratchet and Clank celebrates the very best of the series. Updating and expanding on the original game, this remake adds new weapons, extends levels and adds a whole host of new collectibles for you to hunt down.

Grab yourself a Sheepinator, climb on your hover-board and get ready to kick some asteroid.

Anything else?

To complement those two top-tier titles, you’ll also get two games apiece for PS Vita and PS3. With those included the final line-up looks like this:

All these will be available to download from PlayStation Store from 6th March, meaning you’ve still got a few more days to grab any titles you might have missed from last month. A quick reminder of those:

One last thing

We also have an important service update to share. Starting next year on 8th March 2019, the PS Plus monthly games line-up will focus on PS4 titles and no longer include PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita titles.

This won’t affect any games you’ve already downloaded, or will download, prior to 8th March 2019. Those games will still be part of your PS Plus games library as long as you remain a member.

Your game saves and other benefits of PS Plus will also remain the same – the only change is that no new PS3 and PS Vita games will be added to the PS Plus monthly games line-up beyond 8th March 2019.

Many of our fans are playing on the PS4 platform, with the increasingly vast number of PS4s in homes around the world. We’ll continue to prioritise the benefits you receive through your PS Plus membership, such as online multiplayer, PS4 monthly games, online game save storage and exclusive PS Store discounts across content and network services.

As a reminder, if you do not wish to continue your subscription, please be sure to cancel it by turning off auto-renewal in your account settings before 8th March 2019.

There are plenty of new games and exclusive PS Store discounts for PS Plus members to come, and we can’t wait to share these with you in our ongoing monthly blog posts.

What did you think about this story?
0 Author replies

The hype was real

Totally get that this is an awesome lineup and everything but I have both games already :-(

Why do you say both when it is five games?

Ratchet and Clank. As Borat says, Very Nice!

Jagshemash! You want see picture of my sister?

This is what we call a great month!

Amazing games! Well done!

Got both of them. Love Ratchet & Clank, absolutely despise Bloodborne (only PSN game I ever really wanted a refund on.. tedious thing) but I know there’s plenty of folk who love it for some reason so overall a good month for most folk.

Bombing Busters might be nice. need me some sorta Bomberman on my PS4/Vita so that should hopefully do.

MiseryPrincess 28 February, 2018 @ 17:01

Damnit does that mean I have to staunchly defend Bloodborne now?

Bloodborne isn’t really as good as the mainline Souls games due to some slightly silly mechanics (the summoning system, the runes, armor being basically pointless, the godamned boring Dungeons), being spammy and having the worst godamned camera they’ve ever done (though to be fair it’s probably because they love to put you in tiny chambers with a giant boss who leaps through the ceiling) and often runs at like 3fps, especially when it’s been on for a while, and basically feels like a really early unfinished version of DS3.

Buuut, on the other hand it does have it’s moments. Some of the enemies and locations do have imagination behind them that you don’t find in other games, or even other “souls” games. So for that alone it’s probably worth playing through at least once.

I just found it too sluggish, ugly and boring to play. Haven’t played any Dark Souls but got Demon’s Souls PS3 on Plus years ago and thought that was terrible. Only reason I bought Bloodborne was my friend had it and wanted to play multiplayer to have a friend help her since she was finding it tough… but even trying to set up an online game was a pain in the butt… Life’s too short for that kind of crud.

X_Blood_Curse_X 28 February, 2018 @ 17:07

Bloodborne is leagues better than Dark Souls 3.

Dark souls 3 was basically Miyazaki saying “were sorry you didn’t like Dark Souls 2 so much, so here’s a rehashed Dark Souls 1 again”

Well the hype was certainly real, although Bloodborne isn’t my kind fo thing (will defo try it though). Also, the fact they have announced that there is only one year left of PS3 and Vita seems to have gone under the radar slightly. That’s huge news isn’t it?

I see that PS4 is actually getting 5 games this month with cross buy ones as well. That’s a great sign of things to come hopefully.

Good month! But a bit of concern around the change in service next year; does this mean the Games services will strip back to only two games per month, or are they going to add more? At the moment we can get 3-5 a month depending on which titles have crossplay :)

I Imagine it will just be two games a month, seems they would have mentioned otherwise?

