Posted

Look back at your gaming year on PS4 with the PlayStation 2019 Wrap-Up

Get a dynamic theme and avatars to help you celebrate your gaming achievements

2020 is shaping up to be a great year in gaming, with a new console generation and plenty of new games to look forward to. But first, we wanted to give our fans a look at their PlayStation year-end wrap up from 2019. It’s a fun way to reflect on your fondest gaming memories of the past year.

From today until 14th February, the PlayStation 2019 Wrap-Up will provide a look back at your* gaming year on PlayStation 4, with stats such as the number of games played, top genres, earned trophies and more.

Take a look at some stat examples below!

GameTitle on PS4

GameTitle on PS4

GameTitle on PS4

To make it extra special, we’re giving all eligible PlayStation fans a free dynamic Theme and seven avatars to celebrate their gaming achievements in 2019, and reflect their gameplay persona:

• Action Hero – for the gamer who lives for the epic moments in action-adventure games
  • Legendary Warrior – for the gamer who steps up to the challenge in fighting games
  • Master Explorer – for the gamer who has continually aced that platformer game
  • Master Strategist – for the gamer who loves solving puzzles in a good strategy game
  • Speed Demon – for the gamer who leaves their fellow drivers in the dust in a fast-paced driving/racing game
  • Sports Phenom – for the gamer with a competitive edge and a love for sports games
  • Marksman – for the gamer who hits their mark in a shooter game

So which avatar are you? Look out for an email** with the results, or go to our website to find out. You can also easily share your achievements with your fellow gamers on social media with the share feature that’s integrated on the website.

Enjoy!

184 Comments
0 Author replies
TightBodzilla 14 January, 2020 @ 13:14

Doesn’t work for me in the UK, is this a US-only thing? Shame if so.

1.1

I doubt it. I’m on the EU region and it works for me. You have to allow anonymous usage and data collection. I guess yours is turned off.

Excerpt from post above:

*Users need to have a registered PSN account in their region, be age 18 years or over, have played games on a PS4 console for at least 10 hours between January 1, 2019 and December 10, 2019, and have allowed us to collect “additional data.” Users can check their settings on PS4 at [Settings] > [Device Data/Health & Safety] > [Device Data].** Users need to have opted in to receive marketing emails via the Notifications Settings on their PSN account.14JAN ‘20Most read postsThe best PlayStation trailers of 2019PlayStation Blog Game of the Decade: The WinnersUncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection and Goat Simulator are your PS Plus games for JanuaryMore games join PlayStation Store’s January Sale promotion from todayThese were the most downloaded games on PlayStation Store in 2019PlayStation 2019 Wrap-Up

Show full comment

Excerpt from post above:

Kelbidrome404 14 January, 2020 @ 13:21
1.2

I’m in the UK and it worked fine for me, saw a lot of people on twitter saying the same as you though. It’s strange

TightBodzilla 14 January, 2020 @ 13:33
1.3

Just checked my device/collections menu and the first option was selected, so I guess I needed the second option that allows more details to be gathered. Bit strange though as I remember in either 2017 or 2018 Playstation ran a thing just like this allowing you to see your gameplay through the year, and that worked for me, and I haven’t edited the data collection options since then.

Show more replies
Kelbidrome404 14 January, 2020 @ 13:17

This was really cool to see! I hope this happens next year too

Really wont let me get the rewards though, first it said I hadn’t completed the wrap up now it just wont load anything in the little panel thing at all

2.1

I hope next year it works for god sake and for real why it blocked for some countrys

I assume additional data needed to be turned on throughout 2019 for this to work?

3.1

An assumption based on what was stated in the topic you mean?

IMMortal-dark368 15 January, 2020 @ 12:21
3.2

it depends on earning trophys and staying online thats how i got mine

Not working for me either, site just refreshes and logs me out :( had the data options on for years too

Getting a “prize” doesn’t work, the sidebar with golden “Experience PlayStation!” shows, but it remains black and in console.log of browser I can see “user not logged in”, while for sure I’m logged in on blog/playstation.com/playstation store/my.playstation.com. Also checked in incognito mode on two different browsers.

We want PS Vita sales!!!

Why USA have many games with discounts and here in Europe the price remains the same.

Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DANA

Spirit Hunter: NG

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon

Tokyo Xanadu

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight

Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight

etc.

All in sales in USA.

Please “Sony EU” i know that Vita is not important for you anymore but you still have some people that love the console. One of the best handhelds. Give us some discounts like US people have.

Thanks

6.1

Come on Sony and give us a Vita sale in Europe. We don’t get free Vita or PS3 games with plus anymore, which is my main reason for leaving the service, and we don’t even get them in the sales anymore. This is completely ridiculous.

Finka_Karfein 15 January, 2020 @ 12:37
6.2

Actually, the discounts for PS3 and Vita HAVE RETURNED.

