Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 3:02pm

‘Heads-Up’ PlayStation Store Update (29th October 2009)

Howdy folks.

I’ve noticed that a few corners of the internet picked up on a comment I made last week saying that this week would be a big update, I just wanted to put it into context before I began, the full comment was ‘Well next week is going to be a mammoth update in comparison – I can tell you all that much”, I think the key wording here is ‘in comparison’.

I’ve set this up like it’ll be a small update now haven’t I? Well, I’m only toying with you dear reader :), this week is a veritable feast of goodness, so join me as we jump into today’s update to savour the tasty delights that will befall you later today.

Seeing as Halloween is round the corner we have some suitably apt content, in the form of Zombie Apocalypse, the mini title Zombie Tycoon, Elvira makes an appearance in Pain, the Pumpkin mask returns for one week in LittleBigPlanet and even Guitar Hero and Rock Band are getting into the spirit.

Full games line up in the shape of Hasbro Family Game Night for the PS3, and LocoRoco Midnight Carvnival, Crystal Defenders, Super Monkey Ball Adventure and Football Manager Handheld 2010 for the PSP.

Then we get all demo-tastic with two Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time demos, one featuring Ratchet and the other featuring, yes that’s right, Clank. Fat Princess, Trine, Zombie Apocalypse and Dragon Ball Raging Blast make up the rest of the PS3 demo list. For the PSP you can sample LocoRoco Midnight Carnival, PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe and Crystal Defenders.

Then (yes there’s more) you can get hold of downloadable content for EyePet, Cross Edge, Beatles: Rock Band, DJ Hero and Trivial Pursuit, finished off with a light smattering of trailers and themes.

Finally, for our German speaking friends you can get hold of all the additional Fallout 3 packs this week, and we’ve also added the English language version of the packs onto the Portuguese and Dutch stores too.

Okay, now for the fun stuff – get commenting!

PlayStation Store via PS3

Special Offers

• Riff Everyday Shooter (PS3) (£3.99/€4.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • SOCOM Fireteam Bravo (PSP) (£9.99/€12.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Future Cop: LAPD 2100AD (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Syndicate Wars (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Hi-Octane (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Championship Bass (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Street Skater (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Street Skater 2 (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)

Downloadable Game

• Pain - Elvira Character (£0.79/€0.99) PEGI 12+
  • LittleBigPlanet – Halloween Mask (free) PEGI 7+
  • EyePet – Lucky Dip Styling Pack 2 (free) PEGI 3+
  • Cross Edge
    • Add EP (£2.39/€2.99)
    • Add G (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Add PP (1) (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Add PP (2) (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Add TP (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Additional Dungeon 1 (free)
    • Additional Dungeon 2 (free)
    • Additional Dungeon 3 (free)
    • Additional Dungeon 4 (free)
    • Additional Dungeon 5 (free)
    • Beauty & Beast Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Big Strong Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Bromidic Pack (free)
    • Chicken Prediction Pack (free)
    • Defense Is Offense Pack (1) (free)
    • Defense Is Offense Pack (2) (free)
    • Departure Pack (free)
    • Enigma Synth Pack (1) (free)
    • Enigma Synth Pack (2) (free)
    • Exotic Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Fickle Woman Pack (free)
    • Fluffy Synth Pack (free)
    • Fresh Heart Pack (free)
    • Hero Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
    • It’ll Come in Handy Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
    • Latest Technology Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Lots of Legends Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Mighty Rare Pack (free)
    • Mystery Synth Pack (free)
    • New Costume Set (1) (£3.19/€3.99)
    • New Costume Set (2) (£3.19/€3.99)
    • No Sense of Direction Pack (free)
    • Open Gallery (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Open Voice (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Power-Up Pack (free)
    • Power-Up Pack + (free)
    • Pretty Little Pack (free)
    • Safety Pack (free)
    • Service Point Pack (free)
    • Stew Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Stone SP Synth Pack (free)
    • Strongest (In a Way) Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Thanks for Waiting Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • This is Equipment Pack (free)
    • Trial Edition Pack (free)
    • Unspoken Fear Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Upgrade Point Pack (£1.19/€1.49)
    • Wanderer Pack (free)

PEGI 12+

• Trivial Pursuit – Sports Pack (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+
  • DJ Hero – Extended Mix Pack 01 (£4.79/€5.99) PEGI 12+
  • Beatles: Rock Band
    • Abbey Road Album (£10.49/€11.25)
    • Because (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Maxwell’s Silver Hammer (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Oh! Darling (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

• Guitar Hero 5
    • Astro Zombies by The Misfits (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson (£1.59/€1.99)
    • Gor Gor by GWAR (£1.59/€1.99)
    • All Hallows Eve Track Pack (contains the three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.49)

