Posted

Shadow of the Colossus and Sonic Forces are your PS Plus games for March

Topple giants or run rings around your opponents with next month’s gaming line-up

With March’s pair of PS Plus games, you’ll embark on a dangerous quest to cleanse a land of its giant-sized inhabitants, and help not one but two versions of a platforming legend save the world.

Let’s take a look:

Shadow of the Colossus

Tales speak of an ancient realm where Colossi roam the majestic landscape. Bound to the land, these creatures hold a key to a mystical power of revival – a power you must obtain to bring a loved one back to life. Shadow of the Colossus is a breathtaking journey through ancient lands to seek out gigantic beasts. Armed with only a sword and a bow, explore the spacious lands and unearth each Colossus, presenting a unique challenge to test your wits, determination, and skill.

Sonic Forces

In Sonic Forces, the evil Dr. Eggman has conquered much of the world with help from a powerful and mysterious new villain named Infinite. Now, you must assist Sonic and build an army to reclaim the world as they fight against chaos and destruction. Defeat enemies with blazing speed as Modern Sonic, catapult past perilous platforms as Classic Sonic, and create your very own Custom Hero Character equipped with a variety of powerful gadgets.

Both titles will be available to download from Tuesday, 3rd March until Monday, 6th April.

February’s PS Plus games

As a reminder, you’ve still got time to download this month’s PS Plus games. Bioshock: The Collection houses three fantastic first-person adventures, The Sims 4 lets you unleash your imagination to craft the perfect virtual life, while PS VR shooter Firewall Zero Hour challenges you to survive intense multiplayer matches. All three titles are available to download until Monday, 2nd March.

Not yet a PS Plus member? Find out more here.

Predator: Hunting Grounds trial

PS Plus owners will be able to try out intense asymmetrical multiplayer experience Predator Hunting Grounds this month with a weekend trial starting Friday, 27th March*!

Squad-up with friends as part of a Fireteam and take on dangerous missions before the Predator finds you – or become the Predator and hunt your prey. Wield human and alien weaponry in this intense asymmetrical multiplayer experience – unlocking iconic gear and skins as you level up. You can even team up with friends on PC with full cross-play support through the Predator: Hunting Grounds trial.

*Trial Weekend starts from 5pm PST / 4pm GMT / 5pm CET / 3pm JST on Friday 27th March and ends 11.59pm PST / GMT / CET / JST on Sunday 29th March. PS Plus subscription required to play.

66 Comments
0 Author replies

Shadow of the colossus. Yay.

THE-PLASTICA-MAN 26 February, 2020 @ 23:29
1.1

This is great.

I really hoped they would offer a way to get the pre-order Life Sword like how Studio Santa Monica offered all pre-order bonuses via the Christmas timed Free DLC, because there is no way to get this sword anymore and even the pre-order codes got expired and don’t work anymore. Even a paid DLC like Wanda DLC Pack would be fine. Thanks.

sfdtgfdc

Games like Sotc are why I paid for ps+, thanks Sony.

ugh. ok. Well I didn’t like Shadow of the Colossus on my PS2 and I didn’t enjoy it when you gave it away on Plus for PS3 (with Ico) but I’m sure others will like it. I found it quite drab, frustrating and tedious.

And Sonic Forces… not for me either. Ah well. Rest of you enjoy. I got plenty to get on with. Dreams is awesome by the way. :D

(I will be trialing that Predator game when it’s available) :D

I’m actually looking forward to struggling through that archaic game. Maybe. Girlfriend might like Sonic Forces, but all Sonic games are bad right?

Meh… I guess I’ll give Sonic Forces a whirl.

Awful imo. Shadow of the Colossus another game we already had on PS3 Plus, and its a very boring game. And no interest in Sonic

stefmeister2008 26 February, 2020 @ 16:50
5.1

The version on PS4 is a full remake with a number of gameplay improvements over the original while the one on PS3 version was essentially an up-scaled remaster of the PS2 game.

I’d also disagree that it’s boring, Was a great game on PS2 & the improvements made on the PS4 remake made it better.

Came here to say why SotC AGAIN? Disagree that it’s boring though.

Nevertheless I’m upset that Sony is giving games repeatedly like in case of super boring BioShock.

The drawback on a console not backwards compatible. You need to purchase same games twice.

Sure, there is tons of cross-buy games on PS, but nearly none for retail games. Sony need to teach a lesson from MS there as MS have cross-buy on all first party games, but also many third parties have cross-buy like even Resident Evil 7 is cross-buy.

ihadalifeb4this 26 February, 2020 @ 16:55

I said would you kindly… never mind i give up.

