Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:01pm

1,000,000 Downloads Of The VidZone Music Video Application

Hi Everyone from the VidZone team

For any of you into numbers, we’ve got some great news…

VidZone has had over 1 million downloads and 100 million video streams on PS3.

That means over 1 million of you are enjoying thousands of music videos on your Playstation 3 with over 100 million videos watched. There are obviously some hardcore music video fans in the PlayStation community.

In just under 8 weeks you’ve helped us hit this amazing figure. Keep telling your friends about our new service and compiling your playlists. For all of you who haven’t already downloaded the free VidZone application, you’re missing out on thousands of music videos, exclusive interviews and video premieres with some of the biggest artists in the world : )

Your favourite top 10 videos so far are:

• 1. Black Eyed Peas – Boom Boom Pow
  • 2. Michael Jackson – Thriller
  • 3. Lady Gaga – Poker Face
  • 4. Michael Jackson – Beat It
  • 5. Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
  • 6. Michael Jackson – Man In The Mirror
  • 7. Eminem – We Made You
  • 8. Dizzee Rascal, Armand Helden – Bonkers
  • 9. Michael Jackson – Black Or White
  • 10. Michael Jackson – Another Part Of Me

VidZone Video Full Screen

Play List 2 - Lady Gaga

We’re constantly adding more and more videos to our catalogue and now have over 13,000 videos

Keep checking the blog and our networking sites (facebook, twitter, myspace, bebo) for more news as we could have something excitingly special up our sleeves coming your way soon.

Now Playing - Dizzee Rascal

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

91 Comments 1 Author replies
Show oldest first
Delriach 4 August, 2009 @ 2:11 pm   1

Lots of MJ love I see. I would like to add to that 1,000,000 downloads… :(

Gotoxy-90 4 August, 2009 @ 2:11 pm   2

Yes, and when will this be coming to Sweden?

YobRenoops 4 August, 2009 @ 2:13 pm   3

Could you just put up a webpage somewhere with a list of all the songs up? The search function is dire on the application and it’d make creating playlists massively easier.

Moncacho 4 August, 2009 @ 2:13 pm   4

And Portugal??!!!

Jack-Bauer-89 4 August, 2009 @ 2:15 pm   5

And im just 1 of those downloads :D

Ill be honest and say i dont use Vidzone everyday but its great to just to put some music on in the background once in a while ;)

spacebrain 4 August, 2009 @ 2:16 pm   6

and austria?

wbrinkman 4 August, 2009 @ 2:25 pm   7

ZZzzZZZzz

JusteAlias 4 August, 2009 @ 2:26 pm   8

and when it’ll come to The Netherlands?

eurodanman 4 August, 2009 @ 2:41 pm   9

Ben, please give us an update on releases in other european countries, so we don’t have post these “when does it come to my country”-mails all the time.
Are you working on it at all???

I’m following you thru twitter to get such news, but nothing is ever posted regarding this. :-(

Kind regards
Ole, Denmark

lcmnick 4 August, 2009 @ 2:47 pm   10

I have to ask…how do Vidzone make money from this?

Ben Creasey 4 August, 2009 @ 2:57 pm

Hi Icmnick

VidZone works on a advertising model, Companies pay us to advertise on our service which means we can supply you all the videos you want for free. Of course this means there are adverts on the service but we try and keep them from affecting your user experience too much. Saying that, we would enourage anyone who is using the service to make a point of clicking some of the adverts we have on the service so we can keep providing you with the best possible service.

Jakkal_SWE 4 August, 2009 @ 3:01 pm   11

It’s a shame services such as these are only introduced to select countries. I know it’s because of ads/partners etc, right?
But damn, I so want this..

ThEosSiE 4 August, 2009 @ 3:06 pm   12

I like videos.. Can I have this service..

toddhunter 4 August, 2009 @ 3:13 pm   13

Great stuff. Can I please request:

* Fix the search (just adding the standard keyboard pop up will do)
* Show the file size before playing
* Indicate which songs are in the local cache
* Team up with isps for unmetered content
* Faster startup and general bug fixes.

Please!

Congratulations guys!

Please delete Boom boom pow from VidZone – I liked it the first 50 times I heard it. It seems to be on just about every playlist and I’m sick to death of it! – do us all a favour and nuke the sucker!

luna-ppz 4 August, 2009 @ 3:21 pm   15

When will Vidzone be available in Portugal???

Or in Finland?

Ah well, we Europeans pay the highest prices of consoles and games, and ..

sparced 4 August, 2009 @ 3:36 pm   17

Any chance of the following record labels being added?

F-Comm, Raster Noton, Soma, Ninja Tune, Warp, Underground Resistance, Dalbin, OneDotZero.

LescautDK 4 August, 2009 @ 3:37 pm   18

ladaladalada. All very well. When do we have it in Denmark…?

Hi Ben congratulations on the 1 million :)

Also thank you for the continued support of the Application. The exclusives you get as well they are very cool.
Can we expect to see more coming in the future?

Thnak ads659

All other Europeans that are also left out can voice their dismay by voting down the article. I did so on the previous one and I’m doing so now!

I’m sick of not being included in VidZone’s vision of Europe

Pinto55 4 August, 2009 @ 3:59 pm   21

When will the service come to Portugal?

pabloamigo 4 August, 2009 @ 4:04 pm   22

@17

sparced

You are obviously a man (or woman) of fine taste – I have asked for many of those labels too so hopefully if enough of us email the team we’ll get our wish.

I’d like to add Werk and whoever owns the rights to Merck Records too. A bit of Lukid and machinedrum would be lovely.

