Hey there PlayStationeers, it’s been a while since you heard from us, so I’m super excited to reveal what’s going on with Boundless. You may remember that we announced that we’ll be coming to PS4 a couple of years back. Well, today I’m pleased to confirm that our release date for Boundless on PlayStation will be Tuesday 11th September 2018.
We have an awesome new trailer too, check this out…
Now, since it’s been a little while, and you may not be familiar with the game, let’s just recap what we think are just some of the coolest things you can do in Boundless. There’s a little lore, but no set objective to complete, so the universe really is your oyster.
- Everything in the universe of Boundless, other than the natural environment, is built and run by players. There’s a whole universe out there, with settlements to be built, trades to be made, and creatures to hunt. Everybody’s free to pursue whatever they like, so start exploring and play the game your way. You can be a mighty warrior, a wealthy merchant, or maybe an expert builder.
- So you just arrived on a new planet. What’s over that hill in the distance? Is that a good spot for a settlement? Why not send your friends the coordinates and start collaborating on a brand new capital city? Play as a nomadic solo wanderer, or team up for a collaborative game – it’s totally up to you.
- Travel the universe in seconds – point your totem at a planet in the sky, build a portal and step right through. You’re now on the other world’s surface, and free to do whatever you wish! You can start your day gathering materials on a harsh volcanic planet, then watch the sun set over your tranquil forest homestead in just a few short steps. Your empire can stretch across the stars, so make sure to go sightseeing once in a while.
- Build anything your imagination can come up with. The game is voxel-based, with loads of different materials to discover. Starting with a lonely campfire, you could end up the Viceroy of an entire planet, with legions of followers. We’ve seen some awesome builds spring up from the community, and every one of them started from zero. Personally, I want to see voxel recreations of the seven wonders of the world, so start planning folks!
- Regular ‘meteorite hunts’ give a chance for the best hunters in Boundless to show off what they can do. Heading off as a group for organised battles with waves of dangerous enemies is tough but a lot of fun. When a meteorite is forecast to hit, it’ll bring waves of enemies with it. These will scale up and multiply according to the number of players in the area, and the ensuing battles provide plenty of spoils – they’re not for the faint of heart.
We’re constantly working on new stuff for the game, and this is just the beginning for Boundless. So expect to see new creatures, weapons, and materials coming to the game regularly after launch.
We’ve been developing the game for around four years now, and during testing endlessly we’ve seen an amazing community established around it. With huge cities built and an active economy in place, we’re really excited to see where it goes when PS4 is added to the mix. Of course, ahead of launch we’ll be resetting the universe so that all players start from the beginning, and we can’t wait to see the worlds you all create together.
See you in September everyone!