Posted

God of War and Yakuza 6 headline this week’s new PlayStation Store releases

All this week's new games and expansions detailed in full

New parental responsibilities weigh heavy on two warriors returning to PlayStation this week. God of War sees Kratos embark on an epic journey with his son Atreus, while Kazuma Kiryu has to look after a newborn child while investigating what happened to its mother in Yakuza 6: The Song of Life.

1. God of War

Take an epic journey through Norse mythology as PlayStation icon Kratos returns, as the God of War must now teach his son Atreus to fight and survive in a quest that’ll reshape them both.

• Why you should play it: Redesigned combat, dazzling action, a moving story and stunning visuals all await in this critically-acclaimed epic.
  • Find out more: The secrets behind God of War’s tonal shift
  • Available: Friday 20th April

2. Yakuza 6: The Song of Life

Continue Kazuma Kiryu’s story as the Yakuza series returns to PlayStation.

3. Virry VR with Drozdov

Enjoy a private safari as you get up close and personal with a wide array of African wildlife in this interactive PS VR experience.

Virry VR with Drozdov

• Why you should play it: Down weapons, forget tactics and instead don headphones and PS VR to unwind with some of the world’s most impressive animals in their natural habit.
  • Available: Monday April 16th

PlayStation StoreOut this week

ps4

psvita

• BUNNY MUST DIE! CHELSEA AND THE 7 DEVILS (Only in Australia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Malta, NZ, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, UK)
    18th April

PS4 DLC

17th April

18th April

19th April

20th April

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store on your mobile, tablet or computer

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in April

What did you think about this story?
25 Comments
0 Author replies
Carnivius_Prime 16 April, 2018 @ 18:53

Dangit this likely be an expensive week for me. God of War is a must buy if I can sell enough stuffs on eBay. And also Shock Troopers 2nd Squad and Blazing Star, two Neo Geo games I’ve been waiting for ages to be on PS4. They’re at least cheap but added to cost of GoW means my bank balance may hate me.

Well theirs only one game most people want this week GOD OF WAR

I belive new God of War will be amazing game because otherwise i would not take Friday 20th day off from work….

Yakuzaaaa

Yakuza 6 After Hours Edition been shipped, just hope I get it tomorrow as I’m really looking forward to it.

Also really pleased to see Blazing Star being released this week, spent so many coins on that one back in the arcade days, it will be nice to finally be able to play it at home!

blacksheepwall_ 16 April, 2018 @ 22:47

plz send donations for me to get god of war

The titles always “this weeks big releases” over some games nobody has ever heard of and finally some big games and it’s just heres god of war and yakuza lol

6.1

Get a job ya cheapskate.

blacksheepwall_ 17 April, 2018 @ 08:06
6.2

Got one, I just keep buying new guitars and pedals with it all!

Been trying to stay behind and get in sales but this bad boy is going to make me crack.

Where is the Standard Edition of God of War?

Week of the gaming dads!

Can we please get confirmation if the digital STANDARD edition of God of war will be available on launch day to download from the PS Store in the UK?? Why are customers not being given the choice when it comes to digital download?? Is this going to be the norm going forward?? This is not good in my book and I don’t seem to be the only person asking for the digital standard edition of the game. Can someone from the store team please give an update on this issue, thanks Chadders!

9.1

I know right! It has to be a mistake somewhere along the line. (Or at least I hope it’s a mistake). I wouldn’t mind paying for the Deluxe Edition if the extras were in any way worth it, but the stuff added in there doesn’t add anything of substance to the game itself. Honestly I’d prefer to keep the tenner… All I’m really interested in is getting the game preloaded and ready for Friday.

9.2

To be fair, I think the standard edition would be selling for £49.99, so its really only an extra £3 for the extra bits in the deluxe edition. To me its more the fact we are not being given the choice. If this was the same for none first party games, like Spiderman for instance, then it would be a tenner. Thats why the standard edition of Spiderman is £54.99 and the deluxe is £64.99. But like you say, at least in Spidermans case, your getting the DLC after launch included in the price so that seems a better deal to me?

9.3

I hear you. It’s the principle of the thing that is annoying me most as well.

As for the price, the Deluxe Edition is €69.99 over here (Ireland). As it’s also $69.99 on the US Store, I assume the Standard Edition would follow the same pricing increments. Its $59.99, $10 cheaper.

Show more replies

And Tempest 4000 is where?

Oh well, maybe next week

Carnivius_Prime 17 April, 2018 @ 14:40
10.1

Maybe the 4000 refers to the year of release. :O

deathnote2000 21 April, 2018 @ 14:05
10.2

Won’t be next week. It’s been delayed to an unknown date. :(

VA-11 HALL-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action is not listed in this post, or even under new releases, yet it’s there in the store available now since yesterday. I’m sure the publisher really loves to have a product their putting out there buried as much as possible, It’s so annoyed to have to support these games coming out for the Vita I know but at least don’t make it this ridiculous.

deathnote2000 21 April, 2018 @ 14:03

How the heck did Hagwalla Legend pass the strict SCEE QA when other games have failed. The video looks absolutly shocking…

Edit history