Posted

Introducing the PlayStation Pride range from PS Gear

Get Pride-ready while helping a great cause

Happy Pride Month! Every year, June sees the start of a month-long celebration of LGBTQ+ history and culture across the world, and we’re marking it with a brand new range of exclusive, limited edition PlayStation Pride items from PlayStation Gear.

PS GearPS Gear

You may have previously seen some of the range worn by PlayStation employees if you attended London, San Francisco or Tokyo Pride festivals in recent years, but for the first time, we are making these available to gamers.

The range will get you fully Pride Month-ready, but it will also help a great cause. The PlayStation Employee LGBTQ+ Group have partnered with akt, who support LGBTQ+ young people facing homelessness, to ensure all profits from the sales are donated to the charity.

PS GearPS Gear

Note that the range is currently only available to PS Gear customers in the UK.

The range is available now on PlayStation Gear, but is extremely limited, so move fast if you want to get your hands on it.

PS Gear
25 Comments
1 Author replies

Why post this on the ***EU*** blog if it’s UK only? You know, that country that decided they don’t want to be in the EU anymore? Hello??

Edit: I legitimately got excited at the title, but it was nice clickbait I guess.

1.1

Because the UK is still in the EU maybe? Also there is no UK blog (at the moment) so deal with it.

Jacko_the_lad 04 June, 2019 @ 19:12
1.2

The EU in this instance stands for “Europe”, not the European Union…

Hence why Norway, Russia, Switzerland, Turkey etc come under “EU”.

MiseryPrincess 05 June, 2019 @ 06:03
1.3

I think (maybe) it’s because the charity this is for is based there?

Show more replies
nukualofaperson 04 June, 2019 @ 19:02

EU in this case stands for Europe, I guess. No matter what happens, the UK won’t leave the continent.

You never know what they try to brexit next, so leaving the continent might be worth trying to them.

Cool but if it’s for charity why is it extremely limited? Shouldn’t you have as many for sale as you possibly can? Shirts, mugs and badges aren’t exactly expensive to produce.

RigbySanchez439 05 June, 2019 @ 04:52 Edited
3.1

*wrong post*

SHAKEYshooter123 04 June, 2019 @ 21:37

❤️?????

Stop trying to profit from my orientation.

5.1

It’s like what “pinkwashing” is to breast cancer. I guess that makes this “rainbow-washing”. I find the idea of buying a t-shirt advertising someone else’s brand to be tacky in and of itself anyway. Like, you’re paying THEM to be a walking billboard.

Eric Whelan 05 June, 2019 @ 09:24
5.2

We’re not actually profiting from this – you can see in the blog that it states all profits are going to akt.

If you follow the link through to the PS Gear site, you can see how much per sale goes to the charity for each individual item too.

5.3

I was not sure if I should write this comment or not. But wow, an official answer here on the Playstation blog is rarer than a polar bear at the South Pole. So psst, I’m already quiet again, I do not want to scare you away.

Show more replies

Good answer!

Also, an answer from a PS employee…that was a long time ago!

Clicked on this expecting to have to wade through pages of troll comments from the worst kind of people. It’s still early days, but well done so far everyone.

Carnivius_Prime 05 June, 2019 @ 13:33
7.1

yup, this page has had a bit of a cleanup. There were a couple comments that were very ‘trollish’ and depressingly had quite a few likes. :/

Could we please soon get the gear store to more EU countries? Any update on this would be nice, thanks :)

Not a fan of the word all added to the slogan, it’s like implying that when you said before it was for the players it was exclusive of the LGBT community and now it’s for all the players, love the fact you are working to a good cause it’s just I would like to think it was always for all the players. Still tho great job and hope ya raise a good amount for the charity involved ❤❤❤

I find it strange to say to “All” the players and then limit these to one country only. That’s not all the players at all (it’s actually less inclusive than they normally are). It should have been “For All The Players, If you are in the UK, the rest can get lost”. While I am personally not interested in these as I am not part of the LGBTQ+ community, I do think it’s a good cause, so I hope it does well. It’s just a bit weird saying you include everybody and then limit it to one country.

I hope they do understand that there are LGBTQ+ members in all countries? And if they do, I hope they think they matter as well.

deviant_cookie 09 June, 2019 @ 13:41

Why is it not available in Russia? :( :( :(

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history