Posted

Starting tomorrow, the PlayStation VR Starter Pack is just €299.99 RRP

Pick up a PS VR headset, Camera and PlayStation VR Worlds at a great new price

Thinking about picking up a PlayStation VR headset? Well, your moment has come. From tomorrow (or 2nd April in Australia and New Zealand), you can now purchase the PS VR Starter Pack for €299.99 RRP, reduced from €399.99 RRP*.

Here’s what you’ll get for your money:

With well over 100 games and experiences already available on PlayStation Store it’s the perfect time to jump in and immerse yourself in the world of PS VR.

There’s something available for every gaming appetite, from the blockbuster action of Skyrim VR, GT Sport, Resident Evil 7 and Doom VFR, to critically-lauded platforming adventure Moss, phenomenal FPS Superhot, and terrifying Until Dawn prequel The Inpatient.

And there’s plenty of fun to be had without opening your wallet. Acclaimed mini-game compilation The Playroom VR and two demo packs are available to download from PlayStation Store at no additional cost – alongside a host of other free titles.

For more on the breadth of great games currently available, head over to our PlayStation VR hub and start exploring.

*Check with your preferred retailer for local pricing.

What did you think about this story?
45 Comments
3 Author replies

Price in GBP? Also is this the revised model that allows HDR passthrough?

1.1

Hello! Price in GBP is £259.99 RRP.

1.2

But is it the revised model…

If you believe the picture then yes, you can see the revised slot on the side of the headset.

Show more replies

What’s the price in real money? What even is that sign next to the price? Is it a currency that our forefathers used to use?

2.1

We always give prices in Euro, since we’re the PlayStation Europe blog

Your profile says you’re in the UK, so GBP RRP is £259.99.

2.2

But not every country in Europe uses the Euro so therefore any countries affected by this price drop should have their own country’s currency shown

2.3

Tempting.

DeltaPhoenix08 28 March, 2018 @ 09:49

Can you please let me know the price in Aussie Dollars?

3.1

The RRP in Australian dollars is $419.95. This new price will become available on 2nd April.

I feel a bit tempted. But I don’t know, there aren’t really that many PSVR games I want to play. Moss looks lovely though. Guess I also need to buy a second Move controller.

4.1

Moss is an excellent VR game ! i’m hoping there will be more games like this ( puzzle / action & VR based ) :)

Kinky_Friedman 29 March, 2018 @ 07:43
4.2

Wipeout Omega just got a free VR update today, it’s meant to be brilliant.

I’d definitely be interested if I could be sure that I’m purchasing the latest revision (CUH-ZVR2) without having to check the code on the box, something not possible when buying online. No online retailer around here seems willing to bother specifying if it’s the CUH-ZVR1 or CUH-ZVR2 version.

5.1

Most likely this sale is to clear out the stockrooms and make room for the new revised model.

ManikwithaNine 29 March, 2018 @ 04:37
5.2

What is the difference between the two?

Kinky_Friedman 29 March, 2018 @ 07:44
5.3

The only major difference is that the new model allows HDR passthrough. If you don’t have a HDR telly then it’s no biggie to get V1.

Show more replies

Can we get information when PS VR 2.0 is available to Europe?

6.1

Also waiting for VR 2.0 in Europe. But I didn’t see any info about that.

Been waiting for this answer as well, Supertired of switching cables. My Ps4 will be destroyed soon.

Edit: Oh! It’s being replaced with the old one, so all new ones will be version 2.0 :D

6.3

Its already available in Europe ? Here in Belgium it is atleast :)

Show more replies
Obi_G_Kenobi 28 March, 2018 @ 11:52

morning! Is this the 2.0 hardware or are you clearing warehouses full of the original v1 headsets? thanks

Excellent! Been waiting for it to hit my biting point for a few weeks! Roll on tomorrow :)

If there was any were I can try psvr in the North of Ireland before I buy then I would think about buying one

If you live in Belfast I wouldn’t mind showing it to you :) Love to spread the word of PSVR :D

9.2

Dam Na I don’t live in Belfast but thanks anyway

Kinky_Friedman 04 April, 2018 @ 08:33
9.3

Buy it off Amazon, give it a few tries, then return it if you don’t want it :). Some people need to play VR a few times before they get their ‘VR legs’, but others like myself have been fine with it from the start.

Will the solo headset also go down in price? I already have the camera, just need the headset and one more Move controller.

How long ’til this goes the way of the Vita?

MiseryPrincess 28 March, 2018 @ 16:16
11.1

Either a year, or until the PS5 comes out.

No chance! Vita was going against a Nintendo handheld which dominated the market! PSVR is pretty much by itself in the console space but in the company of PCVR, which greatly helps to increase the amount of content produced. I have yet to find someone who did not enjoy it, including non gamers, and have already convinced 3 people to buy it after they tried it.

PSVR has only been going from strenght to strenght since launch. PsVITA was DOA, no analogy possible.

MiseryPrincess 28 March, 2018 @ 19:59
11.3

It’s going from strength to strength, which is why the price was cut by a quarter in just over a year, right?

The Vita sold badly because the initial library was pretty sparse, you know, kind of like VR.

The Vita, however badly it did, has still sold 7x more than PS VR.

Show more replies
Carnivius_Prime 28 March, 2018 @ 13:27

Nah, i just can’t get into VR. I don’t even like first person games to begin with, never mind ones i gotta strap a device onto my noggin and risk feeling sick. What do I like? That other Playstation thingy. Ya know. The handheld one. Rita or something like that. Do that one again.

When Will we finally see the new move controllers in Europe?

They were announced last October. Have bought a few move only games and don’t want to buy outdated hardware. Really like to have a better battery and micro usb to minimise the pile of charging cables in my household.

13.1

There are no new Move controllers.

They’re just the PS3 ones repackaged, no upgrades whatsoever.

@MaxDiehard There are.

Revised as CECH-ZCM 2 J, they feature Micro USB (opposed to Mini USB) and a 1900 mAh battery (opposed to 1350 mAh).

Though it is still unknown whether and where the revised stock is already available.

well that’s a discount

I got ps cry pre owned and PS4 psvr cemrea all for 171 pounds and nothing wrong with it.

Test

Lestenntrigerz 28 March, 2018 @ 23:14

Ok

TheDarkOne061 29 March, 2018 @ 20:16

How long is the discount gonna be available for, id love to pick one up

Kinky_Friedman 04 April, 2018 @ 08:54
18.1

This is the new standard price.

Poland still didn’t get the second version.

Edit history