Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 1:38pm

PlayStation Store Update – 25 June 2009

Hey all, and welcome to this week’s store update. I just wanted to firstly acknowledge that there was quite a bit of disappointment with last week’s update; whilst we do try and ensure we have great content every week sometimes there will be a lull in the release schedule, so all I ask is that you please be patient with us when we do have quieter weeks.

Onto this week and a mix of content that should feature something for everyone. There’s reason to celebrate Super Stardust’s 2nd year anniversary for those of you who have yet to download the game, for one week only you can download the game for a really low price! Puzzle game Zuma is now available, and for those of you with an addictive personality this one will keep you coming back again and again. There’s also something ‘beardy’ for LBP users too, amongst other things ;)

Finally, I also have some good news for our French users; Final Fantasy VII will be available to you this week! Get ready to lose many hours of your life to this classic time consuming RPG.

Enjoy!

Price Reduction

Super Stardust HD (£1.59/€1.99)
To celebrate the game’s second anniversary, for one week only the price of Super Stardust HD is now reduced!
PEGI 3+

Downloadable Games

Zuma (£6.99/€7.99)
Featuring classic puzzle action, clear the spheres before they reach the golden skull and move your way further into the temples of Zuma. With adventure mode and gauntlet mode, as well as PlayStation Trophy support, there should be loads here to keep you coming back.
PEGI 3+

Add-On Game Content

LittleBigPlanet – Solstice Costume (free)
The druid is finally here for you to download, free and available for only one week, come and see for yourself the best beard you’ll ever experience in LBP!
PEGI 7+

LittleBigPlanet – John Burgerman Sticker Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
You can now decorate your own LBP levels with artwork designed by UK artist John Burgerman
PEGI 7+

High Velocity Bowling – ‘60s Surf Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)

High Velocity Bowling – Tiki Polynesian Ball Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
Now you can download either of these themed ball packs to take to the lanes, the balls don’t make the player, but at least you can bowl with some added style!
PEGI 3+

MotorStorm: Pacific Rift – Wombat Signature Livery Pack (free)
Another exclusive livery pack to customise your vehicle with, available for a limited time only; hurry if you want to download this free pack before it’s gone.
PEGI 12+

Guitar Hero: World Tour
This week Guitar Hero offers tracks from Phish available to download:

• Chalk Dust Torture by Phish(£1.59/€1.99)
  • Down With Disease by Phish (£1.59/€1.99)
  • Sample in a Jar by Phish(£1.59/€1.99)
  • Phish Track Pack (This pack contains all three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.99)

PEGI 12+

Rock Band
Further your Rock Band experience with this selection from Maroon 5, a couple of additional tracks from Pearl Jam and the first pack taken from the Warped Tour 2009:

• Little of Your Time by Maroon 5 (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Makes Me Wonder by Maroon 5 (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Wake Up Call by Maroon 5 (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Maroon 5 Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€3.99)
  • 21st Century (Digital Boy) by Bad Religion (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Downfall of Us All by A Day to Remember (£0.99/€1.49)
  • I Didn’t Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard by Chiodos (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Reinventing Your Exit by Underoath (£0.99/€1.49)
  • The Flood by Escape the Fate (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Warped Tour 2009 Pack 01 (this combines all the above tracks in one pack) (£4.99/€7.99)
  • Brother by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Alive (Live: Drop In The Park) by Pearl Jam (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood Announcement Trailer
Call Of Juarez: Bound In Blood Story Trailer
Mini Ninjas E3 Trailer

Themes & Wallpapers (free)

Battlefield 1943 Theme
MotorStorm: Pacific Rift Competition Theme
Battlefield 1943 x2 Wallpapers

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Manager

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (£14.99/€19.99)
Engage in over-the-top Ninja action to reunite the Turtles and save New York City.
PEGI 12+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged
Further your Rock Band Unplugged experience with this selection of tracks now available:

• Afterlife by Avenged Sevenfold (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Constant Motion by Dream Theater (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Dr. Feelgood by Motley Crue (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Sex Type Thing by Stone Temple Pilots (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce – Download Pack 2 (free)

PEGI 12+

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce – Download Pack 2 (free)
Further your Strikeforce experience with new missions and challenges, this download pack also include the content offered in download pack 1.
PEGI 12+

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

287 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

No Monster Hunter Freedom Unite for download?

Hellblazer 25 June, 2009 @ 4:50 pm   2

last guy and blast factor trophy patch?

cheers

Mike Kebby 25 June, 2009 @ 4:52 pm

I keep asking the question, and until I’m given a specific date I can’t say for sure I’m afraid. They are coming though.

solid_sammy 25 June, 2009 @ 4:50 pm   3

Final Fantasy VII ? Very good new ! I’m happy to see it in our french store.

MC_Febras 25 June, 2009 @ 4:52 pm   4

Good update…

Happy birthday Super Stardust!!!

;-)

V8_Vantage 25 June, 2009 @ 4:52 pm   5

Blast Factor patch plz.

Leaving it late so you can leg it out of the office? ;-)

Hope you don’t get as many ranting nutters as last week.

