Posted 4:01pm

This Week On The SingStore – Thursday 9th July 2009

Hi there,

Here I am again, bringing you the latest from the SingStore. :)

Now, there’s no doubt in my mind that this week’s update will get a lot of you quite excited because the long-awaited Coldplay SongPacks are finally hitting the store on Thursday.

Coldplay - Don't PanicColdplay - Violet Hill

Alternatively, if Coldplay is not your thing, why not ‘yeee-haa’ your way through the Essentials: Country SongPack?

Also on offer this week are fantastic tracks by Radiohead, Blur, Ashford & Simpson, Kelly Clarkson, Erasure and Lily Allen. A good ol’ mix I’d say, wouldn’t you?

Radiohead_No SurprisesAshford & Simpson - Solid

Kelly Clarkson_Because of youLily Allen_Not Fair

Time to leave you to study the full tracklist below. See you next week with the Top 20 Chart for June!

Nina

x

In English:

• Adam & The Ants – “Ant Music”
  • Ashford & Simpson – “Solid”
  • Blur – “For Tomorrow”
  • Blur – “This Is A Low”
  • Cheap Trick – “If You Want My Love”
  • Erasure – “Always”
  • Erasure – “Sometimes”
  • Gloria Estefan – “1-2-3″
  • Gloria Estefan – “Rhythm Is Gonna Get You “
  • Kelly Clarkson – “Because Of You”
  • Kreesha Turner – “Bounce With Me”
  • Krezip – “In Her Sun (Stupid)”
  • Krezip – “That’ll Be Me”
  • Lily Allen – “Not Fair”
  • Pet Shop Boys – “It’s A Sin”
  • Radiohead – “No Surprises”
  • The Offspring – “Pretty Fly (For A White Guy)”
  • The Poodles – “Song For You”
  • Vincent – “Don’t Hate On Me”
  • Yazoo – “Don’t Go”

The Offspring - Pretty Fly (For a white guy)

Ultimate Coldplay 1 SongPack

• Lost
  • Trouble
  • Violet Hill

Coldplay - LostColdplay - In my place

SingStar Essentials SongPack

• Martina McBride – A Broken Wing
  • Montgomery Gentry – What Do You Think About That?
  • Sara Evans – Born to Fly
  • Trace Adkins – Honky Tonk Badonkadonk
  • Trace Adkins – You’re Gonna Miss This

In Italian:

• Afterhours – “Non È Per Sempre”

Afterhours_Non E Per Sempre

In Spanish:

• El Arrebato – “Una Noche Con Arte”
  • La Oreja De Van Gogh – “Cuídate”
  • La Oreja De Van Gogh – “Dile Al Sol”
  • La Oreja De Van Gogh – “El Último Vals”
  • La Oreja De Van Gogh – “Geografia”
  • La Oreja De Van Gogh – “Soñaré”

El Arrebato_Una Noche Con Arte

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

72 Comments 16 Author replies
Show oldest first

Offspring, yeeah! :-)

lordbeagle 6 July, 2009 @ 4:04 pm   2

WOOHOO more Erasure tune :o) love u Nina

Tntnnbltn 6 July, 2009 @ 4:05 pm   3

Wow, Kelly Clarkson!! Will definitely be getting this and Lily Allen.

Also, great to see the Coldplay song packs finally out. I know a lot of people have been waiting for them. ;-)

A bit too much Singstar articles if you ask me..

Samarotu 6 July, 2009 @ 4:06 pm   5

where r the german songs? don´t see any updates for that lately.

would be cool if we see some support for it again in the next updates.

keep up the good work anyways :D

Nina Scherer 6 July, 2009 @ 4:24 pm

Working on them – would like some more myself, what can I say :)

lordbeagle 6 July, 2009 @ 4:09 pm   6

@ Gultz how can a weekly update be too much? U would moan if there was no update!!!

micromagic 6 July, 2009 @ 4:16 pm   7

@Gultz Then don’t read it. I for one welcome the singstar updates. Keep them coming please.

soozibags 6 July, 2009 @ 4:17 pm   8

I’m loving the addition of Kelly Clarkson to the store, fantastic!

I’ll also be getting Ashford and Simpson and Lily Allen *grins*

wardragon989 6 July, 2009 @ 4:35 pm   9

Its a shame we don’t have any Michael Jackson songs considering what’s happened =(

But no worries this is a good update. So thank you for updating us, especially regularly every monday, so thanks.

zaz_fan 6 July, 2009 @ 4:42 pm   10

Might be a bit early for a SingStar: Michael Jackson. But when it’s announced I’m pre-ordering it :)

Some great tunes on the update this week. Defo getting the Blur, Adam Ant, Lily Allen tracks. Might even treat myself to a Coldplay Song pack :)

mrfight67 6 July, 2009 @ 4:52 pm   11

Thanks for:

Ultimate Coldplay 2 SongPack, and especially:
In My Place
Violet Hill

Lily Allen – “Not Fair”
Radiohead – “No Surprises”
Kelly Clarkson – “Because Of You”

Thanks for yet another great update! However i might wait for the 2 coldplay songs i pointed to come out separate, since ive never really listened to the other 3. Then again, i might get tempted, and probably get anyway.

