Posted

Watch State of Play live here

PlayStation’s new video showcase airs today - tune in here for new PS4 and PS VR announcements

Today we’re bringing you the first-ever episode of State of Play. The new livestream event will deliver a host of announcements and updates for upcoming PS4 and PS VR software. You can watch State of Play right here, today at 9.00pm GMT/10.00pm CET.

WATCH LIVE:

You can also watch State of Play live on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter or Facebook worldwide. Can’t tune in? No worries – we’ll publish a VOD edition shortly after the episode airs.

Revisit this post after you watch State of Play for more information about the game announcements and updates. A comprehensive collection of detailed blogs packed with new information will be waiting.

Enjoy the show!

34 Comments
0 Author replies
X_Blood_Curse_X 25 March, 2019 @ 16:13

Glad I won’t have to stay up til like 3am like past E3 events!

1.1

Imagine if you stayed up for that, though :) They can barely please people with a full convention show…

X_Blood_Curse_X 25 March, 2019 @ 21:52 Edited
1.2

@Stonesthrow

Forget staying up, it was hardly even worth turning off Netflix

So based on there not being a weekly store update posted yet I’m gambling on an “It’s available right now!!!” moment and the store update will be posted after this concludes.

2.1

Yes please

2.2

My thinking too

MiseryPrincess 26 March, 2019 @ 03:42
2.3

As it’s a US show they couldn’t really do that.

I guess they didn’t post it as they thought it would take focus or be buried or something.

Decent of you to wait until the England game is finished 🙄

jamestillett 25 March, 2019 @ 20:09
3.1

the second Half will just have start then how Thought-less of them if you ask me

they just gone 1-0 down by the way England. but that,s beside the point where the hell is this weeks Store update not that it matters that much just a handful of rubbish like we have seen over the last 14 months maybe they will include it in the Video?

4.1

Seven release tomorrow I think, looks great :) Outward also, and the final episode of the last season of Walking Dead.

Announce 1st party titles on PSnow day 1 and I’ll sub straight away. (Even with a price increase.)

jason-bridges 25 March, 2019 @ 21:03

Thanks for the link!

jason-bridges 25 March, 2019 @ 22:02
6.1

Actually wish I hadn’t bothered what a waste of time.

That was AWFUL. Awful and short.

X_Blood_Curse_X 25 March, 2019 @ 21:28
7.1

Lol I know right. 15 minutes? Are you kidding me? Nintendo directs get millions of views, good luck with that Sony if this is what you have to show

7.2

It’s based on Nintendo Direct, which are also short. It’s not an E3 conference.

They’re meant to be short and sweet, with more coming throughout the year.

If you didn’t like any of those, you must be a very miserable person.

7.3

Not VR fan and everything else was meh. Days gone I’d made my mind up to get long time ago but the more I see the more generic it’s looking tbh.

Sony is standing still when gaming has just begun to hit another period of innovation with all their competitors making big strides with new services and ways to play.

Show more replies

WOW!!! Mostly VR games, no big announcements. What a let down. That was my first and last broadcast i ever watch…

8.1

Wow, Sony literally can’t win. Either they don’t talk about VR enough or they talk about it too much.

8.2

It was the first, to get the ball rolling. They will show the big stuff closer to summer :)

MiseryPrincess 26 March, 2019 @ 03:46
8.3

There’s a big divide between “not talking about it” and “talking about it for half the show”.

They should limit it to 1-3 titles at most.

They’re basically talking about releases 95%+ of their userbase can’t play for half the show.

idk why but people are just so ungrateful… Can’t wait for Concrete Genie, it looks amazing!

9.1

YES, loved when they showed it the first time on E3, so hyped for it :)

I was right not to get my hopes up, turned off my game for that… Too short and insignificant. Might have well put the trailers online and do a blog post on VR support for No Man’s Sky as usual… Still like the look of Concrete Genie but the footage wasn’t more revealing.

The trailers are online on the blog – this blog 🤨

Not even an April ps plus announcement! Show was BAD. Wake up PlayStation.

MiseryPrincess 26 March, 2019 @ 03:49
11.1

To be fair to them the PS+ announcement happens on the last Wednesday of the month so it’s a bit early.

Great show. Just the pace and the amount it needed. Genie looks fantastic. Stop whining.

This is actually awesome, stupid conventions that noone can attend to anyway, or get there to wait for hours and hours are so outdated.

Bundling Resources to get the Stuff in our Homes is the right step!

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history