PEGI 12+

• Rock Band
    • Best of Me by Morningwood (£0.59/€0.79)
    • Burn by Rob Zombie (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Dragula by Rob Zombie (£0.99/€1.49)
    • New Moon Rising by Wolfmother (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Pilgrim by Wolfmother (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Rock Me by Liz Phair (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Sugarbaby by Morningwood (£0.59/€0.79)
    • Sundial by Wolfmother (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Superbeast by Rob Zombie (£0.99/€1.49)
    • White Unicorn by Wolfmother (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Woman by Wolfmother (£0.99/€1.49)
    • Rob Zombie Pack 01 (this pack contains the above three Rob Zombie tracks) (£2.49/€3.99)
    • Wolfmother Pack 01 (this pack contains the above five Wolfmother tracks) (£5.25/€6.59)

PEGI 12+

Videos (free)

• PAIN Elvira Trailer
  • Dante’s Inferno Limbo Gameplay Trailer
  • Dragon Age: Origins Warden’s Keep Trailer
  • Dragon Age: Origins Stone Prisoner Trailer
  • Need for Speed: Shift TV Spot Trailer
  • Heroes over Europe Ace Kill Gameplay Trailer
  • Heroes over Europe Planes Gameplay Trailer
  • Heroes over Europe Environments Gameplay Trailer

Premium Themes

(static themes)

• Apache Gunship Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Bloodwork Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Fractal Fire Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
  • Shades of Autumn Theme (£1.19/€1.49)

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go

Special Offers

• SOCOM Fireteam Bravo (PSP) (£9.99/€12.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Future Cop: LAPD 2100AD (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Syndicate Wars (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Hi-Octane (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Championship Bass (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Street Skater (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
  • Street Skater 2 (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

• LocoRoco Midnight Carnival (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 3+
  • Crystal Defenders (£7.99/€9.99) PEGI 7+
  • Super Monkey Ball Adventure (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 16+
  • Football Manager Handheld 2010 (£35.99/€44.99) PEGI 7+

minis (also available via the PS3 store)

• Zombie Tycoon (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+

Trial and Unlock Key

• LocoRoco Midnight Carnival (Trial free, Unlock Key £11.99/€14.99) PEGI 3+

Demos (free)

• PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe Demo PEGI 12+
  • Crystal Defenders Demo PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

• Rock Band Unplugged
    • Kool Thing by Sonic Youth (£0.99/€1.49)
    • My Old School by Steely Dan (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

444 Comments 0 Author replies
Show oldest first

Is this where I press F5?

Now this is a good update!
Good job, Mike :)
Dare I ask if you have any information on Final Fantasy VIII yet?

- Neil

almighty-slayer 29 October, 2009 @ 3:05 pm   3

Hmm…I’ll download the Ratchet demo, and that’s it by the look of it.

Any chance you can tell us when we will have some information on the Video store, Mike? Seeing as it could be out any time in the next 4 weeks?

Mike Kebby 29 October, 2009 @ 3:07 pm

I’m not working on the Video Store so won’t be making the announcements myself – once news is ready to go, the team working on it will post here ;)

Gavin_Rozee 29 October, 2009 @ 3:06 pm   4

Damn. Disappointed :( LocoRoco: MC is mine though.

astrocrack 29 October, 2009 @ 3:06 pm   5

Fallout 3 DLC at last. Good job ;D

Awesome thanks Mike ill be picking up Zombie Apocolypse. Heard anything about WWE SmackDown Vs RAW 2010 DLC as well?

soopastarr007 29 October, 2009 @ 3:06 pm   7

Any word on OPM HD (EU version of Qore)? This was announced months and months ago, and supposed to be produced by Future Publishing, but nothing has been said since. Is it still in the works? Or has it been put on hold?

Glad to see a trial for Zombie Apocalypse. Always a fan of try before you buy.

Great update! Thanks for posting!!

I´ed like to note that the Fat Prince Patch is already live. Join us in new Pork. :-D

Lucky i’m getting a lift to work so i was able to catch this :D

Unfortunately nothing for me again mike :(

5 Demos :O, !

You were right Mike, a mammoth update just generally – no need for ‘in comparison to…’ :D. Hopefully you won’t need your flameproof suit and bulletproof armour and whatnot this week!

Keep up the good work!!

Mike Kebby 29 October, 2009 @ 3:10 pm

I’ve read comments in other posts, and it seems some people expect the world’s biggest update this week – don’t get me wrong, it’s a good one, with quite a bit of content, but some people are bound to be disappointed after getting themselves all worked up :)

AshKorsair 29 October, 2009 @ 3:08 pm   13

thats a load of content right there good one.
is there any word on a playable dragon age demo anytime soon?
also..why is uncharted 2 so easy?
got all trophies already and i have the game just two weeks…i want more goodness!!!

ow and do u know if there will ever be different music backgrounds (u know when u play music u can see earth or colours etc.)?
peace

Bloodhound123 29 October, 2009 @ 3:08 pm   14

AWESOME update thanks Mark! been waiting 4 Ratchet and Clank demos and Zombie Apocalypse , all we need now are more PS1 Classics, Spyro, Crash 2 (we have 1 and 3 so y not 2?) and also have u got news on if we r gonna get abe’s oddysee and exoddus?

