Posted

Detroit: Become Human and Horizon Chase Turbo are your PlayStation Plus games for July

Solve crimes in the neo-noir thriller or enjoy some classic arcade racing

Update: We are making a swap to the PS Plus games lineup for July. This month, we are adding Detroit: Become Human Digital Deluxe Edition*, which also includes Heavy Rain (Beyond Two Souls**), to the July games lineup instead of Pro Evolution Soccer 2019. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Here’s more information about Detroit: Become Human, which will be available to PS Plus members along with Horizon Chase Turbo from 2nd July to 5th August.

In Detroit: Become Human, discover what it really means to be human in a powerful, emotional journey made of choice and consequences. Set in Detroit City during the year 2036, the city has been revitalized by the invention and introduction of Androids into everyday life. But when Androids start behaving as if they are alive, events begin to spin out of control. Step into the roles of the story’s pivotal three playable characters, each with unique perspectives as they face their new way of life.

*Detroit: Become Human is not available in Kuwait and will be replaced by PlayLink title Hidden Agenda

**Heavy Rain is not available in Bahrain, Lebanon, Oman Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE and is replaced by Beyond Two Souls as part of the Detroit: Become Human Digital Deluxe Edition

Take to the pitch in an acclaimed football sim and put the pedal to the metal in a nostalgic arcade racer with your next batch of PlayStation Plus Monthly Games, available to download from 2nd July.

Let’s take a closer look:

Pro Evolution Soccer 2019

From Konami’s long-running sports franchise, PES 2019 features a huge selection of real-world licensed leagues alongside hundreds of familiar players, bringing the thrill of global competition directly to your living room.

Create magic moments on and off the pitch, with each player possessing their own traits that will affect how they react in the moment, while myClub and Master League modes allow you to pursue your own club career. Enjoy local play for up to four players, or go online and test your skills against the world.

Horizon Chase Turbo

Prepare for a blast of pure ’90s nostalgia with Horizon Chase Turbo, a love-letter to the iconic, just-one-more-go racers of the arcade’s golden age.

Drawing inspiration from the likes of Out Run, Top Gear and Rush, developer Aquaris Game Studio captures the essence of the 16-bit era with style, with modern visuals, a thumping soundtrack with insane arpeggios and classic split-screen couch multiplayer.

Play solo or grab up to three friends. You’ll pilot your car through extraordinary places, watching the sun setting, facing rain, snow, volcanic ashes and even severe sandstorms.

Both Pro Evolution Soccer 2019 and Horizon Chase Turbo are available to download from PlayStation Store on 2nd July until 5th August.

In the meantime, you still have a few days left to pick up June’s two PlayStation Plus titles.

Borderlands: The Handsome Collection is a bumper bundle of both Borderlands 2 and Borderlands: The Pre-sequel, featuring hours of first-person looting and shooting, while Sonic Mania is a carefully crafted remix of Sega’s iconic platformer hero, retooled with extra modes, characters and stages.

If you haven’t downloaded these yet, fear not: both are available to download for PS Plus members until 1st July.

Let us know how you get on with June and July’s titles over on Twitter and Facebook and we’ll see you again next month.

What did you think about this story?
354 Comments
0 Author replies

Oh. Oh my.

1.1

Lions and tigers and bears

KaneTheGoth 26 June, 2019 @ 17:37
1.2

Tables and ladders and chairs

Afros and sweaters and flares

Show more replies
2.1

every time there is a game I like in Plus I already bought before, give a try to Horizon, the joke of giving away in July PES when the new game come in 2 months is enough to burn sony headquarters tho

ihadalifeb4this 26 June, 2019 @ 16:35

This is for the payers!

3.1

Not it’s for dumb players who don’t complain to Sony in Europe.

andrewsqual 26 June, 2019 @ 18:15
3.2

As opposed to the people who never praise Sony when they are constantly doing great things lol? You see, it works both ways.

MiseryPrincess 26 June, 2019 @ 18:29
3.3

When was Sony “constantly doing great things” at any point this generation?

They got a headstart because of Microsoft’s stupidity, and were able to slip in forced online costs without too much complaint. Since then they’ve sat around not really doing very much other than promoting crappy VR/Playlink, releasing samey sad third person action games and closing studios.

Show more replies

Wow. Thanks, once again, for not adding anything to my backlog. I guess..?

EDIT: I am pleased with the change, thanks Sony!

THANK YOU! FOR CHANGING THE GAME! Whoever changed it, you are the best!

