Posted

PlayStation Now update brings new subscription pricing, adds GTA V, God of War, Uncharted 4 and more

PS4 blockbusters join the streaming and download service for a limited time from today

PlayStation Now is the first and only console game subscription service that uses cloud technology to deliver an unprecedented breadth of games through streaming and downloading. Today, I am truly pleased to announce new updates to the service that take our subscription gaming efforts to the next level.

Starting today, PS Now will be offered at a more compelling price that is comparable to other entertainment streaming services on the market. Current customers will see this new pricing reflected in their next billing cycle. The new prices will be:

• EU: €9.99 – monthly / €24.99 – quarterly / €59.99 – yearly (from €14.99/ (N/A)/ €99.99)
  • UK: £8.99 – monthly / £22.99 – quarterly / £49.99 – yearly (from £12.99 / (N/A) / £84.99)

We currently have the largest game library of any console game subscription service, with more than 700* games available. Starting today, we’re adding more blockbuster content that includes some of the most highly played and critically-acclaimed PS4 games ever.

Check out the first wave of new content below, which is available for three months.

• God of War
  • Grand Theft Auto V**
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End

These games will be available from 1st October, 2019 until 2nd January, 2020. Each month, the service will add a new selection of popular games that will be available for a limited period. This selection of content is on top of the existing offering of popular evergreen titles that are added to PS Now on a regular basis.

Since PS Now’s expansion earlier this year, we now cover 19 territories and 70% of our PS4 user base. This provides an opportune time for us to begin our first global marketing campaign for the service, including the first-ever PS Now TV spot, which can be viewed here.

Using our cloud gaming technology, PlayStation Now offers choice to subscribers with how they want to access their gaming content.

Gamers can choose to stream hundreds of PS4, PS3 and PS2 games available on their PS4 or PC devices, or download more than 300* PS4 games on their PS4 system. Some downloaded games support DLC and other user-purchased add-ons, as well as PS4 Pro enhancements. Seven-day free trials are available for new customers. For more information, please visit the PlayStation Now page on PlayStation.com.

We’ve been in the cloud gaming business since 2014, and we have had many key learnings along the way to ensure we deliver a service that meets the needs of gamers. We want to thank all of you in the PlayStation family for being on this journey with us, and together, we are excited to push cloud gaming forward as the world of gaming continues to evolve.

*Content library may vary by region

** Grand Theft Auto V is available to download and stream via PS Now at launch; The Diamond Casino is unavailable while streaming Grand Theft Auto V. You’ll need to download Grand Theft Auto V to access it.

What did you think about this story?
70 Comments
0 Author replies
counterUAVbaby 01 October, 2019 @ 13:08

Release to Greece already Sony! I will subscribe! Dammit! :)

ThePirateLeChuck 01 October, 2019 @ 21:50 Edited
1.1

Now THIS is what I’ve been waiting for.Good exclusive games coming to the service. The price reduction is also a big bonus. My subscription was due to end next month. I was dead set to let it expire too. I’ll now be purchasing another year. We’ve got the success of MS Gamepass and the threat of Stadia to thank for this. Here’s to MS & Google, oh and Sony!

New pricing not showing on the PSN store.

Isn’t it time PS Now got some kind of integration with PS Plus? It’s been 8 months since we lost PS3 and PS Vita games in the monthly IGC updates and we’ve yet to see any real value added to our monthly games to compensate it.

3.1

PS Now would have to be available in all countries that PS Plus is first, otherwise a lot of countries would get shafted on that deal.

Actually if you subscribe to PS Now you don’t need PlayStation plus to play any of the games within the collection.

The only way they could integrate it is with a discounted price…. But they’ve just done that for everyone regardless if they have PS plus.

Show more replies

Awesome news, PS Now is moving in to replace PS Plus as the Instant Game Collection. Good move!

fantastic price for all those games! Some decent limited time games also. Shame EA access is now & Ubisoft + is round the corner.

