Posted

Batman: Arkham Knight and Darksiders III are your PlayStation Plus games for September

Become one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse or the caped crusader himself in next month’s line-up

Don Batman’s cowl and stalk the rooftops of Arkham City or unleash your inner fury in the savage third chapter of the Darksiders series in your next batch of PlayStation Plus monthly games, available to download from 3rd September.

Let’s take a closer look:

Batman: Arkham Knight

Descend into the besieged streets of Arkham City as DC’s most-iconic crime-fighting crusader in Rocksteady’s neo-noir action adventure and explosive finale to the Arkham series.

Pull on the legendary black cowl and explore the vast, neon metropolis, grappling up walls and vaulting across rooftops, gliding between buildings, or tearing through the streets in the super-powered Batmobile.

Go up against some of the caped crusader’s most iconic enemies, including Scarecrow, Harley Quinn, Killer Croc and more, using brutal hand-to-hand combat and an array of gadgets to liberate the over-run city once and for all.

Are you ready to become the Batman?

Darksiders III

A visceral hack-and-slash action adventure, Darksiders III places you in a dark fantasy world filled with diverse environments, dangerous foes, hidden secrets, and weapons and abilities to unlock.

Take on the role of Fury, the most unpredictable and enigmatic of the Four Horseman, as she returns to the scorched Earth to hunt down and destroy the Seven Deadly Sins. Track down each of the Seven Deadly Sins, slay their minions, and restore the balance between good and evil on Earth.

Let the apocalypse begin…

Both Batman: Arkham Knight and Darksiders III are available to download from PlayStation Store between September 3rd and September 30th.

In the meantime, you still have a few days left to pick up August’s PlayStation Plus titles.

WipEout Omega Collection is a lightning-fast, futuristic racing experience filled with death-defying circuits and cunning combat, while Sniper Elite 4 is a tense stealth shooter set at the height of World War II.

Both games are available to download until 2nd September.

Let us know how you get on with August and September’s titles over on Twitter and Facebook and we’ll see you again next month.

112 Comments
0 Author replies

Great month, even if I already have Arkham Knight, I’d like to play Darksiders.

1.1

Beware of poor Boss battle design. There are some overly difficult ones that seem like they were given to an intern to design :-( otherwise a good game. Shame that the reload times are so long even on a ‘Pro

counterUAVbaby 28 August, 2019 @ 16:34

Nice line-up for the subscribers!

Darksiders 3 has sat on my “maaaaybe” list for awhile now, so I’m quite happy with this!

Same! I liked the first 2 a lot and while the 3rd is apparently not quite as good, I was going to play it eventually anyway.

Not a bad month but not a great one either, Darksiders is mediocre and Batman is over 4 years old.

4.1

Who cares how old it is. I’d sooner have a great old game than a new crap one

Carnivius_Prime 28 August, 2019 @ 17:01
4.2

it’s not even one of the ‘good’ arkhams though (not that I like any of them) but the one a lot of people really didn’t like. but hey if you do then it’s cool but ugh not for me

4.3

I see so many people hate on this game yet have never played it. The Arkham series is great.

Show more replies

Love this line-up! Even though I already have Arkham Knight, Darksiders is also great. Thx playstation. <3

Great lineup 😍 , now please PS Plus team don’t drop from this level .

Awesome I have Darksiders and Darksiders 2 to play yet as I have picked them up a while back so I had better crack on. Plus two games I don’t own.

Darksiders is a good game and Darksiders 2 is a great game. They aged a little and controls might feel a little clunky but still worth it for the cool story.

The backlog gets bigger – Still playing Horizon Chase Turbo from 2 months ago

Carnivius_Prime 28 August, 2019 @ 17:00
8.1

Me too. It may be one fo the smaller cheaper games of the past few months but I absolutely love it. Damn fine fun racing with lovely colourful graphics and funky music. :)

Best PS+ game for me so far.

