Posted

New PlayStation Store discounts start today: Big in Japan, Games under & more

Plus, IO Interactive’s Hitman 2 is your Deal of the Week

PlayStation Store’s Big in Japan promotion returns this week celebrating incredible games developed in Japan. Save up to 60% on the likes of Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown, Resident Evil 2, Persona 5, Kingdom Hearts III and more until 15th May.

Deal of the week (until 8th May)

Grab a great deal on IO Interactive’s Hitman 2 and turn your imagination into a deadly weapon. Take on the story campaign as you explore all the satisfying ways to execute the perfect kill across six sandbox locations.

Games under €15 (until 15th May)

Our ‘Games under €15′ promotion is back with huge savings on action-packed adventures such as Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands Standard Edition, Friday the 13th: The Game and Prey: Digital Deluxe Edition.

Games under €5 (until 15th May)

Make sure to also check out our ‘Games under €5′ discounts where you can grab a bargain on titles including Battlefield 4, ClusterTruck and Dishonored: Death of the Outsider.

63 Comments
0 Author replies
Tuulenpoika 01 May, 2019 @ 01:46

I thought that at least once a year, AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR you could feature a proper amount of Vita games in a sale during the themed sale they would fit the most appropriately. If the current list is everything you have, I can’t help but feel more disappointed that I’ve ever been with you thus far. You’re actively neglecting Vita player base, trying to pretend it doesn’t exist and isn’t worth the same treatment as those who own a PS4. And, to be honest, that is really scummy. Why would we have to pay full price for same games that can be bought for great sale prices on PS4? Why are you actively exluding Vita games and especially Vita versions of games from sales?

1.1

Totally agree. I mean they can ignore it by not releasing AAA games for it, but at least have sales on games that already exist. Cant be such an effort. Would bring them some cash, doubt many buy these games at full price anymore.

1.2

maaden agreeing with a complaint, arrghhh the worlds going to end

i have just picked up a couple of vita games in this sale, disgae 3 is a great price, and a couple of cross buys too, but its a shame its not highlighted better

1.3

SONY, is it SO HARD to add a damn ps-vr filter? Do we have to search through 520 titles? Thank u so much..

Show more replies

Devil May Cry still at 59

2.1

Yep, waiting for this to drop as well mate. C’mon and update the store, we’re waiting! :D

2.2

they took it off the list

2.3

I was also waiting for it. But I noticed that it has been removed now from the list above. So it looks like it was just a mistake. Let’s wait for its inevitable discount later then (too much games in my backlog anyway).

WordsofIvory 01 May, 2019 @ 07:57

The Vita is dead, mate. Time to move on.

3.1

I still love mine. And I accept they dont bring big games anymore but they could have the old ones for sale :)

3.2

vita may be dead to new games, but still has loads available and i play mine every day,

working through the trails games at the mo

If Vita is truly dead then Sony wouldn’t be missing much if they put the Vita games on sale. ;)

Also I still play mine.

Also, as someone mentioned below, there are a lot of vita games on sale, just not promoted very well! :D

Carnivius_Prime 01 May, 2019 @ 08:14 Edited

There’s a few lil things here on my wishlist so i’ll take those and there’s a couple larger things i would like but can’t afford cos I’m still kinda broke after buying new tv. Not too bad a sale. Feeling better. But them good feelings will likely die if Metal Gear Survive actually is our main PS Plus freebie announced tonight. DO NOT WANT.

4.1

I wouldn’t even add it to my library imo.

4.2

I couldn’t agree more. We both know what the hashtag is but I’m not allowed to post it on these forums.

#imanoKcuF

Big in Japan Sale……unless you’re an Atelier game. Disappointed no Atelier game is on sale here….

ilikethispart 01 May, 2019 @ 11:50
5.1

Also Atelier Nelke seems to have disappeared from the store, even though the DLC is still there… I hope this gets fixed soon.

MiseryPrincess 01 May, 2019 @ 12:05
5.2

Buy them physically.

Digital sales are sometimes reasonable but normally get nowhere near as cheap as physical.

5.3

yeah i wanted the remastered trilogy but not paying full price again for it

Show more replies
Tuulenpoika 01 May, 2019 @ 08:31

PSA: There are actually a very decent amount of Vita games on sale, but for some reason they are not listed here, nor in the store listing that went live around the same time as this blog post. So in case any other Vita fans want to see what’s up, just go through the regular Vita games listing at the store, or better yet, use PSPrices. That way you can see all the deals. There are some very good ones in there, in case you have missed out on something that’s not Atelier. Because those games still aren’t featured, regrettably.

JackFrost-95 01 May, 2019 @ 09:03
6.1

We should be used to Sony “hiding” Vita games from their blog. Except for Mary Skelter this time, funnily enough.

I might be wrong, but according to PSPrices there hasn’t been a single Vita Atelier game on sale since late 2017, which is very unfortunate. I’d tell you to wait for a price drop, but you know how…allergic publishers are to them, sadly.