X_Blood_Curse_X 01 October, 2019 @ 13:31

I’m gonna need some kind of PS+ bundle or offer before I get on board. I’m not paying for two yearly subscriptions, one of which has simply gotten worse and both of which I’m left with nothing once they expire

Really nice to see this much much more competitive price, really excited to see the service grow more and more now.

Also the new games just added are nice gets! More big hitters are great but don’t forget about the legacy catalog!

Thats the annual price I payed during a sale, glad other get it as well, the original price is a bit too high.

AussieOutsider 01 October, 2019 @ 13:57

how about releasing this service to other markets… I’d love for it to be available in Australia

Got there in the end, guys! 😆

Still £84.99 in the PS App as of 2pm.

11.1

Yea they have not updated it yet, just checked for God of War, not on yet :)

Carnivius_Prime 01 October, 2019 @ 14:30

Hmmmm…interesting.

Wow, it actually happend. Glad to see the price finally went down to a more fair price point.

Still far too expensive for a game streaming service.

Comparing to Game Pass and the value, yes. Native play is always better than streaming.

Games Pass also even get free third party games on day 1 of release, and all games is played natively with no streaming. They also added many big third party Games early on after release like Metro Exodus, Just Cause 4, Devil May Cry 5, Dirt 2.0 and others. I have Xbox One X too with Game Pass, so i’m fine.

God of War is 1.5 years old, and will only be there for a limited time even this long time after release.

I own God of War on disc anyway, so it doesen’t affect me.

14.2

Actually you can download the PS4 & PS2 games so your not streaming.

14.3

Yes, but there is still no new games on PSNOW like on Game Pass.

So yesterday it was announced that Shawn Layden will be departing Sony and today they announce that Sony Worldwide Studios games are being added to PS Now…

Anyways, just want to throw my name into the mix for new chairman of Worldwide Studios! I have some great ideas that will revolutionize the gaming industry. I can start November.

MiseryPrincess 02 October, 2019 @ 03:01
15.1

You should. I think I’d be too revolutionary.

Me “Hey guys, I have this new idea”

Sony Employees “ooh this sounds good”

Me “Lets make the next first party title nothing like the Last of Us!”

Sony Employees “But people love the Last of Us of War, what else do you want us to do but make commercially safe clones of games people loved on the PS3?!?!?!?!”

Me “Well ok, but gameplay where you’re mainly just walking and listening to people talk then fighting the same 2 enemies over and over in really basic combat is a bit boring. Oh and the characters are basically all the same..”

Sony Employees “Pfft. Our market demographics is just guys with beards and ellen page fans who prefer movies to games. What else shall we do?!!?!?!”

Me “Something different?”

Sony Employees put on VR headsets and riot in a mix of confusion and outrage

Show full comment

You should. I think I’d be too revolutionary.

Me “Hey guys, I have this new idea”

Sony Employees “ooh this sounds good”

Me “Lets make the next first party title nothing like the Last of Us!”

Me “Something different?”

Sony Employees put on VR headsets and riot in a mix of confusion and outrage

15.2

I thought we could make games fun again, respect our players’ time and create challenging games that focus on player skill instead of avatar progression… So let’s cancel HZD and Spiderman sequels and have those studios work on something that’s not an open world collectathon. Haha, just kidding. It’s 2019, what else they gonna do.

But here’s an idea: The studio responsible for Days Gone shall now only create PSVR experiences. That would make things a lot easier for our shills department, who had a hard time this year, keeping up with praising PSVR on social media and creating metacritic accounts to save Days Gone’s user score.

And as we are approaching a new generation, it’s pretty clear the whole “For the players” phrase worked wonders, as kids around the globe are happy to yell “For Sony”. So with PS5, let’s force people to buy a PS Now subscription if they want to charge their controller!

Yasss, for the players!

