Triangle Circle Shapes
Square Cross Shapes

Posted 2:02pm

God Of War III PSN Demo Voucher Code – Check Your Inbox This Weekend!

Hi everyone

I’m Thach Quach, European Software Product Manager for God of War III.

I hope you guys are all excited about what you’ve seen or read about this highly-anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusive. If not, you should, it’s going to be an epic, pulse-pounding and brutal adventure ;-) .

God of War III

For those of you who haven’t had the chance to play the God of War III demo which was on the show floor at E3, Gamescom, Tokyo Game Show and other SCEE events throughout 2009… well… some GREAT news for you: we will be emailing out some demo voucher codes to a selected number of PAL PSN users who registered to receive the SCEE promotional newsletter. If you haven’t opted-in to receive it, it’s unfortunately too late to be in with a chance to be picked for this promotion, but it’s worth you registering today to be considered for future SCEE offers (simply go to the PlayStation Network icon on the XMB, select Account Management => Account Information => => Notification Preferences, and tick the relevant boxes).

Make sure you check your email inbox over the weekend and hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones to receive a voucher code allowing you to download this demo instantly from PlayStation Store! Remember, it’s a random selection and only a limited amount of vouchers are being sent out so good luck :)

And if you still haven’t heard about Kratos or seen anything about God of War III, here is a trailer we released earlier this year:

I also wanted to update you on the ‘God of War III Ultimate Edition’ which was announced for the North American market by SCEA. No need to panic guys, we are not forgetting you! We will also announce the Special/Collector’s Edition and extensive pre-order plans in place for the PAL region. So watch this space, you won’t be disappointed for sure :)

God of War III

That’s it for now… For those of you who haven’t seen them, below is a selection of God of War III screenshots we released not so long ago.

Any comments or questions let me know and remember to check your inbox this weekend. Enjoy the demo if you are one of the lucky ones to receive it!

Thach

God of War III

God of War III

God of War III

God of War III

Did you enjoy this?

Comments

437 Comments 18 Author replies
Show oldest first

Nice, Will the EU be getting the God of War 3 demo with the district 9 blu-ray?

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 2:09 pm

Hi ER-nut, this promotion is for North America only at the moment. Rest assured that we will let everyone know if we do something similar across Europe :-)

loonytoon1982 30 October, 2009 @ 2:04 pm   2

Here’s hoping for a code then.

Although I have already bought the Collection so the code will come with that when it arrives.

mitch_uk_psn 30 October, 2009 @ 2:05 pm   3

@ER-nut Eurogamer.net posted an article saying it is only the American version getting the demo.

Fingers crossed then, can’t wait for this game :D

Aerschtuner 30 October, 2009 @ 2:08 pm   5

This is pretty messed up in my opinion.

Releasing a demo to a selection of users? Is this some sort of micro-marketing-hype-creation-kind-of-stuff?

Just put a demo on PSN for everyone to download or just don’t release a demo at all.

Just release the demo on the PS Store, That’s what it’s there for!

MadmanButter 30 October, 2009 @ 2:21 pm   7

Hope I get a code. I’d love to try this out. I never get any early access codes though, so I wont get my hopes up :(

As others have said. Singling out random PSN users isn’t ideal. Why not just allow everyone to get it from the store?

I know the US & JAP PSN users have to take up certain offers to get a code. But at least it’s not random. And if you tthe demo, you know what to do if you want it.

MadmanButter 30 October, 2009 @ 2:22 pm   8

Correction for the sentence in my above post >__<

**And if you want the demo, you know what to do**

Oh, so we are the first one that can play demo, right? I hope that one of this promo codes will come to my email :)

Solid_Snake1987 30 October, 2009 @ 2:24 pm   10

Hmmm… the GOW III Ultimate Edition in the US doesn’t have the GOW Collection. In my opinion it could only be “Ultimate” if it was included with it, obviously at a higher price. Seeing as we don’t get the collection until next year how about including it in our special edition? Or maybe as a bundle? Like a “God” Edition or something?

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 2:32 pm

Hi Solid_Snake1987. Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll bear this in mind. As per my post, we will announce the PAL pre-order plans and Ultimate Edition content later. Rest assured that we are definitely not letting European consumers down. Watch this space :-)

Nagash_MalKaVian 30 October, 2009 @ 2:25 pm   11

wow, this is good! GL everyone!

