Posted

New on PlayStation Store this week: Everybody’s Golf VR, Dauntless, Team Sonic Racing, more

Plus, pre-order MotoGP 19 and Blood & Truth

We’ve got another busy week on PlayStation Store. Whether you’re on the hunt for colossal monsters or up for a friendly game of golf, check out our full list of highlights below to get started on your next adventure.

1. Dauntless

Dauntless
Team up with your friends to hunt vicious Behemoths in Phoenix Labs’ online free-to-play action RPG. Fight for survival as you gather resources to forge weapons, armour and accessories.

• Available: Tuesday 21st May

2. Everybody’s Golf VR

If you’re up for a round of virtual golf, tee up your perfect shot in this immersive simulator for PS VR. Partner up with your own customisable caddie who’ll offer you some advice along the way. You’re sure to get the swing of things soon.

3. Observation

Why play as a plain ol’ human when you can be an all-seeing AI in charge of a space station? Play as S.A.M and take control of the station’s control systems in No Code’s sci-fi thriller and help your human companion Dr. Emma Fisher uncover what happened to the station and its crew.

4. Team Sonic Racing

Team Sonic Racing

Customise your vehicle and join up with Sonic and friends in Sega’s arcade kart racer. Compete in various team racing modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode. Gotta go fast!

This week’s pre-orders

1. MotoGP 19

Pursue your motorbike career in Milestone’s racing simulator. Compete against a faster and more accurate AI that’ll recognise your actions and adapt to them in single player, or go head-to-head with other players around the world in multiplayer.

2. Blood & Truth

Live out your action hero dreams as you take on a criminal empire to save your family. Reload your gun with both hands as if you’re holding a real weapon in this PS VR action shooter inspired by The London Heist.

*All release dates are correct at time of publication.

What did you think about this story?
25 Comments
0 Author replies
Carnivius_Prime 21 May, 2019 @ 14:58 Edited

I still don’t get why Sonic would use a car…

1.1

Nice one, Made me giggle :)

StevenJamesHyde 21 May, 2019 @ 16:04
1.2

To slow him down to everyone else’s level?

Carnivius_Prime 21 May, 2019 @ 16:07
1.3

@stevenjameshyde i suppose. must be incredibly frustrating for him having to race in vehicles slower than he can run. Heck I get frustrated enough when stuck behind very slow people when even walking around town especially on thin footpaths next to busy roads, or down tight alleyway shortcut bits.

@shinmegami :)

Show more replies

Why is “Alternate Jake Hunter” not coming out in Switzerland??? It’s coming out everywhere else!

MiseryPrincess 22 May, 2019 @ 07:41
2.1

If I had to guess, as it’s not coming out in Germany or Austria either which are also German speaking (I know Switzerland has more than one national language) they might still be doing further localization.

Probably the same reason as usual. They didn’t translate the store text to something other than English (although they did in some other languages this time). I was really looking forward to this game actually.

The only options are:

– Send the dev a translation of the store text in Dutch (in my case). I have done this in the past and it works, but it’s a pain in the ass and something that Sony should do and not the consumer imo.

– Lie about my country, get some store credit on the UK or US store and buy it from there.

– Buy it on Switch (it is available in Belgium on Nintendo Switch, which makes it more clear that it’s not a game translation issue).

Show full comment

The only options are:

It’s pathetic that this is still not solved after all these years. Do something about it, Sony. Help the devs who want to release their games on your platform and let them know that their games only get distributed in a couple of countries if they don’t translate the store text themselves and that you are too lazy to help them with this. Please educate the indie devs who want to release their game on your platform with how your platform works, Sony. This stuff only happens on your platform.

I have contacted Arc System Works via their website about this. Let’s see if they are willing to help. I suspect this is the biggest company I have tried to contact about something like this, so fingers crossed.

I do have to say that I am getting tired of doing Sony’s job for them. Even after only a couple of times.

And I know this store has to juggle a lot of countries, but at least change your policies about the store text if it’s too much of a hassle. There is no way Microsoft, Nintendo and Steam can handle this kind of stuff, but Sony can’t.

We pay more than enough for this service/network for this to be possible.

The devs are losing sales by this (and smaller indie devs can use all the sales they can get), Sony is losing sales by this and if it’s available on other stores, they are losing sales to the competition. I don’t understand how they don’t see this.