Mike Kebby 25 June, 2009 @ 4:55 pm

As if…I’ll be around for a while yet, my flame-proof full body suit at the ready as always :)

fictionJunction 25 June, 2009 @ 4:53 pm   7

FFVII available? That’s great news ^^ But I still don’t see it on the store :p (be patient, patient, patient, patient…)

Suzzopher 25 June, 2009 @ 4:53 pm   8

That it? So we have another rubbish update.

FascistBullyBoy 25 June, 2009 @ 4:54 pm   9

Mike,

Can we have a demos category on the store?
If not is there a particular reason why not?

Wraxend 25 June, 2009 @ 4:54 pm   10

i thought the first fallout dlc was coming out late june

Mike Kebby 25 June, 2009 @ 4:57 pm

As reported on the internet (various sites) today, no new date has been confirmed as yet.

Roxas598 25 June, 2009 @ 4:54 pm   11

*cough* lame *cough* :P seriously whats going on with MGS 1

OglesbyP 25 June, 2009 @ 4:55 pm   12

3 questions :)

Where did Silent Hill go ? Will it be back ?

When will Resident Evil DC be available ?

When will MGS be available ?

Grind_Axis 25 June, 2009 @ 4:55 pm   13

No Fallout 3 DLC? :(

Oh well, atleast there’s the reduced SSHD price… I hope the store will soon pick up it’s pace with releasing more content.

matt-corleone 25 June, 2009 @ 4:56 pm   14

Where is Ghostbusters Demo ????

2 Weeks and not Demo :(

TheSabreman 25 June, 2009 @ 4:56 pm   15

“whilst we do try and ensure we have great content every week sometimes there will be a lull in the release schedule”

I think that people accept a lull but get disappointed when content is available in other regions weeks or months earlier yet with no sign of it in EU.

Mike Kebby 25 June, 2009 @ 4:59 pm

Appreciated and a good point. However, as explained by myself every week in the comments section, we always aim for global releases for Sony content, but for 3rd party publishers it is their decision when to release content I’m afraid. It’s a shame these discrepancies happen certainly.

Were is the Fallout 3 DLC? I thought this was supposed to happen LAST week? :/

Ravenblade86 25 June, 2009 @ 4:57 pm   17

Personally I’m going to be just alittle disappointed every week until the WipEout HD and Motorstorm PR add-ons hit, but this week is decent. Anyone that doesn’t have Super Stardust HD so be downloading that game straight away though at that price!

By the way, could we get the file sizes listed for the store updates please?

Not bad. Especially for the 5 people who don’t already own SSHD :) Super Stardust HD is an awesome game. I played it a lot when it first came out. I hope the devs (House Marque) release some new content for it sometime (or even better, a sequel!)

Where’s our Ghostbusters demo?

Ziggy-Moff 25 June, 2009 @ 4:58 pm   20

Another pretty poor update imo, however the Stardust HD is pretty tempting apart from 1 thing, as stated this is a pretty poor update meaning there is nothing to buy apart from Stardust HD, any chance of sony removing the limit of a minimum 5 pound spend?, i mean the only thing i want to buy today is 1.59, seems kinda stupid to have to put on 5 pounds just to buy it.

Squallito 25 June, 2009 @ 4:59 pm   21

matt-corleone : yes but for US, I guess, as always, we’re tha last to have demos, games (MGS ???)… Poor, poor EU PSN.

The1337 25 June, 2009 @ 4:59 pm   22

Downloading Super Stardust now, pretty good deal.

enormhi 25 June, 2009 @ 4:59 pm   23

Nothing special. To bad!

Amherst_Wind_4 25 June, 2009 @ 4:59 pm   24

There are plenty of US PSone Classics that could be released to avoid a lull. Are there actually any PSone games on the horizon for us?

V8_Vantage 25 June, 2009 @ 5:00 pm   25

Any word of the Shivering Isles expansion for Oblivion and the Fallout 3 DLC too?

ashbash159 25 June, 2009 @ 5:01 pm   26

Do you have any idea it Metal Gear Solid will be avaliable, ever?

Please reply.

It’s just tough living in Europe.

Hyperguy20 25 June, 2009 @ 5:01 pm   27

:( No MGS1

Pretty rubbish update tbh. Nothin worth buying at all.

Shuya86 25 June, 2009 @ 5:01 pm   28

The playstation store layout is very good for the most part but would you please consider putting at least image previews for all games you sell on the store?

The description is normally not enough and not all games have a trailer to demonstrate what the game is about.

thanks

O_Juice 25 June, 2009 @ 5:02 pm   29

woot another week feeling insignificant because we STILL don’t have MGS how hard can it be, you managed to get FF VII to Europe in 2 days why has it taken so long for MGS(i hope your flame proof suit is up to the job there will be a lot of unhappy people)

Mike Kebby 25 June, 2009 @ 5:04 pm

As said already today (and every week since MGS was released on the US store) it is down to the publisher to decide when to release the game onto the EU stores I’m afraid.

I’d love to be able to deliver good news regarding this title, but until I am given any information, you’ll all have to direct your queries regarding MGS to Konami, sorry.

