Posted 20 August

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (20th August 2009)

Good morning. I hope your collective appetites have been sufficiently wet by all the announcements made at gamescom, I for one am personally very excited about the new additions coming to the PlayStation Network.

Talking of wet, WET is one of four demos we have releasing on the store later today (did you see what I did there…ahem, apologies), alongside Mini Ninjas and IL2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey. You can also fling Andy Dick around in Pain from today, as well as get yourself a Street Fighter II themed table for Zen Pinball. We also have another batch of trailers from gamescom, including footage from the Sony press conference.

Tomorrow morning you will also be able to get hold of a trailer for the forthcoming Avatar game taken from the Avatar game day event.

Finally, for our PSP users we have a variety of content available (especially for RPG fans) with Wild Arms XF, Riviera, and the demo for DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY available, amongst other things. Scroll down for the full list.

The store will be updated later this afternoon, and as usual any problems or feedback please leave a comment.

Demos (free)

Colin McRae DiRT 2
PEGI 3+

WET
PEGI 18+

Mini Ninjas
PEGI 7+

IL2 Sturmovik: Birds Of Prey
PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content

Pain – Andy Dick Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
PEGI 16+

Zen Pinball – Street Fighter II Tribute Table (£1.59/€1.99)
PEGI 7+

Guitar Hero: World Tour – Duelling Banjos Track (£1.59/€1.99)
PEGI 12+

Rock Band

• Foo Fighters Pack 02 (this combines the below three Foo Fighters tracks in one pack) (£2.49/€2.99)
  • All My Life by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
  • I’ll Stick Around by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Lonely As You by Foo Fighters (£0.99/€1.49)
  • I Predict A Riot by Kaiser Chiefs (£0.99/€1.49)
  • I’m Shipping Up To Boston by Dropkick Murphys (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Inside Out by Eve 6 (£0.99/€1.49)
  • No Rain by Blind Melon (£0.99/€1.49)
  • There’s No Other Way by Blur (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

• Savage Moon Waldgeist Trailer
  • Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 1
  • Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 2
  • Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 3
  • Gamescom Sony Press Conference Part 4
  • PR Sizzler Trailer
  • Avatar Game Day Trailer (Released on Friday the 21st of August)

Themes (free)

• Katamari Forever and Noby Noby Boy Theme
  • PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Downloadable Games

Wild Arms XF (£13.99/€17.99)
PEGI 12+

Riviera (£13.99/€17.99)
PEGI 12+

Warriors Orochi (£13.99/€17.99)
PEGI 12+

Colin McRae Rally 2005 (£7.99/€9.99)
PEGI 3+

Demo (free)

Dissidia Final Fantasy
PEGI 12+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

Rock Band Unplugged

• A Favor House Atlantic by Coheed and Cambria (£0.99/€1.49)
  • Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Themes (free)

• DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY Themes 8, 9 and 10

Videos (free)

• MotorStorm Arctic Edge Trailer

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

426 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

FallingStickman 20 August, 2009 @ 11:03 am   1

And once again no PSOne games. Still, I think it’s a decent update.

No complaints here,some decent demos,things are looking up imo…

Nice :-)

lardteamaker 20 August, 2009 @ 11:07 am   4

demos, character from pain and the pinball table for me then. :) cheapish week.

I’m getting WET

Well, I think is an amazing update. Look how many demos there are. And what about those trailers and the amazing press conference?
Awesome!

Wow very good update! 4 demos! :)

SCEE are really earning my faith back

[DELETED]

4 DEMOS!!!!!!! thats more like it SCEE/Kebby. and to make things better there really decent demos too

Love it when there are lots of Demos. Great update guys!

woo for wet demo!

and wild arms!!!! OMG i will be yoinking that cheers for the heads up mike :)

great update, but there will still be complaints from certain people….

UndeadBob 20 August, 2009 @ 11:09 am   12

Nice update, though I count 4 demos not 3 :) You seem to have forgotten that Colin McRae DiRT 2 is listed below…

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:12 am

I wrote the beginning paragraph before we had the confirmation of that demo, and because the team are at Gamescom the change may take a while to make ;)

Awesome update.

I wasn’t expecting such a good one since you have treated us with so much this week.

get2sammyb 20 August, 2009 @ 11:12 am   14

AWESOME DEMOS. Cheers guys!

Is there any news on Resident Evil 1 and MGS1 coming to the store?

whoismilan 20 August, 2009 @ 11:14 am   16

I like that there are a lot of demos, but seriously, someone who’s at gamescom needs to get in touch with Konami and ask what’s taking them so long to get you-know-what to Europe.

Good update.

Any chance of getting the fantastic Uncharted 2 trailer from Gamescom up? :P

Great update. Will download demo’s of DIRT, WET and Sturmovik. :D

loonytoon1982 20 August, 2009 @ 11:15 am   19

Usually I’m annoyed when there’s nothing for me to buy but I’m broke this week so it’s all good :p

Between bills, Batman and the PS3 Slim it’s a quiet time :D

StromboyX 20 August, 2009 @ 11:16 am   20

Cool!!!! Dissidia demo, this is the best news so far :) , including DiRT 2 and WET demos which are also on my play list..Pure satisfaction

Andy-McK-4ever 20 August, 2009 @ 11:16 am   21

Four demos Mike!!! You really are spoiling us. Some really good trailers aswell. This is the best update since E3

ReNeGADe1991 20 August, 2009 @ 11:16 am   22

OMG I love you Mike! I cant wait for Dirt you have really made my day.

SuGaR_rAy_RiDeR 20 August, 2009 @ 11:17 am   23

Mike

brilliant update, i doubt very much you will be getting alot of moaning on here today. Very impressed with the available playable demos…..especially the dissidia one for the psp.