Darkos87 6 July, 2009 @ 4:52 pm   12

COLDPLAY FTW

Jerommeke 6 July, 2009 @ 4:55 pm   13

I would love to see a special Michael Jackson pack. The ultimate King of Pop pack with all his songs and unpublished songs! :D

S_piller 6 July, 2009 @ 5:05 pm   14

Grazie mille for the amazing Afterhours! ;)

lanocty 6 July, 2009 @ 5:21 pm   15

Wow! An awesome update! Something for everyone!

I cant believe we got Kelly Clarkson! I hope this means more from her in the future.

NINA: Are there going to be any more Swedish tracks in the near future? It’s the one language I haven’t seen any new songs for awhile.

YobRenoops 6 July, 2009 @ 5:32 pm   16

MORE ERASURE! They complete me.

Croopnick_PL 6 July, 2009 @ 5:32 pm   17

wow nice songs
Is is possible that we see Bon Jovi-It’s my life and/or
Staind-Outside?

ThyTroll 6 July, 2009 @ 5:46 pm   18

I would love to play singstar. But… my friends and I are into Metal and there is almost nothing on the singstore that justifies a buy.
Add:
Blind Guardian – Another Stranger Me (Nuclear Blast)
Gamma Ray – Into The Storm (SPV)
…and you’ll have my custom in no time.

Sadly you can’t please everyone, especially people with as narrow taste in music as me ;)
I still have hope for a (proper :)) Metal version though.

Fen_Vank 6 July, 2009 @ 5:46 pm   19

Dear Nina,
Coldplay packs… lovely, thank you very much Nina and the others. But what about the Beatles? I asked you last time, but my question was ignored :( Is there ANY chance of seeing John Lennon, George Harrison singing alone OR together (as the Beatles)? They had a few nice songs that many people would like to see on SingStore. And don’t stop adding McCartney’s songs :)
Please, replay this time.

Nina Scherer 7 July, 2009 @ 10:08 am

Hi Fen_Vank,

Apologies – I try and get through all the posts but it’s just not possible to reply to all of them. All I can say is the same I do to everyone asking for songs/artists:

We work hard to get songs on the store but unfortunately sometimes it’s just not possible so you might have to wait for The Beatles for a while longer. Watch this space for some more McCartney though – possibly – no promises :)

saintaqua 6 July, 2009 @ 6:35 pm   20

Many thanks! This is the kind of update I needed!
*hugs*
Keep up the good work, I can’t wait.
I hope you can keep up the regular updates.

Any chance we can get this on the US Blog as well?

Nina Scherer 7 July, 2009 @ 10:09 am

I am talking to the guys in the US at the moment and I am sure we can get something similar up-and-running for you over there.

Sicilianblooded 6 July, 2009 @ 7:33 pm   21

I wish we can have Yellow Card, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Dream Theater.

LoveDoctor 6 July, 2009 @ 7:42 pm   22

Great selection of songs, but may I ask when you are planning to fix this blog for mobile devices (iPhone, PSP) just like the US blog already did?

Nina Scherer 7 July, 2009 @ 10:10 am

I’ll pass this on to the people in charge of the blog.

Charlotte Large 7 July, 2009 @ 10:30 am

We’re counting down to the launch of the other language blogs at the moment, so that’s our main focus for the time being. But we’ll aim to have this same feature live soon after.

ShinyGoldfish 6 July, 2009 @ 7:44 pm   23

Thanks for the Kelly Clarkson track, that’ll be a definite purchase this week!

I’m sure I’m not the first person to ask this, but can you update the store so it says if any of the songs have appeared on the disc versions before, please? I don’t mind buying tracks that appeared on the PS2 again, but it’s really annoying accidentally buying something only to find out it was on one of the earlier PS3 discs.
Thanks, and keep up the good work :-)

PortugasPanelas 6 July, 2009 @ 8:07 pm   24

Is it too much to ask for Singstore to be updated weekly instead of 1 time every 2 weeks?

Ultra-Blu 6 July, 2009 @ 8:15 pm   25

I want Coldplay’s Trouble without the song pack!

Nina Scherer 7 July, 2009 @ 10:12 am

This will be realeased onto the store as a single in a couple of months time so you can have it! :)

CJSgamer 6 July, 2009 @ 8:38 pm   26

im gonna keep saying this until u reply:
Josh Pyke?
Any JP Coming?

dazman5000 6 July, 2009 @ 8:54 pm   27

Coldplay songpack 2, boom! Success!