FascistBullyBoy 25 June, 2009 @ 5:02 pm   30

Mike,

Maybe you didn’t see my question?

Can we have a demos category on the store please?
If not, is there a specific reason why?

Mike Kebby 25 June, 2009 @ 5:05 pm

I’ve seen your question, but because I don’t have an answer to give you I’ll have to leave it at that.

RadioactiveMouse 25 June, 2009 @ 5:03 pm   31

Typical that the day I have to send my PS3 off for it’s 1st repair the LBP costume comes out for a one week only slot :O

Oh well theres plenty of content likely to come out in the following weeks :)

Not a great update, but, better than last weeks for sure. There’s still a lack of PSone games every week though.

It wouldn’t be that hard to get the Abe’s series on there would it?

Hyperguy20 25 June, 2009 @ 5:03 pm   33

Agreed, why no demo section?

*predicts no answer, or very vague one*

mikeyboy888 25 June, 2009 @ 5:04 pm   34

last week i had a choice,

wait for bomberman to come to Europe or go against the T&C and get it from usa store

clever me

daviina 25 June, 2009 @ 5:05 pm   35

cheap great game, i hope no one complains this week. (unless they already got it while back, if so LOL@U… jk) keep the good stuff rolling, thanks.

me + ps3 = woot :P

jaferris 25 June, 2009 @ 5:05 pm   36

well another rubbish update
considering bought Stardust 2 years ago , and Zuma 4 months ago when was released on the US store

samich2007 25 June, 2009 @ 5:05 pm   37

Oné positive thing: It’s a better update than the last update! :P

TheHater2 25 June, 2009 @ 5:05 pm   38

@Mike Kebby
As you can see, I am from the US base on my flag. Since the Jeff and Chris do not seem to respond to this “issue” we used would like to be commented on, I was hoping you may be able too.
Is is possible for you guys to release some new avatars on the PSN for us to used as your profile avatar/pic?
Can you please respond to my post please?

Mike Kebby 25 June, 2009 @ 5:08 pm

Let me ask for you and see what the score is on that front, unlikely that I will be able to post anything about it directly (as I don’t deal with them directly) but I’ll see if we can get some information posted on the blog by the relevant people for you ;)

ghosthunter68 25 June, 2009 @ 5:06 pm   39

No Call of Juarez demo. Frustrating as I wanted to try befor I buy :(

I thought Motorstorm 2 tracks and FallOut DLC were coming by the end of the month. Any news.

astrojam 25 June, 2009 @ 5:06 pm   40

Frankly the John Burgerman collab makes me realise why LBP is awesome all over agian.
I really really dont care about when an old playstation game is released, I’d much rather see more of the awesome creative new stuff please!

Keep up the good work! :)

Arcchiam 25 June, 2009 @ 5:07 pm   41

FF7! At last!!!

samich2007 25 June, 2009 @ 5:07 pm   42

Ow and the price cut is great!!!
But I already have the game :P

Lcslick 25 June, 2009 @ 5:07 pm   43

yo mike

whats up with the EU not getting MGS this week. Are we ever gunna get it

and bomerman aswell

Silent_Gig 25 June, 2009 @ 5:08 pm   44

Wheres NUMBLST!
PLEASE ANSWER

RBMaurice 25 June, 2009 @ 5:09 pm   45

When can we expect the original Metal Gear Solid to be released on the European PlayStation® Store for PS3/PSP? I did expect to see it’s release today, any statement on a release date? :)

Aside of that it’s quite a minor update, but well, my Credit Card won’t mind that ;) There’s enough content which I am still looking after for a future purchase…

takerusan 25 June, 2009 @ 5:09 pm   46

Thanks For FF VII !

Can we expect for FF VIII and others Psone JRPG? Even if it did not ever out in Europe (FF tactics or Xenogears?)?
And why Silent Hill disappeared in the French Playstation Store?

Firstly a small request. Can you please change the store so that when your scrolling through the thumbnails that you only have to press right on the stick to get to the start of the next line like on the singstar store.

It’s frustrating for me anyway that i have to press down then hold left to get to the start of the line to view things in order.

Also isn’t Monster Hunter Freedom Unite supposed to be on the store this week as the UMD gets released tomorrow. On the capcom boards it’s generally assumed that it’d be up on the store.

D_Killa_Kat_96_ 25 June, 2009 @ 5:09 pm   48

I cant believe this!
No Fallout 3 DLC!
So sad now… :’[
Maybe next week?
If not, ARRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Can’t wait any longer!

Noctis596 25 June, 2009 @ 5:09 pm   49

FFVII will be available today or tomorrow ? (because you tell “This week” :p)

Thanks for you answer

Mike Kebby 25 June, 2009 @ 5:12 pm

It’s on your store now, today, this very second ;)

It’s in the Latest and PSone Classics sections.

Silent_Gig 25 June, 2009 @ 5:10 pm   50

I say again

WHERES NUMBLAST!
Thats the only game i want, i knwo SCEE has taken it under its wing. I want it so bad =_=

Load all