Posted

Death Stranding release date confirmed, special editions revealed

Watch the incredible new trailer, plus details on the game’s special editions as pre-orders go live

It fills me with joy to announce that Death Stranding, the latest project from legendary game creator Hideo Kojima, will be available 8th November, 2019 on PlayStation 4.

In Death Stranding, play as Sam Bridges and traverse a ravaged nation to reconnect a fractured society and save mankind from the brink of extinction.

A special message from Hideo Kojima:

“People have created ‘Walls’ and become accustomed to living in isolation.

“Death Stranding is a completely new type of action game, where the goal of the player is to reconnect isolated cities and a fragmented society. It is created so that all elements, including the story and gameplay, are bound together by the theme of the ‘Strand’ or connection.

“As Sam Porter Bridges, you will attempt to bridge the divides in society, and in doing create new bonds or ‘Strands’ with other players around the globe. Through your experience playing the game, I hope you’ll come to understand the true importance of forging connections with others.

“Now, please enjoy the latest Death Stranding trailer.

We’re also revealing that pre-orders for Death Stranding begin today. You’ll have the option to choose between the Standard Edition, Special Edition, Digital Deluxe Edition and Collector’s Edition – all of which include the full game and bonus incentives for pre-ordering.

Standard Edition

Pre-order the Standard Edition and immediately get a voucher to download a Chibi Ludens PSN Avatar – a stylized version of the iconic logo for Kojima Productions – plus, a Death Stranding PS4 Dynamic Theme at launch.

Pre-orders also receive special gold versions of in-game items earned through gameplay:

• Gold “Sam” Sunglasses
  • Gold Hat
  • Gold Speed Skeleton: Increase the speed of Sam’s movement when equipped
  • Gold Armor Plate: Increase protection against any damage Sam takes

Special Edition

Death Stranding Special Edition

The Special Edition includes a collectible Steelbook case. Pre-order and receive all incentives offered through the Standard Edition. The Special Edition also includes –

A special gold version of the Gold “Ludens Mask” Sunglasses earned through gameplay.

As well as these digital bonuses:

• Death Stranding: Timefall (Original Music from the World of Death Stranding)
    • Music Album Digital Download
    • Behind the Scenes Making Of Digital Video

Digital Deluxe Edition

Death Stranding Digital Deluxe Edition

Pre-order the Digital Deluxe Edition and receive all digital pre-order incentives offered via the Standard Edition. The Digital Deluxe also includes:

Special gold versions of in-game items earned through gameplay:

• Gold “Ludens Mask” Sunglasses
  • Gold Power Skeleton: Enhance Sam’s ability to handle heavy cargo
  • Gold All-Terrain Skeleton: Enhance Sam’s ability to balance himself on uneven terrain
  • Gold Armor Plate (Level 2): Stronger protection for Sam against falls, gunfire, and more

As well as these digital bonuses:

• Death Stranding: Timefall (Original Music from the World of Death Stranding)
    • Music Album Digital Download
    • Behind the Scenes Making Of Digital Video

Collector’s Edition

Death Stranding Collector's Edition

Also available for pre-order starting today is the Death Stranding Collector’s Edition , which includes all Digital Deluxe Edition in-game items and bonus contents, the Special Edition Steelbook, plus:

• Life-sized BB Pod Statue
  • BRIDGES Cargo Case
  • Ludens Keychain

And one more thing – Sony Interactive Entertainment and Sony Music Entertainment have partnered to create a full album of all-new, original music inspired by Death Stranding. Stay tuned to our official channels for details on Death Stranding: Timefall (Original Music from the World of Death Stranding).

I am excited for you to experience the cinematic adventure of Death Stranding. See you in November!

DEATH STRANDINGDEATH STRANDING
DEATH STRANDING DEATH STRANDINGDEATH STRANDING
DEATH STRANDINGDEATH STRANDING
79 Comments
0 Author replies

oh yeah getting this on day one wonder how much the collectors edition will go for

Stascream317 29 May, 2019 @ 18:06
1.1

Listed at 199.99 USD.

WileyCoyote0984 29 May, 2019 @ 17:21

Aaaaaaaaaaaaayyyeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahh!All aboard the hype train!!!

