Posted

New titles join PlayStation Store’s massive January sale today

Grab a bargain on Hitman 2, Resident Evil 7 Biohazard, Assassin’s Creed Origins and more
What did you think about this story?
21 Comments
0 Author replies
TheUndeadBurg 04 January, 2019 @ 02:22

Still no NieR: Automata sale?

You’re not missing out, gameplay wise it’s one of the worst games I’ve bought since early PS3.

1.2

LOL

Maybe it’ll be on sale next time or it might be a deal of the week. Was it not on sale so far?

I liked it quite a lot and wouldn’t say the gameplay is bad. Then again, I loved NieR Gestalt and various titles by PlatinumGames, so of course I’d like Automata.

Sooo who got a smack on the hand for advertising this a week early? ;)

So, you advertise a week early and you serve up nothing decent except Yakuza Kiwami 2?

To be honest the selection on offer is rather small and boring.

Is it just these or are you including other smaller and digital games as well?

If this is all that this new batch includes, it’s very, very, extremely underwhelming. Don’t build up the hype if the total amount of games added is going to be less than 5% of the initial offerings.

Also, not a fan of seeing many games being discounted for PS4, yet not on Vita, such as Touhou Double Focus and Rabi-Ribi. Would really like to know if this is a deliberate move made by the publishers, it’s not exactly nice having to pay the full price for a same game just because it’s the Vita version of it.

Also, it would be nice of you to actually make the news page ready enough for it to have the link working on the news page, instead of a placeholder “[link]” that isn’t a link to begin with.

crimsonidol-de 04 January, 2019 @ 10:46
4.1

The Vita-versions of Rabi-Ribi and Touhou Double Focus will probably be on sale again in April/May when the Big in Japan-sale comes again. I also find it rather stupid as I prefer to play a few games on a handheld rather than on a big screen. And Remote-Play ain’t an excuse as it feels stupid to power up the PS4 just to stream the game on a different system if you could play it on that different platform as a native game.

Finally EA, Activision and Ubisoft titles on sale.

hell yeah! big relief

Tetris effect please

£19.99 is the magic number.

Carnivius_Prime 04 January, 2019 @ 09:41

nah, this batch ain’t so good.

DarthKenobi66 04 January, 2019 @ 14:00

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.

ihadalifeb4this 04 January, 2019 @ 16:47
8.1

@DarthKenobi66 Nothing like first world problems to ruin the day ;p

lol you must be quite upset

Hoped for some more Vita titles like Disgaea 4 or, god forbid, something from Koei Tecmo like Atelier series, for which I’m asking every month. But of course I assume it’s not soleley up to you guys. It’s up to some old Japanese f*rts from KT to put their games on sale and actually get some profit from them. And they don’t want that. Because I have no idea who’s buying old Atelier games for 40+ pounds anymore.

9.1

There are some of Koei Techmo’s own games on sale right now, like the Samurai Warriors series.

Though KT are the publisher, Atelier going on sale would also be down to Gust, who probably don’t care about Europe where they sell 3-6 copies every year total. The physical copies are usually cheaper however, the PS4 tiles are all about 20 or less.

Purchased some credit. Nothing to spend it on!

Horizon Chase Turbo and Railway Empire DLC please!… neither have ever featured in a sale.

sithknight666 07 January, 2019 @ 09:44

I was hoping there would be more vita titles in the sale so I could give the vita some love. Vita games won’t be available through ps plus soon,and unable to play through ps now, so i would rather purchase vita games. Disappointed with the sale, especially the add on. And why is there not a section on the store that shows you what has recently been added to the sale?

Edit history