Man I can’t wait for PS5 to we start getting some smaller indie stuff again, I already own all these AAA games.

Due to the same architecture (X86) being on PS4 and PS5 the IGC lineup will likely remain the same until a few decent titles hit PS5. I’d like to see a few games for PS5 as well as PS4 but, knowing Sony, this won’t be the case for a while after it launches.

MiseryPrincess 27 February, 2020 @ 04:07
7.2

I suppose at launch PS+ did include the best PS4 launch title (Resogun)…

I hope the PS5’s launch period isn’t as barren as the PS4s..

I am glad they don’t do the minis (indie crap) anymore that made it feel like you weren’t getting your money’s worth.

go sit in the corner for suggesting sony rip us off with crappy 2 dollar games again.🖕🏻

Wasn’t a fan of sotc, but I’ll download it and give it another go. Can’t complain really, not a bad line up

Yeah I am looking forward to play shadow of the Colossus

Loved SotC on PS2 back in the day, but when I replayed it on PS4 it felt a bit outdated. I think it was mostly the controls and camera. Anyhoo, another old game remastered that’s been on sale for 15€ numerous times.

Sonic Forces is supposed to be mediocre, but I’ll give it a try. I liked Sonic Colors on Wii and even if I only end up playing for 5 minutes, that’s more than I got out of PS Plus for the last 3 months combined.. or was it 6? Heck, might have been a year since I actually played a PS Plus game.

10.1

Have you ever written something positive? :)

10.2

Yes, sometimes. I know I come across as overly negative, but I’m just voicing my dissent.

Already own SotC. It’s absolutely incredible, and it’s a game that a lot of PS owners won’t have already, unlike something like TLoU. Really good choice for a PS+ game. I’d love to see more stuff like this – really incredible games that only a smaller niche of the overall PS player base have played.

And I’m actually really interested in trying out Sonic Forces, and this is great timing with the movie’s release and all. Not a bad choice at all.

Really good month IMO, honestly, even if I already own one of the games

Never played SOTC in the past so this is fine for me.

ste_the_legend 26 February, 2020 @ 17:33

The first month in about a year when I haven’t already owned at least one of the Plus titles so I’m pretty happy with this.

Shadow Of The Colossus is one of the best games ever made, but I already own it. Sonic Forces? Hahaha. I can’t say I’m missing PS+!!

14.1

You can’t be missing it because you still have it…

No I don’t.

14.3

Your avatar has the yellow plus symbol which suggests you still have PS+

Show more replies

Great line up I will play this games but off topic where’s the PS5 reveal since MS is head of you

15.1

Oh yeah, Microsoft is ahead with that insane milestone of selling 37 million Xbone consoles, by the end of this year lol. Do you get it yet? Next gen starts, when Sony says so.

Sony is waiting for the price of next xbox to see if they can get a lower price range for ps5 or match price as you don’t want to release a £650 system and xbox goes £600

PS5 might be delayed til next year because supply and production chains will be impacted by Corona. Everything will be limited and expensive. So they’ll either have to take a big loss on every unit (bigger than expected that is), set the retail price accordingly and hope people are willing to pay the price, or delay til next year. I know what I would do. (actually I don’t, hire me Sony!!!!)

Having bought, played and completed SotC on both PS2 and PS3 I had persuaded myself that it’s not worth buying the remake. I’ll definitely be playing it again now though.

I’ll try Sonic but I suspect it won’t interest me for long.

warensembler83 26 February, 2020 @ 18:53

SotC was discounted to like 12€ one year ago, but I guess it’s a great game for people that have never played it yet… I REALLY preferred the more indie focus at the start of the generation over old/nowadays very cheap AAA games. I was defending PS+ back in the day but I wish we had the chance to get the online play as a separate service from the “free” games.

It’s funny isn’t it! Years ago people were moaning about all of the indie titles and the lack of AAA games on Plus and now we’re getting those AAA games, people are still complaining because they’re not the games they want or they already have them. The powers that be can’t win either way.

I agree that the IGC and online play should be separated. Personally I’d stick with IGC and not bother with online. IGC is like a lottery, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I quite like that fact.

I’ve gotten some real gems over the years that I probably would never have paid to play. Got some stinkers too!

I’ve been considering getting SotC for a while so I like this update :)

Might as well throw in a booo already own them all (even though I know it’s what they set a deal for and have zero idea/ interest in what games people own)

No thanks. I’d sooner pay to never see mention of the likes of SotC or Ico.

