Posted

Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Control, Wolfenstein II and more join PS Now in March

Action heroes Lara Croft, Jesse Faden and William "B.J." Blazkowicz all join the PS4 service from today

Hello, PlayStation Now fans! We’re excited to announce a new batch of PlayStation 4 games joining the PlayStation Now library in March. Starting 3rd March, PS Now subscribers can enjoy 11 new games, including Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Control, and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus, which are available to stream and download. These games will join the PlayStation Now library of more than 700 PS4, PS3, and PS2 games in all.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Experience Lara croft’s defining moment as she becomes the Tomb Raider. In Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Lara must master a deadly jungle, overcome terrifying tombs, and persevere through her darkest hour. As she races to save the world from a Maya Apocalypse, Lara will ultimately be forged into the Tomb Raider she is destined to be.

• Available to download (PS4 system only) and stream through Monday, 31st August

Control

After a secretive agency in New York is invaded by an otherworldly threat, you become the new Director struggling to regain Control. From developer Remedy Entertainment, Control is a supernatural 3rd person action-adventure will challenge you to master the combination of supernatural abilities, modifiable loadouts and reactive environments while fighting through a deep and unpredictable world.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus sends players to Nazi-controlled America on a mission to recruit the boldest resistance leaders left. Battle in iconic American locations, equip an arsenal of badass guns, and unleash new abilities to fight your way through legions of enemy soldiers, and spark the second American Revolution.

• Available to download (PS4 system only) and stream

Here is a full list of games joining the PlayStation Now library in March:

• Control (available until Monday, 31st August)
  • Dead or Alive 5 Last Round
  • Nascar Heat 3
  • Nights of Azure
  • Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New Moon
  • Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider (available until 31st August, 2020)
  • Toukiden 2
  • Toukiden Kiwami
  • Warriors All-Stars
  • Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds

Enjoying PUBG on PS Now? Well, good news: the genre-defining battle royale experience is getting an extended stay on PS Now, meaning users can continue to download and stream PUBG on PS Now. Haven’t played it yet? Find out more here

Don’t forget to check out January’s games including Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, which are available until 7th April, 2020.

If you haven’t tried PlayStation Now yet, now’s the perfect time to give it a spin with the seven-day free trial* for PS4 and PC. Download the more than 300 PS4 (and PS2) games in the service to play on your PS4 or PS4 Pro system, or stream any of the 700+ PS2, PS3, and PS4 games to your PS4 or PC.

Stay tuned for more updates on PS Now. Happy gaming!

*Terms apply. New Subscribers only. Credit card or PayPal required. See here for details.

**Ongoing subscription with a £8.99 recurring fee charged every month until canceled.  Other terms apply. See here for details.

***Ongoing subscription with a £49.99 recurring fee charged every 12 months until canceled. Other terms apply. See here for details.

What did you think about this story?
51 Comments
0 Author replies
jammy-freeman0 03 March, 2020 @ 16:09

Ok just noticed that a few of the evergreen titles as they put it are going in this month as about 7 of them that are installed on my system say valid for 13 days… So I guess they don’t stay in the ps now collection for ever

Edit: been told that dates were there before and its a thing where you need to go online once every 14days to renew license but I don’t remember seeing it before so I don’t know any more

counterUAVbaby 03 March, 2020 @ 16:12

You guys need to expand the service to the rest of the European countries and Australia and New Zealand!

What a load of…. Oh wait it’s actually good. Really surprised how good this month is, looks like you listed to the complaints.

3.1

I disagree. They’re still doing the time limited marquis titles, which have ruined the service. With these titles, you’re forced to plow through these games in order to get your money’s worth, which just isn’t realistic for most people. 6 months is definitely an improvement, but with these games adding on top of each other each month, most people will have a hard time finishing all of them at a comfortable pace.

3.2

6 months is plenty of time.

nukualofaperson 03 March, 2020 @ 16:53
3.3

@flipkick661

Are you complaining about too many good games? You wouldn’t manage to get through all of the games even without time limits.

Show more replies

wow,this is heavy. perfect balance between new and old games.

So PS Now has stopped adding PS3 games? There hasn’t been a single PS3 game added in the past 7 months.

5.1

Who really wants to play streamed games in rubbish 720p? Maybe if they upped the resolution it would be worth it. At the moment, it’s not.

5.2

99% of PS3 games are 720p. The picture quality isn’t the problem, the problem i have is lag.

5.3

99% of PS3 games were not 720p, stop talking such nonsense. Regardless, streaming the PS3 games on my 4k TV with a 150MB Internet connection looks dreadful. They need to sort it. Pixelation, artifacts, looks terrible. I only bother with the download games.

Show more replies
dragonmode03 03 March, 2020 @ 16:42

Great month but would be great if you launch service in others Europe regions like Poland.

6.1

Not gonna lie, I’d be bummed if it weren’t in the UK. But it’s still relatively a new service, so give it time 😉

Actually blown away this month, great selection!

Now some lingering quality of life issues:

You haven’t even updated your own website game list in about 6 months.

