Posted

This week’s PlayStation Store highlights: The Crew 2 open beta, BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle, more

Check out the full release schedule for the week ahead

E3 is officially over, and while the Los Angeles’ Convention Center has closed its doors, our favourite studios continue polishing their big upcoming releases in the shadows.

Meanwhile, PlayStation Store continues to do what it does best: bring you great new games every week. This week, we have two captivating mysteries for PlayStation VR. The Exorcist: Legion VR takes you to a spooky Boston parish while Kona VR transports you to the atmospheric wilds of 1970s Canada, both with secrets to unravel.

And if that’s not quite your pace, then feel free to road test The Crew 2’s open-world racing environments on the ground, air and sea in the racing blockbuster’s open beta, running from 21st to 25th June.

The Crew 2 open beta

Welcome to Motornation! Pick your ride of choice from a range of cars, bikes, boats and planes and experience the thrill of American motorsports in an exhilarating open world. Take the challenge to the ground, sea and to the sky. Fame is yours to take!

Find out more: Celebrate The Crew 2’s release date announcement with a closer look at the Harley-Davidson Iron 883
Available: From 21st to 25th June

Kona VR

Step back in time to the mid-1970s and investigate a series of bizarre events that have left a remote rural township deep in Canada’s frozen wilds all but deserted. A clever combination of survival, exploration and who-done-it murder mystery, KONA is an oddly-unique and deeply atmospheric supernatural thriller.

Find out more: Unravel and survive a Canadian mystery in PS4’s Kona, out 17th March
Available: 19th June

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle

Worlds are set to collide as the BlazBlue franchise crosses universes in an all-star collaboration between BlazBlue, Atlus’ Persona 4 Arena, French Bread’s Under Night In-Birth, and Rooster Teeth’s RWBY web series. Choose your team in fast paced 2v2 battles filled with tight mechanics, smooth gameplay and gorgeous 2D graphics.

TITLE

Available: 22nd June

The Exorcist: Legion VR

You arrive at the scene of a grisly crime in a small Boston parish. Yellow police tape adorns the room. There’s blood everywhere… even on the ceiling. It’s sinister business, and things are about to get much, much worse…

TITLE

Available: 19th June

Haimrik

After an eccentric young scribe accidentally signs an ancient, enchanted tome in his own blood (scribing is dangerous work afterall), he finds himself pulled into a peculiarly wordy adventure where the unfolding sentences beneath his feet will become the tools he needs to escape his perilous medieval nightmare. Expect bad-tempered dragons, wicked wizards and a whole lot of hilarious puzzles.

TITLE

Available: 19th June

PlayStation StoreOut this week

Enjoy!

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store on your mobile, tablet or computer.

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in June

What did you think about this story?
23 Comments
0 Author replies
mygamingnewz2 18 June, 2018 @ 17:23

More VR titles are going through certification (Sniper VR, Super Amazeballs) and hopefully will release by month end or early July.

Nothing this week i going try crew 2 beta .

jamestillett 18 June, 2018 @ 17:33

BRAVO Bravo the best week yet The most outstanding release of course is Blaze-Blue Cross Tag battle (purchased the disc Copy ) I am i seeing things 2 arcade Archives title & 2 Neo Geo titles i am becoming more convinced that Sony are still Aware that they exist keep up the good work Sony

Carnivius_Prime 19 June, 2018 @ 07:26 Edited
3.1

if only they’d patch in PS1 support too so we can play all the now retro PlayStation games from 20 years ago on our lovely PS4.

MiseryPrincess 20 June, 2018 @ 04:36
3.2

As apparently the PS4 drive can’t read CDs, that could be a problem.

They’d need something to read the PS1’s “disk wobble” copy protection so people couldn’t use CDRs (not that it would matter much).

Carnivius_Prime 18 June, 2018 @ 18:33

ick. A very nothing week for me (i tried the demo of the new Blazblue but I just can’t see to get into that series) but I may get good ol’ Moon Patrol cos I’m feeling nostalgic for that one.

jamestillett 18 June, 2018 @ 19:08

Moon Patrol is a classic being an older gamer in my Mid 40s i just love retro & Modern Arcade games like blaze blue it,s Retro rules ok with me

mygamingnewz2 18 June, 2018 @ 19:18

I though Rooms: The Unsolvable puzzle was in VR.

Josip_Jukic 18 June, 2018 @ 21:04

Will try Crew 2 beta just to see whats what and help me decide should i buy it or not..

7.1

Same. From the videos I saw, The Crew 2 looks like a bit of Forza Horizon 3. I love the Forza series (I have xbox too) so I hope The Crew 2 lives up to this. If it’s not, then no worries for me, cause Horizon 4 is coming..

I want to see how Gundam Breaker does with people before I buy it, for nowt this might be the week I start Detroit

I spot 3 old psn games on here why is it out again. Do psn re reasle old psn games know what been on psn store before or something.

When is the sale going up?

WhiteMonkey88 19 June, 2018 @ 01:28

A good week of releases. Nothing new for me to spend money on. I like that

Tiago_Ruivo 19 June, 2018 @ 02:06

You guys don’t want to know what Kona means in my language

Carnivius_Prime 19 June, 2018 @ 07:25
12.1

but you say that and now we do.

johngenegenie 19 June, 2018 @ 18:56
12.2

Ha! look up the hyundai kona and that’ll tell you all you need to know!

Still no Tempest 4000 😔

Season pass for Pixeljunk Monsters 2 costs £8.99. It will contain two expansions.

The first expansion is £3.99.

I strangely suspect that the second expansion will cost the same. Tell me again how much of a saving the season pass gives? Is this another example such as with the Telltale games season passes where the individual episodes cost less than the full pass?

Agreed.

News articles about the season pass quote the US price as $7.99 for the pass and $4.99 for the episodes.

Which is certainly a positive saving rather than negative one.

MiseryPrincess 20 June, 2018 @ 04:39
14.2

It’s like Ni no Kuni II where the game + season pass costs 10 less than the deluxe edition.

Yes this looks strange.

The PJM Deluxe addition costs £6 more which looks like the season pass price is wrong. If the price was £6.99 I would probably have got it, it but now I shall wait for a sale.

Show more replies