Posted

Nioh and Outlast 2 are your PlayStation Plus games for November

Do battle with ancient demons in feudal Japan and struggle against a deranged cult in rural America

Prepare for the fight of your life next month as you lock swords with otherworldly evil in brutal action-RPG Nioh, and struggle for survival in tense psychological horror Outlast 2 – both joining the PS Plus monthly games line-up on 5th November.

Let’s take a closer look:

Nioh

Nioh is a visceral, action-driven adventure where you must hone your skills, upgrade your weapons and demonstrate perseverance and mastery in besting some of ancient Japan’s fiercest demons.

Travel to the blood-soaked Sengoku period and take on the role of an embattled outsider as you fight to liberate a guardian spirit from the clutches of a power-hungry sorcerer.

Wielding swords, spears, shuriken, bows, rifles, powerful elemental magic and more, shape yourself into an unstoppable samurai warrior. Develop new skills, find ever more powerful armor and perfect your playstyle as you explore overrun towns, brooding caves and abandoned harbors.

Outlast 2

Immerse yourself in a desperate fight for survival in an isolated rural community as you attempt to rescue your kidnapped wife from the clutches of a deranged cult.

Having narrowly escaped death in a helicopter crash, set out into the rundown village of Temple Gate and do your best to avoid its crazed inhabitants as you fight to locate your partner.

Haunted by your troubled past, look for answers as you uncover the ever more disturbing secrets lurking beneath the town and the twisted ambitions of its charismatic leader.

Both Nioh and Outlast 2 are available to download from PlayStation Store between 5th November and 3rd December.

In the meantime, you still have a few days left to pick up October’s PlayStation Plus titles, which includes The Last of Us Remastered and MLB: The Show 19.

Both games are available to download until 4th November.

For more information on PS Plus benefits, please visit our webpage.

What did you think about this story?
44 Comments
0 Author replies
Carnivius_Prime 30 October, 2019 @ 16:33

Hm. Outlast 2 ain’t for me but Nioh might be interesting. Cheers. Happy halloween and such. :)

Ok, I never got around to playing Nioh, so lets see.

Good month well done Sony

Been waiting for Nioh to come to PS+; good month!

DoYouLikeMyID 30 October, 2019 @ 16:37

Never got around to picking up Nioh. Not bad at all

Outlast 2 is not available in Saudi Arabia so what game we will get ?

6.1

The game has been reveled , it’s Goat Simulator .

6.2

According to a twitter I found, which I think is Saudi Arabia, its Goat Simulator. Weird substitute, kinda funny tho

Sammy______Snake 31 October, 2019 @ 00:27
6.3

hahahah, what a terrible substitute

Show more replies

Loving this month! I’ve held of buying nioh because I thought it would if been in ps+ months ago.

Nioh is great, but I bought it and the DLC for a pretty low price quite a while ago. If this is just the base game, it’s a bit silly.

Thank you for Outlast 2, I might even try Nioh, not bad at all!

Great this two games great month but and new games for PlayStation now next month ? And way happy halloween everyone.

Awesome games (i own both of them). Now give us REAL discount on your sales….

Pretty good this month and Outlast 2 is nice since the first game was one of the earlier PS Plus games on PS4 in early 2014. We still got screwed last month with that MLB game nobody wanted and you ignored us.

12.1

I wanted MLB, great game :)

MiseryPrincess 30 October, 2019 @ 23:25
12.2

So other than the guy who loves every game and game company ever, no one.

You can’t possibly think a repetitive sports title is a “great game”, unless your standards are ridiculously low..

Nioh is an amazing game. Had it with the season pass when it was discounted, was worth it then, is worth it even more now. Must play for those who haven’t yet.

Both are solid games, but once again I already own them. I’ve just been having worse luck than usual with the ps plus games lately. I literally bought Detroit Become Human a week before they replaced the soccer game with it. I don’t know, since sony stopped putting out 2 indie games on top of the main titles I feel like I’ve been getting barely anything out of this subscription. Maybe throw in PSVR title in from time to time?

Onlyrealmatze 31 October, 2019 @ 06:57
14.1

Problem is, the PSVR Library is even smaller so it‘s even more likely that you already own it.

14.2

I think that PS+ is only useful for new players who don’t have much in their library. The old ones barely get anything and doesn’t look like it’s gonna change soon.

Nice!

Another great month. Hats off! Never got around to Outlast 2 after the first was one of the earliest PS4 titles. Nioh not really my thing but I’ll give it a go.

2 games for people who like demons! pls give us games for true believers!

17.1

Well, technically you’re killing and fighting off the demons, so that would make them games for people who don’t like demons

That’s what you call a GREAT month!

Cool, been meaning to get round to Nioh for years.

I already own outlast 1 & 2 plus the download able content for it.

Nioh is nice dark souls rip-off, bit grindy but i liked the japan civil war 17th century setting. And i try outlast 2 i heard it’s hard platinum, so some challenge. Not bad lineup.

Not really a rip off of Dark Souls. There are enough differences to say it’s far from a rip off. It may contain some elements and genre specific guidelines but that’s not a rip off.

21.2

Alrighty then i will not be so rough, heavily inspired then ? , don’t take me wrong i liked that game.

And an other 2 trash games for this month thanks Sony

Again, nothing for PSVR.

Got Nioh day 1 with season pass and I dont regret it, great game to add to the plus collection, outlast 2 I will give a go (or I’ll say that and never get round to it like I did 1 haha) but all in great month for ps plus subscribers 👍👍

Nioh looks good. Only reason I never got it is the pile of shame. Outlast 2 not for me. For movies and games alike, when someone says “suspense” i hear “boring”. The first outlast bored me and my minuscule attention span.

riada_genioso 31 October, 2019 @ 18:02

I hope they add some nice games for psn now, november update. Already played both nioh and outlast2 ;(.

LEFT__4__DEAD__2 01 November, 2019 @ 12:54

Im excited to try Nioh & Outlast 2, i had Outlast since a different PS Plus, also im playing Nioh 2 Beta and One Punch Man A Hero Nobody Knows Beta, very amazing so far, I will play Nioh!

We got screwed every month since the removal of the PS3 and Vita games without any extra PS4 games being added as replacements.

Spain and Portugal get a extra game called strikers edge, local multiplayer is the only reason to play everyone should try. I hoped for some dead star/bomberman/need for speed look alike game, just pure nostalgia for psn now any online game like pvz 2 or overwatch its going f2p anyway soon( few months). Sry bad english ;)

Lukas50Shadows 06 November, 2019 @ 11:29

i really dont like how they substitute outlast 2 for goat simulator for those who live in the middle east

the games are nothing alike

goat simulator is a boring wacky game with no meaning compared to the horror of outlast

i feel cheated