Posted

5 big new releases to look out for on PlayStation Store this week

Detroit: Become Human, Dark Souls Remastered and H1Z1 are among the new arrivals

This week we ponder morality in Detroit: Become Human, a neo-noir thriller set in a near-future metropolis rejuvenated by advanced technology. Decide the fate of three very different androids in an intense branching narrative where your choices have far-reaching consequences.

PlayStation Store also welcomes Hidetaka Miyazaki’s genre-defining action RPG classic, Darks Souls Remastered. Revisit this incredible universe, fully remastered with visual upgrades and improved performance.

1. Detroit: Become Human

Quantic Dream’s latest thriller lets you decide the fate of three androids in a powerful vision of Detroit’s future. Control Connor, a special police investigator prototype; Kara, a fugitive tasked with protecting a little girl; and Markus, a deviant who has broken free of his programming and joined a growing android revolution. Confronted with persecution and the violence of society, they will all have to decide who they want to be…

2. Darks Souls Remastered

Whether you’re a long-time fan or a newcomer to the grisly fantasy universe of Dark Souls, experience the genre-defining game in stunning detail, complete with an improved framerate and resolution. Create and customise your character with hundreds of combinations of weapons, armour and magic spells to fit your playstyle, then explore the intricate depths of Lordran.

3. H1Z1: battle royale open beta

Sharpen your skills and try the adrenaline-pumping action shooter ahead of its free-to-play release next month. Fight over airdrops in action-packed and strategic matches, and stay one step ahead of the killer gas designed to keep each round moving. Will you be the last one standing?

4. Animal Force

Welcome to the menagerie! Animal Force is a tower-defence action game for PlayStation VR, where you use super-powered animals to save the world from an alien invasion. Place your valiant defenders anywhere in the 3D space and use a PS Move motion controller to help out in the battle against your dastardly foes.

5. Tennis World Tour

Play as Roger Federer, Angelique Kerber, Stan Wawrinka or any of the other big names from the 31-strong roster of the world’s best tennis players. For the first time in a tennis game, tactical aspects of the sport are recreated in the match using a system of skill cards. Try your hand at Career mode or play online in quick matches, ranked matches or weekly challenges.

• Why you should play it: Think you have what it takes to reign over the world’s courts? Online mode is your perfect playing field.
  • Available: 22nd May

PlayStation StoreOut this week

ps4

psvita

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in May

44 Comments
0 Author replies
X_Blood_Curse_X 21 May, 2018 @ 20:17

Bloodstained Curse of the Moon looks cool, worth keeping an eye out if you’re a fan of stuff like Mega Man and Shovel Knight ect

It has a Vita version too. Hoping it’s cross-buy

DEEEEETROOIIIIIT!

Stardew Valley comes out this week for the Vita. I’d say that’s a pretty notable omission.

3.1

Well, the last article about it claimed date 22nd of May… and today is 22nd of May. I don’t see it anywhere on the Store, yet.

Tuulenpoika 22 May, 2018 @ 08:56
3.2

ConcernedApe said yesterday on Twitter that the EU release date has been pushed back to May 24th due to the PS4 version being on sale right now. Apparently it’s against the rules to release a cross-buy version of an existing game during a sale (?).

ste_the_legend 22 May, 2018 @ 09:52
3.3

I suppose 2 more days won’t keill us. We’ve waited long enough as it is…

Show more replies

I’ve heard Detroit is 6-8 hours long, so I’ll just watch a Let’s Play.  Spares me the hassle of pressing buttons every once in a while to perform some arbitrary action and I won’t have to deal with clunky controls when walking from one cutscene to the next.  But I don’t really want to waste my time watching a mix of five different B movie subplots on Youtube either, so I probably won’t.

X_Blood_Curse_X 21 May, 2018 @ 20:32
4.1

That’s a nice story

Detroit for me on disc but I try out hizi beta as well great week.

Isn’t PixelJunk Monsters 2 coming out this week too?

6.1

Yeah were is Pixeljunk monsters 2.. its out 25th may.

Should be 25th May unless it’s been delayed. Also expecting some free Day 1 DLC and a Season Pass.

CoolRichy007UK 22 May, 2018 @ 00:43

Its the 22nd so plz hurry up and add the new sims4 dlc thx!

Bloodstained for me. Yay for a New Castlevania game in 2018 for console. :)

WhiteMonkey88 22 May, 2018 @ 02:35

Been waiting far too long for Detroit: Become Human. Please hurry up Friday!

If I have to wait any longer, I’m not saving the fish!