Actually amazed that the price has gone down as opposed to up considering the increase of games since I started 5 months ago. Thank you! 😍😍

I also think adding AAA games for a limited time is a smart move for a streaming service, better games without costing the network more. An approach I hope Netflix adopts for films.

My only wish now is to get ps1 games on there.

Thanks again Sony and loving the TV Spot.

Sony Please make Ps now available in Russia! I Will definitely give it a try!

Excellent! Waiting for Poland launch :)

Yea…still not buying it.

You charge £50 for PS+ yet take away the majority of free offerings, a cloud save service that barely works, and you have the gall to charge just as much for something that should have been integrated from the start?

Carnivius_Prime 01 October, 2019 @ 18:16
19.1

cloud save service barely works? Wha? I’ve never known any problems with it. I’ve relied on it on several occassions and found it always reliable. :O

19.2

Almost all games I play fails to upload data.

I’m only using 20% of storage.

There is a setting on the games on your list you set it to upload the saves it’s set to off as default to save space

Show more replies
Strangeheaven 01 October, 2019 @ 16:59

Sony have you ever considered putting digital art books to buy digitally on the playstation store? That would be nice😊

Still £84.99 on the PS4 store as of 5pm

MiseryPrincess 01 October, 2019 @ 18:01

So, you reduce the cost of Now… why not reduce the cost of Plus too???

I mean you did cut 2/3rds of the content after raising the price…

That’s a quality, well produced advert…Sony back on form. I miss all the original Playstation TV ads from decades past.

So presumably, if you download, say, God of War, you will lose access when it is rotated out after a few months? That’s… not ideal.

If this is on top of ”evergreen titles”, what are the other games this month?

25.1

another one with the same question

Same here, I really wanna know the regular october 2019 line-up. Maybe Nier or Vanquish? :P

From the looks of it they are all of October’s games and they are going to be messing up now like plus and go with no bundle of games on the months they stick four big titles and trash games in between

Show more replies

Its a small thing, but can the people over PS Now please add a small icon to games you play or stream that appear in your games library? and a PS Now section for your games library like ps plus has, that separates your games? It would be a really nice quality of life update.

I own all of them on disc. Which are better quality.

27.1

How on earth are they better quality, when you can download and play these games?

Please can you make playstation plus for free now

I think it’s time because I’m not paying for ps plus

Good news for the fortunate people who Sony thinks are important enough to have access.

How long until Australia gets to enjoy it too?

spiritbender777 02 October, 2019 @ 07:02

Please Sony bring PlayStation now to Australia ….I for 1 would definately sign up immediately

This new pricing has made it a lot more likely that when my PS+ runs out, I’ll grab a year of PS Now instead. The free games have generally been appalling over the last 18 months, with the odd exception. PS Now is a lot more attractive at this point, and with the added bonus of not needing Plus to play PS Now games online, it’s kind of a no brainer for me. Only game I ever play online is Rocket League anyway.

When PS NOW will launch in Saudi Arabia? :(

When will this service be launched in APAC? Singapore, HK..etc?

nukualofaperson 04 October, 2019 @ 14:24

This months games are obviously very good. On my very thorough and very nerdy list of all PS Now games, Grand Theft Auto V, God of War and Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End all get the AAA grade, meaning Must Play. Infamous: Second Son is slightly weaker, but with an A grade it is still a recommended play.

Can anyone help me I went all games on playstation now and there only 335 games on playstation now since meant 700 .games .Is Sony liaring because I don’t see 700 ?

nukualofaperson 05 October, 2019 @ 23:42
36.1

According to my list there are 695 games there, but I might have missed a few. There are for sure more than 335.

komail-jafari 05 October, 2019 @ 18:40

PlayStation 4 Time; I’m Gonna Miss What We Find

We have remote play for Mac but no PS Now…as soon as we have PS Now on Mac I’ll subscribe.

Anyone else realise some guys being taken off PlayStation now? Just noticed Uncharted 3 isn’t there anymore…

Edit history