You can play a version of PES for free though.

Caltor_Storm 02 July, 2019 @ 18:49
5.2

How?

5.3

Go to the store. Type in PES. Magic.

Show more replies

Errrr…yep, thanks for Detroit!

Tomskey1978 26 June, 2019 @ 16:40

Disappointed

Lol ? if only week got get worst we get pes a football game that you can do out side free ps plus game . Worst lineup of the year well done playstation. And Fred not here because Sony move headquarters to Europe. That why blog suck .

8.1

@ScooterMix

What a rubbish argument. You can do COD outside for free too if you join the army.

8.2

So defending a football game that has no value on ps plus free games.

8.3

I assumed you were French or German or any nationality that doesn’t have English as their primary language but then saw the Union Jack. Can’t decipher what you put at all

I’m sorry, I’ll let my PS+ subscription expire in November and won’t renew anymore. This year was generally poor, but this month is the lowest ever. You can keep your multiplayer service and stuff, I’m not interested in it anymore.

9.1

Okay, goodbye!

I normally defend the offerings against all the moaners, but this is horrendous.

10.1

I download 2-3 games a year from this joke called free games, try horizon is surprisingly good

10.2

I normally moan about the PS Plus monthly games…. And here I am, doing it again, because this is yet another terrible line-up.

nidgetorg_be 03 July, 2019 @ 08:10
10.3

Are you paid by Sony to do it ? It became a real job to defend the ps plus offering.

Damn what a rubbish line-up. I don’t play sports games or racing games. Guess you can’t please everyone. Please give us 4 games each month at least? 1 AAA, 1 AA and 2 indies. Is that too much to ask? Sony, you’re looking really crappy compared to XBox with 4 games each month and Game Pass.

11.1

An AAA every month? Yeah, that’s way too much to ask from Sony.

Simulacrum_AT 01 July, 2019 @ 14:05
11.2

I do not understand why people are so obsessed with these self-proclaimed “Blockbusters”. Non-stop action and stupid graphic fireworks are not busting my blocks… And I think that if people care about an “AAA” game they would already own it.

11.3

To me that would make sense, better than thinking I’m getting a deal then seeing it for sale the week into the next month for 5 bucks. That’s the part that hurts the most. It’s like I switched from xbox for this?

Horizon chase if a great fun game

12.1

I was surprised, for the amount of variety, and the soundtrack is amazing (coming from guy that the first thing I do is to remove any music from games)

12.2

But it’s not quite ‘PS Plus’ monthly games quality, though is it?

12.3

lets be clear this is the best arcade racing of the last years, great graphics, 4p multiplayer, amazing music and tight controllers in my eyes and I been playing arcade racers for more than 40 years is a future classic

Show more replies
lIEzioAuditoreIl 26 June, 2019 @ 16:44

Has to be the worst lineup in a long time right? This is downright terrible.

X_Blood_Curse_X 26 June, 2019 @ 16:44

Hope you’ve got something planned for Plus soon, especially with PS5 around the corner. This is rubbish

OnionMarmalade 26 June, 2019 @ 16:45

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Nothing for me due to my tastes. I play neither sports games nor racing games, unless it’s WipEout. WipEout is the best. Make a new one for PlayStation 5!

16.1

Off topic but hurrah!

MiseryPrincess 26 June, 2019 @ 18:14
16.2

Unfortunately they closed the studio that made Wipeout. They also closed the makers of Twisted Metal. Oh and Motorstorm.

They for some unknown reason kept Polyphony though. I guess Sony hate fun in racing games.

Nicko_McBrain 26 June, 2019 @ 16:48

I’m sad that the only reason for me to stay subscribed to this “service” is the fact that I would lose my PS+ library if I were to unsubscribe. You give less games, raise the price and then have the guts to give us worse games.

17.1

Same here, had plus since it started on ps3 I would lose access to hundreds of games if I leave, those that have had it since start should be allowed to own our plus games.

17.2

Just cancel your subscription, don’t renew. It will probably be worth it in the long run.

17.3

Re-subscribe once every 6 month or when you see a game you really like. No need to stay subscribed all year, you won’t lose your game.

JohnAnnihilation 26 June, 2019 @ 16:48

I thought May was the worst year for PS Plus, I was wrong

MiseryPrincess 26 June, 2019 @ 17:55
18.1

It’s interesting to see how Sony outdo themselves every month. I wonder how long they can keep up this momentum..