Hey Thach,
Few questions here,
1) I have 11GB / 55GB left, is that much ? Will this demo take a huge chunk of it?
2) If so, can i give a code away?
3) How many codes will be given out?

Thanks for your time

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 2:29 pm

Hi CEK111, that is more than enough space to download the demo if you do receive a voucher code. Good luck!

How Heart Pumping is this!

I’m going to have my fingers crossed for the whole weekend as I’ve been desperate to play this since seeing it at E3. It’s easily my most anticipated game next year alongside Gran Turismo 5! :D

Good Luck everyone!

@Thach, have you got any idea how many codes are being sent out? Thanks!

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 2:39 pm

Can’t really say how many but good luck! Check your inbox from this evening onwards :-)

@CEK111 – Code isn’t connected with account, so you can also give it to someone else – after first use code become inactive and cannot be used again (but game can be downloaded again and again from that account).

Wright316uk 30 October, 2009 @ 2:37 pm   15

great news guys thnx for this keeping my fingers crossed :D

I’m not registered to receive the SCEE promotional newsletter so there’s no chance I’m getting a code.

So disappointed, why can’t you just put in on the PSN ?

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 2:44 pm

Hi Arthael_. This is an example of the many benefits PSN users can get when registering to the SCEE promotional newsletter. If you are registered then you’re in with chance to receive this demo voucher code. It’s worth you registering today for future SCEE promotions of this type.

Arkeologen 30 October, 2009 @ 2:41 pm   17

Is this offer available to the whole of EU and other European countries or UK only?

Asking since that even if this is supposed to be an EU blog a lot of what is posted here is UK-centric and you tend to forget other countries often (such as Sweden).

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 2:47 pm

Hi Arkeologen. This promotional offer is for the PAL region so it definitely includes Sweden. Good luck :-)

Great news Thach! But what are my chances – 10-1, 100-1, or less?!? Put me out of my misery! :)

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 2:48 pm

If you’re registered to the SCEE promotional newsletter then you can be selected at random, so good luck!

Cool, fingers crossed!

I would love to play the demo of God of War III and I love the GOW III Ultimate Edition shown on the US blog. Will we be able to pick that one up to in the EU?

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 2:51 pm

Hi OttoT. As per my blog post, we will announce the PAL pre-order and special edition plans later. Watch this space :-)

Fingers & toes crossed. Nice one!

Is it ok if in “Notification Preferences”, only the first box is thicked ?

Thanks.

Hi, wich boxes, first for PlayStation information or second too for partners?

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 2:54 pm

Hi l0_t0. You only need to tick the first box for the SCEE promotional newsletter.

LordCartman 30 October, 2009 @ 2:54 pm   24

I think this is a good move by Sony. It will get more people to subscribe to the Sony emails, which I already do. It also explains the relative quiet regarding GOW3 from SCEE. Still, some people will continue to complain…

Just when I thought you couldn’t possibly neglect us any more, you go and do something like this

…and totally redeem yourselves!

On the “Notification Preferences” on the XMB it says:

Box one “Yes i would like to receive information on Playstation Products and services”

Box two “yes i would like to receive information from seleted third party companie

Do you have to select both boxes for a chance to get the GOW3 code or just the first box (box one)

The last email i got from playstation was about R&C and EyePet on the 27th oct.. will i be in a chance for a code?

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 2:59 pm

Hi KAP. You only need to tick the first box (PlayStation Product and Services). If you were already registered then yes you’re in with a chance to receive the voucher code. It’s totally random so good luck to you!

addyjones1234 30 October, 2009 @ 2:55 pm   27

great news:) is it completely random or is there some method involved, also when are you announcing the ultimate ed for the eu, i wouldd like to know the pricing, its $100 apparently £69.99 then????

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 3:11 pm

Hi addyjones1234. The selection is completely random but you need to be registered to the SCEE promotional newsletter. As for the PAL special edition and pre-order plans, just watch this space, we will announce our plans later :-)

SolidGamerSnake 30 October, 2009 @ 2:56 pm   28

I bet europe will get a lousy steelbook edition…xD

Mr. Quach will Germany be excluded from the voucher give-away?

