Posted

PlayStation Now is coming soon to Spain, Italy, Portugal, Denmark, Norway, Finland and Sweden

Sign up now for the public beta, starting in early February, and access over 600 games

Today we’re happy to announce that the PlayStation Now service will roll out to new territories across Europe later this year.

Gamers in Spain, Italy, Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Sweden will soon join UK, Germany, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Luxemburg and Ireland in having access to over 600+ games from the PS4, PS3 and PS2 eras.

We’ll confirm a launch date for these new regions soon, but in the meantime we’re inviting gamers in Spain, Italy, Portugal, Norway, Denmark, Finland and Sweden to register for the PS Now beta, due to start in early February and enjoy access up to 600 titles from the full list which will be available at launch and provide their feedback.

TITLE

Visit the PS Now beta registration site to sign up. Please note that this is a PS4-only beta – PC users will have to wait a little longer to get their hands on the service.

A PS Now subscription lets you stream your next PS2, PS3 or PS4 adventure on PS4 or Windows PC or, if you prefer, download PS4 and PS2 games to your console for offline play in full native resolution.

There’s something on offer for every type of player, from racing games to beat ’em ups, shooters to indies, RPGs to family fun, and everything in between. Recent titles to join the service include Prey, For Honor, Mafia III and DiRT 4, with more games added every month.

63 Comments
0 Author replies
theshortbaker 23 January, 2019 @ 10:26

Any time frame or hope of Australia getting a look in? Our internet will be trash for streaming, but downloading to the console would work, just takes some time….

1.1

Sony set up a cloud gaming office in Adelaide late last year. So yeah, it’s pretty safe to say Australia will be coming at some point. Google ‘Sony Cloud Adelaide’ and the story should pop up.

Any chance of a Mac client, or iOS, or Android? Anything that doesn’t require a PS4 or Windows?

Fully agree… client on Mac or iPad is very required.

mschulze01010101 23 January, 2019 @ 11:42
2.2

well some time ago they killed clients for Vita, Sony blu-ray players and Sony TVs. So the chances for more clients are slim. I believe their client for some Sony smartphones is still available.

2.3

I don’t think PS Now was ever available for Sony Phones, I think you may have been thinking of Remote Play.

Show more replies

Poland not included again. I do not understand why. I feel sad. Microsoft was able to launch their Game Pass here.

3.1

That’s a completely different prospect though, game pass is 100% downloads and plays locally from your Xbox, a good portion of PS Now is streaming PS3 games and relies heavily on having good network infrastructure

Network infrastructure in Poland is at very good level. 100 Mbps and low latency over fiber optic is a standart offering from internet providers

You will be surprised how good network infrastructure we’ve got here. Moreover Nvidia game streaming service is working in Poland with no troubles. I’m using it time to time to play some Steam games available on PC, but not on Mac (as I’m a Mac user). And it’s working really good.

Show more replies

Thanks Playstation for not including us.

What was the reason you removed PSnow from Vita and Vita TV?

makes no sense..

5.1

It’s simple. Less than 20 million people will own a Vita or PlayStation TV. And only a percentage of them will have had access to PlayStation Now. And only a percentage of those with access will have actually used it.

There’s no denying that, but it still doesn’t make sense to drop the service that had already been launched. It wouldn’t have cost them anything simply to allow Vita users to carry on using it. Genuinely the reason I don’t have PS Now is because they dropped Vita support.

biscuit_of_rage 23 January, 2019 @ 11:56

what about South Africa?

I think you and I both know why it won’t come here. At least, not anytime soon anyways.

Amitkumar80752 23 January, 2019 @ 12:11

Why is India still not included :(

electronicapunk 31 January, 2019 @ 10:29
7.1

well this is the EU blog… to begin with :)

Any plans for Greece?

What about RUSSIA?

Signed up less than an hour ago. Have been playing Ace Combat 7 meanwhile and now the PS NOW beta invite pop-ed up on my PS4. That was fast, thanks Sony :)

We need it here in Poland. Strange that it is not included. Any plans to do it?

Are there any plans for Romania?

Shotgunshooter 23 January, 2019 @ 14:47

The future of PS5 begins. Digital gaming takes over the World💯

Only a couple of years late, but hey i’ll take it. Actually nice to see Scandinavia being included.

😭Finally

YES! Finally, will sub for a year right away :)

Can’t wait to have this. It’s been a long wait, but now I can finally enjoy my Ps3 games on my PS4.