Yet again, another Kojima game that makes no sense whatsoever.

Let me guess, he’s gonna splatter his name on everything within the game again like MGSV. He doesn’t even make it, a team does, he just likes to feed his ego.

3.1

Hmm, which of his games have you actually played beside MGSV? And I doubt it was him putting the name everywhere. And “he doesnt even make it”, what do you even mean by that? Are you feeling ok?

andrewsqual 29 May, 2019 @ 18:20
3.2

Yet your comment managed to be FAR more pretentious lol.

krazyyungwun 30 May, 2019 @ 06:13
3.3

Show full comment

Max you clearly haven’t ever played any kojima games then kid! His games are a rarity in this world of reboots & remakes! He redefined himself and the genre every time he creates! Look at MGS1-2-3-4-5 each one has been vastly different from the last except the main genre that is stealth tactical espionage but MGS1 was almost birds eye view/isometric, MGS2 was more 3rd person and was mind blowing at release the demo alone was better than most games at the time! MGS3 was more of a small scale open world limited by tech and introduced actual injuries/damage/hunger/survival, MGS4 was a larger sandbox environment that ramped up the possibilities tenfold and then MGSV was a masterpiece of intelligent open world design before Zelda BOTW was even released! The freedom to play how you want, to use any weapon or gadget, to think for yourself & explore the sandbox he created was unmatched!! Now we have DS which will blow our minds again! If you seriously think he doesn’t make his games then you clearly don’t understand what a director of a game/movie does, this idea is from his mind, the whacky almost insane imagery & designs are from his creativity and genius! Of course he has artist, 3d modellers, programmers, actors, sound engineers etc do you know how hard games are to make? AAA games for that fact?! I doubt you could even create Tetris in 2019! To think of an idea, to put it to paper and then create 3d spaces, environments, music, video, gameplay, a story takes a huge effort! There isn’t much creativity in the AAA space because it’s so expensive and has to be a success or else it’s deemed a failure & could possibly be the end of a dev team/studio of 100/200+ people. So you get your CODs and your FIFAs the same cookie cutter games over and over again cause they’re profitable not because they’re innovative or genre defining, so when a guy like Kojima is allowed to create, to explore a fresh idea and possibly change the games industry at the same time with something we could never even think of….don’t hate cause you don’t understand it. I don’t want an industry that just makes COD and FIFA! Also learn about how games are made cause it’s rarely ever 1 person unless it’s a very small indie game! You could also stay off of a blog post about a Kojima game to start with. Just so you know all 5 MGS games are sitting on scores of 91%+ on metacritic

Anyone know where can we pre order the collectors edition?

GRANNYTURISMO 29 May, 2019 @ 21:00
4.1

game

Roll on November!!! Can’t wait to play this, looks amazing! Another PS exclusive that is a must own.

“Preorder goes live”

Fails to let us know where you can preorder the collector’s edition.

ZeroAbbadon 29 May, 2019 @ 22:32
6.1

Game Exclusive in the UK, £174.99.

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 29 May, 2019 @ 17:28

Can you please answer me about this? I know all Sony games have pre-order items that don’t get sold later separately afetr launch unlike Square-Enix and Capcom games. The only Sony game who made an exception was Spider-Man, having some pre-orders costumes that were unlockable later in the game so no one would miss any content from the game. Here it says ingame pre-order content are obtainable through story progression. Does that mean they are like Spider-Man where you get them instantly when you pre-order the game or you can unlock them later when you play the game without pre-order or is it only through pre-order that those items get available later when you progress in the story?

MiseryPrincess 29 May, 2019 @ 22:23
7.1

Sony didn’t make an exception with Spider-Man. It’s not a first party title at all, just an exclusive made by a third party studio.

7.2

My understanding is that the Gold colouring is the pre-order bonus.

As trailers go… This has to be one of the best I’ve seen. Showed loads, yet I really know nothing…. But I now so want to find out more. This looks amazing. The other competition still have a lot to learn… Sony keep trying different things and mixing it up. Their range of different types of exclusive games is just outstanding. looking forward to November now!!!!