The list that shows all games still has GoW, GTA and Infamous still listed. None of the newer games are on that list.

Also, the PS Now PC app is buggy, has no search feature, and doesnt even tell you how many days are left for any particular game.

Other than that I feel my money is well spent!

7.1

Well it does say what date they are available until, and that is for US. This is EU.

7.2

You’re right, except The EU Site doesnt even show a full game list:

When you click on the “See all the games” link at the bottom it gives you a 404 error.

How do they expect to get new clients when people cant even see an up-to-date list of the games available?

Seems very lazy to not update the list for 6 months.

Not everyone on PS Now has a PS4, and PC subscribers are getting the short end of the stick, cant even know in the PC PS Now app when a game is leaving, or search for a game.

Deleted

I’m really pleased with this months games. It’s about time we got more than 3! Looking forward to Control for sure.

The best publisher you could go for is koei tecmo as their games rarely go on sale and they’re great games and you included 7 of their ps4 games!. Kudos Sony

Its now 7 years since the PS4 reveal on 20th Feb 2013. Any word on when you are going to make it that we have access to “all the past, present and future PlayStation games” on the service? Because until then……………… I’m still never ever going to touch it.

Why is it that you can only ever add a few games a month??? Why can you not just add 1000 PS3 games to the service at the drop of a hat? ITS IN THE CLOUD, RUNNING OFF CLUSTERS OF PS3 CONSOLES. The games do not have to be individually programmed or modified. So what is the point if you still can’t even get a lot of games on it quickly??? We are at the mercy of whatever random games you decide to add to it.

Show full comment

It seems like you would have been faster or better off making a working PS3 emulator for PS4, especially at this late stage in the gen because what you went with instead just wasn’t worth it. And I’m not saying I want PS3 emulation, especially in 2020 lol. But if you can’t give us all of the PS3 library of games, in the cloud at this stage, or didn’t bother with an emulator……….. please just drop it already. Time to move on.

And it seems like we have been around “over 700 PS2, PS3 and PS4 games” for a year now lol.

I wouldn’t post without proof https://youtu.be/RiNGZMx2vhY?t=2379

12.1

You know they can’t just add games like that, they are paying each publisher to put their games to the service, and then it’s for 1 year or 2. That’s why some games are leaving because their license is over and people are not playing them, and that’s why PUBG is still there and they even removed the termination date because people are playing it a lot on psnow (that’s also the case for MGS4 and RDR1)

12.2

Then just stop, even more. It costs Sony money to add a game like………….. err…………. The Club from early 2008 to PS Now???? Then please stop hemorrhaging money and just stop with this pointless part of the service. Just focus on the current gen games if they have to but they are NEVER going to achieve the original plan/promise of the service.

Not a single PS1 format game can be played on PS4 to date……streaming or natively, in any shape of form like the way every single other PlayStation console could, even the 2 portable ones.

12.3

Maybe if 40 million people were subscribed to psnow we would get the greatest new releases like ps+ is right now (in install user base), but as it stands psnow user install base is very low compared to ps+ so they can’t just waste money on the latest releases.

Show more replies

Omg control is still pretty new!!! This has to be the best month since joining a year ago! Bravo! I’m a ps now believer again!

feel-my-wraith1 03 March, 2020 @ 21:55

Superb – well done with the selection. Already downloaded control.

So, last night (4/3/20) at about 8pm AEST, on the PlayStation app (Mobile and specifically iOS) a PS Now tile appeared. When you clicked it, it “wasn’t available” but I am beginning to wonder how far it is away. I suspect not far…….

I checked the PS Store on the console and couldn’t see it in “What’s Hot” section. Searching for it revealed no answers either.

Not available over here in Finland either. I should’ve checked before I renewed my sub..

Although… I see that they’ve added Persona 5 to the list after my previous sub. That’ll keep me busy for a while.

I can’t download dead or alive 5. Anyone else have this problem?

Last-_-Judgment 17 March, 2020 @ 15:51
17.1

Do you already have DOA ultimate downloaded maybe?

IAMGROOT_WKiiD 06 March, 2020 @ 20:22

I am intrigued by the PS Now subscription service, as the variety it brilliant. At the moment I just feel that there are some really noticeable absences. What I am referring too is, the Mass Effect trilogy. Without any hesitation I can say I would subscribe for a whole year to play these games again. What are the odds?

EA access £19.99 per year

nima_pavarotti 10 March, 2020 @ 20:04

Good

Last-_-Judgment 17 March, 2020 @ 15:50 Edited

It’s great to have a collection of permanent evergreen and marquee titles again rather than 2 or 3 titles that are mostly limited. I’ll be sure to subscribe again. This is exactly what we was promised, be sure to keep it up. One thing I will say though is maybe you could update the PS Now list on the site, it’s such a eye sore and most lists under letters aren’t correct or are outdated. Needs a serious look at.

It doesn’t let me download DOA5LR. Can anyone tell me why?

I wanted to ask, is it possible to request a game in PS NOW

Edit history