Hey Sony, how about Darkest Peru?

No Bulgaria?

A bit unrelated, but some of your games are mixed using DTSX audio software, you just bought audio kinetica, about time to bring atmos and DTSX to ps4?

Will Sony ever get it right why not use there Streaming Service for Movies & Make the ps4 BWC

with PS3 games Six years after launch there still rolling it & there talking about PS5 is this some kind of Joke

20.1

This has been said so many times but I guess I’ll say it again just for you. The PS3’s Core Architecture CPU is very difficult to emulate and the PS4 is not powerful enough to do it, that’s why there isn’t true backwards compatibility for PS3 games on the PS4. At present games are just about running on top of the line PCs emulating the PS3 so the fact that the PS4 is currently at the power level of a low range pre-built gaming PC means that it will never happen.

Carnivius_Prime 23 January, 2019 @ 16:56
20.2

I’m just grateful many of the best PS3 games have been ported/remastered for PS4 and look better than on PS3 anyways. Although yes I’ve had to buy my faves again but often have just waited for good sales and nabbed them when cheap. :D

StevenJamesHyde 24 January, 2019 @ 15:58
20.3

All we need is PS4 remasters of Demon’s Souls, Ni No Kuni, God of War Ascension, A Crack in Time, MGS4, the Resistance trilogy, the Killzone trilogy, 3D Dot Game Heroes and Ico, then I can finally pack the PS3 away

Show more replies

Portugal, finally! It sure does take time for Sony to do this stuff.

Now, please give me Ps Vita 2!

KLEEBANKLIBAN 23 January, 2019 @ 16:51

Awesome that this is expanding! Hopefully launch goes smoothly for the countries.

Since I still own every Sony console since PS2, I’m not that interested. But if you put on PS Now something niche (or expensive) like Rule of Rose without porting it for the #PS2PS4 initiative, I’m more than interested. When it comes to Poland, that is.

Finally! I’ve been eagerly awaiting this for a long long time. Now just add ps1 and ps2 games to the service and I’ll be a lifetime subscriber :)

Thank you!

Now for the love of god give us the ability to remove games from achievements (I hate that 1% in a game I will never play)

Earth will get invaded by aliens before PS Now launches in Ukraine. This must be the longest service roll-out in the history of tech.

Any plans for Mexico?

Apple are difficult when it comes to having an app on their service that allows users to play games that apple don’t get a cut of. Steam had problems last year with releasing an app on iOS.

…and SWEDEN!!!!

YES YES YES! Been waiting patiently since 2014, nah I’ve been loud and outspoken about it. Its about DAMN time, we have the best internet in the world, maybe second best… but you get the point.

29.1

Denmark, Norway and Sweden are all in the top 4, only beaten by Singapore at number 1. Internet speed was never a good excuse for it taking so long to get to our part of the world, but at least it’s almost here. My 1000mbps connection is ready

Thank you, Playstation! Excited to try this

C’mon i want Playstation Now on Romania!😖

What about the rest Europe? At least give an option for all PS3 and PS2 games to download cause no one has a “good” internet connection.

nosweat9000cats2 26 January, 2019 @ 15:39 Edited

Well it’s about dang time this service is expanding to other EU countries!

Also, will it be possible to download any digital PS2 and PS3 games to PS4, that have alredy been purchased with the PSN/SEN account, free of charge?

What about other European countries, like Peru, Mexico, Australia, and South Africa?

When will it be in Poland??

Sad that you had less than a week to sign up. Been waiting forever for this, and the week they announce beta I happen to miss the post. I guess I just have to wait another 6-7 months until they release it for real…..

Same think on xbox called Game Pass works in Australia they even let you switch to any region. Shame we dont have it yet on ps4

electronicapunk 31 January, 2019 @ 10:32

signed up to the beta as soon as the news came out but did not receive an invite… that’s a bummer :(

I can’t sign up for Playstation Now why? I’m from Portugal btw

Hi,

Do you have some sort of plans to roll out to the rest of europe? Or at least give us some information on how it will progress farther? A grew up on PS, I have PS Now in my PC for almost a year in hopes that it won’t be that much longer and yet still my country (Czech Republic) isn’t included. Are we that small of a market? I would just like to know the process behind which countries get approved and which one’s have to wait :). Thank’s for a response and have a nice day.

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history