Seems a bit “Hey look at these decent plus games! Maybe it’ll distract you from the fact we’re removing PS Vita and PS3 games next year”

I hope I’m wrong though. Plus is just about worth it for me, but if they’re ditching PS3/Vita they’re gonna have to really up their game in terms of PS4 titles for me to stick around.

Edit: From Polygon

“A representative for Sony told Polygon that after February 2019, the monthly PlayStation Plus lineups will consist only of two free PS4 games”

Yeah, i don’t hope that their “focus on PS4 titles” actually translates into us getting less ps4 games.

It could translate to less but better games you know

Show more replies

Awesome Line-up. But, to clarify; from March 2019, will PS plus members receive six PS4 games a month or only two?

This is a good question that I think really should have been addressed in the post. My suspicion is we’e going down to 2 – which for me really weakens the offering- particularly in view of the still recent price rise (with no obvious tangible benefits).

ste_the_legend 28 February, 2018 @ 16:46

Exactly what I was wondering. My guess is it will be 3 or 4, including a couple of indie titles.

If its reduced to 2-3 titles per month, lets hope it includes at least one AAA game each month. It may also offer a VR title every month too.

Show more replies

I’m both happy and sad about this announcement.

I’m sad because I already own the two main games for this update andhappy that my friends for everyone that don’t have or haven’t played those games!

Either way Great Job on the line up for this month, you knocked it out the park!

Already have Bloodbourne but didn’t have Ratchet and clank, Kinda annoyed about Vita games going away though, I wouldn’t be as mad if the games I wanted would actually go on sale.

Great games this month, I already own both, but for anyone who doesn’t own these games its incredible.

Can you clarify the point on removing PS3 and Vita games from Plus? Will this mean the amount of PS4 games included with the free games are increased or stay at 2?

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 28 February, 2018 @ 16:43

Thanks for concentrating on more PS4 games. It is about time. But if this is the case, why is Legend of Kay on PS3 only and not on PS4 instead or at least cross-buy with PS4? I hope you will offer it for PS4 too. Thanks.

The ‘One last thing’ probably deserves a blog entry all of its own. I wonder how many people will even get that far down the blog post before they give up reading. And probably a mail shot.

This is probably something they will talk more about during E3 or even PSX this year.

ste_the_legend 28 February, 2018 @ 16:49

Probably because they know that some people will be annoyed about it, even though it’s been a long-time coming really. As someone who owns and still plays all 3 systems, it’s hard to see it as anything other than a reduction in value for money. I don’t see them giving us 6 PS4 games per month.

i agree, will be 2 ps4 games and a vr game or something, sony too far in lead now to actually care about customers

Show more replies

So we get six PlayStation 4 games March 2019 or what does it mean?

MiseryPrincess 28 February, 2018 @ 17:50

It’s hard to say. When PS+ started it was 4 PS3/Vita games. Then when the PS4 came along it was 6 (2 each).

When PS+ started, there was no Vita.

Not bad, Sony please change your about cross play i really want to play with Nintendo Switch users 😬

Bloodborne, Ratchet & Clank and even Kay are all great games. Too bad I’ve already played them though.

I’ve slagged off PS+ many times in the last few years, and imagine I will in the future. However it’s worth praising the service when it gets it right and this month is spot on. Well done Sony. Please though, keep it good for a while, don’t just make this another one off month.

One hour. One hour Sony. You really are a joke now. Removing the PS3 and Vita games is the right decision. Making it just two PS4 games – confirmed to Polygon, if you don’t know – and that’s it though is pathetic. Not even a PSVR game (not got one myself, not interested in getting one either, but if you’re supporting this properly then a monthly game is common sense)? Good job you haven’t increased the price for an online service that genuinely feels worse than when it was free. Sigh. Why do I get the impression you went all out this month hoping the goodwill of Bloodborne would blind people to you trying to screw us? God I hope Mircosoft get their house in order and sell millions more consoles than you next generation – that way we get nice Sony back, the Sony that cares about it’s customers, and not this arrogant piece of s**t Sony we had to deal with this gen and the PS2 gen.

VR wasnt mentioned at all. We dont know if they will keep including a VR game as bonus. Also, the value of a Plus membership depends on the games included. If having only 2 PS4 games each month means we get “better” games, I think we will actually get more value than we are getting now! If they keep putting out cheap indie games of course that would be a downer..

Nice. Happy customer here.

Ratchet and Clank – already own it but cool for those that don’t.