Carnivius_Prime 29 May, 2019 @ 17:59

It does not look fun. At all. Graphics are decent though. But yeah I’m not a fan of Kojima’s work. I find it very tedious.

andrewsqual 29 May, 2019 @ 18:31
9.1

I don’t recall anybody saying Death Standing was going to be “fun” lol. And if you got “fun” from that crazy and disturbing E3 2016 debut, seek help.

MiseryPrincess 30 May, 2019 @ 03:35
9.2

Trailers aren’t the best for showing stuff like fun.

I mean, though (unlike you) I like the MGS games, some promotional trailers for MGSV presented it as some weird sad “gritty” depressing war tale about abusing and torturing prisoners of war or something and put me off completely. The actual game was completely different in tone and had lots of silly/fun moments.

Carnivius_Prime 30 May, 2019 @ 19:28
9.3

I play games for fun. That’s what a game is to me. It’s gotta be fun else what’s the damn point? Rest of life is where all the non-fun is. I gotta play something that’s gotta break up all that

Where in the UK could one purchase the Collector’s Edition?

ZeroAbbadon 29 May, 2019 @ 22:32
10.1

Game, £174.99

I need that Collector’s Edition.

Where can I buy the collectors edition?

Makaveli017 29 May, 2019 @ 19:15

I LOVE IT ! PRE ORDERD IT TOO <3

game.co.uk has a drop down for the collectors and special edition but not price say Sorry, this product is currently out of stock, but might be available in store the site has updated with a release date so should up date at some point

its a game exclusive

14.1

Cheers mate!

This is absolutely incredible, I cannot wait for this game to come out. I have not touched my ps4 for months (just playing for 5-10 min on the switch due to life commitments) but I will definitely make some time in November for this. Also hope nanomachines involved

Hi Guys! Is there anyone who was able to preorder the collectors edition in the Uk.? It is a GAME exclusive and there is up on their site but not possible to order them. Sorry out of stock message received. Doed it mean it is already sold out or just not live yet and they will updade soon?

16.1

I’d say it is due to update sooner or later since I am literally sitting here since the Trailer dropped and refreshing the website of GAME ever since and the Collector’s Edition came up around 19:00 and said since that time it is out of stock. So I’d say it will come up around 20:30 or 21:00 Today. Can’t flipping wait :D happy refreshing!

ObiWanStephobi 29 May, 2019 @ 20:04
16.2

I hope its just not updated yet, I swear I kept refreshing and refreshing until it come up saying you could preorder and when it did… its sold out?

16.3

think its not been updated yet as the special edition is showing the same

Show more replies

so what price do you think it will be on game then every

17.1

I’d imagine between £150 and £180?

17.2

i think the Collectors will be around 170, steelbook edition around 70

its $199.99 so they could go the same but hopefully they keep it below £200 like £150-£170

Show more replies

The logo/advertise has been changed on their home screen but still not avaiable. keep refreshing every minite now. Good luck.

What a phenomenal trailer! Death Stranding looks insanely good! This honestly seems like the next step in gaming.

Josip_Jukic 29 May, 2019 @ 20:43

To say i am excited for this does not explain fully how much i can’t wait to get my hands on this. Kojima and PlayStation you are delivering it again Norman was right when Kojima said to him we are gonna make pepole cry and he is like for video game? Yep i think there was tear in my eye today this thing is beautiful..

its up £174.99

Live!! Avaiable to preorder now! limited 1 to customer though

ObiWanStephobi 29 May, 2019 @ 21:14

Got mine! made up

Exclusive to game and £175

Got mine! I can sleep in peace tonight!

25.1

Thanks for your updates friend:)

done

NamelessHero 29 May, 2019 @ 21:19

Got mine too. Thank you everyone that kept the status updated

Got mine too both the Collectors and Special too! Thanks for everyone and have a good night to all!

28.1

Why buying both editions?

It’s already out of stock. Damn GAME. Why does they always get the exclusive collectors editions? They’re an awful company.

MiseryPrincess 29 May, 2019 @ 22:47 Edited
29.1

Because they bribe Sony to have exclusives so they can bump up the prices and sell them to resellers. Sony doesn’t care as long as they sell..