18.2

May isn’t a year.

nidgetorg_be 03 July, 2019 @ 08:17
18.3

Funny lapsus: you used the word “year” instead of “month”. Actually yeah it’s the worth year for PS Plus ;-)

SuperiorMjolnir 26 June, 2019 @ 16:49

This is a bad month, even by Sony’s standards.

SuperiorMjolnir 02 July, 2019 @ 14:17
19.1

Credit where credit is due – thank you for listening to the dissatisfaction of your customers and changing the PS+ selection for this month.

MakeMeePurr 26 June, 2019 @ 16:50

Is this a late april fools joke?

What an absolute joke! The cheek to take away PS3 and Vita games and then give us absolute rubbish every month… You should be ashamed Sony,

What a joke.

What an embarrassment. Is this what you removed PS3 and Vita games for?

what a total disaster. pes 2019????? the season is over! there is literally no point in playing this game anymore. shameful

[DELETED] is this a joke? A fake news?

Wow, this is truly awful. And you are going to make PS+ even more expensive in August.

neutronbomb 26 June, 2019 @ 16:55

Horizon lol. They must have been rolling on the floor at ps plus when they thought that one up.

“Really ZERO in on people’s faces when it DAWNs on them”. ?

I-Am-Goat-Boy 26 June, 2019 @ 16:57

Horizon Chase Turbo is a brilliant arcade racer along the lines of Outrun and Lotus Turbo Challenge. I did buy it in the sale last month which I’d been meaning to for awhile, but it’s incredibly fun and you can’t say it rubbish. I’ll give Pro Evo 2019 a go. Been considering getting a rare new football game and this’ll be good enough for me.

winkelwagentje 26 June, 2019 @ 18:49
28.1

Dare I say that I am quite pleased with these as well. Haven’t bough PES for a good few years now, even though I used to play it a lot. And Horizon Chase looks very good as well. Both games I will certainly give a go next month.

I-Am-Goat-Boy 27 June, 2019 @ 17:42
28.2

Yeah, Horizon has about 109 tracks I think, lots of cars to unlock, the music’s excellent too. Reminds me very much of the classic Sega music on the Mega Drive. Definitely worth a look ? So many people voice their disdain at Sony for “crap games” (What Remains of Edith Finch and Horizon Chase Turbo are far from crap) on Plus, but there’s still many that enjoy them and like trying something new. Also, not everybody buys football games every year that might buy a new one once every generation, so PES is definitely welcome, and I used to prefer it to Fifa. Seems very AAA or bust.

Simulacrum_AT 01 July, 2019 @ 14:09
28.3

“Also, not everybody buys football games every year ” Imagine, there are even people out there who do not play football at all.

lIEzioAuditoreIl 26 June, 2019 @ 16:58

The next pes comes out in 2 months, making this outdated. What were they thinking?

29.1

Pretty much the only time you see anything close to a AAA game on PS+ is when it’s advertising for something about to come out in a month or 2 (like Borderlands last month).

29.2

You can not compare that. Borderlands collection has a great story and a lot of content. PES don’t even habe licenses for the most clubs (surr you can download fan made patches) and the season is over.

29.3

I’m not denying it’s a much better game, but that doesn’t invalidate my comment.

Erm, to the people moaning have you not noted that Womens world cup is on FTA TV therefore a apt football game and I will download the football game no issues as that is my type of sport (along with racing cars)

lIEzioAuditoreIl 26 June, 2019 @ 16:59
30.1

Womens World cup is a joke And pes doesn’t have womens football so… Stop defending trash.

30.2

Why is the women’s world cup a joke?

30.3

@Alex79uk

Because it’s bloody awful

Show more replies
Carnivius_Prime 26 June, 2019 @ 16:58

Hah. I’m not a football fan but eh whatever, but I was waiting til Horizon Chase Turbo was in a sale next cos I really liked the demo (I like that retro racer vibe) and now I don’t have to pay diddily for it. Thanks. :D

I do miss getting more games each month though but yeah one of these has been on my wishlist for a while so I’m at least partially happy. :D

Dear Sony, please let me cancel my Plus subscription. I only have it for the games and for many months I am disappointed with your offering. Please give the money as a store credit.

32.1

Just dont renew your subscription

32.2

It lets you cancel your subscription lol

PenguinAlex 26 June, 2019 @ 17:01

This is the first month in the 6 years I have been using PS Plus where I won’t be downloading any of the titles. I only ever not download something if I don’t even have the slightest interest in trying. At least Borderlands Handsome Collection is taking me a while to platinum. Might have it finished by the time the August games are announced.

