Posted

New on PlayStation Store this week: For the King, Life is Strange 2 – Episode 3, more

Plus, Brief Battles also hit the shelves

We’re back to tell you about PlayStation Store’s new releases for the week ahead. Take on the third chapter of Life is Strange 2, practice your strategic abilities in For the King or battle friends using magical underpants in Brief Battles.
Whether you’re a master tactician or underwear warrior, check out our list of highlights below to get started on your next adventure.

1. For the King

For the King
The king is dead, and you must save the realm from impending doom in IronOak Games’ strategic RPG that blends tabletop and roguelike elements. Put together a party and go at it in single-player or co-op as you work out the perfect plan. Keep your team together for safety or be brave and split them up to cover more ground.

2. Life is Strange 2 – Episode 3

Life is Strange 2
Sean and Daniel Diaz continue their journey to Mexico in ‘Wastelands’, the third chapter of DONTNOD Entertainment’s episodic sequel, picking up a few months after the events of Episode 2. Life on the road is tough, and the brothers’ relationship is put to the test yet again.

3. Brief Battles

Take out your rivals with an arsenal of underpants. Wait… what? Juicy Cupcake delivers a cheeky action title where you play as one of six adorable Underwarriors. Collect superpowered underwear on your own, take on co-op challenges or battle your friends for glory as you navigate hazardous arenas.

PS4 DLC

7th May

8th May

• https://store.playstation.com/?resolve=EP3594-CUSA09835_00-GETREADYDAZWPS4E?smcid=psblog:en:page-name::DAZW Get Ready Bundle

• Get Ready Bundle

9th May

*All release dates are correct at time of publication.

31 Comments
0 Author replies
blacksheepwall_ 07 May, 2019 @ 17:08

Rocksmith DLC for this week is a Cyndi Lauper 3 pack with “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” “Time After Time” & “True Colors”

StevenJamesHyde 07 May, 2019 @ 20:06
1.1

Rock Band DLC is three singles:

– A Day to Remember – “It’s Complicated”

– Catfish And The Bottlemen – “Longshot” (Part of the Rock Band Rivals Season 11 Spotlight Pass)

– Sleeping With Sirens – “If I’m James Dean, You’re Audrey Hepburn”

Where is Retro Rampage sequel on store plus Sony been reasleing less and less games on the store last weeks so what going on here. Are they saving money or something

Shazam-Superguy 07 May, 2019 @ 18:17
2.1

It on ps store usa already wen it says a game will b out on 7 we expect it to be added on 7th may for UK

For the king first time i hear about this i am guessing its indie because otherwise i would hear about it. I think you as platform holder should help as much as you can to small studios and spread the word about their games and their work..

Carnivius_Prime 07 May, 2019 @ 17:22

You have Shakedown Hawaii in the title image with the other three games but no mention of it on this page itself. That’s odd.

Shazam-Superguy 07 May, 2019 @ 18:16
4.1

It added on ps store usa 7th may so sony better hurry up and add it to ps store uk RIGHT NOW or alot of eu uk gamers willget angry at sony on twitter talk about a incompetent company

Shazam-Superguy 07 May, 2019 @ 18:14 Edited

USA HAS SHAKEDOWN HAWAII ALREADY SO HURRY UP EU UK AND ADD IT TO PS STORE UK TODAY NOW 7TH MAY wen a game says it will b added to ps store uk it will get added or alot of people on twitter will have alot to say about PlayStation uk and how bad sony really is

Carnivius_Prime 07 May, 2019 @ 19:40

You guys changed the header image to remove Shakedown Hawaii? :( It’s out now on US PSN and Switch/PC/Xbox/toasters. Is this gonna be like Battle Princess Madelyn where we’re still waiting half a year later with no news?

Where is Shakedown Hawaii

To whom it may concern,

There was a mistake with the PS+ games for May. I downloaded “What remains of Edith Finch”, only to find out that I’ve already played the game 2 years ago, when it was on PS+ under a different name: “Gone Home”.

I kindly ask you to reimburse me by giving me 20 EUR in store credit, so I can chose a game that’s more to my liking.

Thank you and have a nice day!

What about Shakedown Hawaii, can’t we even get an answer for once? No? You guys don’t need to be surprised if players get toxic! I have no words for this, I mean you simply exchange the header image, but doesn’t give any explanation. Probably for the players, right?

That is sad, really sad!!!

Maaden_Swe, thank you for your support. Temporarily joining the dark side?

byteflare – fyi these are two different games in the same genre:

Gone Home developed by The Fullbright Company released on PS4 in the EU on 12/02/2016.

What Remains of Edith Finch developed by Giant Sparrow released 25/04/2017.

Tried to reply to you post but my browser messed up.