Hopefully more people are educating themselves to not do business with them, it would help the whole industry

29.2

Tell me about it! When GAME had Bloodborne the Nightmare Edition exclusive, I pre-ordered it the day they started taking orders… only to receive a message ON THE DAY OF SHIPPING that “Oh, we can’t ship this to Finland, did we forgot to mention that it exceeds our international shipping maximum size?” F******CK! Had to order it from Amazon.de instead — amazingly they were NOT sold out by then! Never ordered from GAME since. Had to order NieR: Automata GAME exclusive SteelBook from Amazon.de also. Hmm… This might be something for people to remember!

MiseryPrincess 29 May, 2019 @ 22:40

“For the players” yet you constantly make deals with a horrendous anti consumer company like GAME over and over.

Just stop doing that already..

Makaveli017 30 May, 2019 @ 15:17
30.1

MaadenGirl strike again lol xD

Baby in a jar…..that’s still alive. Twist!

Stonesthrow 30 May, 2019 @ 01:44

Liked the first trailers better, possibly due to less gameplay. Still, getting a nice MGS vibe off of it, must be that lovely Kojima directing. I’ll definitely be playing for the story and character development in the first place. The gameplay does looks intriguing but I get the feeling they’re still very reserved on what little they’re showing. Nice to see those Decima influences as the colors remind me of Horizon, and MGS5 in terms of open map design. In any case, Kojima is my favorite and lovely to have it be an exclusive again so it has that extra special touch of polish. This can’t go wrong for me.

Collectors edition already on Ebay for £700, absolute pirate

I honestly will set pre-ordering on pending due to missing info related to “..create new bonds or ‘Strands’ with other players around the globe..”

This either sounds like an MMO (broadening the genre for the sake of argument) or something which makes you dependent on other people choices.

I don’t know how this affects my gameplay, or if I’m totally required to play online among other players and interact with them.

So yeah.. better wait for proper details than throwing money for some ambiguous mechanic.

Safe.

Why must the CE be exclusive to GAME

Since im fan of steel cases , i’m going to do exception and preordering this… you better not disappoint me mr.Kojima. I double dare you.

Pre-ordered. This trailer explains alot.

Thanks Sony ?

Oh, and just remember everybody: Tomorrow IS in YOUR Hands ????

Nearly three years since the game was announced and the finally explain what it’s about.

Venomtropicdrago 01 June, 2019 @ 13:42 Edited

As of today June 1st I was able to pre order the Collectors Edition on German Amazon, the US one is already sold out, so people in Europe outside the UK probably need to hurry now and try to grab their pre order, Italy Spain and France is not yet available so keep an eye out or pre order where you see it first and wait till later and order a 2nd and cancel the one you do not want. Scalpers are already offering them on Ebay which is a sad story. Some other retailers in Europe will probably also get their sales soon. Gameware.at has it listed but I do not know if it already sold out or if they have not yet started pre orders for the CE, the other editions are available.

39.1

Yeah, I’ve ordered GAME exclusives from Amazon.de twice now, Bloodborne and NieR: Automata. Only difference in the product is the language on the outer packaging box.

nice, lookin forward to it.

Sniperbsr_2 04 June, 2019 @ 17:04

another game from sony that’s not worth buying come on sony i’m tired of seeing these movie games

MiseryPrincess 05 June, 2019 @ 06:26
41.1

I agree to an extent, as lots of Sony first party titles aren’t much more than a graphical showcase with lots of cut scenes, slow walking, inane dialog and then some basic residual gameplay so it’s not a film. Though I dislike “movie” games, this is probably the first Sony first party title I have any interest in this generation.

Probably because Kojima is a bit different. He knows how to do gameplay, and tends to use “movie” segments more sparingly (though maybe that’s because of the reaction to MGS4 (Movie with little Game for a Solid 4 hours)). He also has way more of a sense of humor, imagination and silliness than any of the other first party studios and have interesting (and weird) characters, which is something Sony games often lack entirely, just angry sad people.

Show full comment

So though the trailer had lots of cutsceney stuff, we can probably expect the game to be at least 90% gameplay. Also, we can probably expect that gameplay to be pretty decent (though of course we’re all guessing at this point).

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history