33.1

i haven’t download a games since months but if you eat so much shirt in the last 6 years and don’t try horizon you are not making yourself any favour

Awful. ?

If you are in to football games you would of already purchased Fifa or Pro Evo or both, what’s the point in forcing a football game on to the masses who won’t even bother downloading it?

34.1

I can’t imagine there is a person alive who wants the soccer game but has been waiting 10 months to get it.

Uebernueber 26 June, 2019 @ 17:04

This is bad Sony and you should feel bad!

Meanwhile on Gamepass for a few bucks more: Metro Exodus, Life is Strange 2, Shadow Of the Tomb Raider and many many more..

36.1

If your comparing like for like it’s games with gold and thay ain’t good games! Game pass is comparable to playstation now! I’ve just signed up to game pass a £1 for a month how could you not?

totaldirkness 27 June, 2019 @ 05:37
36.2

Gamepass is great. Haven’t touched my Playstation in months. The Xbox has the best service for gamers this generation. But luckily for Sony their Exclusives suck.

I love Horizon and I love it so much I will buy it again physical to play it in 20 years time again, no complains of curse solid choice

but giving away In JULY a game that in 2 months would render old is a insult to the intelligence of the players

37.1

you know this isn’t Horizon Zero Dawn yeah?

37.2

yeah I have it in my switch and my ps4

Absolute rubbish.

that racing game might be fun but overall what a disappointing month ?

Usually I am happy with the games but I would rather [DELETED] in my hands and clap than play this garbage.

Horizon Chase is alright…. For a mobile game. The console version doesn’t add anything really except enhanced performance

Another racing game instead of that would’ve been nice

41.1

I play mainly arcade racers, I will say is the best arcade racer in the last years, music is amazing, the game have a lot of variety and the handling is great, what game would you added, honest question

ThePirateLeChuck 27 June, 2019 @ 01:10
41.2

Forza Horizon 4

DR_SCHOKKER 30 June, 2019 @ 08:27
41.3

Horizon Chase has splitscreen for up to four people. Probably not a game I will play myself but it’s going on the list for co-op night

Show more replies

God I hate football. I usually get theses freebies even if I have no intention of playing them. I think I’ll pass on this one.

42.1

British and hate football, please pinch me someone :P

42.2

I love football, but this month is still rubbish, that’s for sure

Carnivius_Prime 26 June, 2019 @ 22:41
42.3

i’m british and hate football. I like kicking a ball about but watching professional football matches bores the heck out of me. Only football video game I liked was Sensible Soccer. That one was pretty fun.

Show more replies
true_ven0hm 26 June, 2019 @ 17:20

???????

Kurupt_El_Don 26 June, 2019 @ 17:24

It’s funny that the author doesn’t even reply to any comments posted here..oh well..another terrible month and another no ps plus renewal for me..come one Sony..seriously!!!!!

Ok….. party’s over. Time to pack it up and move on. This service has gotten worse than having no games. Now they just want to insult you. This gives me pause when it comes to PS5. Sony seems to be mismanaging the good will they have built up. I’m getting concerned they are going to make some “PS3 launch” level mistakes since they’ve gotten too comfortable.

MiseryPrincess 26 June, 2019 @ 17:59
46.1

Hopefully Sony learn the single constant lesson with every console launch. The cheaper console always wins.

This is what happens when you are sales leader. Enjoy.

Microsoft products continue to look tempting!

MiseryPrincess 26 June, 2019 @ 18:48
48.1

If only they didn’t have terrible controllers and no interesting exclusives!

48.2

Now, now. Forza Horizon 4 is excellent. As is… uh… about a quarter of Rare Replay, maybe?

…Yeah, I can really see why they’ve desperately been buying out game studios in the last couple of years. This hasn’t exactly been a stellar gen for the Xbox.

ThePirateLeChuck 27 June, 2019 @ 01:13
48.3

Sea of Thieves is actually rather brilliant.

Not a carbon copy Action Adventure game (but just with different characters) like 90% of Sony’s exclusives over this generation.

Show more replies

So, any chance to get life of black tiger next month?

Thunderlizzard 27 June, 2019 @ 09:03
49.1

I wish!!

Maybe they could pair it up with Horse Racing 2016. Already finished it once on Xbox but would definitely play it again on PS4.

Very happy with them 2 as been tempted a few times to buy both