Posted

This week’s PlayStation Store highlights: Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 beta, 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, Anamorphine, more

Check out the full release schedule for the week ahead

This week on PlayStation Store we welcome back Call of Duty with the PlayStation 4-exclusive Black Ops 4 multiplayer beta. Elsewhere, play a photojournalist in tense, interactive drama 1979 Revolution: Black Friday, while the surreal Anamorphine takes a deep dive into the subconscious. All this, plus the rest of this week’s new releases are detailed below!

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 beta

Be the first to try the latest Call of Duty multiplayer experience this weekend when you pre-order Black Ops 4. The private multiplayer beta includes several fan-favourite game modes such as Team Deathmatch, Hardpoint, Domination and Search & Destroy, as well as an all-new mode: Control.

2. 1979 Revolution: Black Friday

1979 Revolution: Black Friday is an interactive drama about choice and consequence based on true stories and historical events. Step into the shoes of an Iranian photojournalist who returns home to find his people protesting the ruling King, the Shah. Armed with your camera, you’re soon pulled into a dangerous world of revolution and civil unrest.

3. Anamorphine

Anamorphine is a surreal first-person exploration game where you experience the memories of the main character after an unknown trauma. Discover what happened by journeying through Tyler’s memories of his relationship with his wife Elena. Be ready as Tyler’s subconscious twists the game in unexpected ways.

TITLE

• Available: 31st July

PlayStation StoreOut this week

ps4

• 1979 Revolution: Black Friday
    1st August

• Roundabout (Cross-Buy bundle)
    1st August

1st August

• ONRUSH

• VORTEX BUGGY

2nd August

• Conan Exiles

• Jewel of the West Pack

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store on your mobile, tablet or computer.

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in July

22 Comments
0 Author replies
MiseryPrincess 30 July, 2018 @ 18:39

Welcome back from your outages!

Nothing interesting for me this week at all. However “My Riding Stables Life with Horses” gets the prize for the oddest title, and “The Wardrobe” for the most mundane titled game ever.

(Defiance seems to be getting released every week now…)

matdubtruck 31 July, 2018 @ 13:38
1.1

I don’t get it, does riding make her life with horses more stable?

I guess it’s the PS4 version of My Horse and Me 2. Earning achievements and trophies aside…there was dressage, horse grooming, a crush on the stable hand who was very obviously not into girls and would never return the flirty intention of a wannabe Felicity Kendall. You could ride a mechanical bull and the vast majority of the game was watching a teen girl bounce up and down while horse riding .I bought it for £15 and sold it £110. My guess is it will be like that with a very easy platinum.

deleted

MiseryPrincess 30 July, 2018 @ 19:04
2.1

All the “bigger” games seem to be releasing in September/October so we’re stuck with this stuff for a little while longer.

I mean for me in October there’s 3 games I want releasing one day after the other. It would be soo much better if they’d spread themselves out a bit to July and August.

jamestillett 30 July, 2018 @ 20:10
2.2

true but this whole year has a poor release schedule but its refered to as a mid gen Lull

jamestillett 30 July, 2018 @ 19:03

I am Laughing & i am laughing at Sony Europe why you may ask well they are having to live with this just as much as we are it,s another poor line up & Sony Europe know this and what must be very frustrating for them they have to stick to it but it,s helping me save money nothing even worth looking at this week (i am trying to keep quite about the Neo Geo,s) well at least they are available in all regions this week. Yet another very poor week again maybe next maybe next Sony will be kind and release some Neo geo arcade archives

matdubtruck 31 July, 2018 @ 13:35
3.1

This—->. It’s called a full stop.

jamestillett 30 July, 2018 @ 19:06

Don,t you mean Sh** is being released every week now & there nothing Sony can do about it they have to stick to there release schedule

deleted post

I bought 1979 Revolution: Black Friday when it as released for PC and think it’s a very good game. Although to be fair, it isn’t really that much of a game, more of an interactive documentary in Telltale style that taught me a lot about the Iranian Revolution back in 1979 that I didn’t know. Which I think is cool, wish there were more gaming documentaries like this about other historical moments.

EDIT: Never mind.

Carnivius_Prime 30 July, 2018 @ 21:10

Ah, Chasm’s finally coming out. Cool. I may get that. :)

matdubtruck 31 July, 2018 @ 13:33

I can experience memories and trauma? I have real life for that s#@t.

Do you think it would be possible to update sales on the vita? The vita store has never been user friendly and any of the games on sale is only viewable as price drops.

Tuulenpoika 31 July, 2018 @ 16:48
10.1

Or even better, update the store page of Vita TV from its current state of showing the “most recent” games from October, 2010? Because that was the last time it was updated, and even then it was only after a firmware release.

Let that sink in for a moment.

MiseryPrincess 31 July, 2018 @ 22:04
10.2

Pretty much none of the console store pages are very good (strangely the different regions have different store page setups too, with Europe probably being the worst).

Though, there’s always the web store, which is the fastest loading and easiest to use!!

8 to glory?

Where’s Chasm for PS Vita?

12.1

A better question: Where is Chasm? It’s definitely not in the Store (at least not in my region).

12.2

Yeah, noticed that too afterwards. Went to Bitkid forum, and another dude in Bulgaria didnt get it too.

I hope, by now you are aware that there’s some problem with Roundabout on the Vita. It doesn’t appear in the downloads list and pressing the “Download” button does nothing.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history