Unfortunately, Sony seems to fear earning money out of those platforms – those discounts won’t show up neither on the January Sale nor the Price Drops page while the latter should show ALL discounts.You have to MANUALLY look up any games on older platforms you’re interested in and/or be lucky to have them on your wishlist.

Examples:

God of War Collections on PS3

Suikoden 1-4 for PSP/Vita/PS3

Rockstar PS2 classics on PS3

Hatsune Miku:Project DIVA F (and many SEGA games by the way) on PS3 (the sequel isn’t discounted)

Everybody’s Golf: World Tour Complete Edition on PS3

all Square Enix titles I think for any platform

Killzone HD

Bomberman Ultra…

Of course, still many games that aren’t cross-buy featured with PS4 aren’t discounted on PS3 and/or Vita but it’s something. We can finally hope again for nice sales for legacy platforms.

Show full comment

Actually, the discounts for PS3 and Vita HAVE RETURNED.

Examples:

God of War Collections on PS3

Suikoden 1-4 for PSP/Vita/PS3

Rockstar PS2 classics on PS3

Everybody’s Golf: World Tour Complete Edition on PS3

all Square Enix titles I think for any platform

Killzone HD

Bomberman Ultra…

Looks like it’s for some regions it’s not worked for me either i am pretty sure my additional data collection are on but no luck

7.1

3n9rea lvl thany

clicked on redeem your prize black box opens at side but nothing showing in it .. now its telling me to log into psn account even tho i am logged in …many hours later it worked thx ..

8.1

Yep, same issue.

8.2

Same

8.3

I dont have a prize box at all.

Show more replies

So it won’t work for me if I didn’t collect additional data through 2019? I’ve just noticed it and feel very upset. :(

Miss_Valkyria 14 January, 2020 @ 14:00

I hope this kind of information is freely available all the time for us to view on ps5. Such a simple concept but interesting non the less. Also no rewards are showing in the prizes section..

Ahhh now it does work but the actual rewards section isn’t working! Can’t you just email these codes out once we’ve done the info?

Why not make that data as part of PS4 UI? Why we should wait for a whole year to get stats like those?

Doesn’t work in Australia WOW.

13.1

I have data collection on I know I have played the hours need before December 10 and still can’t claim the prize as well

reverandjames 14 January, 2020 @ 14:17

My stats are wrong as they were last year.

justinb113113 18 January, 2020 @ 01:00
14.1

Yes, for some reason it didn’t pick up hitman 2 which clearly is my most played game. Shame was interested to see how many hours I played.

Works for me in the UK but it says I only played 9 games lmao. I play more than that in a month! I tried to redeem my prizes but when I got there the cupboard was bare.

Any Saudi Arabian PSN users, getting this to work? I have laid myself bare in front of Sony with all the settings.

I remember 2018’s video option was also made available quite late for Saudi Arabian PSN users.

The most hateful thing about PlayStation Saudi Arabia is that you don’t have an option to choose language, like for goodness’s sake, I don’t speak Arabic at all, just let me choose the English language.

MiseryPrincess 17 January, 2020 @ 15:38
16.1

Unfortunately, no region gets to choose their language.

Countries with multiple official languages get split into completely separate locations for each (Switzerland is split into Switzerland – German, Switzerland – French and Switzerland – Italian). It’s weird.

MouzinhoPortugal 14 January, 2020 @ 14:33

Doesn’t work for me in the porugal why ??????

Nice feature, but my stats make no sense AT ALL.

It seems it did track my stats since the start of the year, but my top 3 are games I hardly played with Ys VIII being #1 with 15 hours playtime. I played at least 10 games for far longer, like Death Stranding and The Last Remant for 100+ hours, nowhere to be seen.

Then it says my most online played game is Fallout 76 for 36 hours, yet this is not even in my top 3 but Ys VIII with 15 hours is.

And then it tells me I played online for 0 hours even though it says I played Fallout 76 for 36 hours?

Very disappointing. And the rewards section does not work either.

justinb113113 18 January, 2020 @ 01:02
18.1

I had exactly the same experience just with different games.

Does not work for me.

What exactly does “Users need to have a registered PSN account in their region” mean?

Due to relocation I have a UK account / store, but now live in Germany — does it not work because of this? Why should there be such a restriction?

I can’t redeem my prize! D:

Typical lazy blog staff, copy and pasting from different regions knowing full well that link doesn’t apply here.

It said that I redeemed it but I can’t find the avatar, where should I look?

lol,for some reasons this site tracks only my PS3 games))

played only 7 games,52 hours and earned 2000 trophies))

24.1

I’m guessing that you may have turned off additional data collection on your PS4.

I was able to see my statistics and all, but I’m not able to receive any of the prizes. I hope this gets resolved soon.