@Carnivius_Prime, hear hear mate! Twitter posting from @RetroCR spoke of emailing @PlaystationEU non-stop & was “hopeful” Shakedown Hawaii would get an EU psn release alongside US psn… Starting to fear the Wii U & PS Vita (U.S. obviously!),versions of Battle Princess Madelyn will see light of day before the EU/AU PSN store version! Seemingly canadian developed games must have some deep subliminal messages hidden in them or something?!! Seriously Sony EU, please get your act together!

@yrrek: no, no, no. They are the same for me. I want to talk to your supervisor!

And I also can’t reply to your comment. This blog is falling apart

Shazam-Superguy 08 May, 2019 @ 14:03

We aint stupid sony ive seen a before and after image of this weeks games where shakedown Hawaii was removed all you care about is blockbuster games an not independent indy developers. If it was up to me id start a petition backed by government that if sony doesnt add a ps4 game to the ps store on the official date listed they get fined alot of money and it gets sent to developers as compensation because sony doesnt realize that at the end of the day independent developers need to make money by selling their ps4 games and they cant make money from sales if a game isnt on the ps store when it should of been added on date listed. I contacted Vblank told them all about it so hopefully BY THIS FRIDAY we should get shakedown Hawaii not next week sony THIS WEEK

xenokiller90 08 May, 2019 @ 15:09

Shakedown hawaii is absolute trash any way can’t believe so many people are so bothered about an indie title. Really… You have nothing else to play?

Shazam-Superguy 08 May, 2019 @ 15:17

alot of people are waiting for shakedown Hawaii that is a very good game so just be quiet and let us real gamers enjoy shakedown Hawaii that we been waiting for !!!

byteflare they are not the same for me. I went to youtube for gameplay for Gone Home and it wasn’t the same as the Edith Finch that I played yesterday (and I remembered how Gone Home played out the first time I played it),

I am not dismissing your claim but for me (UK based) they are completely different games with a different trophy set otherwise I would not have replied as such!

Yep the reply to a post is not working and overnight the blog acted really strange – as in mandatory login that did not work and the usual connection problems.

Suggest you look at gameplay videos for both titles and decide for yourself.

xenokiller90 08 May, 2019 @ 17:17

Why troll my account?

Why post message on a community page I’m a member of?

Am I not allowed a opinion?

Any ideas Shazam-Superguy?

Carnivius_Prime 08 May, 2019 @ 17:28

Been playing Shakedown Hawaii on my friend’s PC and I bloody love it. Gorgeous pixel art and fun gameplay. So where’s my PS4 AND Vita version eh? I have a PC but I don’t like to game on it much at all, far preferring the convenience and general piece of mind of my console but this mess is frustrating. I’ve not really cared for many games so far this year (certainly not AAA) but there’s finally one I really like that I WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY FOR and “nah, loyal EU PSN users you cannot have nice things!”

Thank you for your help yrrek!

As it turns out these games are indeed not 100% the same. I was confused because of all the similarities these two games share. You play as a girl who’s coming home and as you walk through the house’s rooms and secret hallways, the family’s story is being told by looking at objects, pictures and letters.. Edith Finch must be the unofficial sequel to Gone Home!

I would still kindly ask Sony PlayStation and its community manager to reimburse me, as to me it feels like I got the same game twice.

And because the Blog, which is a part of Sony’s online services, is totally broken right now, I demand 10 EUR extra credit. This makes a total of 30 EUR.

Thank you!

Ok if not on store by end of the week I’m getting game on my switch .

What’s going on with this blog in terms of functionality? I’ve noticed it’s been down/unavailable quite a lot this week. No one can seemingly reply to comments. And every time I try to like/thumb a comment it scrolls me back to the top of the page without responding.

As for the games, well, Sony is so eager to foist discounted Anthem on us they forgot to give us Shakedown Hawaii, the one we actually want to buy.

Of course no comment provided on the abysmal PS+ service either.

Sony please sort your services out, this is an absolute shambles.

Stonesthrow 08 May, 2019 @ 18:15

I’ll pick up Life is Strange 2 when it’s complete and on sale.

Shazam-Superguy 08 May, 2019 @ 18:16

Look up Vblank on twitter its says shakedown Hawaii will be out next week on eu uk ps store when he has a date he will post iton his Vblank twitter. It better be added to ps store eu NEXT WEEK because alot of people on twitter are angry at sony atm any more delays and twitter will really get angry at sony

byteflare completely understand why you confused the two games and I was just trying to help out. Cheers yrrek.

xenokiller90 08 May, 2019 @ 18:51

Watch out sony Shazam-Superguy and his twitter friends are coming for you! ?

And he is a true ps4 gamer with a nice trophy score for everyone to see you’d better listen or else!

MiseryPrincess 08 May, 2019 @ 23:12 Edited

So basically there wasn’t any releases this week…

Should have posted photos of cats instead…

Incidentally exclusive videos of cats would also help boost the junky PS+ (I mean videos of cats would be better than another walking simulator at least)…

Next week for Shakedown Hawaii, thats sad. Would be interesting to know why?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history