Posted

Celebrate an incredible milestone in PlayStation history with the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro

We couldn’t have done it without you

Today we’re proud to announce the PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition, a special console limited to 50,000 units globally that celebrates a phenomenal milestone in our history. This release marks PlayStation surpassing an incredible 500 million system sales worldwide.

It’s a huge milestone. One only reached because of you, the players. So, whether you first joined us with the original PlayStation, PS2, PSP (PlayStation Portable), PS3, PS Vita or PS4: thank you. You’ve made PlayStation the best place to play since it first launched back in 1994.

And in recognition of such a remarkable milestone, we’re proud to announce a remarkable console design. There’ll be chances to win the PlayStation 4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition as well as purchase it from select retailers across Europe* from the 24th August, at an RRP of €499.

Packaged in a special translucent collector’s box, you’ll find a translucent dark blue 2TB PlayStation 4 Pro, which, with the blue power light on, lets you glimpse into the illuminated interior of the super-charged PS4. Each console has a commemorative copper plate on its front, with its unique limited edition number etched on. Take a closer look below in the console’s unboxing video.

Bundled with the console is a matching Dualshock 4, its dark blue translucent design complimented by a copper PS symbol. You’ll also find a translucent dark blue vertical stand and mono-headset in the box, plus a special dark blue PlayStation Camera and matching stand.

TITLE TITLETITLE

TITLE TITLETITLE

The same wireless controller included with the PS4 Pro 500 Million Limited Edition will also be available separately on 24th August in select markets* with an RRP of €64. But that’s not all!

TITLE TITLETITLE

Today we are also announcing a commemorative Gold Wireless Headset 500 Million Limited Edition, sporting the same dark blue translucent design with copper detailing. Check out the first shots of this below and more details about the headsets features here. The headset will be available across Europe* from 11th October with an RRP of €89.

TITLE TITLETITLE

Head over to PlayStation.com here to find out more and be sure to sign up to our newsletter so you don’t miss out on the chance to win the 500 Million Limited Edition PS4 Pro.

A final thank you, to the players past and present who for the last 24 years have made PlayStation the best place to play. Here’s to the next 500 million adventures, epic moments and memories made with friends and family.

*Check your local retailer for availability.

What did you think about this story?
41 Comments
0 Author replies

That is effing beautiful. Love the color! <3

Not a fan of the “bling” at all! Looks like that weird Drake guy has tried to make his playstation look better but somehow made it look worse. You know, like what they do with their watches, cars, houses and ladies. Peace out.

Thank you, Playstation really is the best place to play and i am happy to be part of this amazing comunity of players and have access to amazing worlds and story’s its all down to you guys back at Sony, Playstation and amazing developers wheather its indie, 1st or 3rd party you guys always are there to support the platform with great content. Congrats and thank you for everything you did you deserved it we are here to support you…

25th anniversary next year….

God I feel old lol

Oh man, I’m so tempted to trade my pro in towards this, what a gorgeous looking console!

Absolutely stunning, hope I can get hold of one in the UK…. 💙

6.1

Me too wonder who will be selling them??

HeikeStagBeetle 09 August, 2018 @ 13:43

That wireless headset looks very sleek, despite (or thanks to?) a very distinct lack of gold in its colour scheme.

And this proves that at least someone at Sony remembers the Vita! (Without counting Vita sales, this milestone would have been delayed by a year or so.)

Anyway, congratulations!

Have you got a list of uk retailers that will stock this? If so when will we be able to pre-order?

I have to say what a beautiful console! I’ve been part of the Sony family since PS1 and what a journey it’s been.

8.1

Available to pre-order from 10am, 14th August at retailers, including Amazon.co.uk, Game.co.uk, smythstoys.com, ShopTo.net and Very.co.uk :D

taking from here https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/explore/ps4/ps4-pro/le-500-million/

8.2

Nice one thanks for that!!