25.1

أخوي لو لقيت الحل لوسمحت فيدني وياك أنه كل الأمور معاي أوك بس مب راضي يصير ومو مافهم ليش مانعينه حق بعض الدول

Finally managed to get the reward code in the UK :)

26.1

Congrats – how did you manage it? Does it show up in the panel for rewards after a certain amount of time / attempts or do they email it to you?

HOW

Srsly, please share the knowledge with us.

I have some stats showing, but I’ve had ”additional data” turned off during 2019. Does that mean I can’t get theme and avatars? I just get a grey box or it says I need to login when I try to redeem prices.

I was getting the same thing using firefox, opened a new private window, logged in and it showed my rewards in the right-hand panel

Cheers for the fix. Worked perfectly in a private window.

Yep, doesn’t work, presumably because I didn’t allow Sony to spy… sorry, to collect additional data. Not gonna change it now.

DoTheBartMan91 14 January, 2020 @ 15:55

How do I do it?

Doesn’t work – but hey, the comments are working again. Yay!

30.1

I had to put a support ticket in to Sony on Friday to get the blog back up. They had no idea that there were any problems with logins despite almost no-one commenting for the last 5-6 weeks

Thank me later!

30.2

sorry but i beat you haha, put ticket in last tuesday , and they told me same thing ,unaware of any issues logging in, i explained that the ps plus reveal blog only had 4 replies so obviously something was wrong hahah, been unable to log in for four weeks and thought it would pass but got fed up of it so put ticket in and used twitter too :) :)

Why exclude Switzerland?

Sarah_Stardew 14 January, 2020 @ 15:59

I was excited for this. Then I found out that I can’t apparently get the results because I didn’t allow Sony to collect absolutely unnecessary data on me. Shame.

I too have no ability to redeem my prizes… Much confusion.

In general, it’d be nice to be able to see logged game time more transparently for users as is, and it’s clearly being tracked by Sony anyway.

Now it seems to work but nothing happens when I click the box (blue icon with white globe). Do I need a special browser or java-plugin to redeem?

I play games on PlayStation so I don’t have to put up with this super technical computer stuff.

Does the hours I’ve spent trying to redeem this today count towards next years Hours played online?

Little-Inphyy 14 January, 2020 @ 16:32

Why can’t I redeem the prizes? It just shows a blank screen when I click redeem….

Doesn’t work

It works perfectly for me, I saw my terrifying stats :D Also I cannot receive the rewards. Am I the only one?

I think it’s a highly unfair to everyone who won’t qualify. For myself, after hundreds of pounds spent on gaming and hundred of hours spent playing, to be told that the additional data wasn’t selected, so you won’t get any rewards.

Very disappointed in you Sony.

38.1

Thanks for fixing the comments!

justinb113113 18 January, 2020 @ 01:04
38.2

But if you won’t let them save data on you, how do you expect them to give that data back to you?

So after not being able to post a comment about the terrible choice of plus games as I got the message ‘access denied’, they were rubbish.

I actually end up on the rewards screen and have to complete a task.

Clicking the Task labeled: Check out your personalized 2019 Wrap-Up doesn’t do anything..

Strange though, as I had to check my personalized 2019 Wrap-Up stats before clicking redeem reward.

Good loop..

40.1

It does thw same for me even tho i saw my report it wont let me clam the theme and avatar

40.2

Now, magically, the button to redeem is gone.. lol

No email received.

This still doesn’t make up for the lack of an anniversary theme this year, but it’s good!

Carnivius_Prime 14 January, 2020 @ 18:46

I got Speed Demon (and now i have the song in my head :P ) cos i mostly played Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled more than anything else :P

So how come all of a sudden you need additional data allowed??? When last years you didn’t, can there not be another one for people that haven’t had additional data on, just with less statistics or something?!?! Been looking forward to this and end up disappointed!

I’m in the UK and I have everything switched on but I’m getting the “only in select locations” message, anyone heard any feedback on this yet? Thanks

This is a huge letdown, I didn’t know this option ‘additional data’ existed until today and now I won’t get to see my wrap-up for this year. I didn’t even need to do this last year and it worked just fine. And you can’t do this in some regions? What? This is very disappointing on your part Playstation, not cool.

So after all this messing about I finally got it to get to the rewards screen and it now says I’m not eligible? Is the UK not allowed the rewards even though I could see all my info?

bouncycaptain229 14 January, 2020 @ 19:42

It doesn’t work!!!!!!!

emre-demirzane91 14 January, 2020 @ 19:46

Weddf

Totally inaccurate and counting PS3 games as well apparently. My most played game is Minecraft (on PS3) with around 60 hours. I’ve apparently played 0 hours online, but I’ve played 101 hours on Overwatch, which is more than both of the other figures?! Nonsense I’m afraid. Maybe it’ll eventually come up with accurate data…

How do you see it?

Load all

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history