8.3

Got all the gold trophies with my girlfriend, now just to go for the super trophies and endurance…

ahh cmon.. these are games that MOST of the people who wanted to play them, got them. isnt it much nicer when there are unknown gems in the lineup? also.. why did the psvr games stop being present? when they cancelled the ps3 and vita games i thought we gonna get psvr more frequently, but seems like not at all

braindead1981 28 August, 2019 @ 16:43
9.1

I disagree. Still have Darksiders 2 to play, so looking forward to having the third one also now. Same with Arkham, played and loved the first two games, but never got around to Knight. So I am in the happy camp for sure this month.

surely thats the case with any game, if you wanted to play it then you bought it….not wait around on the off chance it may join ps plus. its about a mixture of games and its good if on the fence, done arkham knight on pc, but been on the fence about ds3 and very happy its included here, same with sniper elite last month, i likely wouldnt have bought it but happy we got it included as enjoyed it more than i thought

MiseryPrincess 28 August, 2019 @ 17:12
9.3

VR games are going to be pointless for over 95% of PS+ subscribers as barely anyone owns a headset.

Show more replies

Not great not terrible.

10.1

Would’ve been good if Arkham Knight wasnt already on PS Now.

10.2

What is it with all you people that don’t have Plus that complain about Plus? Also; you do not understand anything about subscriptions or numbers BBbossness

PS Now is still limited to a small number of territories and Argonark’s country is not one of them. Neither is mine.

Wow! This is great. Already got darksiders 3. been planing on getting arkham knight for a while though. Loved the first two games. Those who complain this month can just…

thats a great month right there!!

blacksheepwall_ 28 August, 2019 @ 16:40

Another solid month

To give PS+ more value have you ever considered making PARTS of PS NOW available for free for PS+-subscribers

14.1

Or dropping the price again now that 2/3rds of the content went missing.

They can’t really practically offer PS Now when probably half the countries in this region have no access to it. They’d have to offer alternate games for those regions every month (and maybe for people who didn’t have good enough internet).

Considering Arkham Knight has been on PS Now for some time now, I would say you’re already getting your wish.

whole_giraffe 28 August, 2019 @ 18:05
14.3

They need to do it! They’ve been giving the same games for both ps now and ps plus for a long time. I mean jesus christ, now they’ve given games that were already on ps now 2 months in a row.

Show more replies

Isn’t it a bit pointless to put games on Plus that have been on NOW for quite some time (Sniper Elite 4 had been on Now for almost a year)? Means people that have both are pretty much getting nothing…

whole_giraffe 28 August, 2019 @ 17:58
15.1

EXACTLY! Sometimes I feel like I’m the only one who notices this! They keep doing it, it’s annoying as hell. They really need to stop giving games that are already on PS Now! They might as well just merge both PS Plus and PS Now together if they want to keep giving the same games for both services.

15.2

Agreed

15.3

The thing to do is this: Dont subscribe to the joke that is PSNow.

The service was only brought about as an excuse not to make PS4 backwardly compatible anyway.

Show more replies
Carnivius_Prime 28 August, 2019 @ 16:49

Hm Darksiders 3 might be good. Absolutely hated Arkham Knight when i got it with my first PS4 (Arkham Knight silver ps4 with batman on it) and sold it within a few days. Eventually traded the PS4 in and got a Pro instead. But yeah Darksiders might be cool. I didn’t really get into the 2nd one though

16.1

Then I’m guessing that you either didn’t enjoy or had never played Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. You’re entitled to your opinion on what is enjoyable but it is, without doubt, a really good game. Maybe you should try it again?

Carnivius_Prime 29 August, 2019 @ 07:52
16.2

People making assumptions again? :P I bought Arkham Asylum when it came out on PS3. I found it a bit of a tedious slog but got through it and sold it a week later while still worth something. I got Arkham City bundled with PS3 Slim when I traded in my original PS3. I didn’t care for City. It felt much messier and unfocused compared to Asylum but i tried to enjoy it (even buying skins of batman looks i preferred but found out i couldn’t actually use them til finished the game?) but sold it soon enough too. Sorry I just find the Arkham games really dull and I don’t like their versions of the characters or the aesthetic style. Knight was absolutely awful (what the hell was with those batmobile parts, driving that thing should be fun but it really wasn’t).

Great titles, but you still have not added anything to replace the PS3 and Vita titles yet. This is now the 7th month of only 2 titles. No matter how good the titles you add, it still does not change the fact that you took away 4 games every month and gave nothing in replacement.