Bloodborne – actually tried this on disc for about an hour and sold it on. I’ll try it again.

Mighty No. 9, Claire & Bombing Busters – cool, I’ll give them an hour of my time and try ’em.

As for getting rid of Vita and PS3, about time. Much as I loved my Vita I don’t even bother downloading anything on it. So I look forward to the PS4 offerings being continually excellent when you streamline the service. Thanks Sony!

Great line up this month

But the service update sucks! Vita was just forgotten by you guys, yet is easily the best handheld ever made, and now it won’t even get some PS+ love…

I’m hoping the change means an additional game for PS4 each month at a minimum, otherwise it’s a reduction in features for the (as yet unjustified) recent price increase and no real explanation apart from “if you don’t like it, there’s the door!” Lol

exactly what i think, unfortunately sony has got such a lead this gen they can say theres the door and wont lose much sleep over it, increase price for a reduced service :(

ste_the_legend 28 February, 2018 @ 16:58

Totally agree. Vita is an amazing piece of kit.

The problem is people didn’t buy the Vita. They stuck to their phones/pads or got a 3DS instead. In the days of the Switch the Vita is even less appealing to people. It’s no surprise the support is falling off.

This is a good month. I don’t own any of these games on any system. :)

Personally cant get hyped as ive got them both but its a fantastic offering for those that haven’t played them yet. Although, I can’t imagine there’s many people out there that want to but haven’t yet played Bloodborne…

Glad they’ve decided to cut the ps3 offerings, slightly sad at the vita but can’t really argue when the offerings were just horrific. With the recent price hike and this news that theyre cutting two thitds of the content offered, surely they’ll be revamping ps+ to justify the price? Maybe encorporating ps now I to ps+?

ste_the_legend 28 February, 2018 @ 16:59

PS Now is hardly in any countries. I doubt they would put in the investment and hard work to get it working more widely when it’s a niche service at best these days.

Awesome games… Kinda why I brought them when they originally came out. I wish Sony would offer some kind of store credit system or just lower the damn price of plus for people who actually buy stuff.

Good month but concerned about the vita/ps3 announcement, i still play all 3 consoles and they have not only increased the price last year and now they are reducing the service, shame this is what happens when there is a clear winner in the console war they stop caring and reduce the service as they know people wont do anything about it, microsoft give more to try retain custom and sony take away, i have no favourite console btw, love all of them, just wish sony were more bothered about customers :(

and for anyone wondering, do you really really think sony will give us 6 ps4 games, it will be 2 and a vr game at best

Great line-up! Though a bit saddened by the cut in Vita support next year! But hey, you stopped supporting it way back, so I guess it was just a matter of time!

Make sure you send out PS3 and PS Vita with a bang in February 2019 by offering amazing games for them

Fantastic month guys, already own bloodborne but more people online will be fun, already platted R&C bit I’ve been wanting to get it again since I now have a HDR tv!

Ive also been tempted by both Claire and mighty no.9 in the past so there just two cherrys right on top!

It’s a shame I own both of these PS4 games but what a great month for those who don’t.

I’m all for the dropping of PS3 and Vita games from the service but Sony have to consider what to do once they stop giving games with Plus to those users. All games received by those users should be considered purchased even when they stop subscribing to PS Plus if they are to be fair to them. It would be unfair to make people keep paying a subscription when they don’t receive a new game just to keep what they have already paid for

Show full comment

MiseryPrincess 28 February, 2018 @ 18:06

At least allow them to keep paying a greatly reduced fee (to keep the PS3/Vita services like save uploading), or offer all of the games that have been in the service at a large discount.

That would also make for a reasonable compromise. I get the feeling that Sony will simply sever the service with no recompense though.

BlackCatLucifer 28 February, 2018 @ 23:23

Sonys goal here is to convince people with ps3 to buy ps4 if they dont have it yet.

fantastic month

niiccee very good sony , keep it up !

So you bump up the price yet you’re taking away 4 titles a month? You’d better have a damn good reason why you’re extorting us with such a **** poor service.

You can say that again!

Not to mention they would not refund the ones who supported Marvel Heroes Omega.

If I don’t get my damn money back from that game, I will NEVER EVER support any action MMO ever again.

blacksheepwall_ 28 February, 2018 @ 17:05

Amazing month! Played them all but Bloodborne was on disc, been wanting to replay it for a while.