Gavin_Rozee 29 October, 2009 @ 3:09 pm   15

It gets better -

“1%”…Now for a small announcement, this is advance warning about next week; we are only releasing a small update next week as we have some behind the scenes work (nothing exciting, but necessary) underway, so we’ll have minimal time to update the store – normal service will resume from the 12th however.”
:( :( :(

Mike Kebby 29 October, 2009 @ 3:11 pm

I could have not mentioned it and let you all expect the moon on a stick next week ;) – we love giving you great updates, and I wish we could do it every week, but some weeks will be slow, and some weeks we will need to have small publishes in order to work behind the scenes so to speak.

Micheil794 29 October, 2009 @ 3:09 pm   16

Any idea when the update will go live?, im dying to buy Zombie Apocalypse xD

Finally, ZombieApocalypse!!!!!! :) Thx, Sony!

Been waiting for Locoroco MC since it was announced, nice. Will try Zombie Tycoon and Crystal Defenders too.

I see Zombie Apocolypse has an Unlock Key, does that mean it’s the full version as well as the demo then?

Why is there always a lack of PSP demos compared to the US? (please answer)

Mike Kebby 29 October, 2009 @ 3:12 pm

There are three PSP demos this week – let’s wait and see how many the US store has this week…

Aw, I was hoping to get some Critter Crunch action as I can’t purchase it from the US store :( Any idea when that’ll come out?

And thanks for the update! :D

PirateDave 29 October, 2009 @ 3:10 pm   21

I was hoping that the Borderlands DLC and Critter Crunch would be out today, any idea when they’re coming as I’m assuming they’re not out next week?. I lost interest in ZA, there was too long a gap between the US and UK release for me, thought he demo was quite good.

Domino2097 29 October, 2009 @ 3:10 pm   22

Any news on when and if we will be getting the Oddworld games?
And of course the avatars?

Mike Kebby 29 October, 2009 @ 3:12 pm

No news on Oddworld – avatars will be coming soon, once things are confirmed I will post and let you all know.

Nice update, but only 2 things for me. Eyepet DLC for my lil sister and the Ratchet demo for me.

Will be getting all demo’s thats for sure, Future Cop: LAPD is eyeing me up as well, nostalgia and all! Great update Mike and the team :)

i thought it was bigger than this mike lol

Big update good job!

almighty-slayer 29 October, 2009 @ 3:10 pm   27

Here’s a question, where the hell is Critter Crunch?

Ratchet and Clank Ratchet demo for me! And Tekken 6 tomorrow, woo! Got something to keep me entertained till then! I’m rather looking forward to boh games and will be picking up LE for both of them. Clank ftw! Nina Williams ftw!

Any word on the Tomb Raiders coming to PSN Store soon or jus the classic “publishers, blah, don’t know, blah, if you keep asking I’m going to cut your throats soon”? :P

Or an Assassin’s Crred II or Bloodline (PSP) demo?

And… promise, one final question: For my Journalism I have to get a quote from a Sony fellow. Preferrably the UK PR Manager about trophies and their influence on gaming culture. Is it possible you could pass me the name and contact details for them? I’ve seen many names myself (I think one was Mark Levitan but I’m not quite sure if that’s correct). Thanks, whatever the answer may be.

ljforlozz 29 October, 2009 @ 3:10 pm   29

Mike any ps1 classics next week??????

mrfight67 29 October, 2009 @ 3:11 pm   30

shame i cant swap my ps3 crystal defenders for psp one. still, great update, will be playing loco roco, cd, rac demos. =]

unitedkronos 29 October, 2009 @ 3:11 pm   31

It’s good to see the demos for Ratchet & Clank and Fat Princess finally available, but I’m still worried about the serious lack of PSone Classics compared to North America and Japan. Any news on compiling a list of future PSone Classics to post up?

Soild_Nat 29 October, 2009 @ 3:12 pm   32

@3 Maybe that small and necessary work behind the scenes is prep for the video store.

Good update this week and the Ratchet and Clank Demos will be good to try. Might also try the FP one, heard a lot of improvements have been made to it since release….

Suzzopher 29 October, 2009 @ 3:12 pm   33

I know this is off topic somewhat but do you have any idea if Demon’s Souls coming to Europe?

Mike Kebby 29 October, 2009 @ 3:16 pm

I wish it was – I am desperately trying to get my hands on a copy! I have no idea though, here’s hoping at some point it makes an appearance.