Show full comment

We pay more than enough for this service/network for this to be possible.

There have been at least 10 games I would have bought if I had the chance the last couple of years but which weren’t available because of them not having translated the store text. It’s usually clear when this happens because only English speaking countries or countries for which the store hasn’t been translated got those games. Those are all lost sales and I’m sure I am not the only one with this problem. They are leaving money on the table because of some weird archaic rule (and because they don’t inform the devs about it).

Who cares about Sonic, there’s a new GRID coming!

StevenJamesHyde 21 May, 2019 @ 16:43

Rocksmith DLC this week is a “Classic Melody Song Pack”, featuring the traditional tunes Amazing Grace, Frère Jacques and When the Saints Go Marching In arrange for guitar

Rock Band DLC is two singles; Dimmu Borgir’s “The Serpentine Offering” and The Strumbellas’ “Salvation”. The latter is part of the Season 11 spotlight pass

Did anyone pick Observation? How is it? I like devolver digital games so I will probably pick it up sometime

Can we please get the old store layout back? Having to navigate past all these huge blocks of adverts then down to the bottom right corner when I just want to see what’s new is frustrating!

ilikethispart 22 May, 2019 @ 01:36
6.1

This! You shouldn’t have to go through like 4 screens before you can even see all new releases.

MiseryPrincess 23 May, 2019 @ 04:57
6.2

They just made the web store worse too. Not sure why it needs a giant white block at the top.

It also lacks links to things like code redemption, subscription management and the ability to see other regions storefronts.

Wasn’t Gal*Gun 2 released over a year ago?

American Fugitive is a great game! I love it so far…

How many countries are under the banner EU psn? I would like to know when the “only in” list becomes longer than “not available in” list.

MiseryPrincess 23 May, 2019 @ 05:09 Edited
9.1

Basically all the ones on this list that aren’t in North/South America and who’s URLs don’t start with asia.playstation or are Japan.

There’s about 40 in total. It includes basically all of western Eurasia up to around India, Africa and around Australia.

StevenJamesHyde 23 May, 2019 @ 10:04
9.2

43 at last count – Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, India, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Lebanon, Luxembourg, Malta, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Turkey, UAE, UK and Ukraine

@MrMemette. Translation issues don’t seem to be the only issues with the EU/AU PSN storefront. A nice Euro based indie dev (when I brought up issues of games not getting releases here,but do so on Switch/XB etc. same regions), mentioned age/classification issues. Apparently Switch & Xbone use a more recent classification system IARC, whereas PSN EU store still uses PEGI. I’m guessing certain publishers probably don’t think the extra costs vs sales probably justify the trouble. Again,it would be nice if Playstation upper management did something to overhaul the EU store process ‘cos its embarrassing when Switch,XB etc. can sell same games,same region & only the Sony EU store seemingly can’t!

10.1

It just gives me the feeling that Sony Europe doesn’t care about their customers or their Indie partners. I understand it’s a lot of work to do this for each country, but if it’s too much work for those 43 countries, split up the store (or hire more people).

It is incredibly frustrating to not being able to buy a game on my PSN account that is purchasable by other countries from the same store. I would understand censorship reasons (even though I hate censorship), but it’s purchasable on my Belgian Switch account. I just want to be able to play it on PS4 and the only way to do so is going against the terms of service and get some UK store credit.

That feels like going back 20 years in the past. The most frustrating thing is that I have seen these types of posts for years on here and it seems like they just don’t even read them or they don’t care. It’s certainly not 4 the players (and yeah, if you come up with a ridiculous slogan, it will be used against you).

@MrMette, I hear you mate!If its any small solace,regarding the classification/ratings issue, that indie dev did say Sony are “working on it”, so fingers crossed its sorted out before next yr/new gen!! Dunno if that accounts for every game (eg: Battle Princess Madelyn been stuck in EU/AU approval purgatory for months),but probably explains why the likes of Hamster’s arcade archives & a few other indies are MIA. Certainly gained more insight than the Ask Playstation UK/EU twitter that either try to shift responsibility to the indie devs/publishers or go mute when you point out its on other formats same regions or other psn’s! Miss the old days they had indie/3rd party relations managers posting here promoting indies & being chatty!!

ScrewThePooch 27 May, 2019 @ 02:54

So no DayZ on 29th as stated on the US blog???

Edit history