Thank you! :D

X_Blood_Curse_X 01 May, 2019 @ 08:44

Came here for my annual recommendation of Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles but it’s not on sale

Oh well. Sale seems alright, maybe not as good as previous years and some of the discounts are a bit weak but there’s some decent prices

JackFrost-95 01 May, 2019 @ 08:55

Just as a PSA, in case you’re interested: if you want to buy any of these games, you should probably get them now. There’s a good chance you’re not going to see most of these on sale again until the January sale.

Helvetefaen 01 May, 2019 @ 09:33

Lei Wulong as DLC, such disgusting business practice. Guess I’ll grab it now while on sale, but still horrible to have to pay for a default Tekken character.

MiseryPrincess 01 May, 2019 @ 11:46
9.1

Or you could just do what I do and not buy it at all.

Tekken 7 was already a pretty shoddy game but Season Pass 2 killed it..

9.2

Exactly. What happened to the free character updates which they were doing with Tekken Tag 2 back in the day?

Japanese sale? Good excuse not to spend any money if you ask me!

MiseryPrincess 01 May, 2019 @ 12:14
10.1

Yes, shouldn’t spend money on good games, especially with the next EA/Activision/Ubisoft weekly sale incoming.

what a pointless comment with the amount of rinse/repeat sales they do but each to their own, for me this is the best sale each year

spent about 50 quid today :)

10.3

Because I don’t like weird-ass JRPG’s I MUST like FIFA/COD/Far Cry? OK yeah good one.

These games are good in YOUR opinion, not mine. I hate Japanese games. Get over it.

Show more replies
Grim_streaker999 01 May, 2019 @ 11:25

Waiting for dmc 5 to drop asweel

Might finally get the persona dancing stage collection as it’s quite a discount but not a fan of the persona games just rhythm games…. Can anyone recommend

MiseryPrincess 01 May, 2019 @ 11:48
12.1

There’s a demo of 3 and 5 on the store if you want to try them out.

ilikethispart 01 May, 2019 @ 11:49
12.2

I’m a big Persona fan, but I’d say those the Dancing games are great from a gameplay perspective so I don’t think you need to be a Persona fan to enjoy them.

blacksheepwall_ 01 May, 2019 @ 11:44

Lot of games I’m interested in but not at the price I want.

One good thing is metal gear survive is in there which hopefully means we won’t get dumped with it later

MiseryPrincess 01 May, 2019 @ 11:57 Edited
13.1

Both Conan and the Surge were in the sale when we got them last month.

Conan even had a bonus discount for being a plus member..

UshioOkazaki- 01 May, 2019 @ 12:07

It’s been years I’m waiting for good sales for Atelier games, now a “Japan game sales” appear but still no Atelier in sales. Are you kidding me? Can you stop neglect Atelier’s fans at some point or you just truly don’t care? Why is it always the same game on sales, and not those who can bring more people in the fanbase?

14.1

same here, want to rebuy the arland trilogy but not paying full price again for them all

How can I get this picture from top???

Price drops only shows PS4 and PS3 games. Fix it.

Wish KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue would get a better discount than this, ah well, I can wait ( or just get it in a store for a tenner ).

Josip_Jukic 01 May, 2019 @ 19:25

Any recomendations guys?I want to pick something good but i don’t want to maybe waste my money..

MiseryPrincess 01 May, 2019 @ 21:38
18.1

What genre are you into?

If you’re into JRPGs Dragonquest XI is a must have, Valkyria Chronicles (1 and 4, not revolution) are good TBS/RPGs (and have demos) that do require some thinking. Action games then Nioh, Nier (Nier has a demo), etc.

Loads of things on here have demos though, so it’s probably best to try those!

Grim_streaker999 01 May, 2019 @ 19:27

So no sale on dmc 5 after all?

Josip_Jukic 01 May, 2019 @ 20:02
19.1

Same here i really hoped DMC 5 would be on sale now i don’t know what to pick..

Any chance of a high res, and possibly more complete version, of the header image?

LEGO_LEVIATHAN 02 May, 2019 @ 11:40

Who is the artist of the artwork? You should give credit where it’s due.

MiseryPrincess 02 May, 2019 @ 13:05
21.1

They do on the theme. It’s Shohei Otomo.

Great to see Wonderboy Dragon’s Trap in there-well worth a go if you haven’t bought it!…But can’t say the same for FDG/Game Atelier not putting up Monster Boy & the Cursed Kingdom! Recently on sale on Switch alongside a demo on Switch & heavily pre-release promoted on that format…& they wondered why they didn’t sell as much on ps4?! Played it on a mate’s ps4, nice game, just the attitude of publisher FDG thats a turn off!

jason-bridges 03 May, 2019 @ 19:34

FFXV season pass for £6?! Sold!

MiseryPrincess 04 May, 2019 @ 14:49
23.1

They have to pay me money for it to be a deal.

When will this sale be available in America? Specifically the p5 ultimate edition

24.1

The Golden Week Sale you got was the equivalent of the Big in Japan Sale, as far as I know.

Um, why Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition (PS3 version) is no longer discounted?? The game is still on the Sale page of the Store, but it’s back to its original price. I thought the Sale was going until 30.05. and was looking forward to purchasing this game. Could someone fix it if it’s an error at the Store perhaps??

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history