20.1

The american logic, why trump got elected is not surprising with the way you guys think

20.2

@Maaden_Swe I’m guessing they’re a millennial who never owned a PS2, possibly a PS3 as well.

I’m very happy about this month! A classic I’ve missed, and another sonic game (my guilty pleasure).

Whilst I really like Shadow of the Colossus, having a remastered version of something already remastered (PS2>PS3>PS4) really isn’t ideal. Every other month is a remastered something or other now. Bioshock, Uncharted, Borderlands, give us something quality from this generation please Sony.

nukualofaperson 27 February, 2020 @ 01:53
22.1

It’s not a remaster. It’s a remake.

22.2

While yes, it’s not a “remaster”, I do agree that we’ve gotten waaay too many ports of PS3 titles on PS+, basically every single month. However, that’s kind of been how the whole generation is in general. Half the games generally seem to be “ports”/”remasters” and “remakes” still, even this late in the generation (though somehow the PS2 on PS4 thing ended very quickly).

But you should call them “ports” not “remasters”. A “remaster” is just marketing speak to pretend they did more work and things not done in basically every port ever (with an associated price rise).

@nukualofaperson

#PointMissed

I know it’s a remake from the ground up as I already own it. Go and practice your pedantry elsewhere please.

Show more replies

Plz playstation plus company kindly gives us advance and better games.

64€/year and i reckon this goes up close to 100 within 3-4 years. Just remove mandatory fee for online play. You don’t even own servers. Keep your “free” games and online storage.

MiseryPrincess 27 February, 2020 @ 06:51
24.1

Can see it happening with the PS5 “hey now we’re giving you 4 whole games, we’re doubling the fees!!!”. Just like they cut the fee by 2/3rds when they cut 2/3rds of the content and didn’t increase the price just before or anything.

Still think they should make PS+ only cover playing online in all the many Sony games with online, you know, like, that one (it’s strange how with all the Plus money for “online” they’ve shutdown the online mode in several titles).

That is actually pretty ironic, indeed! Very good point. And i seriously wish that microsoft will be better at upcoming generation of consoles, looks like sony getting fat and lazy.

MiseryPrincess 27 February, 2020 @ 12:02
24.3

Sony have been “fat and lazy” since just before the PS4 launch (strangely it’s when they moved to the US, i’m sure that’s unrelated)

They decided that Microsoft is their role model and copied them in every aspect as much as possible. So we’ve gotten online fees, the closure of lots of European/Asian developers, and the almost exclusively US studios churning out franchises and/or commercially safe (aka boring) games with commercially safe (aka boring) characters/story/gameplay made for the US market.

Not sure why you’d pick the constant last place entrant as your role model, and favor a not so big market over a much bigger one. Sony often do weird things though..

I know the older Shadow of Colossus were a tedious game, but i will give it a chance now as several things is improved in the remake.

I already have Sonic Forces on PC, but i’m still fine with it as a second game.

Great lineup! Here’s hoping ps now holds up also

No idea if sonic dlc was free before but it is now so if you want it go get it incase it is a mistake

ImagineBetter_ 29 February, 2020 @ 20:12

Free Games That I’m Not Going To Play. Yay.

28.1

Cheer up buddy, they are giving you free games friend, it’s not all bad guy

MISSxVICIOUS510 01 March, 2020 @ 09:06

Gay

PS_TrophyHunter 01 March, 2020 @ 09:28

Just gotta chime in and say to the people that keep complaining about PS Plus game lineups are entitled to the enth degree. Considering that Shadow of the Collosus us one of the best remakes to ever grace a console and they are giving it away to people who decide to pay to play online is absurd. I will agree that Sonic Forces is kinda meh but hey you can’t win them all.

RedKnight1020 01 March, 2020 @ 18:58

Wow thanks for the 30 minute long SINGLE PLAYER sonic game, I totally bought ps plus so I could play alone better. (That was sarcasm please give us more multiplayer games please)

31.1

You know it’s top quality sarcasm when you have to explain you were being sarcastic 😂

I’m a happy plus subscriber, been loving going through bioshock infinite again after doing burial at sea and now I get to play sonic forces with my son who loves it

fdffdff

Shadow Of The Colossus est un super jeu !

Mais la gestion des sauvegardes ne fonctionnent pas bien. Les trophées du Time Attack, les objets obtenus en mode normal+ disparaissent si on crée une nouvelle partie en Difficile+ pour obtenir les autres objets.

Vraiment, c’est dommage. Avez-vous une solution à ce problème ???

Sony, pouvez-vous proposer une mise à jour enfin d’y remédier ?

We close the comments for posts after 30 days.

Edit history