Beautiful

Entered for the newletter hope i win one since im broke

What’s the breakdown in historical sales? I know PSone and PS2 did 100+ million each and PS3/4 are in the eighties but that leaves a big gap?

veryhoudini11 09 August, 2018 @ 14:58
11.1

All of the main consoles plus the PSP add up to about 495, leaving only 5mil Vitas needed to be sold to reach this milestone.

About 524 million..

WOW!!! :P I need it :P

Looks fantastic but I can’t say I’m looking forward to failing to buy one and then watching them all go on ebay for a 250% increased price 🤔

Yachiru_Kusajish 09 August, 2018 @ 15:34

Looks great, although the link at the end is dead http://www.playstation.com/500million

14.1

Works for me, I end up at a swedish page about this L:E PS4 Pro. :)

What good is this to people who just bought a Pro?

Keep it. Go waste money on oh…I don’t know…a reliable service?

candy-coloured 09 August, 2018 @ 19:57

This edition is wonderful, and not too ostentatious.

My PS4 original keeps spitting out discs—despite numerous attempts to fix it—and I was wondering whether to go PS4 Slim or upgrade to a Pro.

I guess I now know what to do

Just placed my pre-order! Will sit beautifully next to my 20th anniversary PS4. Congratulation on this milestone Sony!

17.1

How? You can’t order it yet…

17.2

It is in my country. No idea how they will do it everywhere else.

Looks good!

-Some weird double post thing-

PlasticArcade 10 August, 2018 @ 14:24

Looks a charm. Futureproofing design and colour, so someone’s going to be very lucky to have this!

Beautiful. Especially dig the controller with the lights that jazz up the big and crude handles. Not a fan of the gold touches though, especially that little bar beneath the USB slots Oo Silver is so much more beautiful. But yea, looks good in general. Would prefer seeing more practical changes than aesthetics ofcourse, like a more quiet console for a change (eventhough only my launchmodel had the actual horribly loud jet sound, all my sequential consoles are very loud as well).

MiseryPrincess 11 August, 2018 @ 18:38
20.1

Yes, I really don’t like that weird bar of gold there. The PS4 symbol and PS symbol are less distracting, but the bar is just giant.

Silver always looks more classy, gold looks kind of cheap.

Does anybody happen to know if the US gets a pre-order day. I have been scouring everywhere on the internet and I keep running into August 24 as the order date.

21.1

Better off asking on your own blog. This is EU only.

looks nice but i only want the kh3 limited ps4 pro :D

smw1985beezer 15 August, 2018 @ 12:09

Im one of the lucky ones to have successfully pre-ordered probably the best looking PS4 console ever done :-) , now don’t know what to do with my other pro console.

Horhe_Sanchez 16 August, 2018 @ 10:12

Can somebody tell me what stores to check in America for this playstation limited edition

24.1

US pre order date is 24th it seems looks like US gonna be getting them after everyone else.

Omg this looks seriously beautiful. I was so disappointed not to get one as my Amazon.co.uk order was cancelled having got to checkout at three other retailers all failing as stock was zero. I really don’t want to pay the stupid prices on eBay but it’s for someone with chronic spinal pain and the best way they can relax and forget the pain is immersing themselves into the PlayStation. I just hope that Sony finds some more stock from somewhere

25.1

I got myself down for a pre order at smyths not amazon sorry you lost out due to multi buyers and amazon putting it up for sale too early maybe next limited edition could be yours :)

25.2

Yes I tried Smyths and got to checkout 10 times and put in payment details and it then came back saying we can’t process your order it’s out of stock. I also tried Currys but they have been cancelling heaps of pre orders too and tried Very but the product only displayed on the website after it sold out. Overall a very frustrating experience and so wanted to help someone who has been in chronic pain for over 14 years

Anyone know how many controllers and headsets are being made available just wondering how limited they are? I have managed to pre order console plus extra controller and headset be nice to get a skin for psvr to match and some matching move controllers

Edit history