Posted

New on PlayStation Store this week: Fade to Silence, Warframe: Prime Vault, The End is Nigh, more

Plus, pre-order Madden NFL 20 and Mini-Mech Mayhem

We’re back with new and exciting titles releasing on PlayStation Store over the next seven days. Explore a harsh frozen world in Fade to Silence, take to the battlefield in sci-fi shooter Warframe, or embark on a platform adventure in The End is Nigh. Read on for the highlights.

1. Fade to Silence

Black Forest Games delivers a survival RPG set in a deadly post-apocalyptic winter. Explore a frozen wasteland as you gather resources and try to build a refuge for survivors. And because we don’t want it to be too easy, let’s throw in a few monsters as well…

• Available: Tuesday 30th April

2. Warframe: Prime Vault

Warframe: Prime Vault
Digital Extremes is reopening the Prime Vault to its third-person online multiplayer. Volt Prime returns alongside Loki Prime, high-demand accessories, Prime weapons and discounted Platinum for a limited time. You better hurry up!

• Available: Friday 3rd May

3. The End is Nigh

The End is Nigh
Take control over the blob-like creature Ash, one of the few survivors of the apocalypse, and work your way through this challenging platform adventure by Tyler Glaiel and Edmund McMillen – the creator of The Binding of Isaac. Prepare to die… a lot.

• Available: Tuesday 30th April

This week’s pre-orders

1. Madden NFL 20

Become an NFL superstar in EA Sports’ American football simulator. Build your career from college football to the major leagues in the Face of the Franchise: QB1, or earn bragging rights by defeating your friends.

2. Mini-Mech Mayhem

If you’re up for a laugh, keep an eye on FuturLab’s PSVR exclusive table-top battle game with a heart-warming sense of humour. Play against up to three other players and build a perfect strategy – then rebuild it when it all falls apart.

*All release dates are correct at time of publication.

What did you think about this story?
36 Comments
0 Author replies
Carnivius_Prime 29 April, 2019 @ 17:49

eh nothing for me but that’s ok cos my TV broke last week and I had to spend a few hundred of my savings to get a new one but that’s ok cos i thought as long as i have to buy a new one i may as well get a bigger screen and finally go 4K and HDR and all that malarkey since i have a Pro that can use such things. But yeah I’mma just gonna be eating beans on toast til my savings be saved some more. :/

1.1

my tv not broken and mine is 1080p frames and it’s 7 or 8 years old. I guess my tv will never break when PS5 comes out oh well

1.2

“… beans on toast …” I would rather only eat toast, then you save even more. (no offense)

1.3

Better than toast on beans i guess.

Woohoo, VA-11 HALL-A!!

Well at least Days gone sold a lot because reviews where wrong on it I’m enjoying it

3.1

I agree. Lots of hate for this game from critics but gamers like me who actually play it really enjoy it. . Let’s hope it sustains sales so Bend can make another game as Sony appears to be very unforgiving with studios when things do not got to plan, closing them down (e.g. Evolution, Liverpool, etc).

MiseryPrincess 30 April, 2019 @ 21:40
3.2

Reviews don’t really matter much for new releases as most people preorder games months early.

According to the store MK XI is already above it in the sales chart however.

People I have bad news there is a Rumour that MGS Survive is the next ps plus game this month oh god please don’t be true

Carnivius_Prime 29 April, 2019 @ 18:05
4.1

Yeah i saw them rumours too and i’m like hell i don’t even like ‘good’ metal gear, why on earth would i want trash metal gear?

4.2

yeah PS Asia got Metal Gear Survive for May, but they’ve had different games than EU the past few months. we’ll see. At least you know the comment section’s gonna be fun

4.3

I’d be happy with it. I want to play it but I don’t want to directly give Konami more money than is strictly necessary so getting it on PS+ seems like a good compromise. Also it’s be nice to actually get a game I don’t already have for once.

Show more replies
blacksheepwall_ 29 April, 2019 @ 18:10

Rocksmith DLC for this week is a Greta Van Fleet 3 pack with “Edge of Darkness” “When The Curtain Falls” & “You’re the One”.

5.1

Thanks for this. I don’t know why they don’t put it up. I just started playing the game again after a couple of years as I’m trying to get back into guitar, are there any particular song packs you highly recommend? As there are so many!

StevenJamesHyde 30 April, 2019 @ 09:10 Edited
5.2

Rocksmith DLC isn’t announced until Mondays, which might be a bit late for this post if it’s pre-composed and scheduled over the weekend. Similarly Rock Band DLC won’t be announced until Tuesday.

As for song pack recommendations… just go with whatever music you like really. Hit Singles II Song Pack, Rise Against II Song Pack, Pixies Song Pack, Rockin’ Covers Pack and 2000s Mix V are some of my favourites but your mileage may vary. Have a look at the “List of downloadable songs for Rocksmith” wikipedia page and make good use of the PS Store’s wishlist function

stevilkenevil 30 April, 2019 @ 10:02
5.3

Just to throw in an addition to the great recommendations above, I’d highly recommend trying the two Bachsmith packs out. They’re pretty cheap and, even if you’re not massively into classical music, they’re great fun to play (Notecracker and Ode to Joy especially!)

Show more replies

Black Paradox mightn’t be too bad with nifty chip tunes in the trailer. Wish i could say the same for Battle Princess Madelyn-4mths plus since U.S psn release,been on sale on other formats recently & still no EU/AU psn news from @CasualBitGames. (Despite twitter post they’d hoped/expected some news a cple of weeks ago). Is it that hard to get EU/AU store approval?!

100% Va-11 Hall-A for me this week, this quickly turned into one of my favourite titles these past few years, excited for LRG’s physical release later this year.

7.1

Apparently it’s going to be some time shortly after Giga Wrecker Alt’s open preorder period so it won’t be long, I’m guessing either May or June it’ll go live for orders.

7.2

Oooh that’d be great :D I hadn’t played it when the Vita preorders were up and I have regret/envy on those collectors editions, excited to get another shot at a physical version.

If PS Plus is Metal Gear Survive I’m finally cancelling my subscription. I haven’t played a Plus game for ages and don’t know why I’m even bothering to be honest as I rarely play online.

For some reason it seems to me that they will give Assassin’s Creed UNITY In connection with the fire in the cathedral of Notre Dame, Ubisoft distributed this game on PC for free

8.2

Actually i wouldn’t be even mad if it was AC, even i dont like that franchise, but MGS survival is downright rubbish

8.3

What game would have made you stay with Ps Plus? People rarely answer that, would be fun to hear what people actually want :D I would love some more indie games myself. There were a few months where we got brand new indie games, awesome times

Show more replies

Loving all the positivity on this thread, good to see. Nothing I’m interested in this week, my backlog is ridiculous so probably a good thing… Although sure I will be tempted by something on the new sale tomorrow.

Suzuha--Amane 30 April, 2019 @ 13:05

Really expecting Big in Japan sales.

MiseryPrincess 30 April, 2019 @ 13:59
10.1

I has happened before as late as June though, so it might still happen…

Carnivius_Prime 01 May, 2019 @ 08:38
10.2

It happened TODAY! :O

StevenJamesHyde 30 April, 2019 @ 15:05

Rock Band DLC this week is All That Remains – “Hold On”, In This Moment – “The Gun Show” and Vampire Weekend – “Harmony Hall” (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 11 Spotlight Pass)

Can you bring back PlayStation Home, please?

Edit history