Posted

Stardew Valley gets a PS Vita release date, and you’ve not long to wait

The smash-hit farming sim goes portable on 22nd May

Hi everyone. Perhaps the most common questions I get asked is, “When is Stardew Valley coming to PS Vita?” Well, the time has finally come for me to answer…

Stardew Valley will be coming to PS Vita on 22nd May!

It will be Cross-Buy, so you’ll only need to purchase one copy to play on both your PlayStation 4 and your PS Vita. This also means those of you who own the game on PlayStation 4 will now be able to download the PS Vita version too!

TITLE

In Stardew Valley, you inherit your grandfather’s old farm, and armed with some hand-me-down tools and a few coins, you set out to begin your new country life! You might find yourself growing crops and raising animals to live off the land, descending the mines and taking on its monster inhabitants, mingling with the townsfolk or visiting the beach for some relaxing night-time fishing.

TITLE

Stardew Valley on-the-go is a lot of fun, so I’m very excited to bring it to a great portable console like the PS Vita!

I look forward to hearing about your experiences in Stardew Valley!

What did you think about this story?
34 Comments
0 Author replies
DavidBoring 14 May, 2018 @ 17:06

Great news, will the game feature cross-saves between the ps4 and vita?

1.1

First, thank you Eric for this great news!!!!

Very interested in that exact same question about cross-saves!

1.2

Cross-save would make this even better! Play on PS4 at home, move my farm onto Vita for on the go!

Yes!…..?…..guess so?

“Hi everyone,Perhaps the most common questions I get asked is, “When is Stardew Valley coming to PS Vita?”Well, the time has finally come for me to answer…Stardew Valley will be coming to PS Vita on May 22nd!It will be cross-buy, so you’ll only need to purchase one copy to

play on both your PlayStation 4 and your PS Vita. This also means those

of you who already own the game on PlayStation 4 will now be able to

download the PS Vita version too!”

Show more replies

Awesome news!

This will make me buy the game.

Please let there be cross-save..

I love you man! Good show! Switch is way too big for a portable Stardew so this is perfect!

Someone mentioning a release on vita? Surely not

Not my kind of thing but thanks for releasing. Any vita support is welcome

Carnivius_Prime 15 May, 2018 @ 23:19
4.1

Same. The game itself wasn’t my thing when I tried it on other formats but hey it’s nice the fans of the game get to play it on the best handheld ever made, the Ninte…. nah, it’s the Vita… of course it’s the Vita. Wonderful lil machine.

Josip_Jukic 14 May, 2018 @ 18:55

Honestly i thought Vita was dead for sure but its nice to see Sony supports it with some titles once in while.Thinking about buying one second hand to play some old school classic games from indie developers to support indie comunity and enjoy some of their amazing works….

5.1

Oh this isnt Sony supporting it at all, this is one awesome dev doing it, the only thing Sony did here is let him do a blog post.

YellowCraft 14 May, 2018 @ 19:03

This is good news, but what should Russian users do? The game is still blocked in russian PS Store…

Commenting to say a huge thank you for this Eric. I have been waiting for this for ages and have just bought a copy of the game in readiness :) The vita will be perfect for this game and i am so grateful that you have supported it

7.1

Yep, I bought the PS4 game last night and played around a bit. Vita will be my 99.9% of the time copy, but thought I’d get a little familiar with it.

We know the Vita is as good as dead, but it’s so refreshing to see that Indie developers still haven’t given up it. They continue to give us some great titles before the handhelds invevitable end. who knows maybe they can keep it alive a little while longer.

Lt_Fed_Brusque 15 May, 2018 @ 09:29

A Vita release AND it’s cross-play with PS4? Well that’s pretty hard to say no to :) Day one purchase! Thank you folks!

Ooh. Half price right now, too! I was tempted to buy, but thought I’d never have time to play it on PS4. Nice timing!

CitizenEldar 15 May, 2018 @ 15:16

Just bought it. Thanks for the port, man! Can’t wait to play it on my Vita!

Thanks for bringing to Vita will definitely be buying it

I was so bummbed when there was no info about Vita version. Now I can finally buy it and have a great time. Thanks Sony, you have finally heard the voices of people… but the list is still huge.

Awesome news! Thanks for doing the port!

MiseryPrincess 15 May, 2018 @ 20:41

If only Sony would sell the Vita again for the first time in forever…

15.1

Right? I worry what I’ll do if my Vita breaks down! I’m sure Sony could release a new same-spec Vita for a reasonable price nowadays.

Can we buy Stardew for the Vita even if we don’t have the Playstation 4? I don’t have PS4 but I do have the PS Vita.

Doctor_Who_23 20 May, 2018 @ 18:52

Will i be able to transfer my save from my ps4 on to my ps vita?

Soooo, not available on the store yet and not mentioned in this week’s releases. Is this actually coming out today as your title would lead us to believe?

Maverick81PL 22 May, 2018 @ 13:42

Where is EU game?? It’s 22 May already :/

If multiplayer update is available make PS4 and PS Vita can play together please

Agreed where is it already

steam-hearted 22 May, 2018 @ 17:10

“VITA owners in Europe: The VITA launch is pushed back in Playstation Europe until the 24th because it’s currently on sale on PS4 until the 23rd. All other regions still launch on the 22nd. Also, reminder that existing PS4 owners get Stardew on VITA automatically due to cross-buy!”

22.1

Thanks. Was wondering where it was.

TheLocalHero666 22 May, 2018 @ 18:15 Edited
22.2

@steam-hearted…thanks for the information, but that’s sad :/…… and it makes no Sense…. those player who really want this Game, buy it (or bought it) now for the discount price and get it 2 days later (thx to crossbuy :D) …. It feels like a punishment from Sony for the faithful Vita fans in Europe.

OMG seriously I buy the game on PS4 when I hear its actually coming to handheld “22nd may”, I brush the dust of my vita, charge it but no game? 24th now is it?

May aswell be the 24th of never, Sony take a leaf from steam

For these very reasons this is the first year since PlayStation plus launched that I have no longer continued my subscription, steam got my money instead lol

Anyone know if I can play classic Nintendo games on the vita?

My excitement died with the lack of cross-save. But thanks for the effort. Maybe next time! ;)

Edit history