Posted

New this week on PlayStation Store: Astro Bot Rescue Mission, Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, more

Mega Man 11, WWE 2K19 and Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise also land this week

Things are looking busy on PlayStation Store this week, with a slate of new releases offering something for all tastes. Let’s look at the highlights, then jump into the full list of new arrivals below.

1. Astro Bot Rescue Mission

Japan Studio delivers an absolutely delightful platforming adventure this week, tailor made for PlayStation VR. Building on the brief romp included in The Playroom VR, Astro Bot Rescue Mission is a whirlwind of clever ideas, memorable boss encounters and fiendish platforming challenges.

2. Assassin’s Creed Odyssey

Ubisoft’s enduring open-world saga continues this week with the arrival of Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey. This time around you get to explore the iconic monuments and sprawling cities of ancient Greece.

3. WWE 2k19

2K’s long-running wrestling franchise returns to the ring this week with a huge array of fighters (this year’s roster tops the 200 mark), special moves, customisation options and gameplay modes. Get ready to grapple.

4. Mega Man 11

The blue bomber returns to action this week, with another set of no-nonsense boss characters to take down and fiendish platforming gauntlets to navigate. It’s a welcome return for Capcom’s iconic protagonist – it’s been eight years since his last mainline outing!

This week’s new pre-orders

A handful of impending new releases are now available for pre-order:

Remember, if you’ve not got access to your PS4, PS3 or PS Vita then you can also buy through our online store.

Free for PlayStation Plus subscribers in October

• /
  • /

• /
  • /

• /
  • /
29 Comments
0 Author replies

I’m getting new AC game when get mine in the post this Saturday or Friday . Didn’t get early edition because still playing shadow of tomb Raider and Spider-Man both great games. Wwe 2k19 for me next week.

Carnivius_Prime 01 October, 2018 @ 17:07

Nah i’m good thanks.

X_Blood_Curse_X 01 October, 2018 @ 17:34

Why would I buy cool games like Mega Man and Astro bot when you’ve given us such brilliant plus games this month?

3.1

first month that im not even gonna download a single game from plus

First? Most months are like that for me lol

When it is something decent its usually something I already own but I agree October is pretty weak.

Can’t download from Plus without a sub anyways.

A question: Are we getting the same digital pre-order bonuses for Resonance of Fate HD that the US store will be getting? According to the announcement for the game, there’s an additional theme and avatar for anyone who pre-orders.

It’s due for release on the 18th, but there’s no pre-order option as yet on the EU side of things.

I totally forgot Astro bot was coming out…

Damn I want it

“Omae wa mou shindeiru” all the way!

First AC I’m not gonna buy, I was a fan of the series but lost interest with Origins despite the positive reviews, it wasn’t a bad game but it’s just not AC anymore.

7.1

Same here. I’ll probably pick it up eventually but for now I’ll just play some Persona 5 untill RDR2 arrives :p

I loved black flag because Pirates but couldn’t get into the others. Played Origins during the lull and absolutely loved it. My other half is an OG fan of AC , god knows we have boxes of collectors editions everywhere, and she hates the direction the new games have taken too. I am not entirely sure how to feel though. On one hand I would hate for a favourite of mine to change so much it is unrecognizable, but, on the other I read Assassins Creed was developed as a successor to Prince of Persia. Either way, I have it but at 65 hours into DQ XI I am nowhere near done so AC will have to wait.

Black Flag was my favorite and I know Odyssey has ships too but the ground combat mechanics have changed too much for me, some people said it was needed as the fighting was too easy but there was a fluidity to it that has gone now and combat just feels clunky, its lost what made it fun to play imo, the combat in some of the preview videos almost looks like For Honor.

Having said all that I’ll still probably pick it up later when its on sale :D

Oooo AC:O is here. Quite looking forward to this. Bit of a classics-fables geek, I could stand to cruise the ancient kingdoms and assassinate the people who really deserve it. Rock on.

Another busy week. Have mercy on my wallet.

Astrobot for me. It actually seems like the first big good VR title. (not just of a port of TV game)

I’ve been playing AC Odyssy (early access) almost non stop since yesterday. All I can say is, and after 9 hours playing, this is one epic, polished and beutiful RPG. Just one thing to be aware of. This isn’t AC anymore, but in my view so much more in every respect. I highly recommend playing it.

ps

Forgot to add, I’m playing this game on xbone x and its all smooth and lovely, so not sure how it’s performing on the Ps4 pro.

Will you ever fix the Download queue on the Store? It’s been 5 months since it was first reported, it’s unusable with PS3 and Vita content. You guys keeps insisting it’s being investigated, but it shouldn’t take 5 months to investigate (and someone lied about it being fixed in July)

Also why the Store keeps adding 1 wishlisted item to our Wishlist even if we have 0 wishlisted items? It’s probably the 3rd-4th time it happens.

Much as I enjoy Assassin’s Creed… why buy before a) they patch all the inevitable issues and b) it goes 75% off in the annual 12 days of Xmas sale?

The same can be said for the rest of the big names this year I can see most of them in the 12 days deal not 75% but discounted around 20-35% making them just below retail price

Finka_Karfein 02 October, 2018 @ 18:19

And you’re still missing the Store highlights from week 35 (the one with Yakuza Kiwami 2).

14.1

dude they’re never going to post it, let it go lol

Finka_Karfein 09 October, 2018 @ 19:19
14.2

Never :D Gonna remind them of their shame :D

mygamingnewz2 03 October, 2018 @ 13:48

Racket Fury? Released today – Not available

Freaky Awesome? Released today – Not available

Pilot Sports? Released today -Not available

There is not a single week that we have products advertised and not being available top download.

Sometime products appear several times in consecutive weeks (Warface, Pilot Sports) and consecutively never show up on the store.

What a mess!!

Assassins creed regular, deluxe, gold and ultimate? Oh ubisoft you do suck so very much.

ilikethispart 03 October, 2018 @ 15:09

Is Valthirian Arc Hero School Story really being released today? It’s still not on the sore, and it was in the weekly list here in the blog last week too so I wonder if something’s up.

Where’s the Kazuma Kiryu Skin? other regions already got it

For those of you annoyed by the fact that Racket Fury is not available yet, despite it clearly saying that it’s released today (the 3rd) I have just read a post on Reddit by the developer that states that it’s out on the 4th in the EU! He posted that on the 2nd but unfortunately nobody thought to mention it to the EU store staff prior to the blog post. It will also have a 10% PS+ discount.

Has the Kiryu skin for FOTNS been delayed?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history