17.1

And increased the annual price by 25%…

Had comment know that not bad month I got batman but I play Darksiders 3 great month . Sony don’t drop ball keep doing this Sony . This games are a must play

Impressive!

Good month! Two solid games (still wish we had 4 games like X). Got Batman years ago on disc, but still haven’t played it, so can at least sell or get rid of the disc and just keep the download on my system. Will give Darksiders a go too.

20.1

do you know im actually surprised microsoft hasnt dropped the 360 games, even if only down to one, they have put the bc program on hold now til the nextbox comes out , and its a ltd supply of games thats on it, so at some point they gonna start running out of games (or publishers who want to do it) they even been giving classic xbox games some months , it wouldnt surprise me if they do drop at some point

great month again, happy with the games, now come back and talk to us on here lol :)

I already bought both games last month, and Batman from next month.

BUT.. The most important thing is that the last 2 months had more value than the first 7 months combined in 2019 for those who didn’t buy them.

american_jpwb_v2 28 August, 2019 @ 17:25

I dream of a time when we get complete editions of games, right now the intention is clearly that we buy the dlc’s for the ps+ offerings.

Huh. Batman was great but played it and I really don’t like Darksiders. It’s just dull! Never mind.

Solid month – good job PS Plus team 👍🏻

I stopped playing Batman: Arkham Knight after the many forced car interaction that I didn’t enjoyed.

I loved the first Darksiders game, hated the second and passed on the third. Not going to renew yet Sony.

Good month, two AAA games. Even though I’m not a fan of any of the two, I’ll definitely check out both of them.

Please, for the love of god, stop giving the same games for PS Plus and PS Now!! You’ve been doing it for ages, and now you’ve done it two months in a row! It’s annoying for users who have both services, they end up paying more and getting nothing in return. You might as well just merge both services together if you want to keep doing this!

28.1

STOP SUBSCRIBING THEN! If you keep giving Sony your money then you have no-one to blame but yourself.

28.2

I’m not subscribed to PS Now anymore, I’m just saying it for people who are subscribed to both services. Also, another reason why it’s disappointing for sony to give us PS Plus users games that were already on PS Now, is that you can literally play all PS Now games for free, all you need to do is make a few free trials, and you can do that without any limits. Whenever the ps plus lineup includes a good game thats already on ps now, people get all happy about it but they dont realise that you can play the game for free anyway!

28.3

Okay, look up how many people have PS Now and how many have PS Plus. Look up the differences between the two services and get back to me.

I don’t believe it, two games I don’t own that I’m kind of interested in. Good job Sony. I don’t remember the last time this happened.

Oooh nice! I kept seeing Darksiders 3 while browsing the store, but each time was never 100% sure if I should get it, & there was always something else I knew for sure I wanted, so I’d always keep passing on it & getting something else instead. Guess this is my cue to finally give it a go.

Arkham Knight seems like it’d be interesting to try too.

ROCKOFFANDDIE 28 August, 2019 @ 18:31

To the people complaining that Batman is also on Playstation Now. Playstation Now has around 700,000 subscribers, whereas Playstation Plus has around 36 million subscribers. I think that sony shouldn’t deny the plus subscribers a chance to play a good game because potentially around 2 percent of them could play it through another service.

31.1

Yeah not only that, imagine how hard it would be to pick games for plus that weren’t on ps now and keep everyone happy with the two picks lol impossible to keep everyone happen just now

31.2

Well if that’s the case they should merge both services together and give PS Plus subscribers at least some access to PS Now… especially since they still haven’t compensated for increasing the price of PS Plus and removing PS3 and Vita games! Simple as that, there’s no excuse if you ask me.

Best month in a long, long time!!

More like this please Sony.

Just bought Darksider 3 last week

33.1

33.2

It happens. As do discounts. Just enjoy the game :)

Superb – again, not going to appeal to everyone, and it’d be really nice if it was more than two games per month, and other such grumbling… but I personally can’t fault this offering. 🦇

Finally something amazing that makes me so glad to be a PS+ subscriber.

Isn’t Darksiders fairly new? Pretty good month I guess. It’s almost like they heard us.

Batman is kinda lame though

36.1

Darksiders 3 is about 9 months old (Nov 2018). And, sorry, but you’re wrong; Arkham Knight is a solid game with a combat system mimicked by way too many other games.