Munkeh111 30 October, 2009 @ 2:56 pm   29

Just a few questions:
1. If we don’t get it now, will the demo be on the PSN store at some point in the future?
2. Is the God of War Collection region free? Because if we wont be getting the game this year, can we at least import?
3. How soon is soon concerning the special edition PRICING and information
4. Has a March release been confirmed for Europe?

Thanks for answering any questions, and nice avatar!

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 3:15 pm

Hi Munkeh111. Thanks for the numerous questions. Everything regarding the PAL version of the God of War Collection and God of War III special edition will be unveiled later. Bear with me on this, I won’t let European consumers down, that’s for sure! :-) PS: Glad you like my avatar, I worked on the Uncharted 2 marketing campaign as well, hence the Drake avatar ;-)

@gnysek
Thanks for that.

Thach,
Thanks for the reply,
Also, have any codes been sent out yet? When will the first batch be sent ?

Aw wicked. Thanx Thach.

*Fingers crossed*

DJ91rocks 30 October, 2009 @ 3:01 pm   34

Hey, some great news, hope to get one.
Any idea of what time they start getting sent out?

Thach Quach 30 October, 2009 @ 3:18 pm

Hi DJ91rocks. The vouchers will be sent out from this evening onwards. Good luck!

godsgift1888 30 October, 2009 @ 3:02 pm   35

thach was wondering if there is any home support in the forseeable future ?

toolfan2007 30 October, 2009 @ 3:04 pm   36

Sweet Hope I’m lucky enough to get one…:D

Thanks Thach Quach.

It’s weird because I registered to the newsletter but I don’t remember receiving it. :/

The problem with these random promotions is that they are often sent to people with no interest in God of War III or downloading the demo, leaving the true fans who are eager to sample the game in the cold.

In the US fans of the game that buy the GoW Collection get the demo, and fans of the game who buy District 9 get the demo (and let’s face it boosting sales of District 9 was the only reason that promotion was offered). Yet in SCEE it’s a lottery, some fans will get a code, some codes will go to dead e-mail addresses, some codes will go to people with no interest in GoW, and worst still some codes will go to scalpers that will put it straight onto eBay…

It would be far better to send a God of War III promotion mailshot to ALL registered users containing a link where they can register their interest in the game – and then select the random sample from those people that registered an interest (locking the promotional code to their userID in the process to stop them ebaying it!).

What about the God of War Collection for the SCEE region? Unless I hear some firm confirmation soon I’ll be paying £25 to import it from the US from a certain well known e-tailer of import products…

deadman578 30 October, 2009 @ 3:08 pm   39

Will there be a time limit to download it (like beta’s have), because I’ll only be able to download it from the 12th November??

somethingatt 30 October, 2009 @ 3:11 pm   40

So this the E3 demo, untouched, correct?
Nothing updated what-so-ever?

Is it wise to get a wide selection of the public to play it? Many are great but there is always a few loud “OMG ITS GLITCHY AND THE GRPHIX SUKS!” comments from people who don’t know/ understand games get developed over time.

Anyway I was always in the newsletter and hopefully I’ll get a voucher.

apnomis didnt read the post
“No need to panic guys, we are not forgetting you! We will also announce the Special/Collector’s Edition and extensive pre-order plans in place for the PAL region. ”

this is an awesome post! i hope i get a demo code.

Rijckaert 30 October, 2009 @ 3:15 pm   42

DAMN, I forgot to add myself in the newsletter. Hoping there is going to be another round.

I really hate the fact that people in Europe aren’t able to get there hands on the demo.

No God of War Collection, No District 9.

Can we expect something else or do we have to wait untill March 2010 :S

sowasred2012 30 October, 2009 @ 3:15 pm   43

*hopes and prays that the occasional emails he gets from Sony about PSP’s and such are because he’s checked that box on the XMB and not cos he signed up to something on a website somewhere…*

llobateres 30 October, 2009 @ 3:15 pm   44

I wanna demo please and I wanna this blog in spanish please :S

Am I the only who registered to the newsletter but never received it ? ^^

Nice! Hope I get one :D

chinese_dude 30 October, 2009 @ 3:22 pm   47

please be me, fingers crossed.

marcindpol 30 October, 2009 @ 3:23 pm   48

wow hope i will get an email:)!

Already ordered God of War Collection, I WANT THAT BOX :-)

Me wants! Hopefully ill get an email :)

Load all