I havnt really had much great to say about my ps3 as of late, but props to everyone who works on the vidzone thing! was supprised to see some madvillian, quasimoto, high contrast & london electricity on there, your doing a great job at catering for most music tastes even the less heard of stuff, i’ll try remeber to click a advert or two next time :)

DeathroW22 4 August, 2009 @ 5:10 pm   24

You guys deserve all the success you get, this is a fantastic application. Well done.

AGAIN SONY, I DON’T CARE UNTIL THE OTHER EUROPEAN COUNTRIES GET VIDZONE OR PLAYTV OR NETFLEX OR THE PRICES THE US IS PAYING FOR CONTENT.

daffycare 4 August, 2009 @ 5:48 pm   26

my wife hates the ps3 because it always takes all my time but since vidzone is here i cant get her of my ps3, vidzone is fantastic.

KnightOrc 4 August, 2009 @ 5:52 pm   27

*sigh* Please give us some indication when this will be out for other countries? I’m stuck in one (Netherlands) that doesn’t have access and it sucks!

almighty-slayer 4 August, 2009 @ 5:53 pm   28

Well done sexy VidZone peoples ;)

almighty-slayer 4 August, 2009 @ 5:54 pm   29

Well done awesome VidZone peoples

Roneberg 4 August, 2009 @ 5:56 pm   30

hummm, you would have many more… if it was possible for portugal to download… Please, give us the pleasure to enjoy Vidzone. (Sorry about the bad writing) ;)

jimmolo 4 August, 2009 @ 6:01 pm   31

Hi there!

you have listed this “Black Eyed Peas – Boom Boom Pow” as the most viewed video, but in italy this video is not listed in the section “Black Eyed Peas”.
Otherwise when i try to search all videos of weird al yankovic, there are some videos in which he is called
“Weird Al” Yankovic – i cannot see all of them, because in the search browser there is no this character “”.

Many thanks.

HeroicLegend 4 August, 2009 @ 6:10 pm   32

Congratz PS3 users for getting this landmark figure, too bad the majority has a terrible taste in music… lol

shad_86 4 August, 2009 @ 6:13 pm   33

Congratz vidzone, there are plans or any talks to put this in the US? we need something like this here.

englishgolfer 4 August, 2009 @ 6:17 pm   34

when will this come to other european countries? i live in sweden and would love this, like, now!

B-Statuz 4 August, 2009 @ 6:19 pm   35

Hmmm… I wonder why there’s 6 Michael Jackson videos in the top 10 most played. tut tut.

Well done guys! That’s a pretty impressive number considering it’s only available in some parts of Europe.

Add some Home integration and it would really be brilliant. :)

Handige_Harry 4 August, 2009 @ 6:48 pm   37

and we are watching mtv………

JPceasar 4 August, 2009 @ 6:54 pm   38

I want that on my ps3 but it isn’t there?
why isn’t it in the Netherlands on ps3′s?

DAVEGADGETBOY 4 August, 2009 @ 7:29 pm   39

LINKIN PARK and GREEN DAY are needed for this to be better imo

It would be nice to have some way not to see any posts about VidZone, because I don’t want to read about a service I can’t use.

gamefreak2 4 August, 2009 @ 9:15 pm   41

Hi Ben can yoe say to me when this application comming to the Benelux like (Belgiüm, the Netherlands)?

Hi, i’m not asking when vidzone will be in all eu.But why Isn’t there already ? Is there some technical difficulties or we are just worse than the rest ?

nuclear_predator 4 August, 2009 @ 11:35 pm   43

Thats (since launch, on average);
125,000 downloads a week
17,000 downloads a day
744 downloads an hour
12 downloads a minute
or roughly one download every 10 seconds.

Pretty cool, and yeah I like numbers, lol :P

maniulo 5 August, 2009 @ 1:05 am   44

I like numbers too, and it’s one download every 5 seconds :P

Congratulations to the Vidzone team, now please tell us why it’s not in all of EU yet and when it will be?

dfp3000 5 August, 2009 @ 1:58 am   45

Very happy to see that VidZone is doing well, as it’s a great application.
That said, the search function needs to be addressed. It is counter intuitive and slow. It wouldn’t be so bad if there was full keyboard support, but this still seems to be lacking.

Oh, and more Rock please!!

Linconan 5 August, 2009 @ 6:29 am   46

VidZone is the greatest thing since sliced bread…well,
Second thing really.
Playstation 3, is the greatest,lol

whoop, whoop
*does little dance*

GoDLiKeBR 5 August, 2009 @ 6:54 am   47

Any news about VidZone coming to North America? =)

Noisepurge 5 August, 2009 @ 7:13 am   48

soz ben:

When can we expect VidZone in the Scandinavia? :(

HazelAM 5 August, 2009 @ 9:13 am   49

what happened to the mods abusing their powers issue on the official forums?
every mention of it is deleted and it now seems to have been successfully swept under the carpet.
well just because i’m one of those victimised by the so called mods accused doesn’t mean they’ve shut me up.
i would like people reading this who care about the truth, but haven’t yet fallen foul of mb and his clique, to ask questions on the forums.
i have been contacting scee frequently for months and all i get is “Thank you for your recent correspondence.

I have passed your details to our Head Office, who will contact you shortly”
been over a month since then though, i’ll be in touch with andrew house next week with names and copies of all the emails i’ve recieved if i don’t get results.

anyway, if you still have forum access do the community a favour and ask questions, if enough people ask they won’t be able to ignore you.

and now a public service announcement
stop the mod mb abusing his powers by victimising people he doesn’t like and ignoring the rules to protect his friends

I keep tellin my friends about vidzone, but unfortunately, neither I or my friends are able to download the app!

1/5