Carnivius_Prime 29 August, 2019 @ 07:54
36.2

a combat system vastly improved in many other games. I don’t like it in the Arkham games, it feels sluggish and the camera often turns too much during it which i find annoying.

36.3

An S&M billionaire who calls his toys bat-o-something and fights evil clowns and penguins.. Nah thanks, I despise these dumb DC/Marvel comics and their stranglehold on pop culture.

This is fine by me i will take it..

The_Dead_Ender1 28 August, 2019 @ 22:02

I played and finished batman arkham knight about 4 times but i dont know what darksiders is so i might get it

SPARTANGAMER918 28 August, 2019 @ 22:09

I wish they included the arkham knight dlc’s

39.1

Me too, hopefully they will give us a decent discount on the season pass.

39.2

Ya hopefully they do, although for the price of all the dlc $20 isn’t that bad for the season pass

39.3

The season pass is so worth it. Take it from a guy that played all of it and all the previous games.

‘Great month, Darksiders 3 will have to go onto the backlog though. I knew I shouldn’t have started Kingdom Come: Deliverance, I’m 240 hours in and still have a long way to go!

Good month except only the people who played the whole Arkham series will know what’s going on… maybe should’ve made the previous games free for ps plus first.

41.1

Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were both given away with PS Plus on PS3 already although that was back in 2013 and 2014. PlayStation don’t give out the same game again so it’s highly unlikely that the remasters will be given away to subscribers.

I agree with you for what it’s worth though, it would have been good for those who haven’t played the games.

Carnivius_Prime 29 August, 2019 @ 07:54
41.2

Bulletstorm PS3 was a PS Plus freebi and then 5 years later the PS4 remaster was a PS Plus freebie too so it does happen

nukualofaperson 29 August, 2019 @ 19:18
41.3

Limbo was also given twice. In December ’12 for PS3 and August ’15 for PS4. Great game!

And Heavy Rain has been twice: July ’18 and July ’19.

Stop forcing this subscription down our throats for online gaming. Can’t they sell PS+ on its own merits?

MiseryPrincess 29 August, 2019 @ 19:09
42.1

Especially as they don’t provide game host servers (other companies do).

Or do basically anything but a messaging/matchmaking system (which is free on basically everything) and downloads on their store (which surely purchases go towards).

If you think about it, there is basically zero financial reason to pay Sony for online in the first place.

Fabulous month. I already own DS3, but Arkham Knight i never got round to purchasing so i’m pretty happy. More RPGs for next month please

Got Batman with my PS4 (two trophies short of the platinum, that’s how much I liked it) and this is great for people that didn’t play it yet. They get to complain about the tank.

Just yesterday I explained the Darksiders vibe to my girlfriend with “yeah it is Zelda but with demons and the second one is also good, you play as Death, and now they are doing Diablo or whatever but I haven’t played the third because meh”. Guess I will play it now. I consider this a good month.

Jesus.. a 4 year old game (the worst Arkham at that too! Batmobile missions ruined it) and Darksiders 3 a 64% metacritic scored game.. notice even people who played 1 & 2 didn’t even feel like buying 3 after “loving” the first two 😅🤷‍♂️.. thinking half these comments are Sony trying to convince people they gave good games

At this point Sony’s just trolling the Americas and no one’s catching on. They’ve gotten worse and worse yet other regions are getting decent games.. Xbox deff killing Sony in the free game sector for sure!!

So I’m a PS+ member, the games are there to download, yet you’re trying to charge me for them??

Sounds like an issue connected with PS Now. PS Now is not available in my country and I had no problem adding Batman to my library yesterday.

For some reason when I try to download Arkham knight it only gives me the option to subscribe to ps now to get it… doesnt give me the option to download through ps plus.

Such liars batman Arkham knight is not free ive had ps+ for years and first time ever this 1 game not free like its supposed to be shows up as 100$ to buy or available on ps now even though its listed under ps+ section was able to purchase darksiders 3 for free but not batman its not free

Batman is NOT free! You have to pay for playstation now to even play it. $19 per month is not free!!! Darksiders is the worst game ive ever ever played. Designed for 8 year old robots.

“8 year old robots” are definitely more inteligent than you judging by your dumb post

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history