Carnivius_Prime 22 May, 2018 @ 08:00

Bloodstained might be interesting and is for Vita too but is it Crossbuy? Can’t say anything else appeals this week but then I still have several games from past few weeks I haven’t been able to buy yet. :P

Carnivius_Prime 22 May, 2018 @ 11:20
11.1

Oh cool it’s the 8-bit style one rather than the one with the kinda bland 3D graphics in 2.5d style. I prefer the 8-bit. :)

Praise the Sun

H1Z1 Open beta not in Scandinavia??? I’m in Norway and it’s in my store with all the packs….

A QTE interactive story, a VR game, a Fortnite clone, a promising tennis game that actually looks a bit pants and, well, Dark Souls. So literally nothing there of interest for me at all.

Thank god, I hear my wallet cry!!

GreyFoxChris 22 May, 2018 @ 13:39
14.1

H1Z1 was out long before Fortnite… so I wouldn’t quite call that a clone…

mohammedbirya92 22 May, 2018 @ 10:12

Someone please make Jetli Rise to Honor 2 for PS4 Pro it will be a massive hit…

LOL

” Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon (Not in Austria, Middle East, Belugium, Luxembourg, Scandinavia, Poland, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine) “

What country is Belugium sound like a fake European comic book country. It will also not be released in Latveria and Wakanda.

16.1

Doctor Doom may not be very pleased.

MichaelPayton 22 May, 2018 @ 17:00
16.2

Yeah, what’s the story behind Bloodstained not being released in Austria?

Ultra_romance 28 May, 2018 @ 22:21
16.3

I also don’t understand why it’s not available in Ukraine. Not mentioning such gems as Vagrant Story and Chrono Trigger are not available in our country as well ;(

Typical Sony. The games I am hanging out for aren’t even mentioned. There is Stardew valley on the vita, already bought and paid for. And holy crap out of nowhere comes the sequel to one of my favorite games of all time, Pixeljunk monsters. I hope it is coming out on the European store, otherwise I am of the the yank section of the internet.

MiseryPrincess 23 May, 2018 @ 21:25
17.1

You know how it works here, if it’s VR it gets 120 articles daily, or if it’s an “exclusive” it gets 20 articles about what flavor cupcakes the producer likes.

Everything else either pretty much gets ignored or one article maybe between 175 articles about VR and 10 mini features about Detroit/GoWs innovative use of R1.

They should really make a separate blog for VR stuff.

modzerowo40i 22 May, 2018 @ 13:32

Stardew Valley?????????

GreyFoxChris 22 May, 2018 @ 13:37

How many times in article can you misquote Dark Souls as Darks Souls, even when the link says the name correctly, the image says it correctly. Just not your article? 🙄

Is there any news on Cosmic Star Heroine for PS Vita? The US already has it, but EU still has no sign of it. Was told “shortly after US”, but yeah.. Still nothing and no word from anyone.

That Dark Souls straight port from the PC is extremely poor. I can’t even be bothered to claim my half-price “discount” on Steam for what is essentially a paying patch.

MiseryPrincess 23 May, 2018 @ 02:59
21.1

It would have been nice if they’d fixed some of the obvious issues with that game. Such as the weapon and upgrade system being ridiculously unbalanced, all the bosses being easy to exploit and several dated or missing mechanics (no respec/no multiple use/no password system/no weapon level matching/silly grind/annoying humanity system).

As they haven’t fixed anything (and it doesn’t really look much better), it’s not very tempting to buy the exact same game again with the exact same issues.

21.2

As long as i know such articles are paid stuff. Part of of promo.

PhantomOfOpera 22 May, 2018 @ 17:22

The demo of Pixeljunk Monster 2 is out. Not mentioned here is Stardew Valley out on the 24th and Zone of The Enders VR demo out on the 23rd

PhantomOfOpera 22 May, 2018 @ 17:23

Te

Don’t have play H1z1 beta it’s no good I died in game but still waiting to get back in been over 30mins and still haven’t got back in .

Dark Souls Replastered

25.1

I can’t recommend to buy that, its shamelessly botched half assed remaster.

This is such a sloppy post. Pixeljunk Monsters, Stardew Valley, these are out now but there’s no mention whatsoever. This is becoming the norm, it’s unprofessional and unfair to publishers and us. I haven’t even checked but maybe Cosmic Star Heroine is up for the Vita now too, who knows?

I really wanna know why Bloodstained: curse of the moon, is not available in scandinavia?

I will ask again: WHEN is Tacoma going to be released in Denmark? Been waiting for it for three weeks now, sigh.

And where are the moderators of this forum? Could someone official please take some responsibility here…?

How the hell doesnt PJ monsters get a mention. I might have missed it if not for the comments. Went straight to the store and bought it. Thanks for nothing PS Blog. Thanks PS folks for mentioning.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history