Valthyr 6 July, 2009 @ 8:57 pm   28

Hail, The Offspring is in it :O

antz1970 6 July, 2009 @ 8:59 pm   29

great update again this fortnight , theres 5 im deffo getting so far , and maybe more when i preview them , keep the good updates coming :D

jelly_bean 6 July, 2009 @ 9:12 pm   30

Great update! Happy about Kelly Clarkson and Lily Allen. Singstar is the best karaoke game ever. Keep it up ;)

Haraldo 6 July, 2009 @ 9:18 pm   31

Great update! When do we see Morrissey, The Smiths, The Cure?

Raonak 6 July, 2009 @ 9:32 pm   32

i just bought singstar vol 3 yesterday. its awesome, tho the downloads for the songs take ages…

is there a request board? if so, please guide the way

Khaliel 6 July, 2009 @ 10:39 pm   34

No Michael Jackson pack?? Even not just “Billie Jean”? Pfff…
And “Viva la vida” not in the coldplay song packs?… i’m really disappointed.

Mamoulian 6 July, 2009 @ 10:45 pm   35

Thanks for the update!

Can you give us any hints on the next game update? I’m interested in things like:
Leaderboards shared with friends online
More players per side in pass-the-mic mode
…which would probably need more than 7 rounds too
More names remembered than 20!

…and for the future, pass-the-mic online for sofa-vs-sofa. You wouldn’t need to send the vocals down the ‘net, just the scores and song selection process!

Would happily pay a few quid for a patch providing the latter…

ultracr 6 July, 2009 @ 10:58 pm   36

Hello Nina thanks for the update, but I need to know how to get the Spanish tracks and the Depeche Mode songs , I can’t get them out the singstar store in usa please help Thanks !!!!!!

Nina Scherer 7 July, 2009 @ 10:19 am

I’m afraid the Spanish language tracks and Depeche Mode are currently not available in the US store.

MairusuPawa 6 July, 2009 @ 11:54 pm   37

This week is still a disappointment for me.

Please bring in some more Nuclear Blast artists! We only have ONE song from Gotthard on the Singstore among more than 800 songs. It’s fun to sing but hey, where’s Amorphis, Edguy, Avantasia or Sonata Arctica? And please, don’t make me ask for some Shade Empire. ;)

Oh, on other news, I’m still waiting for the RSX access under PS3/Linux.

Hasquarl 7 July, 2009 @ 12:11 am   38

Yay, I’ll be buying a lot this week.

Also, we need some Muse and Red Hot Chili Peppers. :P

agm2502 7 July, 2009 @ 12:26 am   39

Expensive week! Great update. Nice to see some country music, You should try get more of the older stuff and some Kenny Chesney (Old Blue Chair).

Lostee48 7 July, 2009 @ 6:54 am   40

The coldplay songpacks are alright but where is VIVA LA VIDA!?
That is their best song.

Lostee48 7 July, 2009 @ 7:12 am   41

Hi Nina would you be able to tell me if Hilary Duff would be entering the singstore soon.
Is there another disney singstar on the way?

smokeypsd 7 July, 2009 @ 8:16 am   42

If there’s one request u guys seriously need to pay attention to it’s this one. wait for it:

William Shatner, Has Been. In my opinion the singstar experience is NOT complete without as much as possible off this album. Who hears me?
Nine Sherer do u feel me? :P

PortugasPanelas 7 July, 2009 @ 8:59 am   43

I just saw this and why does Lips in the Xbox 360 get Sony Music artist Pink for their download store? What’s even more worse is that they get 2 songs which are not on the singstore:
# “Don’t Let Me Get Me” – Pink
# “So What” – Pink

Doesn’t make sense, isn’t she signed by Sony? The more worse case scenario would be those songs would be made available on the singstore!

FlexmanUK 7 July, 2009 @ 10:04 am   44

Again, no Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band, pah ;)

Shatner songs would get my vote also /thump up

Any chance of having some Pixies any time? I’d love ‘Hey’ or ‘Where Is My Mind?’. :)

PortugasPanelas 7 July, 2009 @ 11:02 am   46

Thanks for answering my comment Nina!

And I did noticed that “So What” is in the singstore, it’s only “Don’t let me get me” that’s not there. I leave this week asking for more portuguese songs to the store and for updates every week instead of 1 time every 2 weeks.

Thanks :)

browny15 7 July, 2009 @ 11:20 am   47

Just wondering if any oasis songs will ever be available on the singstore.

Thanks.

Thank you Nina!! :D

I wish you guys had more from Udo Jürgens in the SingStore Selection.. I know it’s only German Speaking but just the right songs for the perfect singstar party!!!

dDoffen 7 July, 2009 @ 2:26 pm   50

Where is MJ – The King of Pop?

Load all