Am surprised the PS3 and Vita games have lasted this long to be fair. I wonder if this might have anything to do with a possible PS5 being released in 2019/2020.

If the PS + will be discontinued for PS3 and PSV users, why would the subscription still be required to download them? Honestly I own all of those three and I’m a PS+ subscriber mainly in hopes of something good for the Vita ( thank you for Grand Kingdom BTW) I’ve no need for cloud saves and for the biggest part – I’ve no need for paid multiplayer option.

Can your marketing branch at least consider separating downloaded games from all the other features PS+ offers?

The loss of Vita games really bugs me. I can understand it maybe but it’s still a big kick in the crotch… Still plenty on there I would have liked to see on Plus that I couldn’t afford before.

If they’re taking away Vita’s last life support, they’d sure as hell better offer PSVR games in its place. There’s more than enough to give on that platform now.

Lol no… Only a small percentage own a PSVR. I really hope I ain’t going to be paying for PSVR games

They’re not, it’s two PS4 games going forward.

Show more replies

All I heard was Bloodborne, thank you!

just been sent an email about the vita , ps3 too and basically says same thing, dont like it, heres how to unsub…

Finally PS+ honors the money asked for it. This is what we want for this service. Kudos Sony!!

Platinum’d both a while ago, so nothing for me this March. Good on Sony though, an excellent lineup.

Hell yeah! Didn’t buy Bloodborne since I wasn’t sure I was gonna be able to enjoy it. Now I can jump into it without any worries :). Except that maybe it’s super hard.

I can’t believe you are taking PS3 and Vita off PS plus… That is just ridiculous, as someone who doesn’t play MP and buys plus for games this is just bad. How can you take off 2 systems and still be charging the same price!? What’s more annoying is you have kept putting poor games on plus for PS3 and Vita… So many great games you haven’t put on, this makes no sense to me. Yet again Sony caring more about ££££ than their users.

Not to mention that you have to keep buying PS+ to keep the games in your PS3 and Vita library. People that don’t own a PS4 are getting royally screwed over. They’ll be paying £50 a year and getting nothing new in return.

The best thing you have to do is to pick those games on ps4 without having ps4. Because of course later on in life you will buy a ps4.

I should have done this when they started to dish out ps4 games but because I didn’t have a ps4 aka BE4ST, I just ignored those games.

The only game I picked was UNTIL Dawn.

When I indeed got my ps4 I was surprised I picked this game months ago. And I made an awesome choice because the game was freaking amazing.

So always pick games despite not owning the system.

shaun_turismo5 28 February, 2018 @ 21:11

I did for so long till my fone broke then came the day I finally got a ps4 but the months I missed I missed out on rocket league an still haven’t played it

Show more replies

Beasts all over the shop…

Although I played Bloodborne already, this is still the best month!

Wow great games! I have them already but still it’s great Games for people who don’t have them :)

and if you stop with giving Ps3/Psvita (which I still have them and play them both and include PS4 of course)

that’s mean you will give more games for PS4? or maybe a bit more serious and nicer games (like this month)?

I hope so :)

Very good game .. Sony do not stop giving these games to PS plus players! 😊

This is a good month. Played ratchet but not bloodborne. And as bloodborne is still holding its value around £20 used this is a very good free game.

What a pile of crap.

PS3 and Vita games are getting ditched but you will still need to continue your subscription in order to keep your game library. I feel sorry for the people that only own those 2 systems. They’re going to have to pay £50 a year for nothing now.

Add in that it’s just two PS4 games and the online service is worse than when we got it for free…

Hence why you have 12 months notice to play the games and leave if you want. Anyone with any sense that still owns a PS3 should have been adding the free PS4 games to their library so they have a massive day 1 library of PS4 games if/when they eventually get a PS4. There are also other benefits like cloud game saves and exclusive store discounts etc…

I think the same.

Show more replies

Prepare to Buy DLC. I would recommend getting the GOTY edition physical to be honest.

Over a free (ish) version?

Its BLOODBORNE, so yeah.

TankedThomas 01 March, 2018 @ 08:47

For the price that three months of PS+ costs, you could buy the Game of the Year edition of Bloodborne, give or take a little. I’d rather do that. Ratchet & Clank is pretty cheap too, Mighty No. 9 is hot garbage, and the rest of them aren’t all that expensive either.

Load all