TehDarkLocke 29 October, 2009 @ 3:12 pm   34

Thanks for the hard work Mike!

Two questions, I’ll be very thankful for you if you could answer them:

A. Crash Bandicoot 2… why is it not up on the store? That’s not a third party game so maybe you can try to do something about it… >_>

B. About FF8, would you say it’s moving at a pace unlike the various games that the US PSN got but the PAL PSN didn’t? A simple yes or no would suffice… I don’t want dates or anything

Again, thanks for the hard work Mike.

Amherst_Wind_4 29 October, 2009 @ 3:13 pm   35

Holy crap, Crystal Defenders PSP! Niiiiiiiiiiice and at a fair price too *eyes Loco Roco Midnight Carnival*
Along with that a Pixel Junk demo and ALLLLLLLLLLLLL of the Cross Edge dlc. This is a good update!
But Im surprised you had enough time to do an update post Mike, aren’t you stuck into Borderlands like me? :p

Mike Kebby 29 October, 2009 @ 3:17 pm

No my PS3 copy has not arrived yet (though I have played a bit on PC, but my machine keeps crashing) :(

Hey Mike! Great work on the update! :)
Any news on the new avatars?

Cheera!
PKa_93

SCOUTING4GUNS 29 October, 2009 @ 3:14 pm   37

been waiting to try out trine thanks mike quality update

@almighty-slayer

The PSP video store already works. I saw it when they accidentally went live with it – minus content :-( – a month or two ago.

There’s a nice “Swooshy” effect on it as you switch between the stores, as Mike will neither confirm or deny ;)

Hay Mike What Games does the family games night include ?

Amigaguru 29 October, 2009 @ 3:14 pm   40

ace update,thanks.

Skookie30 29 October, 2009 @ 3:14 pm   41

its a GOOD update better then SO-SO updates right, but………….

not a mammoth one so MIKEFACE or sir kebby “deathcraw” we are to get a crap update next week.

looking forwand to it, i take the vidstore not next week then but…………

im guess its 12th november 2 days after MW2.

why im never surprise with SCEE great work. (sarcasm) :D

Mike Kebby 29 October, 2009 @ 3:18 pm

Please refer to the full comment I made – it’s all to be taken into context, I’m not apologising for people reading between the lines ;)

Razgriz375 29 October, 2009 @ 3:14 pm   42

Woo..definetly try the trial and demos, good update this week Mike

Gavin_Rozee 29 October, 2009 @ 3:15 pm   43

Mike, does the behind the scenes work involve the Video Store? or could it be related to the constant error codes that I’m getting on the PSP Store?

I’m looking forward to the new Avatars. Will they be premium?

geddesmond2 29 October, 2009 @ 3:16 pm   44

Ah man only 5 demos and 2 downloadable game. Why not 6 demos and 3 downloadable games. This update sucks now. I hate SCEE

A superbly demo-tastic update Mike, I’ll be trying a few of those out ASAP. The missus is curious about Trine so a demo is good news…

si_morris 29 October, 2009 @ 3:17 pm   46

we need more PSP games. ive bought a PSP go which wasnt cheap il tell u and there is still nothing worth downloading for it other than a couple which i have, GT, motorstorm and manhunt2. but wears the good stuff?? metal gear/ final fanasy/ silent hill etc etc. for the price i paid id expect alot more titles out for this handheld already….. anyone else agree.

What time does the Store get updated?

4, 5 or 6 pm ?

ShinMegami 29 October, 2009 @ 3:17 pm   48

OMG Fallout german DLC! Have been waiting since MONTHS for this one. It was first announced for June, than pushed back to September…and we german speaking countries get it End of October… Don’t understand what took so long…

Damn, I made a bet on the internet over the “mammuth” update and said:

- Final Fantasy VIII
- VideoStore (it’s much too quiet, was announced for October/November wasn’t it? I think it will be pushed back to “Early 2010″)
- VidZone for Switzerland, etc.

didn’t get one point… but hey some people were saying there would be PS2 games on the PSN so I was a little bit closer than these people…

Where the hell is Dissidia for the PSN????

Blasteroids 29 October, 2009 @ 3:17 pm   49

FAIL : Wolfmother Pack 01 (this pack contains the above five Wolfmother tracks) (£5.25/€6.59)

5 * 0.99p is not £5.25 ! Can you people at SCEE not reject ripoff packs or should this be reported to the Advertising Standards Agency now?

Mike Kebby 29 October, 2009 @ 3:20 pm

Another five track pack to put on the list of offenders – I should have spotted this myself too. We’re working on rectifying these issues with the help of the publisher.

Bloodhound123 29 October, 2009 @ 3:19 pm   50

y did it take so long 4 it to update i couldnt find it, also Trine…..demo? i thought these words would never be used in a sentence together

Load all