Posted

PlayStation Plus members can download Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 today

Plus, get fan favourite Back in Black maps when you pre-order Black Ops 4

PlayStation Plus members! We’ve got a special E3 2018 treat for you. We’re celebrating the upcoming release of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 by giving all of our PS Plus members Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 free for PS4, starting tonight until 11th July.

We want all of our PS Plus members to have a chance to experience this cutting-edge shooter, set in a dark future where a new breed of Black Ops soldier emerges and the lines are blurred between humanity and technology. Black Ops 3 combines three unique game modes: Campaign, Multiplayer and Zombies. It’s a great way to dive into the Black Ops universe before Black Ops 4 launches on 12th October.

TITLE

To further sweeten the celebration of this beloved franchise, if you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 through PlayStation Store, you’ll get the “Back in Black” maps for Black Ops 3.

Back in Black maps are immediately playable for Black Ops 3, and include fan favourite maps – Jungle, Summit, Slums, and Firing Range – and these are available only for PlayStation fans. This pre-order offer is open to all PS4 owners via PS Store, so don’t miss out.

So tell me: who’s ready to jump into the Black Ops universe before the new era begins on 12th October?

What did you think about this story?
22 Comments
0 Author replies

Guess I’ll trade in my unopened copy that came with my PS4 and get some store credit…

Carnivius_Prime 12 June, 2018 @ 07:57

Do I like Call of Duty? Nope. Will I add this freebie to my library anyways just in case I feel like having a go at some point? Yeah why not…

WOW that comes really surprising , thank you so much sony ! :D

We_Are-The_Dogs 12 June, 2018 @ 10:23

Does the freebie expire on July 11th or is that just how long we have to download before the offer expires? Wasn’t sure if i download now i’d get it for more than a month?? Thanks either way though! :-)

4.1

Is valid as long as you remain a PS plus member (same as the monthly games) :-)

4.2

So if it expires ill lose. Can i get it back if i renew my ps plus membership after the previous one expires

Yes zakomama64

Show more replies

This is bloody pleasant surprise, always wanted to try out CoD zombie mode.

I got a code for 12 months but i am sitting on it until something comes up. This might be that something.

Not sure why ps plus symbol is still next to my name?

I don’t know if its just me but I can’t see it on the games included with PSPlus or on the store for free, All I see are the versions with zombie chronicles. I don’t know if its just the base game, but I can’t find it anywhere on the store. Can i get a little help. Please and Thank You

Search for the base game, that is free to dnd

Stonesthrow 12 June, 2018 @ 18:20

Already own it, as per usual.

BaconLambic 12 June, 2018 @ 19:23

Wouldn’t it be a SUPER WONDERFUL IDEA if, after posting an offer like this, you actually ensured the PlayStation Store was UP, rather than just throwing errors? Tried it on the PS4 — “this service is currently undergoing maintenance”. Tried it on the web — “we’ve encountered an error processing your order”.

How about doing the maintenance on the UK store in the middle of the night UK time, rather than in the middle of the evening when UK customers are trying to use it? Or do you think all your customers are retired or unemployed?

6pm to 11pm should be treated as a time period where the site must NEVER be down. Perhaps Sony would be so good as to explain why this isn’t so?

Same here :D

This is a great addition. I’ve genuinely never played a CoD game before and I’m not about to turn up my nose at a free one. Thanks!

C’mon surely the majority of people have gotta be happy with this. I for one am delighted.

edgerevolver 17 June, 2018 @ 21:37

I would like to know why it is being advertised as the zombie chronicles edition when it clearly is just the standard base game of black ops 3. Seems to me to be misleading in my eyes.

Why are you using American date formats on the EU blog? Seriously. Who the hell runs these blogs. Every single blog has some ineptitude.

GrandWizardGus 18 June, 2018 @ 12:47

When I went to download it, it gave me the error multiple times that it ‘could not be downloaded at this time’. Any tips anyone?

Edit history