Is there any news on Tomb Raider possibly coming out soon as a psone classic just like the us store, if you don’t know, can u let me know asap as am such a huge Tomb Raider fan…Thanks :-)

aeonlord92 20 August, 2009 @ 11:17 am   24

Good update, I’ll definately get the WET demo. Is there any news of Disgaea 3 DLC or a trophy patch?

jack__burt0n 20 August, 2009 @ 11:18 am   25

I know its unrelated mike but do u have any info on an Uncharted 2 collectors edition? I know it seems that play.com has exclusive 2nd beta codes but I have been holding out to see if there is a bumper edition planned have seen screens of uncharted 2 bags and a steelbook?

Any info is great cos otherwise will just go ahead and order my copies from play for the codes.

Thanks.

micromagic 20 August, 2009 @ 11:18 am   26

Ooooohhhh….nice load of demos. Excited about trying the Dirt 2 demo and didn’t expect Wet to be up there. Very nice update this week, thanks :-)

Good update :)Thanks .

LittleBigPlanet Water Trailer! YES! :D Loved that Video.

What an amazing PlayStaion week it has been. Well done SONY ;)

Any date for the BomberMan Ultra PSN Game for Euro-Land?

betahoven 20 August, 2009 @ 11:20 am   29

Well this seems to be going down well. People really do love demos huh.

Yeah ! The two Ratchet & Clank trailers, finally ! :)

mike that wild arms is a psp game right? it just doesn’t say

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:29 am

It is indeed the PSP game, seems the editing for the post is a bit out (there is usually a PSP Store heading before the list of content ;) )

whoismilan 20 August, 2009 @ 11:22 am   32

There’s video evidence what Kojima is at gamescom. Now is the time to use your best sneaking skills to get to him, pin him against the wall and demand some answers!

Croopnick_PL 20 August, 2009 @ 11:22 am   33

Wet!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! :)

No new PSone games?

AcidCrashX 20 August, 2009 @ 11:22 am   34

@Mike

Impressive selection today Mike! make sure to thank the guys in your team for us as well as give yourself a pat on back.

i’ll be downloading all 5 demos (PS3 and PSP) and i may even pick up the 2 digital PSP releases this week.. an RPG on the go is always a good thing to have when you commute 2 hours a day!

Great stuff!

Cringles88 20 August, 2009 @ 11:24 am   36

Anymore Gamescom videos coming today?

ignore that question twas stupid lol sorz

Again, no MGS is a sticky point, but no complaints this week, as there’s Mini Ninjas!! Also, idk how far in advance you know about stuff, but has any noise been made about a Saw: The Video Game demo? (aka my most wanted of the year :D)

Dutch_Rootsman 20 August, 2009 @ 11:26 am   39

Dear Mike,

This week looks good.

Makes we worried about next week though :(

I hope these PSP games and PS3 demos are coming to the Australian store…?

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:31 am

Don’t worry about next week, it’s looking like a nice selection of stuff at the moment :D

BritishBlue 20 August, 2009 @ 11:26 am   40

A nice bunch demos today, great stuff! I’m particularly pleased about Dirt 2 & Sturmovik, I was already thinking of buying them!

Great update

kingofscotland 20 August, 2009 @ 11:27 am   42

Where is the new Unchartered Trailer from Gamescom?? :-(

I’ve seen it on the net but want to see it in alls its beautiful HD glory!

Skookie30 20 August, 2009 @ 11:27 am   43

Its a good update 5 demos dont make a great update you dig, & mike thank you & thank you for at last we in uk get the psn cards in september Hurrah. :D

Kenshin71 20 August, 2009 @ 11:28 am   44

Four demos! Awesome. Looking forward to Il-2 Sturmovik. Let’s just hope Trine makes it out before 2010.

Mike last week you said to me Zombie Apocalyspe was end of the month, can we expect it next week?

Also any news on Under Siege? (no not the Steven Segal movie lol)

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:32 am

I don’t know what’s happening with Zombie Apocalypse now at the moment, fingers crossed it’s coming very soon though.

commuterzombie 20 August, 2009 @ 11:29 am   46

Well done all concerned. That’s one hell of an update.

Same again next week please ;P

TheTaxMan 20 August, 2009 @ 11:29 am   47

Hello , Not a bad update , pinball for me this week ,

But,

What about these patches for the games that we have , bf1943 still not working as it should .

I dont want to have to ask you every week .

Could you explain to people how to get a refund from the PSN store?

Some people are not happy with some games and not getting a refund is not an option.

I,d like to say also , your doing a good job answering the questions each week and trying to be honest , its good to see.

GordonVanDyke will not answer emails or tweets , so could you do some digging and find anything out please , and thanks x

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:34 am

As I’ve said before, I don’t work on patches, and am not in control of 3rd party games – I’m sorry, but you’re asking the wrong person about patches.

I’ll try and find something out for you though, but I can’t guarantee anything I’m afraid.

VitalogyPJ 20 August, 2009 @ 11:30 am   48

Nice demos, when will Mini Ninjas came out?

BoneCraKeR 20 August, 2009 @ 11:30 am   49

am i seeing right? 4 demos? you havent made a mistake have you? :D

thx for the update and for the vids of gamescon

kingofscotland 20 August, 2009 @ 11:31 am   50

Oh — and meant to say aprt from the lack of new Unchartered Trailer – Great update, will keep me busy in between Call of Juarez (great game)

Mike Kebby 20 August, 2009 @ 11:34 am

Call of Juarez is indeed great fun, I need to play through again with Ray now though :)

Load all